Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

H.Domaru ws piece?Follow

#1 Apr 08 2010 at 4:50 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
32 posts
I keep getting this everywhere I go, but I TP in a Haubergeon and weaponskill in the Domaru. Some people are always like "Why are you using that fail body piece" "Just full time the Hauby its better for wskills" I'm not a PRO Sam by any means so maybee I'm missing something here. Aren't YGK modded by STR? Wouldn't the extra strength offered by domaru make it better for wskills? It has wsACC to boot. I can't seem to find any threads to support it, just threads saying not to TP in it.
#2 Apr 08 2010 at 7:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
264 posts
yes, domaru is a better WS piece than hauby for YGK, and is an acceptable piece until you can get an osode
#3 Apr 08 2010 at 7:51 AM Rating: Decent
*
51 posts
As far as YGK are concerned, domaru is better than Hauby unless domaru wont increase your fSTR. Most of the people you will come across have the mentatlity of: Domaru sux for tp, therefore domaru sux. Or they just heard by word of mouth, not knowing any info whatsoever and reigning down their lack of knowledge upon you.

____________________________
90: WAR MNK RDM NIN BRD SAM DRK PLD BLM
Maat's Cap brought to you by actually leveling my jobs.
#4 Apr 08 2010 at 9:26 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
bangem wrote:
As far as YGK are concerned, domaru is better than Hauby unless domaru wont increase your fSTR. Most of the people you will come across have the mentatlity of: Domaru sux for tp, therefore domaru sux. Or they just heard by word of mouth, not knowing any info whatsoever and reigning down their lack of knowledge upon you.



even if it doesn't increase fSTR, it increases WSC.

the WS ACC does nothing, b/c tachi:y/g/k (and apparently every other single hit WS + the first hit of every multihit WS, apart from slugwinder--i don't know about other RA WS) have basically auto-capped ACC (the ACC bonus is so huge we can't find a mob to test it on).

haub(+1) could end up better if ATT is really low. y/g/k also get a large pDIF bonus (gekko gets the largest, doubling cRatio). osode/hachiman are usually better though.

edit: weird typo.

Edited, Apr 9th 2010 2:26am by milich
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#5 Apr 08 2010 at 10:46 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
32 posts
Thanxs everyone for chiming in on the subject.
#6GearingSAM, Posted: Apr 15 2010 at 4:39 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Yo real quick, and yes im aiming to bust balls, Domaru is called loldomaru for a reason and this will never change. If you ask any good SAM or watch what they WS in it wil be hauby+1 or osode. Why? This may be outdated information however if you apply it you will never go wrong. Like all stats in ffxi there is a limit to the benefical effects of stacking stats such as str dex ect. For SAM WSes STR caps or has almost NO benefits at around 165 STR which is very difficult to achieve. at around 155 to 158 is SAM STR's Hard cap at this point there is some benefit but not enough to warrent wanting to surpass this point. normal cap you strive in life to hit is about 148-152 and 155 absolute max if your dont ATK gear. however 150 is a good standerd to look to hit on str for wses in my parses seems to be money. soft cap is about 135 140 where STR starts to show the best bonuses and is seen until 148ish 150.
#7GearingSAM, Posted: Apr 15 2010 at 5:35 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) btw forgot and i dont remember how to edit posts (im high atm ^^b) 0s0de useless just because alot of every stat looks nice (it does) has same issue as loldomaru not enough acc to compete, and no atk to compete with the god, Hauby+1.
#8 Apr 15 2010 at 6:46 AM Rating: Good
*
124 posts
GearingSAM wrote:
A lot of misinformation.

Seriously, I can't begin to imagine where you collected this rubbish from.

Milich answered the question pretty succinctly a couple of posts above you:
milich wrote:
even if [STR] doesn't increase fSTR, it increases WSC

In other words, STR NEVER stops improving YGK. Att and Acc from gear are pretty much useless because of the huge bonuses applied to YGK.

Hence Osode > Domaru > Hauby(+1) for great katana WS.
____________________________
Amasido: Tarutaru from Windurst, Sylph server.
BLM/RDM/NIN/BRD/SAM
#9 Apr 15 2010 at 6:56 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
281 posts
GearingSAM wrote:
Yo real quick, and yes im aiming to bust balls, Domaru is called loldomaru for a reason and this will never change.
Two posts above you from someone that actually knows what they're talking about says hi.
Also:
GearingSAM wrote:
+5(Smil+1)
What?
The acc does nothing in almost every situation (hi2u "melee hitrate of ~60% in evasion gear vs. Hobgoblin Blaggers -> wsacc 95% without changing any gear" test). Given that, and since you seem to value attack more than you should with YGK's pdif bonus, why would you drop 4 STR for 12 attack going from Osode > Haub+1 and not be dropping 2 STR for 15 attack by going with Foragers?

protip: Attack has a hard cap against whatever mob you're fighting. Once you cap your attack/defense ratio, adding more attack is worthless. YGK get MASSIVE ratio bonuses, making it very easy to cap against most mobs. This is why your full-STR-on-WS SAMs are still doing respectable dmg against sky gods. WSC never caps, and adds to base dmg on WS. Making STR the gift that keeps on giving.
____________________________
bsphil wrote:
This is when bsphil wanders in to wonder what the f*ck you people have done.
#10GearingSAM, Posted: Apr 15 2010 at 7:18 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) fun fun go parse unfortunately benfits from str do cap and even better yet getting the 12 atk is important because your also getting 12acc and dex from the hauby which btw most ppl will tell you up crits which i deny but meh. do me a favor before you go /quoting me (im assuming you did 2 posts up from this) and retype what i said, how old are you? 4? because thats how it looks. but liek i said go parse osode same WS gear and then Hauby+1 on some hard to kill mobs if HAuby +1 wins they <_< >_> OH SNAP THE NEWB APPARENTLY DOESNT NEED PRO TIPS OMG THATS HULARIOUS so liek btw i based this off a parse and set of info from long ago which has deemed correct (partial b/c its from a japenese site). so liek yeah ^^B parse post, results.
#11 Apr 15 2010 at 7:35 AM Rating: Excellent
*
124 posts
GearingSAM wrote:
fun fun go parse unfortunately benfits from str do cap and even better yet getting the 12 atk is important because your also getting 12acc and dex from the hauby which btw most ppl will tell you up crits which i deny but meh. do me a favor before you go /quoting me (im assuming you did 2 posts up from this) and retype what i said, how old are you? 4? because thats how it looks. but liek i said go parse osode same WS gear and then Hauby+1 on some hard to kill mobs if HAuby +1 wins they <_< >_> OH SNAP THE NEWB APPARENTLY DOESNT NEED PRO TIPS OMG THATS HULARIOUS so liek btw i based this off a parse and set of info from long ago which has deemed correct (partial b/c its from a japenese site). so liek yeah ^^B parse post, results.

1) Learn some sentence and paragraph structure, your posts make my eyes hurt.

2) No WS crits unless its description is "Chance of critical varies with TP", or you use Sneak Attack before. And if you're doing the latter, no amount of dex will make the slightest difference.

3) YGK gets a huge acc boost. Using acc on YGK on almost any mob is stupid (except maybe something like fighting Kirin unbuffed).

4) I don't need to parse anything. What you're saying has been disproved years ago. You can refuse to believe it if you want. You'll only be gimping yourself, which is of no concern to me.
____________________________
Amasido: Tarutaru from Windurst, Sylph server.
BLM/RDM/NIN/BRD/SAM
#12GearingSAM, Posted: Apr 15 2010 at 7:50 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) why would i care about sentence structure on a forum ... or ffxi for that matter,DEX does increase ACC tho, only Gekko gets accuracy bonus, and i dont care either because avg 1.1k-1.5k on ws with bursts of aorund 1.7k-2k = fun. btw you really should parse b.c it was never disproven if it was please post link love to see how they reasoned that
#13 Apr 15 2010 at 8:08 AM Rating: Excellent
*
124 posts
GearingSAM wrote:
DEX does increase ACC tho, only Gekko gets accuracy bonus

No, Yukikaze and Kasha get one too. In fact, it is now widely thought that all WSs get an acc boost on their first hit, except Sidewinder and Slug Shot.

Edit: typo

Edited, Apr 15th 2010 10:09am by Amasido
____________________________
Amasido: Tarutaru from Windurst, Sylph server.
BLM/RDM/NIN/BRD/SAM
#14GearingSAM, Posted: Apr 15 2010 at 8:12 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) now your jus making things up...and you sitll havent showed parses or evidence proofing me wrong and i shall sadly forcemyself to sometimne buy loldomaru n parse just to set matter staright
#15 Apr 15 2010 at 9:06 AM Rating: Good
*
124 posts
GearingSAM wrote:
and you sitll havent showed parses or evidence proofing me wrong

It's been said multiple times in this very thread, you idiot.

Scroll up and read it for yourself. Then read this page. Particularly the part about WSC. Then stop posting utter sh*te, please.
____________________________
Amasido: Tarutaru from Windurst, Sylph server.
BLM/RDM/NIN/BRD/SAM
#16 Apr 15 2010 at 9:58 AM Rating: Good
GearingSAM wrote:
now your jus making things up...and you sitll havent showed parses or evidence proofing me wrong and i shall sadly forcemyself to sometimne buy loldomaru n parse just to set matter staright


shinjaku, is that you?
#17 Apr 15 2010 at 10:42 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
GearingSAM wrote:
now your jus making things up...and you sitll havent showed parses or evidence proofing me wrong and i shall sadly forcemyself to sometimne buy loldomaru n parse just to set matter staright


no one needs to waste their time proving a moron who disagrees with common knowledge wrong. don't post.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#18GearingSAM, Posted: Apr 15 2010 at 12:36 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Seriously jsut parse yourself with osode and then Hauby+! if you arent a complete idiot and geared correctly, and none of this HAchiman kote or Askar hands on GK, you WILL WS higher and more frequently for more DMG and with better ACC. You can stress using wikis DMG calculation site as much as you like but statistics and actual data analysis can create completely different results, why? Because its SE and they do everything half assed. And as asked before why not use Foragers since i am preaching the ACC and ATK over the addition STR gained from Hauby+1, your goal, as i stated before, is to rech a sweet spot which is normally around 150STR at WS. Using Smild+1 (gaining 2STR) will help you hit that spot perfectly or much easier while not sacrificing the Accuracy you would lose from using loldormaru or Osode, and then also gaining 12 ATK and 6 DEX in the process. Stop complaining Parse apparently it is not common knowledge since you acting like fools suggesting domaru is better then Hauby thats simply absurd.
#19 Apr 15 2010 at 1:21 PM Rating: Good
Screenshot


.
#20 Apr 15 2010 at 1:43 PM Rating: Excellent
troll

unless they're entertaining, which this one is not
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
#21 Apr 15 2010 at 4:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
GearingSAM wrote:
Seriously jsut parse yourself with osode and then Hauby+! if you arent a complete idiot and geared correctly, and none of this HAchiman kote or Askar hands on GK, you WILL WS higher and more frequently for more DMG and with better ACC. You can stress using wikis DMG calculation site as much as you like but statistics and actual data analysis can create completely different results, why? Because its SE and they do everything half assed. And as asked before why not use Foragers since i am preaching the ACC and ATK over the addition STR gained from Hauby+1, your goal, as i stated before, is to rech a sweet spot which is normally around 150STR at WS. Using Smild+1 (gaining 2STR) will help you hit that spot perfectly or much easier while not sacrificing the Accuracy you would lose from using loldormaru or Osode, and then also gaining 12 ATK and 6 DEX in the process. Stop complaining Parse apparently it is not common knowledge since you acting like fools suggesting domaru is better then Hauby thats simply absurd.


i have parsed. when i partied with SAMs who used inferior gear to me (eg less STR on WS, like you going for a 150 "sweet spot" instead of the 170~ that i would have) had lower WS averages. the reason for this can be found in the well-known damage equations, as well as the well-known pDIF and ACC bonus on y/g/k. respectable people such as myself both parse and know the equations, while idiotic trolls like you assume things and are driven by emotion.

p.s. i would say the chances that "GearingSAM" is not in fact one of our previous trolls (ommy, etc) are about 5%. it's also relatively likely that he knows what he's posting is false and is just trolling. this would be mysterious, since this forum is frequented by upwards of 5 people and we've heard all of this **** before and are bored by it.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#22 Apr 16 2010 at 9:09 AM Rating: Good
It would actually be more entertaining if it was Omommy. The whole "back from the dead to get revenge on those who wronged him" angle has a nice Monte Cristo vibe that would be pretty fun if done well. Not that he had enough brain cells to pull something like that off. *sigh* Where have the high quality trolls gone? Maybe it was just a figment of my imagination or nostalgia goggles, but I feel like they were cleverer in the past.
____________________________
Quote:
I don't believe in good guys versus bad guys anymore… I only see a plethora of states acting in self interest… with varying ethics and moral standards of course, but self-interest nonetheless
Winston Churchill wrote:
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 24 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (24)