Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Dotanuki STP questionFollow

#1 Dec 25 2009 at 4:33 AM Rating: Decent
*
214 posts
Can I attain a 6 hit build with Dotanuki even though it is a 420 Delay weapon?

Store TP III (+20)
Shinimusha Hara-ate (+9)
Shinimusha Haidate (+6)
Rajas Ring (+5)
Ecphoria Ring (+1)
Carbonara (+6)/Arrabbiata (+5)

+46/+47 STP
____________________________
Phaulken of Asura
DRG:75 WHM:75 SAM:50 BLM:37 RDM:37 SCH:37 NIN:37 SMN:37 ALL:20+
[SM:R10][ROZ:O][COP:O][TOAU:29][ACP:O][MKD:X][ASA:X]
#2 Dec 25 2009 at 6:54 AM Rating: Good
***
3,959 posts
No. With a DLY:420 weapon you need a total of STP+57 so you'd need to find another ten from somewhere (eleven with Arrabbiata, but why are you using Arrabbiata if you're not high enough to use a Hagun?)
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#3 Dec 25 2009 at 7:04 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Why are you using Arrabbiata at all, ever? And why are you talking about 6-hits before 75?

Edited, Dec 25th 2009 7:10pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#4 Dec 26 2009 at 4:53 AM Rating: Default
*
214 posts
Because I'm bored with Soboro.
____________________________
Phaulken of Asura
DRG:75 WHM:75 SAM:50 BLM:37 RDM:37 SCH:37 NIN:37 SMN:37 ALL:20+
[SM:R10][ROZ:O][COP:O][TOAU:29][ACP:O][MKD:X][ASA:X]
#5 Dec 26 2009 at 6:10 AM Rating: Good
***
3,959 posts
It doesn't bode well when you're bored of, frankly, the best weapon you can wield before 70.

Edited, Dec 26th 2009 7:16am by Lucinus
____________________________
LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH
#6 Dec 26 2009 at 6:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Phaulken wrote:
Because I'm bored with Soboro.


Even if you're bored with it, it's not a wise idea to go from a great weapon to one that's subpar in almost ever aspect. The 450 delay line of Great Katanas are superior to the 420 ones (it's the same as the 492 line of Polearms being better for Drg than just about any of the others), and the Soboro is one of the best 450's before you hit the 70's. There is really nothing that the Dotanuki has that would make it worth using over a Soboro.

Edited, Dec 26th 2009 7:38am by Vlorsutes
____________________________
Lady Jinte wrote:

Vlorsutes' Negotiation Skill rises 0.2 points
Vlorsutes' Observant Parent Skill rises 0.3 points
Vlorsutes' Argument Diffusing Skill rises 0.1 points

#7 Dec 26 2009 at 2:04 PM Rating: Excellent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Phaulken wrote:
Because I'm bored with Soboro.
If soboro is boring I don't see how you're ever going to enjoy SAM.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#8 Dec 28 2009 at 7:44 PM Rating: Good
*
214 posts
Alright, maybe I'll explain myself.
But I don't see why it wasn't possible to just get my question answered without all of the prying that went on.

The reason I was asking is because I just want to run a parser on the two weps and see the diff, which is what I'm doing with Magoroku and Soboro. The only real reason I'm doing that is because it seems that the Soboro gets a lot of hype and I want to know just _how_ much better it is.

I'm going to test 6hit Soboro 7hit Soboro With Rajas and 8Hit Soboro with Uthulam's Ring and Ecphoria. 7hit Magoroku and 6 hit Magoroku and since 6hit isn't possible with Dotanuki, 7 hit Dotanuki.

I'm doing this _because_ I'm bored while playing SAM, because no matter what anyone says SAM is a straightforward job at level 50. The majority of the effort comes in properly equipping it.

I think that the results will show that Soboro is best in all situations besides incredibly high defense mobs when a 450Delay with a 7hit will work better (not 6hit because a person can't afford to lose the ACC/ATK on Body/Legs by subbing in Shini. and I wont need Ecphoria for this build so I can use Rajas and Uthalams)

I mean, the information is probably out there anyway, but why not just test it out?

TY for the info guys. :) If I turn up anything interesting I'll report back.
____________________________
Phaulken of Asura
DRG:75 WHM:75 SAM:50 BLM:37 RDM:37 SCH:37 NIN:37 SMN:37 ALL:20+
[SM:R10][ROZ:O][COP:O][TOAU:29][ACP:O][MKD:X][ASA:X]
#9 Dec 28 2009 at 8:48 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Phaulken wrote:
Alright, maybe I'll explain myself.
But I don't see why it wasn't possible to just get my question answered without all of the prying that went on.

The reason I was asking is because I just want to run a parser on the two weps and see the diff, which is what I'm doing with Magoroku and Soboro. The only real reason I'm doing that is because it seems that the Soboro gets a lot of hype and I want to know just _how_ much better it is.

I'm going to test 6hit Soboro 7hit Soboro With Rajas and 8Hit Soboro with Uthulam's Ring and Ecphoria. 7hit Magoroku and 6 hit Magoroku and since 6hit isn't possible with Dotanuki, 7 hit Dotanuki.

I'm doing this _because_ I'm bored while playing SAM, because no matter what anyone says SAM is a straightforward job at level 50. The majority of the effort comes in properly equipping it.

I think that the results will show that Soboro is best in all situations besides incredibly high defense mobs when a 450Delay with a 7hit will work better (not 6hit because a person can't afford to lose the ACC/ATK on Body/Legs by subbing in Shini. and I wont need Ecphoria for this build so I can use Rajas and Uthalams)

I mean, the information is probably out there anyway, but why not just test it out?

TY for the info guys. :) If I turn up anything interesting I'll report back.


For starters, Dotanuki blows Magoroku out of the water (it's 23 levels higher, why would you ever consider them on the same level?). Then, Soboro blows Dotanuki out of the water.

Feel free to test it out all you want. You really don't need to do any testing at all, simple entry-level algebra will show that.



Edited, Dec 28th 2009 8:54pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#10 Dec 28 2009 at 9:03 PM Rating: Good
***
2,620 posts
Quote:
The reason I was asking is because I just want to run a parser on the two weps and see the diff, which is what I'm doing with Magoroku and Soboro. The only real reason I'm doing that is because it seems that the Soboro gets a lot of hype and I want to know just _how_ much better it is.


Do what you want with your tests, but make sure your doing what your doing correctly.

Soboro gets its power partly from fSTR and WSC. Make sure when you WS with your GKT's, you have as much STR as you can find during Y/G/K. As you can stack way more STR @ 75 than you can @70, its best you compare Soboro and ? @ 75.

Its worth noting, that your tests, however irrelevant, will not make any changes to the way we understand GKT's inc Hagun, Soboro and regular's, so if if there is something you wish to know instead of doing various pointless tests, your more than welcome to ask :)



____________________________
Taking a break.
#11 Dec 28 2009 at 11:10 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,813 posts
Phaulken wrote:
Alright, maybe I'll explain myself.
But I don't see why it wasn't possible to just get my question answered without all of the prying that went on.

The reason I was asking is because I just want to run a parser on the two weps and see the diff, which is what I'm doing with Magoroku and Soboro. The only real reason I'm doing that is because it seems that the Soboro gets a lot of hype and I want to know just _how_ much better it is.

I'm going to test 6hit Soboro 7hit Soboro With Rajas and 8Hit Soboro with Uthulam's Ring and Ecphoria. 7hit Magoroku and 6 hit Magoroku and since 6hit isn't possible with Dotanuki, 7 hit Dotanuki.

I'm doing this _because_ I'm bored while playing SAM, because no matter what anyone says SAM is a straightforward job at level 50. The majority of the effort comes in properly equipping it.

I think that the results will show that Soboro is best in all situations besides incredibly high defense mobs when a 450Delay with a 7hit will work better (not 6hit because a person can't afford to lose the ACC/ATK on Body/Legs by subbing in Shini. and I wont need Ecphoria for this build so I can use Rajas and Uthalams)

I mean, the information is probably out there anyway, but why not just test it out?

TY for the info guys. :) If I turn up anything interesting I'll report back.


unfortunately, the only thing you can learn from these tests is how attentive you are and how much of soboro's obvious advantage you're able to retain (as opposed to squandering it by holding TP too long). there isn't anything else you could find that can't be shown with very simple math.

if you're bored with soboro, experiment with polearm. no reason to experiment with a patently worse great katana... if you're really just interested in "what's the difference b/w the two?" you'll find it better through theorycrafting/math than parsing. parsing gets too sullied by personal error and uneven dia/buffs and sample size and (etc). you can see broad differences with parsing, definitely... but the broad difference b/w soboro and dotanuki is simple: soboro is better by a huge margin. if you want subtlety, learn or ask about the math.

this is a good place to start if you're interested in the latter. also, as a trifling note, you *did* get your question answered without any prying; lucinus answered it like 2 hours after you posted it.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#12 Dec 29 2009 at 1:21 AM Rating: Decent
*
214 posts
._. Ima shut up now, ty neway guys.

Edited, Dec 29th 2009 2:28am by Phaulken
____________________________
Phaulken of Asura
DRG:75 WHM:75 SAM:50 BLM:37 RDM:37 SCH:37 NIN:37 SMN:37 ALL:20+
[SM:R10][ROZ:O][COP:O][TOAU:29][ACP:O][MKD:X][ASA:X]
#13 Dec 29 2009 at 1:23 AM Rating: Decent
*
214 posts
I meant Koryukagemitsu, the names **** me up sorry ;_;

Quote:
For starters, Dotanuki blows Magoroku out of the water (it's 23 levels higher, why would you ever consider them on the same level?). Then, Soboro blows Dotanuki out of the water.

Feel free to test it out all you want. You really don't need to do any testing at all, simple entry-level algebra will show that.


** edit: added quote :P


Edited, Dec 29th 2009 2:30am by Phaulken
____________________________
Phaulken of Asura
DRG:75 WHM:75 SAM:50 BLM:37 RDM:37 SCH:37 NIN:37 SMN:37 ALL:20+
[SM:R10][ROZ:O][COP:O][TOAU:29][ACP:O][MKD:X][ASA:X]
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (16)