Edit: lol made this wall of text and only after that I read Shinta's post and realized I misunderstood Req's post. Yes, by suggesting /RNG with Yoichi I did mean meleeing + Barrage for TP, Namas + Sidewinder for WS, as Shinta said.
Also, /rng would prolly fail to /war or /drg since sam can use soboro to great efficiency to spam 4/5 hit yochis in as litle as 2 attack rounds. Were you to be fighting where you weren't meleeing at all, then /rng would work, but unlike a rng, sam doesn't really want to RA for its TP
Well lets think of it for a minute. I'm not even questioning zerg fights cuz in that case /DRG or /WAR wouldn't stand a chance against /RNG, assuming a Yoichi SAM.
Also not gonna get into non zerged HNMs cuz I find it somewhat silly that someone would have Yoichi and not have RNG to use the bow on longer fights, or that a SAM would have wasted all that gil on it instead of Amano if he does not have RNG.
* /WAR won't speed up TP building while with Soboro, but it will raise DMG dealt by both meleeing and WSing;
* /DRG will offer 5% haste, Jump and High Jump, 10 accuracy, 10 attack, all of which are amazing for the TP build;
* /RNG will give 22 acc, which should allow a meriting SAM to swap off hauby in exchange of maybe a Byrnie +1 to make up for the attack loss, Barrage - which will take advantage of the relic's hidden effect, allowing up to 4.5k Barrages (on a long CD) while building instant TP, and will grant Sidewinder, which is more DMGing yet much less accurate then Namas.
Without further analysis, I think we can take /WAR away from the competition. It will loose. /DRG seems to build TP faster, even because that 5% haste doesn't depend on luck with Barrages. So I think it's between a
faster and safer TP build, against major WS DMG (firing Sidewinders with Namas accuracy) + possible absurd Barrage DMG.
Lets take a half hour interval:
* a /DRG would have gotten 30 Jumps, rounding up to favor /DRG, that's around 60 hits. On a 6hit build, that's 10 extra WSs
* a /RNG would have gotten 6 Barrages, anywhere between 1.5k and 4.5k. The Barrages can be assumed as 6 instant WSs. Due to firing delay, if you do not open a fight with Barrage after finishing the previous with a WS, you'll rely heavily on Sekkanoki to make this work.
Namas DMG would be around the same for both, however /RNG has the option of using Namas > Sidewinder > Sidewinder > Namas > Sidewinder > Sidewinder, and so on. The amount of Sidewinders between Namas would depend on how fast you're building TP, but basically assuming you always toss a Namas right before Aftermath effect wears off, you can use both Barrage and Sidewinder with full R.Acc, meaning you can easily swap off every single piece of R.Acc gear for R.Att/STR.
I do not remember how much DMG we can average on each 2hit jump and I don't know how much can we expect from a well geared SAM's Namas, so I can't go beyond this by myself. Edited, Dec 17th 2009 1:21pm by sbrubles Edited, Dec 17th 2009 1:32pm by sbrubles