As a rule of thumb, take everything on the wiki with a grain of salt, particularly if people can't give you good reasons "why" something is true. There are way too many people that just write complete **** on there because it's what they do/feel w/o having anything to back it up.
that article(not sure which one he refers to)
I can almost guarantee you he's referring to this LJ post.
did not copy the parse numbers correctly, shortchanged the /WAR accuracy
um, I don't actually know what he's talking about here, the numbers are C&P'd correctly (87% vs 89%, which is about what we'd expect, /DRG gets +10acc, and /WAR gets bushi for +5 skill (~4.5 acc)). I'm guessing he misread something in his hurry to blow off the information.
used the relic GKT which has latent effects making Jumps far more powerful than anyone using Hagun,
This is just **** relic has higher base dmg and occasional 2.5x dmg, but this raises everything proportionately (and thus cancels out). The only thing that's not raised proportionally is DA dmg from WS, which is actually a disadvantage to /WAR for Hagun users, meaning the amano SJ WS dmg difference should be an overestimation of the difference a Hagun user feels.
ignores the 4% difference in crit between the subjobs
The parsed crit rate is 3.5% different in the two parses, which isn't completely surprising. A lot of the DEX->crit rate studies found large variances in parsed crit rate too. The funny thing is, that this actually favors /WAR for his analysis too, since the higher crit rate was in the /WAR parse. Overall /DRG is better for meriting because:
1) Between gear, WHM haste and BRDs getting to a decent haste rate is pretty easy, at which point an additional 5% haste adds a lot
2) SAM GK WS get atk buffs that makes berserk fairly worthless for what accounts for the majority of our damage.
3) SAM GK WS have high fTP values, which drastically decrease the dmg increase of DA (particularly with Hagun+WS gorget).
3) Jumps increase WS freq as well as adding dmg, which (once again) increases the substantial part of our damage rather than the minor part.*
5) Having less hate (HJ) and more defense (no berserk), lets you lean on hasso more without draining your mages.
6) /DRG has slightly higher acc (not that big of a deal compared to other stuff).
7) The "far too much +str" he claims /WAR adds is 1 STR
(69 vs 70 base for a hume, +2-3 STR difference during melee if you include wyvern earring which should be macroed out during WS), it's contribution is soo small it's ridiculous he would even include it.
8)(if you have it) COR+DRK makes hitting pDIF cap pretty easy on squishy things like merit mobs.
*note: at low haste rates the contribution of DA and jumps are about equal 5% haste adds WSfreq advantage to /DRG, at high haste situations DA adds more hits than jums 5% haste adds a ridiculous number of additional hits giving the advantage to /DRG still. see: Interesting /DRG Soboro vs Hagun thread
also: you do have to pay attention more when playing /DRG, but I personally find normal merit parties kind of slow now anyways, so I love the added stuff to do.