This is our new Weaponskill. I was really excited to see how it fairs against the standard Blade: Jin. First weaponskill with my current WS gear gave me 240 damage on an IT in Abyssea (thats where i actually got the WS). I was not happy to say the least. Giving SE the benefit of a doubt i went out to test it on some Too Weak Goblin digger and to my surprise: 240 damage. Ok this certainly looks like a pure magic Weaponskill. Same damage ignoring defense thats interesting if the modifiers are good.
After doing some tests with INT gear i saw a jump in damage but i don't usually carry much INT gear except some all job rings and the Moldy earring. I went up to 258 damage.
Now, on Wiki people seem to have already figured out how it works and this is what really is making me think ~ What does SE want the job to be?
1. New WS is 50% DEX/INT modifier thats high but good luck finding equipment with both. Of the top of my head only Usu body comes to mind (STR +8 DEX +8 INT +8).
2. Magic Attack Bonus affects weapon skill damage. Damage calculates as 2.4 Damage per Magic Attack Bonus point on equipment. Do we even have gear part from Moldy earring that has MAB?
3. Damage can be affected by Water Day/Weather. SCH helping us with damage? Use Elemental Obi for WS on day/weather?
2. We get the new JA for double Elemental Damge.
3. We get Magic Burst Bonus at 80.
Where is SE going with this? They suddenly want us to be Mages or what is the reasoning for this?
I am interested to hear what you all think and let's try to find the best armor set for Blade: Yu, just for fun.
PS: Forgot to add that you better not use this WS in an alliance poisoning a mob that might have to be slept.
Edited, Jun 29th 2010 4:51am by KindjalFerrer