I've just started leveling my thief and I have a few question for you long time thief players.
1. Suggested strategies for soloing when farming at high levels? Is it as simple as TPing, then using sleep bolts then going behind the mob to SATA and DE, SB or Evisc.? Am I missing something or is there a better way of soloing and killing a mob as fast as possible?
2. Any faster method or areas/mobs to skilling Marksmanship (like Zvahl fortalice or something easier?) other than the general skill up method?
3. When solo farming what are the fastest options to claim a mob?
Thank you for the advice.
1. Depends on what you are farming. A lot of NM's are going to resist your sleep bolts but I'll assume for this you are talking about killing lots of fodder mobs.
In that case, I've always liked landing a fully powered SA or SAWS at the start of the fight and continue from there. If you are just spamming fodder mobs, /DNC is really good for this because spectral jig allows you to sneak up on just about anything and will allow you to keep your hp up indefinately.
If the mob lives long enough for you to do a second WS, or you have to claim the mob before you can land SAWS etc, you have the Sleep bolt > SAWS option. Just be aware that you don't need to disengage OR unlock your target for this to work with proper timing. I would actually recommend not using this tactic if you have trouble timing it without disengaging/unlocking etc, because you likey aren't saving yourself any kill time and wasting ammo for your troubles.
2. Target anything that is not resistant to sleep or particularly evasive in your skill up level range (THF mobs obviouslay are a no-no, etc). Load up on racc gear/food/etc and spam sleep bolts till the mob is dead > repeat. Pretty boring, but effective. (Is this the general skillup method you are referring to? I wasn't sure).
3. Hmm fast claim for THF? Darts are a decent low delay ranged option. You can /war for provoke or build finishing moves for the /DNC voke. Steal and mug are good close range options.