Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

DespoilFollow

#1 Jun 22 2010 at 12:23 AM Rating: Good
13 posts
Fking around with it...shares timer with Steal:

uses Despoil
steals a Beehive Chip
*um...whast the debuff...did it not even work?*
miss
miss
miss
Bee's Evasion Down effect wears off, about 90 seconds later.
*wait on recast*
uses Despoil
fails to steal from the Bee.
miss
miss
miss
*2 1/2 min later, no debuff wear off message*

#2 Jun 22 2010 at 12:31 AM Rating: Good
Thief's Knife
*****
15,049 posts
Crap we need to give a new JA to THF. um, Steal II I suppose.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#3 Jun 22 2010 at 1:39 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
****
6,580 posts
Not even Steal II, we'll give it a shared timer wih Steal!

Awesome, now I can choose between a Debuff or Dispel every 5 minutes!!

Although I'll say Evasion down buff is pretty cool! Now we have an eva down proc that's likely worse than feint on a timer over twice as long that shares a timer with an unresistable dispel (aura steal)!

That's awesome dude

Edited, Jun 22nd 2010 7:43am by Noodles
____________________________
[HTID]
DRG BRD TH4 RNG RDM75
Dragoon Equipment Guide
ArsDraconis wrote:
Ultima spends 10 whole seconds shouting "I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER" like a 2004 valkurm melee waiting for SC
#4 Jun 22 2010 at 2:50 AM Rating: Decent
**
707 posts
Quote:

Although I'll say Evasion down buff is pretty cool! Now we have an eva down proc that's likely worse than feint on a timer over twice as long that shares a timer with an unresistable dispel (aura steal)!

That's awesome dude


lolled
____________________________
Life is adventure...or nothing.
Entreri
Server: Seraph
COP 08/20/06 <3
75THF /75BRD - Rank:10 Windurst
~X's Knife 2/2~
#5 Jun 22 2010 at 6:38 AM Rating: Good
*
54 posts
I can die happy now. SE gave me what I've always wanted.
#6 Jun 22 2010 at 7:55 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,831 posts
Can we replace Steal on our macro bars with this? Does Aura Steal work with Despoil or is this strictly limited to item steals?

I'm wondering if we can just totally replace this and leave the lower one for people with /THF instead of main.
#7 Jun 22 2010 at 9:41 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,060 posts
I...can't belive they ACTUALLY made is share a timer with steal....I.....wtf.
____________________________
Nebo
THF99/BRD99
#8 Jun 22 2010 at 10:57 AM Rating: Decent
13 posts
Archain wrote:
Can we replace Steal on our macro bars with this? Does Aura Steal work with Despoil or is this strictly limited to item steals?

I'm wondering if we can just totally replace this and leave the lower one for people with /THF instead of main.

I'm not sure, I just wanted to see the debuff effect, I'll try despoiling mobs with buffs when I can.
#9 Jun 22 2010 at 10:59 AM Rating: Excellent
**
492 posts
ThiefKiller wrote:
I...can't belive they ACTUALLY made is share a timer with steal....I.....wtf.



Called it, then promptly cried.
____________________________
THF on HNM attack in Binary. 10010110101
#10 Jun 22 2010 at 1:53 PM Rating: Decent
*
69 posts
You were expecting maybe something that made thf better on hard monsters? We got Cyclone 2 and steal 2! how many other jobs can say they got an awesome update?
#11 Jun 22 2010 at 2:19 PM Rating: Excellent
Thief's Knife
*****
15,049 posts
flowerpot wrote:
You were expecting maybe something that made thf better on hard monsters? We got Cyclone 2 and steal 2! how many other jobs can say they got an awesome update?


Waiting to find out that Critical hit attack bonus is ATT x1.1 for THF and ATT x1.5 for WAR



Edited, Jun 22nd 2010 5:20pm by Lobivopis
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#12 Jun 22 2010 at 2:43 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
***
3,112 posts
I am actually thinking BRD came out better with reduced critical damage taken or whatever...

Thanks for absolutely nothing SE... just further pushes me to level DRG before THF... even though during exp last night I think I saw conserve TP kick in 4 times on over 100 WS...

Why would SE put this on the same timer as Steal? I was really hoping it could be useful for those situations where you know you will steal something useless (I'm looking at you skeletons... yes I totally wanted that bone chip instead of your ice spikes...) and then you could seal the useless thing with Dispoil and get the buff with aurasteal.

So much for that idea...
____________________________
95THF, 95DRG, 90BRD, 94BLM, 95BLU, 90COR - Retired: Nov 2011
Someday soon my friends, this ride will come to and end, and we can't just get in line again.
#13 Jun 22 2010 at 4:48 PM Rating: Default
Thief's Knife
*****
15,049 posts
Grandlethal wrote:
I am actually thinking BRD came out better with reduced critical damage taken or whatever...

Thanks for absolutely nothing SE... just further pushes me to level DRG before THF... even though during exp last night I think I saw conserve TP kick in 4 times on over 100 WS...

Why would SE put this on the same timer as Steal? I was really hoping it could be useful for those situations where you know you will steal something useless (I'm looking at you skeletons... yes I totally wanted that bone chip instead of your ice spikes...) and then you could seal the useless thing with Dispoil and get the buff with aurasteal.

So much for that idea...


Aura Steal checks before items.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#14 Jun 22 2010 at 4:54 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,864 posts
People are surprised by this?

____________________________
Carbuncle


#15 Jun 22 2010 at 6:02 PM Rating: Decent
****
7,094 posts
Lobivopis wrote:
Aura Steal checks before items.

Wrong. You can steal items from mobs that have buffs.
____________________________
Terraxia - RNG/COR/THF - Midgardsormr/Quetzalcoatl (boxed)
Viper Beam - ARC/CRP - Fabul
#16 Jun 22 2010 at 6:55 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
6,580 posts
redvenomweb wrote:
Lobivopis wrote:
Aura Steal checks before items.

Wrong. You can steal items from mobs that have buffs.

You can also Dispel buffs from mobs that drop things.
____________________________
[HTID]
DRG BRD TH4 RNG RDM75
Dragoon Equipment Guide
ArsDraconis wrote:
Ultima spends 10 whole seconds shouting "I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER" like a 2004 valkurm melee waiting for SC
#17 Jun 22 2010 at 7:23 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,713 posts
But only if you fail to steal the item.
____________________________
-LordTrey
99 THF, COR, DRK, BLM, WHM, DNC
Twashtar (90)
Leviathan
#18 Jun 22 2010 at 8:33 PM Rating: Good
****
7,094 posts
Noodles wrote:
redvenomweb wrote:
Lobivopis wrote:
Aura Steal checks before items.

Wrong. You can steal items from mobs that have buffs.

You can also Dispel buffs from mobs that drop things.

But if Aura Steal checked before items, then it would be impossible to steal an item from a mob that has a buff unless Aura Steal failed. And Aura Steal's failure rate is in the single-digit range (if not low single-digits); the only mob that I've seen it fail on consistently is Dynamis ahriman.
____________________________
Terraxia - RNG/COR/THF - Midgardsormr/Quetzalcoatl (boxed)
Viper Beam - ARC/CRP - Fabul
#19 Jun 23 2010 at 8:19 PM Rating: Good
**
269 posts
As "meh" as this ability appears to be, we may as well start noting it's effects.

Thus far I've seen

Magic defense down.
"disease" (hoping this is plague, but no idea)
Evasion down.
Defense down.

If we've got the ability, we may as well try to figure it out. Though it would really help if we could see the debuff *as it lands* not after it wears.

edit: I've landed a debuff without stealing an item, but it seems to be rare. Evey time I've stolen an item, a debuff landed.

Edited, Jun 23rd 2010 7:59pm by Wolfhart

Edited, Jun 24th 2010 7:29am by Wolfhart
____________________________
Wolfheart 80 THF, DRK, MNK but not bard. No, no I didn't level bard.
Phoenix server.
( ')> Shadow Duck approves of this message.
#20 Jun 24 2010 at 5:51 AM Rating: Decent
**
572 posts
Add Def Down to the list. Lasted 27 seconds. There's no message it's applied, only when it wears off.
____________________________
http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=48591
#21 Jun 24 2010 at 7:38 AM Rating: Excellent
Jack of All Trades
******
28,998 posts
Steal definitely attempts to steal an item first. If that succeeds, Aura Steal won't kick in.

Try fighting skeletons for a coffer key in Eldieme... you will get frustrated at how often you fail to remove Ice Spikes because you just had to yoink that worthless bone chip instead.

As for Despoil, if we can't even tell how the mob's been enfeebled until it wears off, it's going to be pretty damn hard to take advantage of it...
#22 Jun 24 2010 at 11:35 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,060 posts
Fynlar wrote:
As for Despoil, if it shares a recast timer with steal, rarely kicks in unless you successfully steal an item, and we can't even tell how the mob's been enfeebled until it wears off, it's going to be pretty damn hard to take advantage of it...an insult of a new JA.


Fixted.

I don't even know how to articulate my disgust with this garbage.
____________________________
Nebo
THF99/BRD99
#23 Jun 24 2010 at 5:41 PM Rating: Excellent
10 posts
I havn't seen it mentioned yet, but they did apperantly put in new steal tabels with Despoil. Skilling up on yag's in Castle Oz (s) i stole a plate of Sole Sushi from a Yagudo Flagellant and stared at the screen for quite a while. From the same yag mnk mob i also stole Roast Carp, and Roast Pipira. sooo, there's that.
#24 Jun 24 2010 at 6:20 PM Rating: Good
***
3,772 posts
Quote:
I havn't seen it mentioned yet, but they did apperantly put in new steal tabels with Despoil. Skilling up on yag's in Castle Oz (s) i stole a plate of Sole Sushi from a Yagudo Flagellant and stared at the screen for quite a while. From the same yag mnk mob i also stole Roast Carp, and Roast Pipira. sooo, there's that.


That's funny. Maybe for once we'll get to steal useful stuff from more than just a few mobs we rarely fight (maybe inside abyssea?). As it is steal is largely a waste of time because you rarely fight anything with stealable stuff of value. Of course it's probably just wishful thinking. But you never know.

Edited, Jun 24th 2010 8:37pm by Melphina
____________________________
[ffxisig]56619[/ffxisig]

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
#25 Jun 24 2010 at 7:30 PM Rating: Good
***
1,060 posts
Quote:
Steals items from an enemy while inflicting a status ailment upon it.
Shares recast timer with Steal AND sets timer for Collaborator/Accomplice.


I just read this on the wiki. PLEASE someone tell me it isn't true?
____________________________
Nebo
THF99/BRD99
#26 Jun 24 2010 at 10:17 PM Rating: Good
**
492 posts
It isn't true Thief. The recast plugin for some reason denotes "Despoil" as "Collaborator"

Our collaborator timers aren't reset, just steal/despoil.
____________________________
THF on HNM attack in Binary. 10010110101
#27 Jun 25 2010 at 10:46 AM Rating: Excellent
**
492 posts
I can also confirm despoil either has a different "Steal pool" or an altered one. You can check it by stepping out into Cape Terrigan and stealing from a Goblin Mercenary. Goblin Chocolate. :\
____________________________
THF on HNM attack in Binary. 10010110101
#28 Jun 25 2010 at 5:59 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
6,580 posts
Has anyone stolen anything not-food with it yet?
and/or tried it on hnms/nms?
____________________________
[HTID]
DRG BRD TH4 RNG RDM75
Dragoon Equipment Guide
ArsDraconis wrote:
Ultima spends 10 whole seconds shouting "I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER" like a 2004 valkurm melee waiting for SC
#29 Jun 25 2010 at 6:29 PM Rating: Good
**
492 posts
Yeah, I stole a Colibri Feather in MMM as well, died too quickly to get a debuff message though. It's a quirky ability, and nowhere near useful, but who knows? Maybe SE added in some nifty items that can only be stolen with Despoil? <nostalgia> Ode to previous FF games. </nostalgia>


EDIT: Also, thus far, most NMs in Abyssea-Latheine yield 0 results, thought I would say I only used Despoil 15 times there, tops.

Edited, Jun 25th 2010 9:02pm by ElvaanTHF
____________________________
THF on HNM attack in Binary. 10010110101
#30 Jun 25 2010 at 7:11 PM Rating: Good
Test in Ballista!
____________________________
DRG75/RDM75/PLD75


One to be born
from a dragon
hoisting the light
and the dark
arises high
up in the sky
to the still land.
Veiling the moon with the light of eternity
it brings another promise to mother Earth
with a bounty and mercy.
#31 Jun 28 2010 at 2:56 AM Rating: Decent
10 posts
fiend and bird blood off of Caedavra Leeches, wouldn't be supprised to see beastmen as the "HQ steal" on them, but non food at least.
#32 Jun 28 2010 at 5:57 AM Rating: Good
*
104 posts
5minutes recast possible random debuff ?!
Why? Why?
What's on earth a THF done to you SquareEnix?!
#33 Jun 28 2010 at 9:48 PM Rating: Good
Thief's Knife
*****
15,049 posts
chichicha wrote:
5minutes recast possible random debuff ?!
Why? Why?
What's on earth a THF done to you SquareEnix?!


Because SE does not like THF.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#34 Jun 28 2010 at 10:03 PM Rating: Good
We're the buttmonkeys of the DD world. We were buttmonkeys back when all the DRGs and DRKs were buttmonkeys, and we are still buttmonkeys now that they are riding high. We were buttmonkeys when DNC was created, and are still buttmonkeys now that they are... whatever they are now the lucky mother@#%^ers.

Us and BSTs. At least BST got some new jugs that aren't a joke.

Yes, I'm being petulant, but still, someday I'd like to be able to be driving the bandwagon.

Edited, Jun 28th 2010 11:04pm by AldousCayo
____________________________
In simplicity, utility. Through utility, simplicity.
#35 Jun 29 2010 at 12:53 AM Rating: Good
**
492 posts
Oh, you'll be pleased to hear some credible testing is going on about the new ladybug jug having some form of Treasure Hunter.

And yeah, it does sound bogus and until I read the BG thread I thought someone was making fun of THF again.

Edited, Jun 30th 2010 9:56pm by ElvaanTHF
____________________________
THF on HNM attack in Binary. 10010110101
#36 Jun 29 2010 at 6:47 PM Rating: Good
**
803 posts
ElvaanTHF wrote:
Oh, you'll be pleased to here some credible testing is going on about the new ladybug jug having some form of Treasure Hunter.

And yeah, it does sound bogus and until I read the BG thread I thought someone was making fun of THF again.


Ahahahahaha Square Enix hates us so damn much. :(
____________________________
Currently unable to play due to Square-Enix's lack of discretion for players.
#37 Jun 29 2010 at 7:44 PM Rating: Good
***
1,060 posts
ElvaanTHF wrote:
Oh, you'll be pleased to here some credible testing is going on about the new ladybug jug having some form of Treasure Hunter.

And yeah, it does sound bogus and until I read the BG thread I thought someone was making fun of THF again.


yeah, they already confirmed it has gil finder <.<....

All I can do is laugh lol. Grats BSTs, I guess.

Edited, Jun 29th 2010 9:45pm by ThiefKiller
____________________________
Nebo
THF99/BRD99
#38 Jun 29 2010 at 9:45 PM Rating: Good
Quote:
Oh, you'll be pleased to here some credible testing is going on about the new ladybug jug having some form of Treasure Hunter.


Goodbye cruel world.

/suicide
____________________________
In simplicity, utility. Through utility, simplicity.
#39 Jun 29 2010 at 10:30 PM Rating: Decent
*
54 posts
Tonight I stole a lizard skin from a lizard in Abyssea using Despoil. Mob died to fast to know if I put a status on it.

Edited, Jun 30th 2010 12:30am by Acidskie
____________________________
Sylph - Acidskie - Mithra - Bastok - Rank 9
Thf 79 / War 76 / Nin 51 / Bst 26 / Blm 20 / Mnk 16 / Rdm 9 / Whm 21 / Rng 2 / Smn 1 / Sam 1
Merits: Dagger 8/8, Crit 4/4, Triple Attack 5/5, Aura Steal 1/?, Ambush 1/?, & Feint 1/?
Woodworking (74) Fishing (82)
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?74158
#40 Jun 30 2010 at 7:56 PM Rating: Good
**
492 posts
Few more items/debuffs to share. So far it has a worse steal rate than Steal, and +steal gear doesn't affect it.

Attack down/defense down/slow all given when an item was stolen.

Can steal raffelsia vines from (obviously) raffelsia, meat from crabs, and 2 leaf buds from Korrigan in the tree. :\

I'd rather have regen from Photosynthesis than a 2 leaf bud, @#%^.


____________________________
THF on HNM attack in Binary. 10010110101
#41 Jul 01 2010 at 1:36 AM Rating: Good
Thief's Knife
*****
15,049 posts
I think SE has started just outright trolling us now.

Edited, Jul 1st 2010 4:37am by Lobivopis
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#42 Jul 01 2010 at 7:53 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,831 posts
I honestly can't currently think of a situation where I'd want to use this over the regular steal (other than beastmen stealing).

It seems like the items stolen, if they're stolen at all, are pretty much the same items that would normally drop on the death of the enemy itself, the chance of actually being successful with the steal are fairly low, and I have no idea what the debuff I applied was until it wears (if I even keep the enemy alive that long).

I've used it several times for nothing other than the fact that it was something new to play with, but I don't think this one will be making it to my macro bar over the regular Aura Steal enhanced base version anytime soon. I'll probably continue to use it while I'm messing around, but other than that I'm not too happy with this skill to be honest.

Even Mug, on it's 15 min timer, is more useful than this is in it's current state. If the debuff is only applied to enemies that you can steal from and most HNMs/NMs do not include stealable items (from current knowledge, this may be different now but I haven't succeeded in stealing anything from NMs yet), this is essentially useless to us on enemies that would actually require the debuff assistance since nothing is applied on a failed steal.

At a minumum, listing the debuff applied with a successful steal would at least give a THF a heads up as to what the hell is going on, but if it's only being used on chaff enemies that you can annihilate and the item stolen is something that usually drops on death anyway...what exactly is the point? Just chain kill and let TH load your inventory to the point of overflow.

Maybe I'm not using it correctly? I haven't tried to see if it works in synergy with any of our other skills yet. I assumed that this would not work with SA and TA and haven't tried anything positional in nature, but with the description matching Steal somewhat, I hadn't even considered it.

I like the Critical Attack Bonus trait (as my positive nod to something), but I'm not sure how this abortion of a /ja was supposed to change our gameplay.

Can anyone find a viable use for this other than creating a scrollbar in our /ja menu?
#43 Jul 01 2010 at 4:56 PM Rating: Good
**
492 posts
Archain wrote:
I honestly can't currently think of a situation where I'd want to use this over the regular steal (other than beastmen stealing).

It seems like the items stolen, if they're stolen at all, are pretty much the same items that would normally drop on the death of the enemy itself, the chance of actually being successful with the steal are fairly low, and I have no idea what the debuff I applied was until it wears (if I even keep the enemy alive that long).

I've used it several times for nothing other than the fact that it was something new to play with, but I don't think this one will be making it to my macro bar over the regular Aura Steal enhanced base version anytime soon. I'll probably continue to use it while I'm messing around, but other than that I'm not too happy with this skill to be honest.

Even Mug, on it's 15 min timer, is more useful than this is in it's current state. If the debuff is only applied to enemies that you can steal from and most HNMs/NMs do not include stealable items (from current knowledge, this may be different now but I haven't succeeded in stealing anything from NMs yet), this is essentially useless to us on enemies that would actually require the debuff assistance since nothing is applied on a failed steal.

At a minumum, listing the debuff applied with a successful steal would at least give a THF a heads up as to what the hell is going on, but if it's only being used on chaff enemies that you can annihilate and the item stolen is something that usually drops on death anyway...what exactly is the point? Just chain kill and let TH load your inventory to the point of overflow.

Maybe I'm not using it correctly? I haven't tried to see if it works in synergy with any of our other skills yet. I assumed that this would not work with SA and TA and haven't tried anything positional in nature, but with the description matching Steal somewhat, I hadn't even considered it.

I like the Critical Attack Bonus trait (as my positive nod to something), but I'm not sure how this abortion of a /ja was supposed to change our gameplay.

Can anyone find a viable use for this other than creating a scrollbar in our /ja menu?


Hard to tell just yet, for all we know there could be a trick, but if there is no way to enhance it, or no items to gank (And thus debuff) from NMs.. You pretty much hit it spot on. Who knows, SE is retarded to most jobs until they decide they finally should be in favor of updates. SAM used to be a lolJob compared to BLM and RNG, and BSTs used to be the solo king, after all. Maybe in the next two updates we'll get something good. Next update, since I called this one, I'm predicting TH3 trait and... a new very situational and sh*tty hate ability.

inb4 steal that sheds all party members hate on a successful steal.

EDIT: Scrolling issue, damn you chrome.

Edited, Jul 1st 2010 6:57pm by ElvaanTHF
____________________________
THF on HNM attack in Binary. 10010110101
#44 Jul 01 2010 at 10:25 PM Rating: Decent
Thief's Knife
*****
15,049 posts
Archain wrote:


I like the Critical Attack Bonus trait (as my positive nod to something), but I'm not sure how this abortion of a /ja was supposed to change our gameplay.


It was just something they pulled out of their ass at the last minute because they had to give every job a new JA.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#45 Jul 04 2010 at 9:47 AM Rating: Decent
*
69 posts
used Despoil today in Kuftal Tunnel on Deinonychus. I obtained a Raptor skin at a rate of about 1/7 trys. I promptly started despoiling devil manta. 0/20~. Can anyone confirm steal+ equipment has no effect?
#46 Jul 04 2010 at 10:00 AM Rating: Good
**
492 posts
flowerpot wrote:
used Despoil today in Kuftal Tunnel on Deinonychus. I obtained a Raptor skin at a rate of about 1/7 trys. I promptly started despoiling devil manta. 0/20~. Can anyone confirm steal+ equipment has no effect?


5 posts above your's. Sample size was 100 Despoils with and without however. Steal equipment was relic legs, AF hat, feet, key belt, rogue's ring, rabbit charm, and thief's kote.

Edited, Jul 4th 2010 12:14pm by ElvaanTHF
____________________________
THF on HNM attack in Binary. 10010110101
#47 Jul 04 2010 at 5:30 PM Rating: Good
***
3,772 posts
I have some potentially useful information about despoil. While the items you get from using it appear to be items the mob can normally drop, they are separate from the traditional drop pool. Check out the screenshot below

This is interesting

In that screenshot I took the Razorjaw Pugil down to 10% health and hit it with a sleep bolt and ran behind it and used Despoil. I stole a handful of Pugil Scales from it, then a few seconds later killed it and got another handful of pugil scales. This particular mob will never drop two handfuls of pugil scales when you kill it, so while the despoil pool appears identical to the drop pool it is indeed a separate item. This ability could actually have potential and I think I'm beginning to like the possibilities. Of course I never merited aura steal and I rarely use steal because the steal pool generally sucks across the board. This also has implications for salvage with mob cells. I have no idea if it can duplicate NM drops, but I plan on tinkering with it on non rare/ex drop nms just to play with.

Edited, Jul 4th 2010 7:43pm by Melphina
____________________________
[ffxisig]56619[/ffxisig]

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
#48 Jul 04 2010 at 8:47 PM Rating: Excellent
**
492 posts
Mistress Melphina wrote:
I have some potentially useful information about despoil. While the items you get from using it appear to be items the mob can normally drop, they are separate from the traditional drop pool. Check out the screenshot below

This is interesting

In that screenshot I took the Razorjaw Pugil down to 10% health and hit it with a sleep bolt and ran behind it and used Despoil. I stole a handful of Pugil Scales from it, then a few seconds later killed it and got another handful of pugil scales. This particular mob will never drop two handfuls of pugil scales when you kill it, so while the despoil pool appears identical to the drop pool it is indeed a separate item. This ability could actually have potential and I think I'm beginning to like the possibilities. Of course I never merited aura steal and I rarely use steal because the steal pool generally sucks across the board. This also has implications for salvage with mob cells. I have no idea if it can duplicate NM drops, but I plan on tinkering with it on non rare/ex drop nms just to play with.

Edited, Jul 4th 2010 7:43pm by Melphina


I know it's a pipe dream and will never happen but....

Player uses Despoil
Player steals a Montiont Silverpiece from the Warchief Tombstone.

Ah... If only...
____________________________
THF on HNM attack in Binary. 10010110101
#49 Jul 04 2010 at 9:09 PM Rating: Good
***
3,772 posts
I think I may try to chronicle what I get from despoiling various mobs. I just got out of an abyssea farming run which I caught the tail end of for 45 minutes. We were farming lizards in abyssea-konstant and I actually managed to grab a Lizard Egg with despoil. It's not an important item of course, but it seems that every (normal) mob has something that can be despoiled.

Quote:

I know it's a pipe dream and will never happen but....

Player uses Despoil
Player steals a Montiont Silverpiece from the Warchief Tombstone.

Ah... If only...


Everything in dynamis checks as impossible to gauge so I doubt it can be done but if Despoil CAN steal from NMs it would be very appealing. I really doubt its possible to steal from nms but I'm gonna keep playing with it just because I can. I actually have a reason to spam steal again (even if it probably is just a pipe dream of finding something valuable when it'll likely never happen). Curiosity and the mithra and all.... meh.

Edited, Jul 4th 2010 11:10pm by Melphina
____________________________
[ffxisig]56619[/ffxisig]

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
#50 Jul 05 2010 at 12:00 AM Rating: Good
**
492 posts
Mistress Melphina wrote:
I think I may try to chronicle what I get from despoiling various mobs. I just got out of an abyssea farming run which I caught the tail end of for 45 minutes. We were farming lizards in abyssea-konstant and I actually managed to grab a Lizard Egg with despoil. It's not an important item of course, but it seems that every (normal) mob has something that can be despoiled.

Quote:

I know it's a pipe dream and will never happen but....

Player uses Despoil
Player steals a Montiont Silverpiece from the Warchief Tombstone.

Ah... If only...


Everything in dynamis checks as impossible to gauge so I doubt it can be done but if Despoil CAN steal from NMs it would be very appealing. I really doubt its possible to steal from nms but I'm gonna keep playing with it just because I can. I actually have a reason to spam steal again (even if it probably is just a pipe dream of finding something valuable when it'll likely never happen). Curiosity and the mithra and all.... meh.

Edited, Jul 4th 2010 11:10pm by Melphina


Oh, I know it's highly unlikely (Read: Never gonna happen) that we'd Despoil something THAT good, but as I said.. Pipe dream. :\

If you do start running a chronicle of despoil items, post them up somewhere so I can oogle abit. Also, I'd readily send you any submissions you may not have seen yet to add to the cause, I'd like a comprehensive despoil "guide" if you will.
____________________________
THF on HNM attack in Binary. 10010110101
#51 Jul 05 2010 at 1:39 AM Rating: Decent
Thief's Knife
*****
15,049 posts
Quote:
Everything in dynamis checks as impossible to gauge so I doubt it can be done


I'm not sure I understand why that would affect anything.

Edited, Jul 5th 2010 4:41am by Lobivopis
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 20 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (20)