Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

TwashtarFollow

#27 Jul 03 2010 at 12:41 AM Rating: Decent
*
104 posts
I thought this update was suppose to bring in Moggle Magian for gears not higher tier of weapons. According to their plan?!
But well, SE always failed.... So I'm not surprised that they will fail again in the future.
They could have let SCH weather effect works for Magians... It's not like Magians can be finished real easy or quick even with SCH weather effects. For instance, pet last blow or ws last blow or elements damage last blow... They are all over hundred kills :/
#28 Jul 03 2010 at 5:29 PM Rating: Decent
Thief's Knife
*****
15,054 posts
chichicha wrote:
I thought this update was suppose to bring in Moggle Magian for gears not higher tier of weapons. According to their plan?!
But well, SE always failed.... So I'm not surprised that they will fail again in the future.
They could have let SCH weather effect works for Magians... It's not like Magians can be finished real easy or quick even with SCH weather effects. For instance, pet last blow or ws last blow or elements damage last blow... They are all over hundred kills :/


I could finish 200 flans in a few hours with a duo partner and helix. 250 manticores would be even faster.


200 apkallu though is a different story. I have no idea what SE was thinking with that one.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#29 Jul 04 2010 at 9:03 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
6,580 posts
Lobivopis wrote:
200 apkallu though is a different story. I have no idea what SE was thinking with that one.
Can't kill all at once > Need to slow down > Takes longer to do trial > Generic SE timesink.
____________________________
[HTID]
DRG BRD TH4 RNG RDM75
Dragoon Equipment Guide
ArsDraconis wrote:
Ultima spends 10 whole seconds shouting "I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER" like a 2004 valkurm melee waiting for SC
#30 Jul 04 2010 at 8:35 PM Rating: Good
Thief's Knife
*****
15,054 posts
Noodles wrote:
Lobivopis wrote:
200 apkallu though is a different story. I have no idea what SE was thinking with that one.
Can't kill all at once > Need to slow down > Takes longer to do trial > Generic SE timesink.


Apkallu become essentially unsoloable after about 8-10 kills, and basically unkillable after about 20 kills.

EDIT: And it takes about a week for hate to reset from maximum to normal for the area.

Edited, Jul 5th 2010 4:38am by Lobivopis
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#31 Jul 04 2010 at 8:49 PM Rating: Good
**
492 posts
Mistress Melphina wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, two more add-ons to go. Woo.


I actually wonder what the next add ons will bring. Didn't S-E say that abyssea would be something where we could pick and choose an expansion and go for what gear suited us best? Something to the extent that each add on was a separate entity similar to the mini expansions? I thought I remembered hearing that before visions came out (maybe I'm thinking incorrectly). While not impossible to do; the current set of 3 zones would take a long time if people need farming in each area, and the old "I help you if you help me" means you'll end up farming all 3 current zones for your stuff. If they added two more expansions with 3 zones each then that's... a whole lot of content to explore O.O. It's looking like it's going to be a very eventful period coming up between now and this time next year

Edited, Jul 3rd 2010 12:00am by Melphina


You are correct, SE did say that or we're having the same hallucination, although I can't recall where they did.. I want to say Vanafest.

Also, to add onto the Abyssea discussion. I am extremely happy with the content thus far, though the time limit is irking, yet is the only real downside I've encountered thus far.
____________________________
THF on HNM attack in Binary. 10010110101
#32 Jul 05 2010 at 11:24 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
****
6,580 posts
Lobivopis wrote:
Noodles wrote:
Lobivopis wrote:
200 apkallu though is a different story. I have no idea what SE was thinking with that one.
Can't kill all at once > Need to slow down > Takes longer to do trial > Generic SE timesink.


Apkallu become essentially unsoloable after about 8-10 kills, and basically unkillable after about 20 kills.

EDIT: And it takes about a week for hate to reset from maximum to normal for the area.

Edited, Jul 5th 2010 4:38am by Lobivopis

So yeah, generic SE timesink.
____________________________
[HTID]
DRG BRD TH4 RNG RDM75
Dragoon Equipment Guide
ArsDraconis wrote:
Ultima spends 10 whole seconds shouting "I'MA FIRIN MAH LAZER" like a 2004 valkurm melee waiting for SC
#33 Jul 05 2010 at 4:09 PM Rating: Good
Thief's Knife
*****
15,054 posts
Noodles wrote:
Lobivopis wrote:
Noodles wrote:
Lobivopis wrote:
200 apkallu though is a different story. I have no idea what SE was thinking with that one.
Can't kill all at once > Need to slow down > Takes longer to do trial > Generic SE timesink.


Apkallu become essentially unsoloable after about 8-10 kills, and basically unkillable after about 20 kills.

EDIT: And it takes about a week for hate to reset from maximum to normal for the area.

Edited, Jul 5th 2010 4:38am by Lobivopis

So yeah, generic SE timesink.


Here's the thing though, Apkallu hate is by area not by individual person. So all it will take is one person killing 20 or so Apkallu in a zone and nobody else will be able to do Apkallu trials in that zone for another week.

Timesinks are one thing, but this is just retarded even for SE.


Then again, maybe the people who designed the trials don't know about Apkallu hate (and yes I can totally believe that this might be the case). The person designing the trials might have just saw a mob with a list of nasty abilities and used it for a few trials without knowing anything about their group hate system.

Edited, Jul 5th 2010 7:11pm by Lobivopis
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#34 Jul 05 2010 at 6:08 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,713 posts
Lobivopis wrote:


Then again, maybe the people who designed the trials don't know about Apkallu hate (and yes I can totally believe that this might be the case). The person designing the trials might have just saw a mob with a list of nasty abilities and used it for a few trials without knowing anything about their group hate system.


Dear lord ^this makes so much sense.

____________________________
-LordTrey
99 THF, COR, DRK, BLM, WHM, DNC
Twashtar (90)
Leviathan
#35 Jul 05 2010 at 10:40 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,983 posts
I wonder if you can spawn Apkallu in MMM with the right rune combination. Doubtful, but would be helpful.
____________________________
Shamaya, Asura
#36 Jul 06 2010 at 7:21 AM Rating: Good
***
3,777 posts
Quote:
I wonder if you can spawn Apkallu in MMM with the right rune combination. Doubtful, but would be helpful.


You know I bet that would work! Aside from day/weather requirements the only other stipulation for the trials is fighting members of the appropriate family that yield experience when killed. You could probably do this with assault as well. Any event where the mob family exists and gives exp should work!! I never thought of that Shamaya but it's a good idea. I think I'll try that out with assault just to see.

Edited, Jul 6th 2010 9:22am by Melphina
____________________________
[ffxisig]56619[/ffxisig]

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
#37 Jul 06 2010 at 9:38 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
485 posts
This is what I did when I had to kill 100 monsters on light day/weather. Do some Nyzul Isle and you will always have light weather.

I am pretty sure all Apkallu in assault are NPC types. You can't fight and kill them.
And I have never seen Apkallu in MMM or Nyzul Isle before. I did see colibri in MMM so it might be possible.

But Lobi what dagger are you making that you need Apkallu for? Because Apkallu belong to the bird family. So birds like: Bat Trios, Birds, Cockatrice, Colibri, Giant Bats, Hippogryphs and Rocs might count also.
#38 Jul 06 2010 at 5:44 PM Rating: Decent
Thief's Knife
*****
15,054 posts
Breaze wrote:
This is what I did when I had to kill 100 monsters on light day/weather. Do some Nyzul Isle and you will always have light weather.

I am pretty sure all Apkallu in assault are NPC types. You can't fight and kill them.
And I have never seen Apkallu in MMM or Nyzul Isle before. I did see colibri in MMM so it might be possible.

But Lobi what dagger are you making that you need Apkallu for? Because Apkallu belong to the bird family. So birds like: Bat Trios, Birds, Cockatrice, Colibri, Giant Bats, Hippogryphs and Rocs might count also.


I need it for GS not dagger.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#39 Jul 06 2010 at 5:48 PM Rating: Decent
Thief's Knife
*****
15,054 posts
double post

Edited, Jul 7th 2010 10:25pm by Lobivopis
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#40 Jul 17 2010 at 6:23 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,983 posts
oh gawd what is this I don't even
Kuno wrote:
If it's casting, magic heals it. If it's readying ws (and a bit after), melee (and ranged) heals it. It gets healed for a lot (and don't bring a PUP).

After enough magic/ranged/melee, it becomes immune (0 damage) to it and needs other types of dmg to undo it. This is still theory'd but it does randomly take 0 from everything and other types of damage seems to undo it.

During 2hr (BWeap), it will randomly gain full immunity to something (Thunder 4 has no effect etc).

It is also a terrible NM.


Also: It's stunnable. Don't know if it gains resistance. It casts slowga, stonga IV, quake 2.


Edited, Jul 17th 2010 12:24pm by Shamaya
____________________________
Shamaya, Asura
#41 Jul 17 2010 at 6:51 AM Rating: Good
*
104 posts
Yea, just saw that too...
F**k y** Square Enix...
Have you look at the process to get it pop?!
You need to kill 4 ... Yea, 4 different path of T2 NMs and hope for the luck to have key item drop to you and get all 4 key item to pop this... Sigh... I'm at the edge to give up being thief, shamaya ; ;
and you need to go thru at least 25 times repeatedly?! If you are lucky to have 2 shells dropped at once. If...

By the way, people who are going thru this, you might want to try to get Parazonium with DA+7. Adze is one of the NM you need to kill to get pop item...

Good luck to whoever going to get this dagger!!
I'm not sure I am on this now, anymore...
#42 Jul 17 2010 at 9:06 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
485 posts
Suddenly those thousands and thousands of kill shots you have to do for relic/mythic don't look so bad any more.
#43 Jul 17 2010 at 10:22 AM Rating: Good
***
3,777 posts
So they made the Glaviod Shells drop off the Abyssea-Tahrongi zone mega boss rather than one of the various tier 3 NM's. That's really terrible >.<. It seems the 1 handed sword uses the Helm of Briarus from the Abyssea-La Thiene mega boss, and Abyssea-Konstant's Petsie boss drops the Kukulkan's Fang, although wiki doesn't say which trial that one is and I'm unfamiliar with that item. The only way I think I'd ever get this now is if the worm also drops some other really desirable item like the Bullwhip Belt which would be in such high demand people would spam the thing as much as possible for it. Otherwise getting 50 of these is a really monstrous task. Also this

Quote:
Suddenly those thousands and thousands of kill shots you have to do for relic/mythic don't look so bad any more.


So very true Smiley: frown

Edited, Jul 17th 2010 12:25pm by Melphina
____________________________
[ffxisig]56619[/ffxisig]

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
#44 Jul 17 2010 at 4:30 PM Rating: Decent
Thief's Knife
*****
15,054 posts
double post

Edited, Jul 17th 2010 7:36pm by Lobivopis
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#45 Jul 17 2010 at 4:36 PM Rating: Decent
Thief's Knife
*****
15,054 posts
Mistress Melphina wrote:
The only way I think I'd ever get this now is if the worm also drops some other really desirable item like the Bullwhip Belt which would be in such high demand people would spam the thing as much as possible for it. Otherwise getting 50 of these is a really monstrous task. Also this


Funny you should say that because you need to kill it to access Lacovie, which drops this.




Edited, Jul 17th 2010 7:40pm by Lobivopis
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#46 Jul 17 2010 at 6:11 PM Rating: Good
***
3,777 posts
Ahh, so the information that the Goading belt was on Karkinos was false. That's interesting. Lacovie also drops the the Hero's Galea and the Saika Hachimaki which are pretty good items in their own right as well. Still, the Glaviod information is really harsh so even if people do spam it it's not something that can be done fast. Twashter is quite a task no matter how you look at it. I'll be starting the Golem phase of my Thunder Dakini tomorrow *ish* and I've begun my second Dakini which I'm taking down the flame path. I'll be perfectly happy with those for the time being. Twashter is just out of my reach. The trials leading up to the 50 glaviod shells are time consuming already, and no matter how you slice it unless you can collect all 50 Glaviod shells the Dakinis are stronger than the kartika.

Kartika -- Damage 39, delay 201
Dakini -- Damage 38, delay 190, plus either 6 str/16 attack or 6 dex/12 accuracy

A finished Thunder or Flame Dakini with both blow the Kartika out of the freakin water. It's a comparison of 1 base damage versus 11 delay plus the bonus stats, and that's a margin of approximately 10-20% damage difference (wide estimate but it's in that vicinity). Unless you can collect the 50 glaviod shells you'll hit a permanent roadblock meaning Twashter is all or nothing (very much like Mandau since Batardeau is also destroyed by the Dakini's). Unless you can go all the way you're better off not attempting Twashter at all. I'm choosing the latter myself since my playtime/shell support are too limited and I don't know what's going to happen next update when the magian's weapons grow another tier and the flame/thunder branches are expanded upon once more. Twashter is definitely the new vein of relic s-e is creating, and they DID say it would be much harder than any previous weapon. There is a chance that the flame/thunder Kila paths may surpass the Twashter in another update or two, meaning you'd have to continue growing your Ultima Weapon with the new tasks to keep it current. That last bit is speculation of course, but logical speculation. Take that as you will.

Edited, Jul 17th 2010 8:38pm by Melphina
____________________________
[ffxisig]56619[/ffxisig]

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
#47 Jul 17 2010 at 11:46 PM Rating: Decent
*
104 posts
hmm...
More good news! >.>;

Just saw this as well... for the best Parazonium dmg path.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Cuelebre

SE doesn't seem to have enough hard time to make Thief upset. I guess...

And yea, all the sudden, I should go back to Mandau and focus on that better...

#48 Jul 18 2010 at 12:25 AM Rating: Good
***
3,777 posts
Interestingly enough Cuelebre also has the Auric Dagger in addition to the OAT dagger Magian items. Aside from the fact that it's going to be a pain in the *** to fight as anything but a mage (impossible really) there's something I don't understand about this mob.

Quote:
* Spawn amongst Nauls at (E-9).
* Always flies.
* Does not melee.
* Can use Bai Wing.
o Will spam Ochre Blast after using Mighty Strikes.
* Can cast Slowga, Stoneskin, and Breakga.
o Stoneskin can not be dispelled.
* Does not use Draw In.
* Has increased movement speed.


If it always flies and does not melee.... then what in the world is the point of giving him Mighty Strikes???

Edited, Jul 18th 2010 2:29am by Melphina
____________________________
[ffxisig]56619[/ffxisig]

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
#49 Jul 18 2010 at 1:09 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,270 posts
Quote:
Kartika -- Damage 39, delay 201
Dakini -- Damage 38, delay 190, plus either 6 str/16 attack or 6 dex/12 accuracy


I havent heard nearly enough talk about Fusetto. Its the fastest dagger to obtain, D37, Del 186, STP+8. It certainly competes with the dakinis (slightly worse), but considering its good delay, damage, stp and relative walk in the park to obtain I feel it deserves a more notable position. Should it be upgraded further I imagine it will be a great contender all around.

It is the best stop-gap fix for upgrading daggers. I was loving my blau/sirocco. I began an OAT Athame back on day 1 of the feb-ish update. Still not done. Began twashtar day of release......D39 kartika and hit the glavoid wall. So i started a Fusetto just to get something underway instead of yet another monster time synch into the dakini line. Dakinis will just jump up even more in the future in time investment. Im hoping the fusetto path will split up into 3 paths 1 for each job and get to their respective exclusive WS or even a higher damage/more STP combo.

Anyway, as with all the updates, all we can do is look at what is the best now but accept that it all might turn on its head on the next one. Dont get to vested in the now. (1 more reason i love fusetto. If its obselete I havent wasted much effort)
____________________________
Aanalaty, Mithra of San d'Oria
99Thf/99Drg/99Rng/95Pld/Secret Job 92
Bonecraft-100+3 7/29/08
Lu Shangs-5/28/08
Twashtar-90
Ryunohige-75: 1/7/2012
Mandau-75: 3/9/2012

Maat-1/1 Thf Meleed (pansies steal)
Some of mah gearz: http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Lakshmi/Aanalaty#item-sets
Join 'People Against The Heart Snatcher' and help put Thfs on the right P.A.T.H.S. today!
#50 Jul 18 2010 at 1:44 AM Rating: Decent
Thief's Knife
*****
15,054 posts
Mistress Melphina wrote:
Interestingly enough Cuelebre also has the Auric Dagger in addition to the OAT dagger Magian items. Aside from the fact that it's going to be a pain in the *** to fight as anything but a mage (impossible really) there's something I don't understand about this mob.

Quote:
* Spawn amongst Nauls at (E-9).
* Always flies.
* Does not melee.
* Can use Bai Wing.
o Will spam Ochre Blast after using Mighty Strikes.
* Can cast Slowga, Stoneskin, and Breakga.
o Stoneskin can not be dispelled.
* Does not use Draw In.
* Has increased movement speed.


If it always flies and does not melee.... then what in the world is the point of giving him Mighty Strikes???

Edited, Jul 18th 2010 2:29am by Melphina


chichicha wrote:
hmm...
More good news! >.>;

Just saw this as well... for the best Parazonium dmg path.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Cuelebre

SE doesn't seem to have enough hard time to make Thief upset. I guess...

And yea, all the sudden, I should go back to Mandau and focus on that better...



Historically SE has always made good THF gear a gigantic pain in the ***. I've begun to seriously believe that SE doesn't like THF. Or at least someone on the development team doesn't.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI 12-14-11 Update wrote:
Adjust the resolution of menus.
The main screen resolution for "FINAL FANTASY XI" is dependent on the "Overlay Graphics Resolution" setting.
If the Overlay Graphics Resolution is set higher than the Menu Resolution, menus will be automatically resized.


I thought of it first:

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=10&mid=130073657654872218#20
#51 Jul 18 2010 at 2:55 AM Rating: Decent
*
104 posts
Or the production director is a Thief hater!
So tempted to hire someone to assasin him :p

Anyway, I did look at Fusetto. In my opinion, the Evis +10% is more bearing for DNC.
Consider that now they can DNC/SAM and self-sc plus Sc bonus JT.
I am DNC80, and seriously think to get one but not the store to version.
It should be great for solo anything. It is enhancing dmg to deal with, since DNC can tank many NMs and always a problem of lacking dmg dealt and coz long time fighting.

p.s. I'm not a big fans of Store tp, when I'm not main SAM. :p



Edited, Jul 18th 2010 4:57am by chichicha
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)