Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

New Stuff for WHM in September 2010 UpdateFollow

#1 Aug 25 2010 at 5:19 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,689 posts
Well, some details are out including

Only going to 85 so we will all be WHM85/SCH or RDM42

JA: White Mage: An ability offering increased resistance against status ailments.

JT: - White Mage: Shield Def. Bonus

Interestingly there are new spells (may impact on us) mentioned which increase the attributes of party members (possibly SCH as they have a meritable JA that does this and the update was pictured with a SCH) and magic spells to manage enmity levels.


Incidentally, /SCH at 42 gives us Sandstorm for cheap movement speed (Dune Boots + Sandstorm). Oh and Refresh from /RDM of course.

Edited, Aug 25th 2010 7:21am by eldelphia
____________________________
Blogging again! http://eldelphia.wordpress.com
#2 Aug 25 2010 at 6:10 AM Rating: Good
**
279 posts
Quote:
JA: White Mage: An ability offering increased resistance against status ailments.

My main reaction was "...wut?"
____________________________
Proud Citizen of Windurst ^^; 7/21/10 - Lu shang! "With Heartfelt Disapproval" @#$% you two npcs. D:
80whmrdm
I riek to sorro but iPhail at it.
#3 Aug 25 2010 at 6:54 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,689 posts
My D level shield skill isn't impressed >.> But hey, least we're seeing something interesting.
____________________________
Blogging again! http://eldelphia.wordpress.com
#4 Aug 25 2010 at 10:16 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,229 posts
I'm excited about the new JA, I hope it's a stance that you can keep up full-time!
____________________________
Pergatory (Asura, Kupo LS) WHM99 ~ SMN99 ~ DRK99
"If you want to know me, look inside your heart." -Lao Tzu
#5 Aug 25 2010 at 10:58 AM Rating: Decent
5 posts
So with the Sheild Def up bonus, will this mean there will be an increase in Whm DD PTs at Kings R. Tomb? lol
#6 Aug 25 2010 at 3:20 PM Rating: Good
**
279 posts
Quote:
So with the Sheild Def up bonus, will this mean there will be an increase in Whm DD PTs at Kings R. Tomb? lol

Doubt it. They'd be /nin (or /dnc and maybe /thf soon?) and DWing clubs
____________________________
Proud Citizen of Windurst ^^; 7/21/10 - Lu shang! "With Heartfelt Disapproval" @#$% you two npcs. D:
80whmrdm
I riek to sorro but iPhail at it.
#7 Aug 25 2010 at 4:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
947 posts
Quote:
Incidentally, /SCH at 42 gives us Sandstorm for cheap movement speed (Dune Boots + Sandstorm). Oh and Refresh from /RDM of course.


While I do love my desert boots when I'm on my scholar and they will be fun for my whm... I'm actually more interested in sandstorm for my White mage for erasing that pesky double dark weather in dynamis and apollyon. /sch will never get light weather, but to me simply killing "cure potency -25%" is win. So that's one other thing I'm looking forward to...
#8 Aug 26 2010 at 2:47 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,689 posts
Quote:
While I do love my desert boots when I'm on my scholar and they will be fun for my whm... I'm actually more interested in sandstorm for my White mage for erasing that pesky double dark weather in dynamis and apollyon. /sch will never get light weather, but to me simply killing "cure potency -25%" is win. So that's one other thing I'm looking forward to...


Wow, you're completely right :) I hadn't even thought of that! Not that we're doing much Limbus now but for dynamis...
____________________________
Blogging again! http://eldelphia.wordpress.com
#9 Aug 27 2010 at 3:27 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,689 posts
Ok, more details up today (you can see the full message here)

Job Trait
WHM Lv.85 Shield Def. Bonus

Job Ability
Divine Caress (WHM Lv.83 Ability Delay: 1 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
If the next spell you cast cures a status ailment, your target will gain enhanced resistance to that ailment.


Spells

Boost-VIT: WHM Lv.81
Cura II: WHM Lv.83
Boost-MND: WHM Lv.84

The full spell list includes the following. Note: SCH gets Regen III now.

Quote:
- White Magic
Enlight: PLD Lv.85
Addle: RDM Lv.83
Refresh II: RDM Lv.82
Cura II: WHM Lv.83
Gain-VIT: RDM Lv.81
Gain-MND: RDM Lv.84
Boost-VIT: WHM Lv.81
Boost-MND: WHM Lv.84
Animus Augeo: SCH Lv.85
Animus Minuo: SCH Lv.85

- Black Magic
Endark: DRK Lv.85
Aero V: BLM Lv.83
Break: BLM Lv.85
Stoneja: BLM Lv.81
Waterja: BLM Lv.84

- Songs
Mage’s Ballad III: BRD Lv.85
Earth Carol II: BRD Lv.81
Water Carol II: BRD Lv.84
Sentinel’s Scherzo: BRD Lv.82
Foe Lullaby II: BRD Lv.83

- Ninjutsu
Myoshu: Ichi: NIN Lv.85
*Uses the ninja tool, “kabenro.”
Yurin: Ichi: NIN Lv.83
*Uses the ninja tool, “jinko.”

More jobs will be able to learn the following spells:

- White Magic
Regen III: SCH Lv.83 (Addendum: Black) -- direct quote from SE, guessing a mistake ;)

- Black Magic
Aero III: DRK Lv.84
Aero IV: RDM Lv.83
Water V: SCH Lv.83 (Addendum: Black)
Aspir II: BLM Lv.83

Several new blue magic spells will be added.




Edited, Aug 27th 2010 5:29am by eldelphia

Edited, Aug 31st 2010 7:48am by eldelphia
____________________________
Blogging again! http://eldelphia.wordpress.com
#10 Aug 27 2010 at 4:13 AM Rating: Good
**
444 posts
I'm excited about this!
Cura really needed some boost, while Divine Caress might become useful against ******* Imps or Paralyze spamming mobs.
Also Regen III for SCH means we'll probabily get IV somewhere in the future!
#11 Aug 27 2010 at 6:46 AM Rating: Decent
**
279 posts
I need to stop expecting so much T_T
____________________________
Proud Citizen of Windurst ^^; 7/21/10 - Lu shang! "With Heartfelt Disapproval" @#$% you two npcs. D:
80whmrdm
I riek to sorro but iPhail at it.
#12 Aug 27 2010 at 10:13 AM Rating: Good
*
178 posts
Eeri wrote:
I'm excited about this!
Cura really needed some boost, while Divine Caress might become useful against ******* Imps or Paralyze spamming mobs.
Also Regen III for SCH means we'll probabily get IV somewhere in the future!


Strangely, SCH actually gets Regen and Regen II at earlier levels than WHM. Honestly, I don't know what can be said about them finally giving SCH Regen III other than "It's about **** time!"
#13 Aug 27 2010 at 3:19 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
629 posts
Quote:
I need to stop expecting so much T_T

Really other than hastega or haste II, this update gives everything I could have hoped for. I've been wanting Cura II for a very, very long time. Rdms get 'Gain' spells the same level we get the 'Boost' spells which leads me to believe ours are aoe. Finally, the wording on Divine Caress sounds like it will work with Esuna/Sacrifice. Which is pretty **** hot if it's true.
____________________________
~Cerberus, F Hume, San d'Orian
DRG 90, COR 90, NIN 90, BLU 90, WHM 90, BLM 90
~LS: Jenova's Witnesses, Idahoans
#14 Aug 27 2010 at 4:48 PM Rating: Decent
**
279 posts
And, i dont think sch needs addendum BLACK for Regen III. =P lol
____________________________
Proud Citizen of Windurst ^^; 7/21/10 - Lu shang! "With Heartfelt Disapproval" @#$% you two npcs. D:
80whmrdm
I riek to sorro but iPhail at it.
#15 Aug 29 2010 at 4:11 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,689 posts
Quote:
And, i dont think sch needs addendum BLACK for Regen III. =P lol


Tell SE that, it's a direct quote...
____________________________
Blogging again! http://eldelphia.wordpress.com
#16 Aug 29 2010 at 3:20 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
3,638 posts
AniRedMage wrote:
Quote:
I need to stop expecting so much T_T

I've been wanting Cura II for a very, very long time.


Wtf, how long could you have really been waiting for it? The spell isn't that old. Now, I've been waiting for Teleport - Lufaise and Teleport - Wajoam for a very, very long time :p

Also, is it just me, or is Divine Caress sort of a creepy name?
____________________________
http://ereblog.livejournal.com/
Erecia and Ereblog are BACK, baby!
#17 Aug 29 2010 at 7:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
957 posts
Let me caress you with Stona, hmmmmmmm :3



Also, I'm still waiting on my BarLightra and Bardarkra.

SCH Storms and helixes cover all 8 elements. And just now Enspells will, too, cover all elements. It's about time we get our missing 2 elements.



Edited, Aug 29th 2010 8:30pm by Drakonite
____________________________
It is better wither to be silent, or to say things of more value than silence. Sooner throw a pearl at hazard than an idle or useless word; and do not say a little in many words, but a great deal in a few.
- Pythagoras
#18 Aug 30 2010 at 7:19 AM Rating: Good
**
279 posts
DAGAN! (i think was our new club WS)
Looks like some sort of healing move to me <.<;
____________________________
Proud Citizen of Windurst ^^; 7/21/10 - Lu shang! "With Heartfelt Disapproval" @#$% you two npcs. D:
80whmrdm
I riek to sorro but iPhail at it.
#19 Aug 31 2010 at 5:10 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,689 posts
New third tier artifact been found... courtesy of Spira and from his blog Wild Dragon Chase

Screenshot


Screenshot


Screenshot


Spira says no bodies or hands yet. So perhaps those are Dec? We'll find out after the update.


Edited, Aug 31st 2010 7:43am by eldelphia
____________________________
Blogging again! http://eldelphia.wordpress.com
#20 Aug 31 2010 at 9:12 AM Rating: Excellent
**
466 posts
I think the legs look cool; I'm curious to see how the body turns out. I hope it gives refresh as well!

I need something better looking to idle in. Cleric's Briault does not go well with Tatsumaki Sitagoromo (neither does noble's tunic; almost tempted to just buy an ixion cloak to idle in)
____________________________

#21 Aug 31 2010 at 9:34 AM Rating: Good
**
444 posts
I love the details on the legs and the new hat looks gorgeous.
Can't wait to see the rest!
#22 Sep 06 2010 at 4:12 AM Rating: Good
1 post
Cura II partially scares me in that I'm thinking about the damage we'd have to take to cure even higher (400+?). Granted we'd be able to heal it all back, just seems like it would be risky, that and enmity would have to be an issue at some point; it has potential to be much larger than our current curaga II-esque cura >.>!

Edited, Sep 6th 2010 6:12am by Wolfshadoww
#23 Sep 08 2010 at 3:01 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,689 posts
Orison Set

Screenshot


Screenshot


Screenshot


Screenshot


Screenshot

Screenshot

Screenshot
____________________________
Blogging again! http://eldelphia.wordpress.com
#24 Sep 08 2010 at 3:08 PM Rating: Good
17 posts
The whm AF3 looks amazing!!


If the enhances Divine veil effects works like the one in yagrush + divine benison X_X goodbye casting na's all the time

And the converts 2/5 % cure HP to MP could be overpowered too! Noawadays is really easy to get to 50% cure potency cap and if this convert works with ga's you could literally gain mp while casting curaga IV XD
#25 Sep 08 2010 at 5:46 PM Rating: Excellent
****
4,229 posts
Wow the conversion of cured HP to MP... simply awesome!

Also, cure potency... yeah... gonna be really easy to hit the cap soon. Expect Roundel price to plummet. Picking your Cure set is not going to be so easy in the future... I think the no-brainer pieces will be Surya's Staff, Aristocrat's Coat, Orison Cap, and Orison Cape. That gives you Cure Potency +45% if you have the +2 cap. There are several single pieces that'll bridge that last 5%, or you can combine pieces like Augur's Gloves and Fylgja Torque.

degejk wrote:
If the enhances Divine veil effects works like the one in yagrush

It won't, the "enhances Divine Veil" is the only thing Yagrush has, it's completely worthless as a melee weapon and in all other aspects. They wouldn't destroy a mythic like that. It does, however, make me wonder what it could mean. Could make it so that instead of hitting the whole party, it hits the whole alliance? Or perhaps it extends the range from 10' to 20'? Either way would be pretty sweet!
____________________________
Pergatory (Asura, Kupo LS) WHM99 ~ SMN99 ~ DRK99
"If you want to know me, look inside your heart." -Lao Tzu
#26 Sep 08 2010 at 5:53 PM Rating: Decent
Pergatory wrote:
Wow the conversion of cured HP to MP... simply awesome!

Also, cure potency... yeah... gonna be really easy to hit the cap soon. Expect Roundel price to plummet. Picking your Cure set is not going to be so easy in the future... I think the no-brainer pieces will be Surya's Staff, Aristocrat's Coat, Orison Cap, and Orison Cape. That gives you Cure Potency +45% if you have the +2 cap. There are several single pieces that'll bridge that last 5%, or you can combine pieces like Augur's Gloves and Fylgja Torque.

degejk wrote:
If the enhances Divine veil effects works like the one in yagrush

It won't, the "enhances Divine Veil" is the only thing Yagrush has, it's completely worthless as a melee weapon and in all other aspects. They wouldn't destroy a mythic like that. It does, however, make me wonder what it could mean. Could make it so that instead of hitting the whole party, it hits the whole alliance? Or perhaps it extends the range from 10' to 20'? Either way would be pretty sweet!


I am guessing that it be like. It occasionally makes a -na spell aoe.
____________________________
If cookies were milk and milk was cookies. Would Oreo's still be america's favorite brand of milk?
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (1)