Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

So...Follow

#1 Mar 25 2012 at 11:20 PM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
Avatar
*****
13,048 posts
Having done a number of BGs now, I feel pretty confident when I say that the skill level has degraded sharply in the past year while I've been gone.

I don't know what did it, but it's readily apparent to me. You can check out my gear; I don't have any epics at all, really. I have a middling resil and a bunch of blues.

Yet I routinely get 7-8 (if not more) killing blows to every once I get killed. It's baffling me. I was going into BGs after taking a year off getting ready for what I experienced in WotLK when I came back after a couple PvP seasons: getting raped repeatedly and mercilessly.

The only tough time I've had was against a rogue that had full PvP epics and was obviously about as skilled as I was.

So what gives? Did PvP just get so dumbed down that any retard that was decent back in S2-S6 can be a PvP god if they stick with it and get geared?

EDIT: If this is the case, Noc you're getting on your shaman and we'll faceroll to 2500+.

Edited, Mar 25th 2012 10:21pm by Theophany
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#2 Mar 26 2012 at 5:12 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
4 posts
I think the main reason for this is the growing number of lvl 85 players. The characters who reached 85 during the last year are either alts, new players or very casual players. Any of them is less skillful compared to the players who first reached 85. Besides, having more and more 85-lvl characters makes it more likely for you to encounter "new" 85-lvl characters in the field. And kill them.
____________________________
Get World of Luck - the free iPhone app for fortune cookies and dares related to WoW at http://wowluck.com/get
#3 Mar 26 2012 at 6:36 AM Rating: Excellent
lol I have absolutely NO PvP gear, but if you want to help me help you faceroll, I'll be more than happy to =)

This sort of makes me think because I haven't PvP'd in a while, if I happen to put up an Earth Shield on you, does it show when you're stealthed? I'm assuming no because it'd be sort of stupid to have it just randomly floating in air when you're supposed to be invisible lol.

Also, I'll try to hop on today after work and jump into some BGs to get some points for gear. Shouldn't be too hard, I'd imagine.

Have you tried out Tol'Barad and see if maybe all of those "decent" BG players are just doing that instead? Just a suggestion.

Edited, Mar 26th 2012 8:40am by xNocturnalSunx
____________________________
Alliance
90 Rogue - Aresella
90 Shaman - Aislynn
90 Warrior - Alazara
88 Mage - Gízmo
85 Druid - Araxi
85 Hunter - Xeliara
85 Priest - Alaxandra
85 Paladin - Kallísto
30 Monk - Faewyn
#4 Mar 26 2012 at 8:54 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
Avatar
*****
11,446 posts
Theophany wrote:
So what gives? Did PvP just get so dumbed down that any retard that was decent back in S2-S6 can be a PvP god if they stick with it and get geared?


Or why even bother when 4k res, an earthbind totem, and a pillar is all you need to obtain immortality? Smiley: nod

A little speculation:

-Rated battlegrounds suck away more skilled players
-Alt-friend expansion is alt-friendly
-A lot of the better PvE players took a break once they downed Deathwing
-Apparently there's a bit of a problem with bots these days
-PvE gear isn't as glorious as it was at the end of wrath.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#5 Mar 26 2012 at 11:50 PM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
Avatar
*****
13,048 posts
xNocturnalSunx wrote:
lol I have absolutely NO PvP gear, but if you want to help me help you faceroll, I'll be more than happy to =)

This sort of makes me think because I haven't PvP'd in a while, if I happen to put up an Earth Shield on you, does it show when you're stealthed? I'm assuming no because it'd be sort of stupid to have it just randomly floating in air when you're supposed to be invisible lol.

Also, I'll try to hop on today after work and jump into some BGs to get some points for gear. Shouldn't be too hard, I'd imagine.

Have you tried out Tol'Barad and see if maybe all of those "decent" BG players are just doing that instead? Just a suggestion.

Edited, Mar 26th 2012 8:40am by xNocturnalSunx

I tried Tol'Barad, and either I'm playing at the wrong times or the players on your (now our) realm just don't care about PvP. I soloed a hunter and a frost mage who were both fairly geared.

No, Earth Shield doesn't show. Basically what we'd end up doing is you kiting whoever tries to attack you and I'd peel and attack them.

That said, you'd probably be keeping Earth Shield on you, since most teams will focus on killing you since I'm much easier to kill when you can't sit and spam-heal me. Smiley: tongue

someproteinguy wrote:
Theophany wrote:
So what gives? Did PvP just get so dumbed down that any retard that was decent back in S2-S6 can be a PvP god if they stick with it and get geared?


Or why even bother when 4k res, an earthbind totem, and a pillar is all you need to obtain immortality? Smiley: nod

A little speculation:

-Rated battlegrounds suck away more skilled players
-Alt-friend expansion is alt-friendly
-A lot of the better PvE players took a break once they downed Deathwing
-Apparently there's a bit of a problem with bots these days
-PvE gear isn't as glorious as it was at the end of wrath.

Those are some good points, and explains why I've really only seen one or two good players.
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#6 Mar 27 2012 at 6:50 AM Rating: Excellent
That's what I thought. I was on last night trying out some BGs and TB. I will say that you are right, that things have gotten crazy easier. I'm so bad, I normally die quite a bit in them, but last night I managed to stay alive a majority of the time. Let me know when you'll be on next and I'll try to make it on. If you'll be on tonight, I've got class after work, but should be home around 6:30 EST.
____________________________
Alliance
90 Rogue - Aresella
90 Shaman - Aislynn
90 Warrior - Alazara
88 Mage - Gízmo
85 Druid - Araxi
85 Hunter - Xeliara
85 Priest - Alaxandra
85 Paladin - Kallísto
30 Monk - Faewyn
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 39 All times are in CDT
Aethien, Anonymous Guests (38)