Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

[Druid] VP TrinkFollow

#1 Dec 16 2011 at 4:10 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
208 posts
So, according to EJ for resto druids, spirit is very low down on our priority list... does that mean i should take Bottled Wishes instead of Reflection of the light ??
currently at 10.82% haste if that helps any when deciding...

Edited, Dec 30th 2011 11:14am by Xsarus
#2 Dec 16 2011 at 11:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,841 posts
What follows is the generic opinion of someone who isn't playing a druid right now.

Spirit is very useful if you need more mana. It's basically useless if you don't find yourself needing more mana. If you are going OOM in fights, and it's causing problems, you should get more spirit. If you aren't having any problems with mana you shouldn't.

By in large the posters at EJ are in the very best gear, and because of that they have no need for additional mana regen. There is likely more of it on their gear than they could ever want; hence they won't value it highly. This is typical as an expansion progresses, spirit gets valued less and less because of the way stats scale and the way mana regen interacts with the important metric 'time to OOM.'

In short it's something only you can answer for yourself.

As for a less vague answer, I've heard ~2,000 as point where you should have enough spirit to heal a generic raid encounter, but your mileage may vary. You can also plug your toon into treecalcs (a nice spreadsheet from EJ which I'm assuming they're still updating) and determine your time to OOM, which should give you an idea of whether or not you have enough regen to complete a fight. Usually once your 'time to OOM' is in the range of 7-8 minutes you'll have enough mana regen to complete about anything you come across (your mana will probably last a decent amount longer than the spreadsheet indicates as there's lag and occasional downtime in real encounters).

Edited, Dec 16th 2011 9:09pm by someproteinguy
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#3 Dec 17 2011 at 4:49 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,764 posts
One other thing to consider is, just how good is your DPS at not standing in fire and attacking the right target? There's a lot of avoidable damage in the new 5-mans and LFR, if your DPS can follow directions. And not stand in fire. After 3 expansions of fire being bad. (minus one boss fight in Ulduar)
____________________________
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
As a forum admin, you... see things. Things that you can never unsee. Things that make you fervently wish to protect other people from ever seeing those things. This is why forum admins are sometimes cranky.
#4 Dec 17 2011 at 2:04 PM Rating: Good
****
7,608 posts
AstarintheDruid wrote:
One other thing to consider is, just how good is your DPS at not standing in fire and attacking the right target? There's a lot of avoidable damage in the new 5-mans and LFR, if your DPS can follow directions. And not stand in fire. After 3 expansions of fire being bad. (minus one boss fight in Ulduar)


It wasn't fire even it was blue circles. Fire is always bad, except for that one fight in BoT where you had to run through it to remove a debuff and even then it still hurt you in the process.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#5 Dec 17 2011 at 7:18 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,764 posts
Horsemouth wrote:
AstarintheDruid wrote:
One other thing to consider is, just how good is your DPS at not standing in fire and attacking the right target? There's a lot of avoidable damage in the new 5-mans and LFR, if your DPS can follow directions. And not stand in fire. After 3 expansions of fire being bad. (minus one boss fight in Ulduar)


It wasn't fire even it was blue circles. Fire is always bad, except for that one fight in BoT where you had to run through it to remove a debuff and even then it still hurt you in the process.

On Hodir, casters got a buff from standing in the campfires in the room. I remember it because it's the one and only time my raid leader yelled, "SOMEONE GO STAND IN THE !@# !@#$ %$#@ FIRE FOR CHIST'S SAKE! YOU MORONS WILL STAND IN THE FIRE AND MAKE ME HEAL YOU ON ANY OTHER ******** BOSS!"

Oh man, some of his rants were epic. Almost makes me miss raiding with Irish. Almost.
____________________________
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
As a forum admin, you... see things. Things that you can never unsee. Things that make you fervently wish to protect other people from ever seeing those things. This is why forum admins are sometimes cranky.
#6 Dec 17 2011 at 7:38 PM Rating: Good
****
7,608 posts
AstarintheDruid wrote:
Horsemouth wrote:
AstarintheDruid wrote:
One other thing to consider is, just how good is your DPS at not standing in fire and attacking the right target? There's a lot of avoidable damage in the new 5-mans and LFR, if your DPS can follow directions. And not stand in fire. After 3 expansions of fire being bad. (minus one boss fight in Ulduar)


It wasn't fire even it was blue circles. Fire is always bad, except for that one fight in BoT where you had to run through it to remove a debuff and even then it still hurt you in the process.

On Hodir, casters got a buff from standing in the campfires in the room. I remember it because it's the one and only time my raid leader yelled, "SOMEONE GO STAND IN THE !@# !@#$ %$#@ FIRE FOR CHIST'S SAKE! YOU MORONS WILL STAND IN THE FIRE AND MAKE ME HEAL YOU ON ANY OTHER ******** BOSS!"

Oh man, some of his rants were epic. Almost makes me miss raiding with Irish. Almost.


I don't think of the camp fires as fire. More like sticks with a reddish glow.

I was thinking about Council, also in Ulduar.

Ulduar of course being the best raid ever.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#7 Dec 18 2011 at 7:12 PM Rating: Good
I'm 7/8 normal at the moment and currently have reforged off all my spirit and am still coping fine (last fight may test me). It comes down to making sure you are using your efficient heals. Lifebloom up all the time, rejuv on the tank all the time, swiftmend on CD, regrowth or HT only on OOC proc. If you do that then you generally are fairly mana neutral, so you can spend the rest on rejuvs and the odd regrowth or HT if things go bad. This expansion it hasn't really been a resto druids job to save people in emergencies - we seem to be the baseload healing that keeps things mostly under control while the other healers do the emergency stuff.

For my reforging, I get rid of all my spirit, hit 2005 haste then put the rest into mastery.

____________________________
RareTrevor - Feral/Resto
Other Rares - RareBertha (90 Mage), RareAgatha (90 Paladin), RareMildred (90 Warlock)
RareGretchen (85 Hunter), RareHelga (85 Shaman), RarePearl (74 Rogue), RareEileen (51 Warrior), RareDorothy (46 Priest)
Rarebeast-Feral Druid. and 9 other Level 80+ Rares [b]R.I.P.
#8 Dec 18 2011 at 8:54 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,116 posts
I hate Lifebloom so much.

Didn't like it when it was introduced in TBC, didn't like it in WotLK and I seriously dislike it now that it's also the source of our mp5.

They need to up the duration or remove the stacks before I go back to healing on my Druid. 10-second duration and 4.5 seconds to reapply is not cool.

Edited, Dec 19th 2011 3:54am by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#9 Dec 19 2011 at 3:32 PM Rating: Good
Yeah, spirit isn't nearly as useful for resto druids as it is for say, holy priests/pallies. Having some is good of course, but it's not our first secondary stat. Most of the time healing Firelands, I barely dented my mana bar. Of course, I wasn't a very good healer either. =x I used to tease the shaman in our raid about having to carry me.
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 46 All times are in CDT
Xsarus, Anonymous Guests (45)