Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Feral Druid Gear 4.3!Follow

#1 Dec 06 2011 at 2:50 PM Rating: Good
3 posts
So here is some druid tanking gear what I did was reforge everything and get really good dodge/agility/stamina gems!This is my first tanking gear because I just started tanking so I am really happy with the gear and ilvl :D Have fun!


Feral Bear - TANKING
(Reforge Haste/Hit/expertise to Dodge/Crit/Mastery)

GEAR
HEAD - Helm of Thorns (Well of Eternity - Mannoroth & Vero)
NECK - Necklace of Smoke Signals (JP Vendor 1250)
SHOU - Desecrated Shoulderguard (Hour of Twilight - Archbishop Benedictus)
BACK - Cloak of the Banshee Queen (End Time - Echo of Sylvanas)
CHES - Time Twisted Tunic (End Time - Murozond)
HAND - Gloves of the Hollow (End Time - Echo of Baine, Sylvanas, Jaina & Tyrande)
BRAC - Flamebinder Bracers (JP Vendor 1250)
WAIST - Peroth'arn's Belt (Well of Eternity - Peroth'arn)
LEGS - Pupperteer Pantaloons (Well of Eternity - Queen Azshara)
BOOT - Wayfinder Boots (Hour of Twilight - Arcurion)
RING - Mannoroths Signet (Well of Eternity - Mannoroth & Vero)
RING - Queens Boon (Well of Eternity - Queen Azshara)
TRINK - Arrow of Time (End Time - Murozond)
TRINK - Veil of lies (Hour of Twilight - Archbishop Benedictus)
2H - Thornwood Staff (Well of Eternity - Mannoroth & Vero)
RELIC - Covenant of the Flame (JP Vendor 700)



Edited, Dec 6th 2011 4:15pm by Dynamicgal

Edited, Dec 6th 2011 4:39pm by Dynamicgal
#2 Dec 06 2011 at 4:09 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
35,915 posts
Note that Arrow of Time is worse than Fluid Death or Tia's Grace for tanking. The reason being that it gives just as much agility as Fluid Death, but haste (especially a haste proc) is worth less than hit/mastery/crit which the other two trinkets have.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#3 Dec 06 2011 at 5:10 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
Thanks for the note i missed that its part of my dps set im new to tanking so any help is highly appericated :]Smiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lol
#4 Dec 06 2011 at 5:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Why are you using two accounts? Please pick one.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#5 Dec 06 2011 at 6:56 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
208 posts
Lol my gf just made her own account on here and decided to copy my idea! I know it looks the same as mine i got her to make the topic name the same in hopes of inspiring other people to make similar threads and maybe we can get one for each class goin if others get the urge to do the same! Sorry if it looks like im ob two accounts but im really not!

Ps. You'll notice that mine (the original) is much better! Especiallu when i fix the spacing later when i get home
#6 Dec 06 2011 at 7:34 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
35,915 posts
Hah, Xsarus is foiled by relationship!

Deme and Dynamic (I'm gonna refer to you as the Dynamic Duo from now on), it's a good idea. I've been flipping pages over at Wowhead, trying to find out what drops where in the new heroics and what I'll have to buy from the vendors.

Good initiative. Smiley: thumbsup
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#7 Dec 06 2011 at 9:48 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
208 posts
Mazra wrote:
Hah, Xsarus is foiled by relationship!

I'm gonna refer to you as the Dynamic Duo from now on

Good initiative. Smiley: thumbsup


Lol that is our priest/pally 2s name :D
#8 Dec 07 2011 at 12:58 AM Rating: Good
****
7,486 posts
Dynamicgal wrote:
So here is some druid tanking gear what I did was reforge everything and get really good dodge/agility/stamina gems!This is my first tanking gear because I just started tanking so I am really happy with the gear and ilvl :D Have fun!


Feral Bear - TANKING
(Reforge Haste/Hit/expertise to Dodge/Crit/Mastery)



Stopped reading here.

Expertise is equal to crit in many situations do to allowing more crits to happen.

I have beer.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#9 Dec 07 2011 at 1:00 AM Rating: Good
****
7,486 posts
Also Fluid Death is better than Arrow of Time as the arrow only is +3 Agi and the hit will provide more mitigation via increased SD uptime than the haste proc.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#10 Dec 07 2011 at 1:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Sounds good.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#11 Dec 07 2011 at 1:51 AM Rating: Good
****
7,486 posts
Sir Xsarus wrote:
Sounds good.


I didn't become a guru for my charming personality or sense of humor.

They developed later.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#12 Dec 07 2011 at 8:29 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
35,915 posts
Horse, you're all over my Kool-Aid and you're wrong about expertise.

According to ElitistJerks' 4.3 Bear Guide:

Quote:
You'll want to reforge haste/hit/expertise to dodge, crit, or mastery if possible. Use Rawr or the spreadsheet to determine which of the three is your best bet.


It's true that expertise is better than hit, until cap, but it's not better than dodge, crit or mastery. Whether to go dodge or crit/mastery depends on your gear levels, hence why they refer to Rawr.

The reason you reforge expertise is because it's better than reforging the other secondary stat (usually either mastery or crit) and reforging expertise is better than not reforging at all. If you've got an armor piece with expertise and haste, you obviously reforge the haste.

Edited, Dec 7th 2011 3:32pm by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#13 Dec 07 2011 at 10:48 AM Rating: Excellent
****
7,486 posts
Reesi, Yawning, et al wrote:
Expertise Rating - Decreases an enemy’s chance to dodge and parry. Largely a threat stat, however it is also a good mitigation stat for Savage Defense until the dodge cap. Roughly equal to crit in value for mitigation until 26, at which point it is on par with Hit. Once you reach higher gear levels (>= 378) Expertise will actually be superior to Crit until you reach the softcap of 26.


EJ can suck my nuts.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#14 Dec 07 2011 at 11:25 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
35,915 posts
378+ would require better gear than the stuff on this list, though, so I still win.

Nyah nyah! Smiley: tongue
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#15 Dec 07 2011 at 7:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,764 posts
Mazra wrote:
378+ would require better gear than the stuff on this list, though, so I still win.

Nyah nyah! Smiley: tongue

One, everything on the list is 378, so having everything on the list would put you at > or = to 378. (>= 378)
Two, there's only one piece in the whole list that even has expertise on it.
Three, Queens Boon is a strength/dodge/parry ring, so you would probably want to use Alurmi's Ring, a quest reward from Well of Eternity.
____________________________
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
As a forum admin, you... see things. Things that you can never unsee. Things that make you fervently wish to protect other people from ever seeing those things. This is why forum admins are sometimes cranky.
#16 Dec 08 2011 at 12:14 AM Rating: Good
****
7,486 posts
Mazra wrote:
378+ would require better gear than the stuff on this list, though, so I still win.

Nyah nyah! Smiley: tongue


378+ is expertise is better then crit, exp is still equal to crit at lower levels.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#17 Dec 08 2011 at 9:02 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
35,915 posts
Yeah, but as long as it's not better then it's not wrong to suggest reforging to crit.

Anyway, Rawr is telling me to get dodge or crit, not expertise. So that's EJ + Rawr vs some people I've never heard of.

I still win.

Shut up, I do. I do win!

Edit: By the way, Alurmi's Ring has haste on it. Splintered Brimstone Seal has crit and mastery instead (1250 JP). I heard you like mastery with your fancy expertise and hippity hop music.

Edited, Dec 8th 2011 4:13pm by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#18 Dec 08 2011 at 11:53 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
3,677 posts
Those "people you've never heard of" include the second bear to tank Ragnaros (Ellesîme, pretty sure Hugehoss was the first and he's not around anymore), the person who wrote Mew (Yawning, adaptation of Toskk's calculator), and the one who keeps the o-board bear list current (Reesi). Also Konungr, who is the guy on the o-boards willing to spend a week running simulations to prove a 20 dps increase, but I'm not sure if that's an authority worth appealing to.

EJ has some nice theorycrafters, but they tend to have the problem of, once they decide on a "best" thing, stomping down on any dissenting evidence from "outsiders".
____________________________
Beohrn -- 85 druid
Brandmanen -- 85 Hunter

"Skill is a measure of how fast a player can turn experience into competence." -- Anedris, EJ forums
"The warrior acts, the fool reacts"

Please pardon the ego, it keeps getting stuck in doorways. I'm working on it.
#19 Dec 08 2011 at 12:11 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
35,915 posts
I'm mostly just doing it to annoy Horse because he did the whole spider thread thing earlier.

Summarily dismissing an otherwise good post because of a suggestion to reforge expertise just had 'Mazra must intervene' written all over it.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#20 Dec 08 2011 at 12:30 PM Rating: Good
Mazra wrote:
I'm mostly just doing it to annoy Horse because he did the whole spider thread thing earlier.



>8<


SPIDER PRIDE?!


Edited, Dec 8th 2011 1:30pm by xNocturnalSunx
____________________________
Alliance
90 Rogue - Aresella
90 Shaman - Aislynn
90 Warrior - Alazara
88 Mage - Gízmo
85 Druid - Araxi
85 Hunter - Xeliara
85 Priest - Alaxandra
85 Paladin - Kallísto
30 Monk - Faewyn
#21 Dec 08 2011 at 12:42 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
35,915 posts
*squish*
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#22 Dec 09 2011 at 3:43 AM Rating: Decent
3 posts
Just so you know you people are confusing the crap outta me..... But just wanted to let you all know tanking with this gear is great! And i am doing great as a new tank :D so thanks for all the confusing advice :P
#23 Dec 09 2011 at 4:19 AM Rating: Good
****
7,486 posts
selebrin wrote:
Those "people you've never heard of" include the second bear to tank Ragnaros (Ellesîme, pretty sure Hugehoss was the first and he's not around anymore), the person who wrote Mew (Yawning, adaptation of Toskk's calculator), and the one who keeps the o-board bear list current (Reesi). Also Konungr, who is the guy on the o-boards willing to spend a week running simulations to prove a 20 dps increase, but I'm not sure if that's an authority worth appealing to.

EJ has some nice theorycrafters, but they tend to have the problem of, once they decide on a "best" thing, stomping down on any dissenting evidence from "outsiders".


This.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#24 Dec 09 2011 at 4:22 AM Rating: Good
****
7,486 posts
Mazra wrote:
I'm mostly just doing it to annoy Horse because he did the whole spider thread thing earlier.

Summarily dismissing an otherwise good post because of a suggestion to reforge expertise just had 'Mazra must intervene' written all over it.


Dearest Maz,

I'm right. Ergo, your mom and I had relations.

Sincerely, Horsemouth.

Tell her I said Hi and Aeth said Sup
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#25 Dec 09 2011 at 4:23 AM Rating: Good
****
7,486 posts
Also exp makes 5 mans fun. Not missing as much means that warrior that only speaks blarf isn't an issue.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#26 Dec 09 2011 at 7:07 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
35,915 posts
Horsemouth wrote:
Mazra wrote:
I'm mostly just doing it to annoy Horse because he did the whole spider thread thing earlier.

Summarily dismissing an otherwise good post because of a suggestion to reforge expertise just had 'Mazra must intervene' written all over it.


Dearest Maz,

I'm right. Ergo, your mom and I had relations.

Sincerely, Horsemouth.

Tell her I said Hi and Aeth said Sup


You're a doo-doo head.

You may be right, but I'm more right. Times infinite, nyah nyah!
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#27 Dec 10 2011 at 1:09 AM Rating: Good
****
7,486 posts
Mazra wrote:
Horsemouth wrote:
Mazra wrote:
I'm mostly just doing it to annoy Horse because he did the whole spider thread thing earlier.

Summarily dismissing an otherwise good post because of a suggestion to reforge expertise just had 'Mazra must intervene' written all over it.


Dearest Maz,

I'm right. Ergo, your mom and I had relations.

Sincerely, Horsemouth.

Tell her I said Hi and Aeth said Sup


You're a doo-doo head.

You may be right, but I'm more right. Times infinite, nyah nyah!


You smell like farts.

BURN
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#28 Dec 10 2011 at 4:30 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
35,915 posts
NO U! Smiley: mad Smiley: mad
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 32 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (32)