Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Hellz yeahFollow

#52 Feb 16 2011 at 10:00 PM Rating: Good
****
7,567 posts
Changing travel form to a mount would be a PvP nerf.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#53 Feb 16 2011 at 10:08 PM Rating: Good
Muggle@#%^er
Avatar
*****
19,770 posts
That's why Maz specified that the speed increase should be standard in cat form. You'd lose 10% run speed, but gain in other ways.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#54 Feb 16 2011 at 10:16 PM Rating: Good
****
7,567 posts
idiggory wrote:
That's why Maz specified that the speed increase should be standard in cat form. You'd lose 10% run speed, but gain in other ways.


Cat all ready moves at 130%, the extra 10% would be excessive. It would be a nice way to help blunt the shifting change but it will never happen.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#55 Feb 16 2011 at 10:19 PM Rating: Good
Muggle@#%^er
Avatar
*****
19,770 posts
His point was to make all cats have 130%, even Balance/Resto's cats.

That way, instead of shifting into travel form when they need to gain some distance, they'd shift into kitty form (which would move 10% slower than travel form). And Travel form could become a mount.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#56 Feb 17 2011 at 6:44 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,054 posts
Exactly.

* Travel Form would move at land mount speed (scaling with riding skill, similar to the Death Knights' flying mount).
* Travel Form would not be usable in combat (like Flight Form).
* Cat Form would move at Feral Swiftness speed by default.

Yes, you lose 10% movement from using Cat Form instead of Travel Form, but considering Cat Form has Dash and stealth and stuff, I'm sure the Restos/Boomkins wouldn't mind.

Anyway, was just a thought I had. I think I've used Travel Form once since I began leveling in Cataclysm. And that one time was because I hit the wrong hotkey (meant to go Cat Form).

As for ideas to the new Travel Form model (all you Stag haters out there), Warhammer Online already has something similar in the game. If you kill a certain NPC during an in-game event, you get the ability to transform yourself into this.

A stag that moves at mount speed.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#57 Feb 17 2011 at 9:09 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,888 posts
Mazra wrote:
Exactly.

* Travel Form would move at land mount speed (scaling with riding skill, similar to the Death Knights' flying mount).
* Travel Form would not be usable in combat (like Flight Form).
* Cat Form would move at Feral Swiftness speed by default.

Yes, you lose 10% movement from using Cat Form instead of Travel Form, but considering Cat Form has Dash and stealth and stuff, I'm sure the Restos/Boomkins wouldn't mind.

Anyway, was just a thought I had. I think I've used Travel Form once since I began leveling in Cataclysm. And that one time was because I hit the wrong hotkey (meant to go Cat Form).

As for ideas to the new Travel Form model (all you Stag haters out there), Warhammer Online already has something similar in the game. If you kill a certain NPC during an in-game event, you get the ability to transform yourself into this.

A stag that moves at mount speed.

I'm a Boom/Resto druid and I approve of this.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/approve_jesus.gif

Edited, Feb 17th 2011 12:09pm by Brisin
#58 Feb 17 2011 at 9:21 AM Rating: Excellent
Well, it would have to be only usable outside of combat me thinks. That's why the current version isn't any faster.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#59 Feb 17 2011 at 9:50 AM Rating: Good
Muggle@#%^er
Avatar
*****
19,770 posts
Quote:
Well, it would have to be only usable outside of combat me thinks. That's why the current version isn't any faster.


???
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#60 Feb 17 2011 at 10:18 AM Rating: Excellent
I missed a few posts when I posted that. My point was that if you have travel form be an instant cast mount, having it being castable in combat would be way way OP.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 32 All times are in CDT
idiggory, Anonymous Guests (31)