lol, that's awesome! Does it turn you into a gnome pirate every time, or is the race random?
It actually turns you into a duplicate of Burgy Blackheart, the NPC you need to kill. So, it's always the same character. I've noticed a few other effects:
- When I logged off while flying as a pirate, I logged back on to find that I was Burgy, riding my Sandstone Drake. So I was a pirate, riding myself.
- If you put on your hat while on another mount, you (as a pirate) and your mount become slightly transparent (ghostly), as well as the mount growing in size. I pulled up next to a guildmate's Traveling Tundra Mammoth, and his seemed pretty small by comparison.
- When flying as a Sandstone Drake, you either swim through the air, or skip. On a regular flyer, you ride your mount as a pirate.
- When giving someone a ride, you actually carry them tucked under your arm as you fly along, and you can transform from the Sandstone Drake to Burgy in mid-flight.
- Since you are really your Sanstone drake in Pirate form, you can run at the speed of your drake on land, jump up to leap over buildings, and can't get through some doorways.
Very fun, and worth camping at the sunken pirate ship for a day or so. I was just joining a guild group for a random when I noticed I was receiving gunshots from Burgy, who had just spawned.