Forum Settings
       
This thread is locked

Bored Druid ThreadFollow

#6352 May 21 2011 at 2:40 PM Rating: Good
****
9,435 posts
I've actually been in this relationship for 2½ years now, but our days are numbered (we'll split up on the 20th of July).

And church politics are lulzy. My mum lives in a very traditional parish, and they got a new vicar a little while back (the old one went off to Africa or something). The new vicar is ******* and in a civil partnership. OH THE SCANDAL!
____________________________
Support Ahmadiyya
#6353 May 21 2011 at 2:47 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
584 posts
Kalivha wrote:
I've actually been in this relationship for 2½ years now, but our days are numbered (we'll split up on the 20th of July).


Do you not feel weird putting a date on the day your relationship will end?
____________________________
Kalivha wrote:
We can put on top hats and monocles and make fun of the English.
#6354 May 21 2011 at 3:00 PM Rating: Good
***
2,069 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
Wonder Gem PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
I can't just can't bring myself to be Christian anymore. Haven't been since I was about 20 after having my eyes opened to all the horrible things the church has done in the past, and the inherent sexism and homophobia within any sect of Christianity that I have come across.


Seriously this is why I have barely been to church in 10 years. I have to admit I miss the community feel, but really I couldn't stand the all the paranoia and the politics (you should have seen the looks I got when I declined to sign some abortion ban petition Smiley: rolleyes). But it's okay, there's plenty of places to find bible readings online and such. Religion has just become a little more of a personal endeavor I suppose.

That and I married a Buddhist; the church people didn't like that much. Smiley: oyvey


Seriously, check out the Unitarian Universalist church...all of the community, none of the BS.
____________________________
http://www.marriageissogay.com/

Song of the day:
May 26, 2011 -- Transplants
#6355 May 21 2011 at 3:01 PM Rating: Good
****
9,435 posts
Sgriob wrote:
Kalivha wrote:
I've actually been in this relationship for 2½ years now, but our days are numbered (we'll split up on the 20th of July).


Do you not feel weird putting a date on the day your relationship will end?


Meh, I'm actually kind of glad that it's not "sometime in July" anymore, if that makes sense. I wouldn't end it if circumstances were more favourable, but I ultimately don't mind it either way...
____________________________
Support Ahmadiyya
#6356 May 21 2011 at 3:18 PM Rating: Good
****
7,707 posts
Isn't it because someone is moving then or something? My memory is shot.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#6357 May 21 2011 at 4:31 PM Rating: Good
****
9,435 posts
Aye, I'm moving back to Germany for the summer, and then off to Scotland.

And it looks like after Scotland it is really gonna be either Pakistan or India.



Also, I finally found a victim to go through Ramadan with me this summer \o/
____________________________
Support Ahmadiyya
#6358 May 21 2011 at 7:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,369 posts
Ailitardif wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
Wonder Gem PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
I can't just can't bring myself to be Christian anymore. Haven't been since I was about 20 after having my eyes opened to all the horrible things the church has done in the past, and the inherent sexism and homophobia within any sect of Christianity that I have come across.


Seriously this is why I have barely been to church in 10 years. I have to admit I miss the community feel, but really I couldn't stand the all the paranoia and the politics (you should have seen the looks I got when I declined to sign some abortion ban petition Smiley: rolleyes). But it's okay, there's plenty of places to find bible readings online and such. Religion has just become a little more of a personal endeavor I suppose.

That and I married a Buddhist; the church people didn't like that much. Smiley: oyvey


Seriously, check out the Unitarian Universalist church...all of the community, none of the BS.


I clickyed, looks like I have some reading to do.

Smiley: thumbsup
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#6359 May 21 2011 at 7:51 PM Rating: Good
Been with my wife 7.5 years and married for just over 5.5 years. My previous best was on and off over 5 years - we broke up so many times people were comparing us to a light switch. I would say I wasted 5 years of my life except it makes me truly appreciate how compatible my wife and I are.

____________________________
RareTrevor - Feral/Boom
Other 100's - RareBertha (Mage), RareAgatha (Paladin), RareMildred (Warlock), RareGretchen (Hunter)
Others - RareHelga (96 Shaman), RarePearl (93 Rogue), RareEileen (93 Warrior), RareDorothy (93 Priest), RareViolet (93 Monk), RareWinifred (92 DK)
Rarebeast-Feral Druid. and 9 other Level 80+ Rares R.I.P
#6360 May 21 2011 at 8:46 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,439 posts
Davejohnsan wrote:
Wait, do you play WoW, or are you just here for kicks? Either way, I've always found your posts to be pretty funny. Smiley: grin


Don't encourage him, Dave. Smiley: oyvey

Kalivha wrote:
Also, I finally found a victim to go through Ramadan with me this summer \o/


You had a list of most sensible religions, didn't you? And yet you're preparing to do the whole fasting thing that makes no sense at all? Smiley: dubious

Edited, May 22nd 2011 4:48am by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#6361 May 21 2011 at 8:49 PM Rating: Excellent
Mazra wrote:
Davejohnsan wrote:
Wait, do you play WoW, or are you just here for kicks? Either way, I've always found your posts to be pretty funny. Smiley: grin


Don't encourage him, Dave. Smiley: oyvey


Smiley: confused

____________________________
Kaolian wrote:
After a horrific accident involving a radioactive housecat, Davejohnsan becomes “THE CAT YODALER!” By day, mild mannered veterinary supplies salesmen, but by night, daemon feline scourge of the swiss alps! Swiss cheese production falls sharply in the first quarter as lack of sleep slowly drives everyone in Switzerland insane
#6362 May 21 2011 at 9:18 PM Rating: Good
****
9,435 posts
Mazra wrote:
Kalivha wrote:
Also, I finally found a victim to go through Ramadan with me this summer \o/


You had a list of most sensible religions, didn't you? And yet you're preparing to do the whole fasting thing that makes no sense at all? Smiley: dubious
The thing is, it makes perfect sense to me, if you cut out the prayer.

And I need to repent for missing it last year (well, most of it anyway).
____________________________
Support Ahmadiyya
#6363 May 22 2011 at 3:05 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
So has the doomsayer guy given a reason for his obvious and predictable failure to predict the end of the world yet?


As for the whole religions discussion, I really don't give a flying **** what anyone believes as long as they don't bother me with it. I can understand the value of the morals in the teachings and the sense of community but beyond that there's no religion that makes a whole lot of sense to me.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#6364 May 22 2011 at 3:56 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
614 posts
Quote:
I really don't give a flying @#%^ what anyone believes as long as they don't bother me with it.


This pretty much.
I belong in the church, or well no, I don't BELONG there but I'm a part of it. Or well no I don't take part in any of the activities or anything but I pay the tax for it.
The reason why I'm a part of the church, or just pay the tax for it or whatever, is because I want to get married in a church someday.
Because I'm ol'school like that.

I'm not sure if I believe in God, but I'd like to believe that there's some higher power that created all of this.

#6365 May 22 2011 at 5:06 AM Rating: Good
My longest relationship so far is my one with J. We've been together for 3.5 years now and still going strong.
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 100 Priest
Thelesis, 91 Mage
Necralita, 90 DK
Digits, 87 Shaman
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#6366 May 22 2011 at 7:29 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,439 posts
My longest relationship ever lasted one month.

I'm a lone wolf type. After a couple of weeks, I get tired of not having as much private space as I used to and end it.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#6367 May 22 2011 at 8:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,369 posts
Over 11.5 years with the Mrs.

I also can't wait to hear from Mr. Nutbag, should be entertaining.

Smiley: popcorn
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#6368 May 22 2011 at 9:07 AM Rating: Good
****
9,435 posts
Mazra wrote:
My longest relationship ever lasted one month.

I'm a lone wolf type. After a couple of weeks, I get tired of not having as much private space as I used to and end it.



For all my stumbling from one relationship into the next all the time, I do need a lot of alone time and after NRE has worn off will spend most of my days doing stuff that has nothing to do with boyfriend time. And not having that drives me literally insane.
____________________________
Support Ahmadiyya
#6369 May 22 2011 at 9:27 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,439 posts
I just can't imagine having every day involve a second person. That is, I can't imagine that with any of the women I know.

I'm sure I'll eventually get hit with the love brick and all that, but not right now.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#6370 May 22 2011 at 10:05 AM Rating: Good
****
9,435 posts
Aye, that's a healthy outlook.


And I think a lot of it is about compromising and quite possibly not spending every day together. I'm thankful every time I get out; not primarily for relationship reasons but my trip to Denmark last year actually made my relationship about 10 times as awesome afterwards.
____________________________
Support Ahmadiyya
#6371 May 22 2011 at 10:23 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,439 posts
My aunt lives in the Netherlands (or near the border, anyway) and her husband used to work for a construction company, overseeing construction work in all parts of the world, from Mexico to China. I remember my sister asking her if she wasn't sad that he was gone so often (months at a time with short trips home, or my aunt visiting him) and my aunt said that it was probably the reason it worked out so well in the first place.

He had a hip replacement last year and has been retired since, but they've been married for years now and from what I can tell, they're enjoying each other as much as, if not more than, ever. It's good to see, rather than those couples that sort of "hang around" for the heck of it, either too afraid to separate or with too much shared commitment to other things (mortgage, children, dog, whatever).

Besides, I love my alone time too much right now. Being able to go home and just spend hours at the computer while munching snacks.

Smiley: inlove

Edited, May 22nd 2011 6:24pm by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#6372 May 22 2011 at 10:32 AM Rating: Good
****
9,435 posts
Mazra wrote:
Besides, I love my alone time too much right now. Being able to go home and just spend hours at the computer while munching snacks.

Smiley: inlove


I do that, anyway. I'm an awful girlfriend.


And I don't have a television set up here, so I can't even watch Al Jazeera when I want to because everyone constantly plays XBox or something.
____________________________
Support Ahmadiyya
#6373 May 22 2011 at 10:35 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,439 posts
Al Ja-- what in the **** would you want to watch that for? Don't you have cable TV?
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#6374 May 22 2011 at 10:38 AM Rating: Good
****
9,435 posts
We only have Freeview, and they have.. coverage of stuff, and the live stream online is all brokededed.
____________________________
Support Ahmadiyya
#6375 May 22 2011 at 11:55 AM Rating: Good
Kalivha wrote:
Mazra wrote:
Besides, I love my alone time too much right now. Being able to go home and just spend hours at the computer while munching snacks.

Smiley: inlove


I do that, anyway. I'm an awful girlfriend.


Me too, lol. J calls himself a WoW widow sometimes. >.>
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 100 Priest
Thelesis, 91 Mage
Necralita, 90 DK
Digits, 87 Shaman
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#6376 May 22 2011 at 11:59 AM Rating: Excellent
Davejohnsan wrote:
Smiley: confused


Are you going to leave me confused, Mazra? Smiley: tongue
____________________________
Kaolian wrote:
After a horrific accident involving a radioactive housecat, Davejohnsan becomes “THE CAT YODALER!” By day, mild mannered veterinary supplies salesmen, but by night, daemon feline scourge of the swiss alps! Swiss cheese production falls sharply in the first quarter as lack of sleep slowly drives everyone in Switzerland insane
This thread is locked
You cannot post in a locked topic!
Recent Visitors: 54 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (54)