Speed Surge, Feint, and Chaos Thrust are the three reasons why I chose Lancer, and I'm pretty happy with that decision.
I picked it for the
1) Good damage. Not as good as archer, but still solid damage. Way better than any other class. (Besides archer).
2) No arrow management. I wanted a DPS, and I didn't want to carry 50 stacks of arrows with me (Now not really an issue, but before it was a big big issue)
3) Mass enemy manipulation. Stuns, disables, TP cuts, TP wipes, healing debuff buff things (if that makes any sense)
4) Ally buffs. +Added TP, +Small heal on hit.
5) You get to stab things. And I don't mean gimpy Gladiator tank&stab, I mean stab stab.
None of these really changed. I just hoped that Chaos Thrust looked a little... cooler. I'm definitely going to pursue lancing more. Seeing Simian Thrash got my hopes up about the R50 WSes.
It reminds me of Raise. Raise = Generic cast, and when it hits the end of the bar- nothing. At all. It's like a spell fizzle / spell interuption. Edited, Dec 1st 2010 11:03am by Meowshi