I have a few questions about MRD before I continue to lv this job or a different to 50. Before I ask, this is why I am asking. On FFXI I was a PLD, SAM, NIN, RNG, BLM. I was stuck at every end game event as PLD & SAM only a few times when PLD was not needed. I do not wish to tank every NM/event.
1. Is tanking split between GLA & MRD? IS GLA main or is MRD? I hear conflicting answers.
2. Armor: I haven't tried this myself, I don't believe you can gear swap like you can in FFXI. What is best DD gear setup & best Tanking setup?
3. Are you able to release & recapture hate like in FFXI? I know we dont have /THF to plant hate. Dual PLDs could bounce hate or you could let the SAMs & WARs have hate til they died.
4. This is a sensitive question if you're a mage. How are the healers? Hopefully they have improved from FFXI......
1. I assume your asking for endgame (By endgame i mean NMS)? If so, then yes its all Gladiator atm.
As for things like leves and random partys then Mrd is a great, if not the best tank. Due to not having to waste stamina on hate gaining abilities as much, they can mostly just do thier DD to keep hate. This also goes for Pug.
2. DD wise your going to want things like this (If you do NMS then you can grab Silver Tricorne).~ Iron Celata Vintage Haubergeon Iron Gauntlets Tarred Leather Trousers Cavalry Sollerets Iron Plate Belt
For your tanking set, its pretty much what Gladiators use, same as DD set but with these changes~ Iron Cuirass Iron Sabatons
3. Hate is almost impossible to lose if done correctly. You have Voke/Taunt/Warmonger as your spike hate actions. You can also grab Accomplice from Pug to transfer hate from another member to yourself. A way to release hate would be Chameleon from Archer, although ive never needed the action on my Mrd yet.
4. Im actually a mage myself, i dual box a DD and a mage and its super easy to be a good healer even by playing 2 characters. Cure III and Sacrifice III are very OP and unless your getting one shotted, then you should be fine leaking lots of damage.
80 Hunter - 80 Death Knight - 80 Paladin FFXI:
75 Dragoon - 75 Samurai - 75 Paladin FFXIV 1:
50 Marauder/Gladiator/Archer/Pugilist/Lancer FFXIV 2:
50 Thaumaturge - 50 Conjurer Tera: