Ahhhh I can't wait for this game. I have so many gameplay questions. Like...
1) I wonder if only the Lancer gains HP or the whole party gets the spoils too?
2) Can these skills be combined like SATA in FFXI?
3) If used in a chain with other party members "effect making" skills will they be stacked or will the new one cancel out the first one?
1. I'm pretty sure only the Lancer will be gaining HP from the ability.
2. One of the latest interview I'd read, it talked about the Battle system, there's going to be something similar to the skill chain, but it seems they're taking it to the next level. From what I read the new skill chain system doesn't ONLY deal extra elemental damage, it would also put a buff on the whole party or a debuff on the mob depends on the combination. To chain up different skills, it doesn't have to be WS, it can be a normal attack or an ability. So I'm pretty excited to check it out when the game releases.
3. I'm guess there will be a max number of effects you can put on a mob and some effects can be stack up (to a certain number) and some can't, so when the number of debuffs reached to the cap, new effects should cancel out the old ones. As for the effects that are stackable, when the max number is reached, the effect will just stay at the max number.