Minecraft Beta 1.2 is live. All servers need to be updated to 1.2.
* Note blocks (right click to tune, trigger to play)
* 15 wool dyes
* A new water dwelling mob
* New tree types
* Reeds magically turned into sugar canes. They still make paper.
* A bunch of new crafting recipes
* One secret useful block
* One secret pretty block
* AND MOAR, probably. I forget!
* Paintings work in multiplayer
* Disconnecting while riding no longer keeps the player in the world
* A bunch more state is properly synched in multiplayer
* Fixed colors going weird on PowerPC
* Fixed a horrible chunk reload loop in singleplayer
* Fixed most lighting bugs in newly generated SMP maps
* Falling sand behaves better in SMP
* Fixed a few crash on load level bugs
- New water mob are squids. They drop ink sacs.
-Flowers can be broken down into petals, which are turned into dyes.
-There are new tree graphics, ones with white and black bark, and apparently darker trees (hearsay, I haven't seen them yet). Word is they don't drop anything new.
-Skeletons drop bones, which are turned into bonemeal for dyes
-It seems one of the new blocks is a blue ore. Not sure what it's used for yet, or where to find it.
-Baa baa... black sheep! They drop black wool.
-Durability of some items seems changed. Early reports say that wooden items last 60 uses instead of 33.
-Trees seem to generate in new shapes, leaf-wise.
-Early reports say spiders can climb. Be very afraid!
Volunteer News Writer for the ZAM Network.
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin