Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Soooo...Follow

#1 May 07 2012 at 9:41 AM Rating: Good
***
2,820 posts
I finished Corellia. At least, I think I did. I did a quest called "The Battle of/for Corellia" and the turn in for that quest sure seemed to have some finality to it. I also did every other non-heroic quest I could find. The only Corellia quests still in my log are 3 Heroic 4 quests I couldn't find a group for. So where do I pick up the dailies? Is there something else I have to do before they open up? Did I miss a quest or two because I didn't explore the entire map? I figured those other areas were the Republic questing areas.

Also, do I have to run an FP on normal mode before I can do it on hard mode? I skipped 4 or 5 FPs while levelling and I was wondering if I have to go back and do them. A few of them I can probably solo, or at least carry an at-level group through if one of them is a healer.

Edited, May 7th 2012 10:42am by Bigdaddyjug
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


World of Warcraft
Aggramar Alliance
Allizsah: 92 Human Paladin
#2 May 07 2012 at 9:55 AM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
I think you just need to grab the quest from the fleet that will send you to that area. As for the FPs, I don't know. But you almost certainly will want to know the layout of the FPs before you do the hard mode versions, I'd wager.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#3 May 07 2012 at 10:02 AM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
I just know you have to do Boarding Party before you can do Foundry, and I think Battle for Ilum before False Emperor. I don't think you need to do normal mode to run something on hard.
____________________________
Banh
#4 May 07 2012 at 10:10 AM Rating: Good
***
2,820 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I think you just need to grab the quest from the fleet that will send you to that area. As for the FPs, I don't know. But you almost certainly will want to know the layout of the FPs before you do the hard mode versions, I'd wager.


Thanks, Diggs. I grabbed every quest that was available on the Fleet and a few of them were for older FPs. I guess I'll either solo them or find some people they are at-level for and carry them through. The quest for the Corellia dailies probably wasn't there because at the time I hadn't finished Corellia.

Another question. So a lot of the quests on Corellia rewarded Such-and-Such Mod/Enhancement/Armoring 21. I have been choosing to accept either the Corellia commendation or Talos Drellik's upgrades instead. Am I going to regret this, or are better mods easy to come by?
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


World of Warcraft
Aggramar Alliance
Allizsah: 92 Human Paladin
#5 May 07 2012 at 10:47 AM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
I don't think you'll regret it. I'm pretty sure the highest crafted is 22 or 23, but I'm not sure.

And you get the Corellia quest from a computer on the inner ring, I think.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#6 May 07 2012 at 11:28 AM Rating: Good
***
2,820 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I don't think you'll regret it. I'm pretty sure the highest crafted is 22 or 23, but I'm not sure.

And you get the Corellia quest from a computer on the inner ring, I think.


Cool thanks. I don't know why I assumed the dailies would just open up without a breadcrumb quest.

Now I just need to find some gear that is worth modding and somebody who has taken the time to RE all of the different versions of the mods.
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


World of Warcraft
Aggramar Alliance
Allizsah: 92 Human Paladin
#7 May 07 2012 at 12:20 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
Most augmented items are selling for several hundred thousand credits right now, so it's going to be something of a process just to save up for them. Of course, if you take Synthweaving/Armormech, you can deal with that much easier. Crit rates should be around 15%, iirc, for orange items. More if it you have a companion with a crit bonus.

And I don't think your assumption was a crazy one. The dailies generally have breadcrumb quests to lead players back to earlier planets. That wouldn't be nearly so important for a planet that ends in 50. What I find odd is that they didn't seed a quest on the planets, as well. Would be logical, particularly since you are going to hit level cap on Corellia.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#8 May 07 2012 at 12:43 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
Knight is awesome because you get your 2nd companion (aside from ship droid) so soon and she had like +5 Synthweaving crit. I can run missions with 2 companions and use the third to quest at such a low level it's awesome. Cost to run missions for the low level oranges is super cheap. My profit margin is great.

I'm doing the same with Armormech on my Sniper. Kaliyo has a crit bonus so I pumped up her affection and just spam them while doing Warzones or whatever.
____________________________
Banh
#9 May 07 2012 at 1:31 PM Rating: Good
***
2,820 posts
Yeah, my tankassin has Synth/Arch/UT. I'm hoping to get a pattern for a moddable belt and bracers, because I know those are the hardest moddable items to find and therefore the most expensive.

Is there a particular level range of UT missions I should run if I'm looking to get patterns or is it completely random? I got a lot of patterns while levelling UT but I don't know which required skill of synthweaving applies to each level range of UT missions. Also, which slots is it possible to get moddable patterns for? Just head, chest, legs, wrists, and belt? Or are there moddable gloves and boots you can craft too?
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


World of Warcraft
Aggramar Alliance
Allizsah: 92 Human Paladin
#10 May 07 2012 at 1:35 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
I'm fairly certain that they all have a chance to return level appropriate schematics, so maybe you should check out TORHead to see if what the options even are. There might be comments on those items in particular.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#11 May 07 2012 at 2:24 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
8,775 posts
Imp side Corellia dailies start from an officer on the inner ring.

Ilum dailies should starts from someone on the fleet, but I can't remember exactly where.

You can also do Belsavis dailies, but again, memory escapes me where exactly I found the start to that. You can just opt to go to the area on the planet to start them though if you want.

The Heroic daily on Ilum rewards a 22 Purple Enhancement I think. The one's on Belsavis rewards a 22 Purple Mod, and you can purchase 22 purple armorings and hilts/barrels via daily commendations. Be sure to run Ascendancy Barrier space mission (near Ilum) each day, as that also rewards a good chunk of credits and a daily com.
____________________________
Quote:
The thing about me is that apparently it's very hard to tell when I'm drunk. So I feel like I'm walking sideways on a UFO and everyone else sees me doing the robot like a pro.
- MojoVIII
i have bathed in the blood of many. my life was spent well.
feral druids do it on all fours.
The One True Prophet of Tonkism.

http://therewillbebrawl.com/
#12 May 07 2012 at 4:08 PM Rating: Good
***
2,820 posts
Quor wrote:
Imp side Corellia dailies start from an officer on the inner ring.

Ilum dailies should starts from someone on the fleet, but I can't remember exactly where.

You can also do Belsavis dailies, but again, memory escapes me where exactly I found the start to that. You can just opt to go to the area on the planet to start them though if you want.

The Heroic daily on Ilum rewards a 22 Purple Enhancement I think. The one's on Belsavis rewards a 22 Purple Mod, and you can purchase 22 purple armorings and hilts/barrels via daily commendations. Be sure to run Ascendancy Barrier space mission (near Ilum) each day, as that also rewards a good chunk of credits and a daily com.


I have the breadcrumb quest for the Ilum dailies, just haven't gone to do them yet. Now that I have finished Corellia I will start doing dailies every day (I get to play) while finishing up the Belsavis, Hoth, and Alderaan bonus series (in that order). On my "no child" weekends I will mix in some PVP to start earning commendations. I suppose I should just skip BM gear because I really don't care about being competitive in PVP until I have equivalent gear to everybody else. And by the time I have the comms, most of them should be close to full War Hero. My recruit gear will just have to do.

Oh, and thanks for the heads up on the space mission. I generally don't do those and wouldn't have thought it rewarded a daily commendation. I'll have to get some better ship parts before I can do the tougher space mission, though.

Where's the best place for a fresh 50 to get earpieces, implants, (willpower) shield generators, and relics?
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


World of Warcraft
Aggramar Alliance
Allizsah: 92 Human Paladin
#13 May 07 2012 at 4:21 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
They just added a bunch of willpower genreators and focii to artifice, so I'm guessing those will be available on the GTN. The dailies will let you buy implants and an earpiece.

You'll want to collect all three Red matrix shards and then use them to make a cube, which will give you over 58 Willpower, 58 Endurance and 24 Crit (no tankassin one as of right now). The light/dark vendor will provide you with another level-appropriate shard until you find something better.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#14 May 07 2012 at 4:23 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
8,775 posts
Bigdaddyjug wrote:
Quor wrote:
Imp side Corellia dailies start from an officer on the inner ring.

Ilum dailies should starts from someone on the fleet, but I can't remember exactly where.

You can also do Belsavis dailies, but again, memory escapes me where exactly I found the start to that. You can just opt to go to the area on the planet to start them though if you want.

The Heroic daily on Ilum rewards a 22 Purple Enhancement I think. The one's on Belsavis rewards a 22 Purple Mod, and you can purchase 22 purple armorings and hilts/barrels via daily commendations. Be sure to run Ascendancy Barrier space mission (near Ilum) each day, as that also rewards a good chunk of credits and a daily com.


I have the breadcrumb quest for the Ilum dailies, just haven't gone to do them yet. Now that I have finished Corellia I will start doing dailies every day (I get to play) while finishing up the Belsavis, Hoth, and Alderaan bonus series (in that order). On my "no child" weekends I will mix in some PVP to start earning commendations. I suppose I should just skip BM gear because I really don't care about being competitive in PVP until I have equivalent gear to everybody else. And by the time I have the comms, most of them should be close to full War Hero. My recruit gear will just have to do.

Oh, and thanks for the heads up on the space mission. I generally don't do those and wouldn't have thought it rewarded a daily commendation. I'll have to get some better ship parts before I can do the tougher space mission, though.

Where's the best place for a fresh 50 to get earpieces, implants, (willpower) shield generators, and relics?


You want that BM gear. In fact, you need it. Unranked WH gear requires you to trade in the appropriate BM piece in order to get it, and you won't be competing very successfully against teams decked out in BM and WH gear when you're just wearing Recruit. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but better that you know now right?

As for relics etc, you can purchase the Champion relics from the Recruit pvp vendor, and they're about 90% as good as Columi relics, the only major difference being Expertise in place of Power and a bit more Endurance (i.e. the active effects are identical).

Earpieces etc. I'd start by looking for crafted stuff that suits you. You can also opt to nab the BM earpieces/implants first, but I wouldn't recommend that. You can pick up Rakata implants/earpieces from daily commendation vendors on Ilum, Bel and Corellia. I'd say go for a crafted shield first, you can usually find some pretty good ones on the GTN, else just work towards the BM shield.
____________________________
Quote:
The thing about me is that apparently it's very hard to tell when I'm drunk. So I feel like I'm walking sideways on a UFO and everyone else sees me doing the robot like a pro.
- MojoVIII
i have bathed in the blood of many. my life was spent well.
feral druids do it on all fours.
The One True Prophet of Tonkism.

http://therewillbebrawl.com/
#15 May 07 2012 at 4:34 PM Rating: Good
***
2,820 posts
I have the 2 epic Champion relics, so I guess I'm set on those. A guildmate of mine was trying to craft me an earpiece, but it just doesn't seem better than the Recruit Survivor's earpiece I have. I'll have to check the GTN for shield generators and implants.
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


World of Warcraft
Aggramar Alliance
Allizsah: 92 Human Paladin
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 14 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (14)