Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

ZAM Rift Database Comments and FeedbackFollow

#1 Mar 12 2011 at 11:15 PM Rating: Excellent
The Great Pretender
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
****
6,633 posts
Folks, it LIVES! Gratuitous linky to the news post, go poke around! If you see anything out of the ordinary, please post it here.

Edited, Mar 17th 2011 12:09pm by Micajah
#2 Mar 13 2011 at 1:01 AM Rating: Excellent
9 posts
I'm very happy to see this! :]. Adding stuff to it now! :D
____________________________
Erik -- Silkweb -- Guardian
#3 Mar 13 2011 at 2:09 PM Rating: Decent
19 posts
Sweet! Lots of nice info!

However, there seems to be something wrong with the Runecrafter recipes. They all show "Stacks to 20" rather than what the Runes actual effect is.
#4 Mar 14 2011 at 8:37 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,486 posts
CyclopsSlayer wrote:
Sweet! Lots of nice info!

However, there seems to be something wrong with the Runecrafter recipes. They all show "Stacks to 20" rather than what the Runes actual effect is.


I'm seeing this same problem with some Outfitter stuff.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#5 Mar 14 2011 at 9:49 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
372 posts
Most of these issues are due to a lack of information in the data Trion provided. We're working with them to get these issues resolved and the important text provided on the items in the DB.
#6 Mar 14 2011 at 1:00 PM Rating: Decent
1 post
Very cool stuff, thanks :)
Are you also importing the french (and german) version?
My guild speaks french and we are playing in french
#7 Mar 14 2011 at 2:31 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
372 posts
Toresh wrote:
Very cool stuff, thanks :)
Are you also importing the french (and german) version?
My guild speaks french and we are playing in french


There's a good chance that we will have localized versions of the DB at some point in the future. Smiley: nod
#8 Mar 15 2011 at 12:32 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
71 posts
I seem to be having issues effectively adding comments on the database. is that not a feature implemented yet?
#9 Mar 15 2011 at 4:38 AM Rating: Excellent
Too Über for Title
*
188 posts
Comments system has been implemented, Please PM me with details of what you are doing to see if this is a localized issue or a bug.
____________________________
"If Its a Must, Its Up to US!" Help Contribute to ZAM Wiki's
"Im Nuts for Rift, Because i'm a Squirrel"
Bohtauri
#10 Mar 15 2011 at 8:06 AM Rating: Decent
7 posts
Runecrafting recipes are useless without knowing what it does and on what gear :I
____________________________


#11 Mar 15 2011 at 9:39 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
372 posts
Shikaryo wrote:
Runecrafting recipes are useless without knowing what it does and on what gear :I


All of the information found in the database right now was given to the public by Trion, so if something's missing it just wasn't in the data. That said, we're working with the Trion folks to try to alleviate the missing info and get you appropriate connections (like what you're talking about).
#12 Mar 15 2011 at 6:12 PM Rating: Decent
7 posts
thanks in advance (-_-)
____________________________


#13 Mar 15 2011 at 7:29 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
71 posts
Is there any way (or could there be) to sort for items by the zone they drop in? Could be incredibly useful for seeing what dungeons you still need to run.

Edited, Mar 15th 2011 9:29pm by Tyler1986
#14 Mar 15 2011 at 8:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
372 posts
At this point there isn't because location information was not included in the data dump from Trion. That said, we are working on a solution to this. It's coming soon, I promise.
#15 Mar 16 2011 at 7:15 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,486 posts
This whole relying on Trion thing seems incredibly inefficient... I suppose that a WoWreader type program wasn't an option though since they obviously don't allow addons at this point. Hopefully Trion will take care of the problems soon :).
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#16 Mar 16 2011 at 7:37 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
372 posts
Vataro wrote:
This whole relying on Trion thing seems incredibly inefficient... I suppose that a WoWreader type program wasn't an option though since they obviously don't allow addons at this point. Hopefully Trion will take care of the problems soon :).


It is and it isn't at the same time. There are some cool things that they're providing for us that we probably couldn't get from an AddOn, like shard firsts.
#17 Mar 16 2011 at 7:41 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,486 posts
Micajah wrote:
Vataro wrote:
This whole relying on Trion thing seems incredibly inefficient... I suppose that a WoWreader type program wasn't an option though since they obviously don't allow addons at this point. Hopefully Trion will take care of the problems soon :).


It is and it isn't at the same time. There are some cool things that they're providing for us that we probably couldn't get from an AddOn, like shard firsts.


Actually, that brings up a good point. I haven't found a place to look at those in game and I'd really like to be able to see them. Is that part of the database already? I didn't see it in the news post.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#18 Mar 16 2011 at 1:50 PM Rating: Decent
2 posts
Will you be supporting item tooltips similar to what is done for wowhead?

Link: http://www.wowhead.com/tooltips

Thanks!
#19 Mar 16 2011 at 2:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
372 posts
gweniver wrote:
Will you be supporting item tooltips similar to what is done for wowhead?

Link: http://www.wowhead.com/tooltips

Thanks!


Yup! An almost identical system can be found here: http://rift.zam.com/enhancements.html

Let me know if you post it up somewhere, and we'll make a news post about it!
#20 Mar 16 2011 at 2:58 PM Rating: Decent
1 post
I noticed that a "dropped by" tab was added. I was going to add some drop locations to items, but when I hit submit nothing shows up. Is it being submitted for review, or is it a bug?
#21 Mar 16 2011 at 7:34 PM Rating: Excellent
*
226 posts
It's part of the site that shouldn't be live yet, code was accidentally pushed out.

It'll be live tomorrow and work properly. Sorry for the confusion.
____________________________
Ryan "Draknorr" Bohmann
#22 Mar 17 2011 at 1:34 AM Rating: Excellent
$title{308642}
*****
0X317A posts
Are you still having trouble submitting data? I take the blame for working late nights and adding extra checks on things to make sure we don't display things before we should. Thank you for wanting to help out and submit things. Post here and/or PM me if you still have issues.
____________________________
Since 1 March 2004

Rift Signature
#23 Mar 17 2011 at 10:33 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
372 posts
The issue should now be fixed.
#24 Mar 19 2011 at 6:43 PM Rating: Decent
9 posts
New databases are popping up now. I hope ZAM survives the initial run. I know that ZAM got first grabs at it (first released :D). Good job on the speed folks! I've been a bit busy as of late, but I'm adding content when I can :D
____________________________
Erik -- Silkweb -- Guardian
#25 Mar 19 2011 at 7:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
372 posts
erikashkir wrote:
New databases are popping up now. I hope ZAM survives the initial run. I know that ZAM got first grabs at it (first released :D). Good job on the speed folks! I've been a bit busy as of late, but I'm adding content when I can :D


We're keeping up so far, Ashkir. :D

Keep up the good work man!
#26 Mar 20 2011 at 12:12 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
8 posts
1. when is Rifthead.com comin out? and 2. there needs to be more people contributing. I'm not saying this to gripe or piss and moan about the lack of info like who drops what and such but rather for everyone to spread the word and get people to contribute even if everyone contributes at least twice that would be a big help.
____________________________





Rift Signature
#27 Mar 20 2011 at 2:51 PM Rating: Decent
10 posts
Is this something that one of your database admins can easily do?

Antiquarian Boofs, Antiquarian Rebat, Antiquarian Femmar and Antiquarian Ceril all sell the exact same 53 items in Sanctum. These are the four Plaque of Achievement vendors for T1 quality gear.

I went through the npc2item add thing on Antiquarian Rebat to add all 53 items and was wondering if there's a magical way in the background that you could just copy this data to the other 3 vendors. I don't mind doing it manually one at a time, but it seems that that would be work-time that could be spent adding other unique vendors lists into the DB.

Thanks! If I don't see a response or the data copied over to them by Monday afternoon or so I'll go ahead and manually do the additions to the remaining three no problem.

Anca
Shadefallen
Guardian

Edit - On this easy duplication request - another that is identical throughout the world appears to the be the tradeskill vendors. Have only checked Sanctum against Fortune's Shore so far, but they are all 100% identical vendor wares. If there does become an easy way to do this duplication, would be easy enough to get a list of all the "Novice Butchers" and so forth together so that the information could just be duplicated throughout the DB instead of having to manually input each one. Either way, we'll get it done, just looking to work smarter, not harder. :)

Edited, Mar 20th 2011 6:34pm by AncallagonSF
#28 Mar 20 2011 at 3:45 PM Rating: Good
10 posts
Problem with npc2item -

Trying to add the Prestige Rank 4 Sentinel's Longsword to Templar Artimus's Sold list.

When putting in the name of "Sentinel's Longsword" it populates with 10 choices, none being the pvp one. This is because there are 25 Sentinel's Longswords in the database, with lots of suffixes.

Probably not a common problem overall, but something that makes it impossible to currently add that to his sold list.

Thanks,

Anca

Edit - this problem is a bit more common than I first thought - the various common items vendors (Ranged weapons, etc) have items that apprently also have tons of suffixed versions out there. Delura in Fortune's Shore I couldn't complete because of the same issue. 2 of her weapons yield too many results and not the generic common one.

Edited, Mar 20th 2011 6:26pm by AncallagonSF
#29 Mar 20 2011 at 11:46 PM Rating: Decent
*
200 posts
I know this is all on Trion's end but rare and uncommon materials are missing, like Brightshale, Dead Core's and Shimmering Core's.
#30 Mar 21 2011 at 5:25 AM Rating: Decent
1 post
I love this site. You guys did a great job.
I only need to see one more thing added to the DB.
Would like to see a List of Mats and what zone
they are in.
This is my problem now. I'm 63 in gathering and
I can't find anything to level up on. All I'm
finding in Stone Field is level 70+ and 35 and lower.
I could sure use some help with this.
#31 Mar 21 2011 at 9:35 AM Rating: Decent
*
200 posts
Twillow wrote:
I love this site. You guys did a great job.
I only need to see one more thing added to the DB.
Would like to see a List of Mats and what zone
they are in.
This is my problem now. I'm 63 in gathering and
I can't find anything to level up on. All I'm
finding in Stone Field is level 70+ and 35 and lower.
I could sure use some help with this.


Foraging

This has the list you are looking for. At least most of it.
#32 Mar 21 2011 at 11:22 AM Rating: Excellent
Bad j00 j00
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
***
2,157 posts
AncallagonSF wrote:
Problem with npc2item -

Trying to add the Prestige Rank 4 Sentinel's Longsword to Templar Artimus's Sold list.

When putting in the name of "Sentinel's Longsword" it populates with 10 choices, none being the pvp one. This is because there are 25 Sentinel's Longswords in the database, with lots of suffixes.

Probably not a common problem overall, but something that makes it impossible to currently add that to his sold list.

Thanks,

Anca

Edit - this problem is a bit more common than I first thought - the various common items vendors (Ranged weapons, etc) have items that apprently also have tons of suffixed versions out there. Delura in Fortune's Shore I couldn't complete because of the same issue. 2 of her weapons yield too many results and not the generic common one.

Edited, Mar 20th 2011 6:26pm by AncallagonSF


You should be able to find those types of items, now. I've started sorting by the length of the name of the item to make this possible.

Thanks for taking the time to explain the issue!
#33 Mar 21 2011 at 11:42 AM Rating: Decent
10 posts
Thanks for that, will get stuff flowing in again in a bit today inbetween doing work for my job.

Also - the sort functions on the item sold lists - sort by name doesn't actually sort by alphabet. I don't know what it's sorting by, but just taking Templar Artimus as an example, if you sort by name, you either get the list starting with S and going to C second, or if you invert the sort list, it starts at E and then goes to C. Awesome, looks like you fixed this one!


Let's see - one other thing since I'm posting here -

How does one get something removed from a sold list? Whoever started filling in the items for Templar Artimus put in the wrong Exemplar's Gauntlets (there are two in the game, one from plaques of achievement and one for pvp). The ones currently there are the plaque version. You can tell because they don't require rank 4 prestige. Need to remove those one's from Templar Artimus's sold list if possible.

Is there a error reporting tool/emailbox/spot for us to put errors if we've made them or if we notice them while doing this stuff?



Edited, Mar 21st 2011 3:34pm by AncallagonSF
#34 Mar 21 2011 at 1:22 PM Rating: Decent
10 posts
Yet more! An enhancement to make things even easier on us adding stuff in (no, I'm not being lazy, I'm just thinking of ways to make it better for all of us to contribute here and get this database built!).

add2item - when typing in the name of the item, it requires that you type in the name from the beginning. This is also true for the big search box up in the upper right of the screen. In order for it to populate a drop down list, you have to have the start of the item in the search field. I'm fairly used to wowhead, where if I was looking for all the metal bars, I could type in "bar" and it'd drop down or populate with everything with bar in the name, not just things that start with "bar."

Would love this functionality in the add2item part. A for instance -

Adding the grinding stones to the npc's that sell them. Currently, have to go in and type "Coarse Gri" "Fine Gri" "Superior Gri" and "Premium Gri" into the field and select the items that way.

If the search was not so specific, I could type in "Grinding", it'd populate the selection list with all 4 stones, and I could very quickly choose each one to add.

I hope this makes sense! In the grand scheme, this is a low-priority type enhancement. Would make things a bit easier, but also going forward for the general search function, would be nice not to have to be so specific in order to get a drop down box with what you are looking for. Sure, hitting enter on the search will give all results, but a selectable from dropdown (ala wowhead) would be just awesome.

Thanks again! I'll keep plugging away at vendors!

Edited, Mar 21st 2011 3:24pm by AncallagonSF
#35 Mar 21 2011 at 2:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Database Master
*
55 posts
everything AncallagonSF has been suggesting would be GREAT, I mean sh*t I would love it if you just let us add via csv we upload, but a radio button selectable list would just make things SO much faster, also more type selections we could get would be awesome, for example consumables/armor types/reputations. Thanks for listening to us on what could be used to improve this process, hopefully we can get to the point where everything is there and we can really start making it shine :D
#36 Mar 21 2011 at 3:26 PM Rating: Decent
10 posts
Looks like name sorting is fixed, however it broke price sorting.

Using Antiquarian Rebat as an example, sorting by price either way results in a mix-match of information. Slot and Type still sort correctly, just price appears to be messed up now.

Thanks!

Edit - thanks for the quick fix!

Edited, Mar 21st 2011 7:02pm by AncallagonSF
#37 Mar 21 2011 at 3:51 PM Rating: Decent
Database Master
*
55 posts
*edit ERrrrrr seems to be fixed now ty guys :D

Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:52pm by pquegg
#38 Mar 21 2011 at 3:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Bad j00 j00
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
***
2,157 posts
AncallagonSF wrote:

add2item - when typing in the name of the item, it requires that you type in the name from the beginning. This is also true for the big search box up in the upper right of the screen. In order for it to populate a drop down list, you have to have the start of the item in the search field. I'm fairly used to wowhead, where if I was looking for all the metal bars, I could type in "bar" and it'd drop down or populate with everything with bar in the name, not just things that start with "bar."


That kind of query is extremely hard on the database server and often search suggestions need to be disabled on wowhead in order to keep the site up during patch day.

We've opted for a more optimized query so we do not need to micromanage our code during peak usage times so the sites can remain operational.

I'll put some thought into how we can make the searching better for the data entry, though. Obviously that's going to be used far less than a site search.
#39 Mar 21 2011 at 4:21 PM Rating: Decent
10 posts
Fair enough! I'd rather have good performance throughput anyway, didn't know it'd slog things down that badly at times.

One question from up above may have been skipped over - the ability to copy vendor sold tables from one person to the next - is that a possibility if we provide a list of names of vendors who carry the exact same items, can they be copied in the background so there's no need to manually enter the exact same list x number of times?

Thanks much for the quick fixes on stuff so far!

Will keep adding stuff throughout the day.
#40 Mar 21 2011 at 4:28 PM Rating: Decent
9 posts
http://rift.zam.com/en/item/9CCA8E1A01010101/Flesh-Grinder#Dropped_By

Can I get the level 30 Krasimir removed? Added it by mistake.

Also, for the npc2item, it'll help if we can see the NPC level for dungeons. It'll come in handy for bosses as loot is different in let's say expert then regular.
____________________________
Erik -- Silkweb -- Guardian
#41 Mar 21 2011 at 4:57 PM Rating: Decent
10 posts
Mistakes -

Antiquarian Rebat -

Occultist's Boots (Prestige Rank 1) - remove please
Occultist's Gloves (Prestige Rank 1) - remove please
Occultist's Pantaloons (Prestige Rank 3) - remove please

The top two were mistakes from not being able to mouseover and see which item it was and not checking the icon close enough (which I didn't realize was different looking when building that vendor yesterday). The bottom one must have just been a stupid mistake, since the plaque one's are called occultist's leggings, not pantaloons.

Antiquarian Boofs has the correct load out (or will shortly)
#42 Mar 21 2011 at 5:03 PM Rating: Decent
1 post
When trying to adding items that require two types of currencies to buy from vendors, only 1 is showing up.
Like if an item costs 2 vile sourceshards and 500 planarite, only 1 of those is shown in the Price column.
Am I doing something wrong here??

Look up "Jerel Wren" and you'll see what I mean.
#43 Mar 21 2011 at 5:10 PM Rating: Decent
10 posts
jslpmec wrote:
When trying to adding items that require two types of currencies to buy from vendors, only 1 is showing up.
Like if an item costs 2 vile sourceshards and 500 planarite, only 1 of those is shown in the Price column.
Am I doing something wrong here??

Look up "Jerel Wren" and you'll see what I mean.



Yeah, my guess would be when they fixed the price sorting something went buggy. They've been pretty snappy about getting things fixed, so I imagine it'll get there shortly. Hopefully the DB didn't lose all the currency information and it's just hidden somewhere for now. That'd suck to have to retype all that to correct.
#44 Mar 21 2011 at 7:32 PM Rating: Excellent
Too Über for Title
*
188 posts
erikashkir wrote:
for the npc2item, it'll help if we can see the NPC level for dungeons. It'll come in handy for bosses as loot is different in let's say expert then regular.


If your wanting to add loot for dungeon bosses, go to Database > Zones > Instances in the drop down menu, direct links to bosses are now on every instance page. There are "almost" identical page for bosses as some will be 52 elite (expert) and their regular counterparts. Remember to check their level in the quick facts box.
____________________________
"If Its a Must, Its Up to US!" Help Contribute to ZAM Wiki's
"Im Nuts for Rift, Because i'm a Squirrel"
Bohtauri
#45 Mar 21 2011 at 7:39 PM Rating: Excellent
The Great Pretender
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
****
6,633 posts
jslpmec wrote:
When trying to adding items that require two types of currencies to buy from vendors, only 1 is showing up.
Like if an item costs 2 vile sourceshards and 500 planarite, only 1 of those is shown in the Price column.
Am I doing something wrong here??

Look up "Jerel Wren" and you'll see what I mean.


I have alerted the Very Smart People.
____________________________
User Image
ZAM QA Lead
EverQuest II || Free Realms
My Non-Gaming Blog
I see rude people.
#46 Mar 22 2011 at 11:03 AM Rating: Excellent
Webmonkey
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
**
707 pandas
jslpmec wrote:
When trying to adding items that require two types of currencies to buy from vendors, only 1 is showing up.
Like if an item costs 2 vile sourceshards and 500 planarite, only 1 of those is shown in the Price column.
Am I doing something wrong here??

Look up "Jerel Wren" and you'll see what I mean.

This has been fixed, thanks for the info.
#47 Mar 22 2011 at 7:11 PM Rating: Decent
Database Master
*
55 posts
Was trying to add direct item links, with tooltips, to the Dragonslayers faction page but cant for the life of my get it to work, is item db linking not allowed yet for rift wiki pages? or am I just doing wrong, I thought all I needed to do was
 
((Rift Items:Drake Fillet|Drake Fillet)) 

using ( instead of [ because it makes it bork on the forums even though I have it in a forced code block. Thanks for the help in advance.
#48 Mar 22 2011 at 10:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Too Über for Title
*
188 posts
You have "Rift Items" as pural, when it should be singular as ((Rift Item:You Mistake This For An Upgrade))
____________________________
"If Its a Must, Its Up to US!" Help Contribute to ZAM Wiki's
"Im Nuts for Rift, Because i'm a Squirrel"
Bohtauri
#49 Mar 22 2011 at 10:59 PM Rating: Decent
1 post
My little gripe would be the profession under the Database tab is labeled "Alchemist," which should be an easy fix to change it to "Apothecary," yes? The other professions are correct. :)
#50 Mar 23 2011 at 12:51 AM Rating: Excellent
The Great Pretender
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
****
6,633 posts
XxCaylennaxX wrote:
My little gripe would be the profession under the Database tab is labeled "Alchemist," which should be an easy fix to change it to "Apothecary," yes? The other professions are correct. :)


I will follow up on that one in the morning!
____________________________
User Image
ZAM QA Lead
EverQuest II || Free Realms
My Non-Gaming Blog
I see rude people.
#51 Mar 23 2011 at 4:43 AM Rating: Decent
Database Master
*
55 posts
Bohtauri wrote:
You have "Rift Items" as pural, when it should be singular as ((Rift Item:You Mistake This For An Upgrade))

tried it without the "s" still no go :/
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 21 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (21)