Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

FF XIII: Lightning's Return Pre-Order Bonus: Cloud's CostumeFollow

#1 Jul 02 2013 at 2:21 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
87 posts
Lawl, I'm sure this might anger a particular niche in the FF Fanbase xD Old School Players Rant One! Two! Three! GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://m.youtube.com/#/results?q=lightning%20returns&oq=lightning%20ret&gs_l=youtube-reduced.1.0.0l3j0i3.982.5309.0.6674.13.6.0.7.7.0.170.794.0j6.6.0...0.0...1ac.1.5.youtube-reduced.ARjppCvSryk
#2 Jul 02 2013 at 2:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,516 posts
So basically, Lightning is now Erza Scarlett. Or the YuRiPa trio from X-2.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#3 Jul 02 2013 at 2:32 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
87 posts
While Square Enix will not make a new version of FF VII. They think you will love this costume.
#4 Jul 02 2013 at 2:43 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
Square Enix... Milking FFVII since 1997
____________________________
MUTED
#5 Jul 02 2013 at 2:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
1,297 posts
Personally, I think Lightning wears it better. Smiley: cool
#6 Jul 02 2013 at 2:46 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
87 posts
Square Enix seems to want Lightning to be the female eqivalent of Cloud.
#7 Jul 02 2013 at 2:50 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
1,675 posts
On a related yet unrelated note, I think I'm going to pick up XIII-2 for $20.

I played the demo awhile ago and it was better than XIII. I have some time to play so...

----

Lightning Returns doesn't really interest me or anger me but I am excited for XV.
#8 Jul 02 2013 at 3:13 PM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
IvanStine207 wrote:
Square Enix seems to want Lightning to be the female eqivalent of Cloud.


Actually it was an order, to make the main character of XIII be a female cloud.
____________________________
MUTED
#9 Jul 02 2013 at 3:30 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
972 posts
I saw. It sounded stupid but they did a good job with it if you watch the video. It looks better than the ridiculous Lightning Returns costume in my opinion.

Does anyone know if there's Party members in this or if you only play as Lightning? I saw Noel in the trailer but I'm not sure if he's going to be a Party member or just an enemy.
#10 Jul 02 2013 at 4:32 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
598 posts
Killua125 wrote:
I saw. It sounded stupid but they did a good job with it if you watch the video. It looks better than the ridiculous Lightning Returns costume in my opinion.

Does anyone know if there's Party members in this or if you only play as Lightning? I saw Noel in the trailer but I'm not sure if he's going to be a Party member or just an enemy.


You only play as lightning.

I'm actually just now reading the Game Informer review.

"Lightning is alone this time, but the basic flow of combat feels familiar. Players can wail away on foes until their ATB meter drains. Once an ATB bar is depleted, you can swap to a new schema (this entrys version of paradigms) for a fresh assault. Meanwhile ATB of Lightning's other schema replenish. These schema let Lightning instantly swap between a selection of offensive and defensive maneuvers.
Like FFX-2, these combat modes are linked to various outfits."

There's also a timer/countdown that runs while you play. She'll only have 13 days to to prevent the apocalypse.

I'm actually interested to see how this handles.

Edited, Jul 2nd 2013 6:34pm by ShindaUsagi
____________________________
Sour Cherry
#11 Jul 02 2013 at 4:59 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,102 posts
13 days? Please, you'll probably only need 13 hours.
____________________________
------------------
#12 Jul 02 2013 at 5:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
598 posts
Ryklin the Malevolent wrote:
13 days? Please, you'll probably only need 13 hours.



Your sarcasm noted, I should assume 13 'game' days.
____________________________
Sour Cherry
#13 Jul 02 2013 at 5:06 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,102 posts
ShindaUsagi wrote:
Ryklin the Malevolent wrote:
13 days? Please, you'll probably only need 13 hours.



Your sarcasm noted, I should assume 13 'game' days.



That's my assumption also, though we can always hope for more!
____________________________
------------------
#14 Jul 02 2013 at 5:07 PM Rating: Decent
*
153 posts
IvanStine207 wrote:
Lawl, I'm sure this might anger a particular niche in the FF Fanbase xD Old School Players Rant One! Two! Three! GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://m.youtube.com/#/results?q=lightning%20returns&oq=lightning%20ret&gs_l=youtube-reduced.1.0.0l3j0i3.982.5309.0.6674.13.6.0.7.7.0.170.794.0j6.6.0...0.0...1ac.1.5.youtube-reduced.ARjppCvSryk


Not that I have a strong opinion one way or the other, but I do find it interesting that Square Enix is intent almost to the point of obsession about pushing this title which is objectively the least favored by the fans/gaming community out of any non-mmo entry into the series. (I suppose XII could also be considered in the same category of love/hate relationship.)

I suppose it's mostly a cost-effectiveness issue at this point... they know they'll continue to profit off a team/graphics engine that's already in place, rather than abandon a project which as this point essentially only carries fixed costs.

One point I wonder if they consider however is that the mere release of each new entry into the XIII lineup disenfranchises customers who at one point were considered loyal... it detracts from the customers who would normally buy the game no matter what, no questions asked. I'm also sure that the last several years of releases by SE have not created many "diehards" of the newer gaming generation, like their entries did in the 90s and early 2000s.

Edited, Jul 2nd 2013 7:09pm by ClydesShadow
#15 Jul 02 2013 at 5:16 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
972 posts
I believe I read somewhere that they had so much unused assets and artwork after XIII that if they didn't use them to create sequels, they would pretty much be throwing money away.

Nomura said there will probably be XV sequels in a recent Famitsu, probably for the same reasons.

Edited, Jul 2nd 2013 7:16pm by Killua125
#16 Jul 02 2013 at 5:20 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
598 posts
Killua125 wrote:
I believe I read somewhere that they had so much unused assets and artwork after XIII that if they didn't use them to create sequels, they would pretty much be throwing money away.

Nomura said there will probably be XV sequels in a recent Famitsu, probably for the same reasons.

Edited, Jul 2nd 2013 7:16pm by Killua125



I really don't see any issue with this. It's not Capcom throwing an "Ultimate" version out 2 months after release. Plus, I'm not looking for the holy grail of FF titles anymore. I can tolerate/sometimes appreciate them for what they are.
____________________________
Sour Cherry
#17 Jul 02 2013 at 5:38 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,568 posts
Ostia wrote:
IvanStine207 wrote:
Square Enix seems to want Lightning to be the female eqivalent of Cloud.


Actually it was an order, to make the main character of XIII be a female cloud.
Between this and Yahtzee's review of FFXIII, I don't think anyone can actually question that now.
____________________________
Products of boredom: 1 2 3 4 5
Besieged
Hopes for FFXIV: Fencer | Red Mage
#18 Jul 02 2013 at 5:41 PM Rating: Good
*
200 posts
XV is shaping up to e a pretty good looking game though. I would probably buy sequels of it just based of the clips we have seen so far. Looks like it plays similar to KH fighting style. I was already going to buy lightning returns but now ill pre order for the cloud suit lol. I know not everyone is big on fan service, but I LOVE EET! Just as long as they don't have an ACTUAL seph pop out to fight or something.. 7 was my first rpg and first ff so any and everything that comes out with it I WILL buy it lol.


Edit: Btw have you guys seen this? Love it! lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uIHNUcIOaRQ

Edited, Jul 2nd 2013 7:47pm by SaitoMishima
____________________________
[IMG]http://www.avatarsdb.com/avatars/anime_avatar_01.gif[/IMG]
#19 Jul 02 2013 at 5:56 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,953 posts
I'm assuming this got moved here?
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#20 Jul 02 2013 at 5:58 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,211 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I'm assuming this got moved here?


Probably from the FF14 boards, they like to go offtopic.

Edited, Jul 2nd 2013 6:58pm by BeanX
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#21 Jul 02 2013 at 6:07 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
15,068 posts
Some Moderator just wanted to make it look like I posted **** without first looking to see if it was already posted. Smiley: mad
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#22 Jul 02 2013 at 6:13 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,325 posts
Yeah, it was on the FFXIV boards. =X
#23 Jul 02 2013 at 8:35 PM Rating: Good
BeanX the Irrelevant wrote:
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I'm assuming this got moved here?


Probably from the FF14 boards, they like to go offtopic.


They have actual new names there, too. Ones I don't recognize.

It's weird.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129


Join us in the =4 subreddit!
#24 Jul 02 2013 at 8:45 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
15,068 posts
IDrownFish of the Seven Seas wrote:
They have actual new names there, too. Ones I don't recognize.

It's weird.


New people on Allakhazam? Lies.

I probably should go check out the FFXIV forums, now that I've preordered the game and plan on playing...

I just kind of realized something. Is the FFXI skin the only one that still uses the Allakhazam url? Most of the other ones I've ever gone to are zam.com now. Or maybe it's just that everyone posting links with the other skins is using the zam site instead of allakhazam these days?

Edited, Jul 2nd 2013 10:47pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#25 Jul 02 2013 at 9:23 PM Rating: Good
The WoW skin still does.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129


Join us in the =4 subreddit!
#26 Jul 02 2013 at 9:24 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
598 posts
IDrownFish of the Seven Seas wrote:
BeanX the Irrelevant wrote:
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I'm assuming this got moved here?


Probably from the FF14 boards, they like to go offtopic.


They have actual new names there, too. Ones I don't recognize.

It's weird.


Low post counts?! Blasphemy!!!
____________________________
Sour Cherry
#27 Jul 02 2013 at 9:25 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
15,068 posts
I thought Usagi got banned, and why is his post count so low?
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#28 Jul 02 2013 at 9:28 PM Rating: Decent
TirithRR wrote:
I thought Usagi got banned, and why is his post count so low?

He got unbanned awhile ago. Back when Pikko still was admin on the XI boards. Made a short video of her giving back access in the form of a piece of paper.
____________________________
If cookies were milk and milk was cookies. Would Oreo's still be america's favorite brand of milk?
#29 Jul 02 2013 at 9:29 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
15,068 posts
(That's not him though, right? I was just joking...)
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#30 Jul 02 2013 at 9:38 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
598 posts
TirithRR wrote:
(That's not him though, right? I was just joking...)


Yeah, definitely not "him". Don't let the post count fool you. I've been rocking alla' for years.
____________________________
Sour Cherry
#31 Jul 02 2013 at 9:48 PM Rating: Good
******
44,275 posts
TirithRR wrote:
I probably should go check out the FFXIV forums, now that I've preordered the game and plan on playing...
It's a lot like a zoo, if you gave all the monkeys near-lethal amounts of ecstasy.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#32 Jul 02 2013 at 9:52 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
15,068 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
I probably should go check out the FFXIV forums, now that I've preordered the game and plan on playing...
It's a lot like a zoo, if you gave all the monkeys near-lethal amounts of ecstasy.


Chris Griffin, "Boy, there is a lot of ***** in here."
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#33 Jul 02 2013 at 10:26 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,797 posts
ShindaUsagi wrote:
Like FFX-2, these combat modes are linked to various outfits.
Smiley: yippee

____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 50 All times are in CST
Demea, Szabo, Turin, Anonymous Guests (47)