Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Final Fantasy XVFollow

#477 Jul 14 2013 at 3:29 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,852 posts
Crates and Boxes too.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#478 Jul 14 2013 at 3:33 PM Rating: Good
******
20,020 posts
I decided I don't like the way Hyurs look when casting with a scepter. I like it with a staff though.

Still, I think that's sufficient for ruling them out. Not that this is final, of course.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#479 Jul 14 2013 at 3:52 PM Rating: Good
***
2,265 posts
Well I leveled a lancer to 18 Went way faster, Woodworking to 11, I like the way crafting works overall, with it being a class that you level. But I still go back to making 30 ash boards is slow and dull specially the way the system works. Each Item has a "base" xp gain, the more HQ you gain the more xp is boosted. So even making boards takes forever. I Ran into a snag I had no ice crystals for Lvls 10-20 crafts and really had no clue where to get them, I could have looked it up but meh I wanted to keep crafting, sort of a turn off honestly.

Idk where is "Better" starting area, Im leaning towards the forest since its nice having conj to heal you. But I ran into way more people at the desert. I havent leveled a Marauder yet so not sure how busy that area is.

____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#480 Jul 14 2013 at 3:57 PM Rating: Decent
******
20,020 posts
BeanX the Irrelevant wrote:
Well I leveled a lancer to 18 Went way faster, Woodworking to 11, I like the way crafting works overall, with it being a class that you level. But I still go back to making 30 ash boards is slow and dull specially the way the system works. Each Item has a "base" xp gain, the more HQ you gain the more xp is boosted. So even making boards takes forever. I Ran into a snag I had no ice crystals for Lvls 10-20 crafts and really had no clue where to get them, I could have looked it up but meh I wanted to keep crafting, sort of a turn off honestly.

Idk where is "Better" starting area, Im leaning towards the forest since its nice having conj to heal you. But I ran into way more people at the desert. I havent leveled a Marauder yet so not sure how busy that area is.



Protip: If you have no interest in playing the logistics game, you don't like crafting. In any game. Ever.

Figuring out what you need, where to get it, what to make with it, how to use it/where to sell it (and to whom), is really the very essence of the entire content area.

Just jumping headfirst in is a great way to learn some info about the crafting process, but it's only a good strategy in games that have literally no depth to the crafting system. For example, WoW.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#481 Jul 14 2013 at 4:00 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
I doubt that I'll do much more crafting than is necessary to be able to put materia in my gear.
____________________________
Banh
#482 Jul 14 2013 at 4:09 PM Rating: Decent
******
20,020 posts
How is materia working in this game? Is it just them using an FF term for gems, or are they actually giving abilities?

Because, shockingly, I'm 100% okay with the latter. I think that would be really great... Nothing important enough to be a must-have, but it would be great if there were ways to really augment your rotations with materia to suit various situations.

And they could add more incentive to playing as a class, versus a job, by restricting materia ability options with jobs.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#483 Jul 14 2013 at 4:13 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
I'd be OK with materia abilities as long as those materia weren't terribly difficult to obtain. Subclass abilities are already restricted on jobs anyway, so I would assume any materia abilities would be too.

It's all stats and resistances that I can see on the Market Board.

Edited, Jul 14th 2013 6:14pm by Spoonless
____________________________
Banh
#484 Jul 14 2013 at 4:16 PM Rating: Decent
******
20,020 posts
Spoonless wrote:
I'd be OK with materia abilities as long as those materia weren't terribly difficult to obtain. Subclass abilities are already restricted on jobs anyway, so I would assume any materia abilities would be too.

It's all stats and resistances that I can see on the Market Board.

Edited, Jul 14th 2013 6:14pm by Spoonless


That's somewhat sad. But not all materia in FF7 gave abilities, iirc. They would be really great quest rewards, when you think about it. And there's always room to expand into it.

At the very least, they should make some interesting gem sets. Sets that do things like bestow enfire.

[EDIT]

Actually, as soon as I posted it, Enfire might be a great example of something worth putting in. It would be weaker than the First of Fire ability, and the Enfire spell (if Rdm ever gets added), but strong enough to be a nice effect. At the same time, because you want to match resistances, it would be even further restricted from being competitive - Monks and Rdms can switch their elements, you wouldn't be able to.

Edited, Jul 14th 2013 6:19pm by idiggory
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#485 Jul 14 2013 at 4:22 PM Rating: Good
***
2,265 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:

Protip: If you have no interest in playing the logistics game, you don't like crafting. In any game. Ever.


Ive always liked crafting when theres an AH to buy stuff, or atleast a bazaar to find stuff. GW2 I liked crafting, FFXI i liked crafting, WoW I liked crafting.

Quote:
Figuring out what you need, where to get it, what to make with it, how to use it/where to sell it (and to whom), is really the very essence of the entire content area.


No Running around trying to find crystals which are the main ingredient of a recipe is not "fun". If the game gave some clue or I deduced where I could get said crystals that would be fun and enjoyable. Basic Progression tells me that I start with the low level mats and move up and as I move up in levels the Items I need to gather should come naturally.

Like I said I have NO clue where to even start to find ice crystals. Becuase I should have got them while leveling 10-18 On my Lancer if progression was right. Having to look up crap online is not fun, And Im not going to just run around randomly attacking things hoping to have them drop crystals. If you asked me to find the other ingredients fine I can do that. Logic tells me where I can most likely find them based on Craft level and item Im looking for. I Mean you dont make a lvl 2 synth need raid only mats right?


____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#486 Jul 14 2013 at 4:27 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
You probably get them from a similarly leveled gathering class, which would make sense. So instead of your Lancer 10-18, you would get them on your Miner or Botanist or Fisherman. I mean, there should be a reason for gathering professions to exist, right?

Edited, Jul 14th 2013 6:28pm by Spoonless
____________________________
Banh
#487 Jul 14 2013 at 4:34 PM Rating: Good
***
2,265 posts
Spoonless wrote:
You probably get them from a similarly leveled gathering class, which would make sense. So instead of your Lancer 10-18, you would get them on your Miner or Botanist or Fisherman. I mean, there should be a reason for gathering professions to exist, right?

Edited, Jul 14th 2013 6:28pm by Spoonless


Yeah That makes complete sense, but Im used to most games having mats drop as you level (Basic mats) or gathering them as you level. Crystals they seemed to give a ton for quests I mean I leveled 1-11 using only crystals from quests. So I assumed that I would keep getting them from quests. See my logic there. I understand your logic to, and it make sense but getting Ice crystals from gathering wood? Its kind of a stretch, I havent done a gathering class yet so Im not sure about it atm.

Edit: I could see them coming from fishing but that would suck as its not in game yet.

Edited, Jul 14th 2013 5:34pm by BeanX
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#488 Jul 14 2013 at 4:39 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
A quick search is showing some peopel having trouble finding fire and ice right now. General advice is mining and botany, plus fieldcraft levequests.

A Botany guide turns up this:
Quote:
Level 5 Nodes are located just outside the Blue Badger Gate . There are a good 4-6 nodes available in a cluster here, lending itself to a nice rotation of harvesting. These nodes contain:

Ice Shard
Wind Shard
Maple Log
Maple Branch
Latex
Allagan Snail


We should see these types of materials popping up on the market, too.
____________________________
Banh
#489 Jul 14 2013 at 4:43 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
I think that right now, there aren't a huge amount of people doing a ton of crafting. When characters become permanent, you'll see people craft, and with that the demand for materials will also go up, and many will be working on fieldcraft classes in order to generate materials and money. I know getting crystals from logging trees or mining ore seems silly, but just think of it as a byproduct of the process, I guess. Smiley: lol
____________________________
Banh
#490 Jul 14 2013 at 4:44 PM Rating: Good
***
2,265 posts
Spoonless wrote:

Quote:
Level 5 Nodes are located just outside the Blue Badger Gate . There are a good 4-6 nodes available in a cluster here, lending itself to a nice rotation of harvesting. These nodes contain:

Ice Shard
Wind Shard
Maple Log
Maple Branch
Latex
Allagan Snail



Sounds Kinky Smiley: sly

Edited, Jul 14th 2013 5:44pm by BeanX

Edited, Jul 14th 2013 5:57pm by BeanX

Edited, Jul 14th 2013 5:57pm by BeanX
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#491 Jul 14 2013 at 4:51 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,852 posts
My THM has Ice Shard marked off on it's gathering log, so I found it somewhere... Gathering Log lists South Shroud and Western La Noscea. So it was probably Botanist in South Shroud.

Edit:
You can also get shards from Elemental enemies.

Edited, Jul 14th 2013 6:55pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#492 Jul 14 2013 at 4:54 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
BeanX the Irrelevant wrote:
Spoonless wrote:

Quote:
Level 5 Nodes are located just outside the Blue Badger Gate . There are a good 4-6 nodes available in a cluster here, lending itself to a nice rotation of harvesting. These nodes contain:

Ice Shard
Wind Shard
Maple Log
Maple Branch
Latex
Allagan Snail



Sounds Kinky Smiley: sly

Edited, Jul 14th 2013 5:44pm by BeanX
I liked it better the other way.
____________________________
Banh
#493 Jul 14 2013 at 4:58 PM Rating: Good
***
2,265 posts
Better?
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#494 Jul 14 2013 at 4:59 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
Smiley: lol

Clipping issues make me sad. http://imgur.com/SUDhsL7

Especially when the shield and the body piece come from the same place (Flame Private set).
____________________________
Banh
#495 Jul 14 2013 at 6:05 PM Rating: Good
******
20,020 posts
BeanX the Irrelevant wrote:
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:

Protip: If you have no interest in playing the logistics game, you don't like crafting. In any game. Ever.


Ive always liked crafting when theres an AH to buy stuff, or atleast a bazaar to find stuff. GW2 I liked crafting, FFXI i liked crafting, WoW I liked crafting.

Quote:
Figuring out what you need, where to get it, what to make with it, how to use it/where to sell it (and to whom), is really the very essence of the entire content area.


No Running around trying to find crystals which are the main ingredient of a recipe is not "fun". If the game gave some clue or I deduced where I could get said crystals that would be fun and enjoyable. Basic Progression tells me that I start with the low level mats and move up and as I move up in levels the Items I need to gather should come naturally.

Like I said I have NO clue where to even start to find ice crystals. Becuase I should have got them while leveling 10-18 On my Lancer if progression was right. Having to look up crap online is not fun, And Im not going to just run around randomly attacking things hoping to have them drop crystals. If you asked me to find the other ingredients fine I can do that. Logic tells me where I can most likely find them based on Craft level and item Im looking for. I Mean you dont make a lvl 2 synth need raid only mats right?




There is an AH. Smiley: confused Or at least the equivalent of one. Sure, I'm sure there's pretty much nothing on it. But why would you expect anything different in a beta?

And honestly, I disagree with you entirely about finding materials. Having the game tell you, point blank, where to get something isn't fun. It takes all the joy of discovery out of it. It should be the players who figure that out and share it with the community. In a release version of the game, that's something you'd ask people using /sh, or whisper someone crafting.

Or, hey, look online. That's fine too. That's just another way for the community to share information.

But the problem here is that you're trying to find this info in beta, when most peoples' efforts (including those really interested in crafting) are focused on the core game play.

Anything tied to a market isn't going to be something you can test in a beta. Not unless that beta is like Dota 2's beta, and goes on for a ludicrously long time.

[EDIT]

I think ALL weapons and shields are actually way too close to the characters now. Sure, it's nice not having a huge gap. But a smallish gap should be easily planned for. There's no good reason for that.

Edited, Jul 14th 2013 8:06pm by idiggory
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#496 Jul 14 2013 at 7:38 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
Took some goodbye beta character pictures. Apparently I like the /airquotes motion. http://imgur.com/a/A808c#7
____________________________
Banh
#497 Jul 14 2013 at 7:42 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,546 posts
What server is everyone hitting up for phase 4?

Also have they announced RDM yet?
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#498 Jul 14 2013 at 7:45 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,852 posts
http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1361639900252499667
I'm creating mine on Ultros. Haven't quite decided yet. Will probably end up Gladiator, but could change by the time Phase 4 starts.

I finally summoned my Chocobo to fight with me. He was pretty powerful. And he could defend, heal, and attack. Very versatile creature.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#499 Jul 14 2013 at 8:02 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
I don't know what server I'll be on. My goal is to not be on the "Reddit" server or the "ZAM" server (by which I mean the FFXIV forum server, not the people here) or the "BG" server, really. Though of those, I'm least opposed to whatever server the bulk of BG will flock to. I never really minded them. The ZAM server probably won't be terrible either, since there don't seem to be a huge number of people on ZAM anymore. I was on a Reddit server in GW2 and in SWTOR and it's just @#%^ing annoying, to be honest. I like the subreddit communities, but when "Reddit" floods a server, it's ends up bringing a bunch of idiots who can't talk about anything aside from internet memes. If there were an officially designated RP server, I'd roll a character there. Not to RP, but because usually they're moderated a bit more strictly, which I like. I like forcing everyone to have RP-appropriate names. I like punishment for griefers. I'm fine with those players having places to have silly names and whatnot, but I also like a designated server or two where it's not tolerated.

Anyway, I don't really know. Maybe Ultros, unless my FFXI LS migrates to XIV.

Edited, Jul 14th 2013 10:03pm by Spoonless
____________________________
Banh
#500 Jul 14 2013 at 8:03 PM Rating: Good
******
20,020 posts
rdmcandie wrote:
What server is everyone hitting up for phase 4?

Also have they announced RDM yet?


No, we mostly just assume it'll get put in the game. Because why wouldn't it, really. This game seems perfect to set that up.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#501 Jul 14 2013 at 8:04 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
What server is everyone hitting up for phase 4?

Also have they announced RDM yet?


No, we mostly just assume it'll get put in the game. Because why wouldn't it, really. This game seems perfect to set that up.
They really should have started with the basics: WAR MNK THF RDM WHM BLM, and gone from there.
____________________________
Banh
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 61 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (61)