Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Console dealsFollow

#77 Dec 18 2013 at 1:44 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
Today only, Xbox 360:

Spelunky: $3.74
Terraria: $4.94
Fez: $2.49

I know most people on here probably have these already on Steam, but if not and you have a 360, that's a lot of good gaming for not a lot of money.
____________________________
Banh
#78 Dec 25 2013 at 5:38 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,278 posts
PSN Store has the remake of Mickey Mouse's Castle of Illusion on sale for $7.50, $3.75 if you have PS+.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#79 Dec 25 2013 at 6:45 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,884 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
PSN Store has the remake of Mickey Mouse's Castle of Illusion on sale for $7.50, $3.75 if you have PS+.


Amazon has it for the PC for 3.75 Smiley: grin
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#80 Jan 02 2014 at 9:32 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,884 posts
Bravely Default Demo is available for the 3DS. "Spiritual Successor" to Final Fantasy 4 Heroes of Light. I have it on pre order, and will be downloading the Demo here soon.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#81 Jan 03 2014 at 11:33 AM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
I liked the combat in 4 Heroes of Light, though I never did finish the game.
____________________________
Banh
#82 Jan 03 2014 at 12:56 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
Downloaded the Bravely Default demo, can't wait to try it out! Though I am sad to hear that apparently we're getting a very censored version compared to the original Smiley: frown
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#83 Jan 03 2014 at 2:11 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,884 posts
I played for about 45 minutes last night and got my *** handed to me in the first battle. Not sure what I did wrong but I was being one shotted by spells.

Apparently you can unlock seven different bonuses for the full release by playing through the Demo. First bonus was an item pack (1x antidote, 1x echo drop, 1x something else). I'm imagining they are all going to be like that, some real basic items, maybe some decent starting equipment.

It also seems to have a town you build as you progress using those StreetPass hits to gather townsfolk to build it faster. Interesting, though that just means I'll have to drive into town with my system on standby and spend 10-15 minutes driving up and down all the side streets to get people.

I will have to play again tonight and try not to die in my first battle. I only switched one character to a job, probably should switch them all.

Edit:
And apparently the censorship is mostly just "No more Bikinis and Belt Strap only costumes, now they are wearing hot pants and they have clothes on under the belt straps". Along with characters going form 14-16 years old to 18-20 years old.

Edited, Jan 3rd 2014 3:16pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#84 Jan 03 2014 at 2:26 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
TirithRR wrote:
And apparently the censorship is mostly just "No more Bikinis and Belt Strap only costumes, now they are wearing hot pants and they have clothes on under the belt straps". Along with characters going form 14-16 years old to 18-20 years old.

That's how they ruined Tera.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#85 Jan 03 2014 at 4:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
12,278 posts
TirithRR wrote:
It also seems to have a town you build as you progress using those StreetPass hits to gather townsfolk to build it faster. Interesting, though that just means I'll have to drive into town with my system on standby and spend 10-15 minutes driving up and down all the side streets to get people.


How to make a HomePass Relay

StreetPass MAC Addresses

It works, I can harvest 48-60 StreetPass hits a day
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#86 Jan 03 2014 at 4:40 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,884 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
It also seems to have a town you build as you progress using those StreetPass hits to gather townsfolk to build it faster. Interesting, though that just means I'll have to drive into town with my system on standby and spend 10-15 minutes driving up and down all the side streets to get people.


How to make a HomePass Relay

StreetPass MAC Addresses

It works, I can harvest 48-60 StreetPass hits a day


Interesting. Now I just have to decide how I want to do it. Don't think I want to cycle the MAC on my router or laptop, but maybe I can just grab a second cheapo router and set it up in my house as my own personal StreetPass maker.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#87 Jan 03 2014 at 6:11 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,278 posts
TirithRR wrote:
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
It also seems to have a town you build as you progress using those StreetPass hits to gather townsfolk to build it faster. Interesting, though that just means I'll have to drive into town with my system on standby and spend 10-15 minutes driving up and down all the side streets to get people.


How to make a HomePass Relay

StreetPass MAC Addresses

It works, I can harvest 48-60 StreetPass hits a day


Interesting. Now I just have to decide how I want to do it. Don't think I want to cycle the MAC on my router or laptop, but maybe I can just grab a second cheapo router and set it up in my house as my own personal StreetPass maker.


I strongly recommend the dd-wrt method, and that you should check the website first to make sure that the router you buy is compatible with the firmware.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#88 Jan 03 2014 at 8:42 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,884 posts
I tried it out on my laptop, but I can't get MACshift to work. It acts like it does, but it never changes the MAC Address. I tried updating the driver for my WiFi Miniport thing, but that didn't help. Everything works, and I can share my network connection across the new virtual hosted network. I just can't spoof the MAC address. Not sure why



Edited, Jan 3rd 2014 9:42pm by TirithRR
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#89 Jan 03 2014 at 9:39 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,278 posts
I tried the USB adapter and Ubuntu methods before getting it to work with the dd-wrt setup.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#90 Jan 04 2014 at 9:34 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,884 posts
Apparently Norende city progress is saved automatically outside of your main game save file. So some events in game that add to your Norende can be exploited to add over and over and over by just going to the save guy and reloading to title.

Not sure if the same exploit will exist in the full game, but it does make it easier to get some of the bonuses and transfers to the real game in the limited time/uses of the Demo.

By the way, I hate that the 3DS limits the number of uses on a demo.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#92 Jan 06 2014 at 8:22 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
TirithRR wrote:
Apparently Norende city progress is saved automatically outside of your main game save file. So some events in game that add to your Norende can be exploited to add over and over and over by just going to the save guy and reloading to title.

Not sure if the same exploit will exist in the full game, but it does make it easier to get some of the bonuses and transfers to the real game in the limited time/uses of the Demo.

By the way, I hate that the 3DS limits the number of uses on a demo.



Indeed, but I've gotten by that by not closing the game yet >_>. It has made my Norende progress painfully slow though Smiley: frown.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#93 Jan 06 2014 at 8:23 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
It also seems to have a town you build as you progress using those StreetPass hits to gather townsfolk to build it faster. Interesting, though that just means I'll have to drive into town with my system on standby and spend 10-15 minutes driving up and down all the side streets to get people.


How to make a HomePass Relay

StreetPass MAC Addresses

It works, I can harvest 48-60 StreetPass hits a day


Man, this sounds awesome but I don't have the stuff to set it up Smiley: frown. Need to check into dd-wrt routers I guess.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#94 Jan 08 2014 at 9:45 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,278 posts
Vataro wrote:
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
It also seems to have a town you build as you progress using those StreetPass hits to gather townsfolk to build it faster. Interesting, though that just means I'll have to drive into town with my system on standby and spend 10-15 minutes driving up and down all the side streets to get people.


How to make a HomePass Relay

StreetPass MAC Addresses

It works, I can harvest 48-60 StreetPass hits a day


Man, this sounds awesome but I don't have the stuff to set it up Smiley: frown. Need to check into dd-wrt routers I guess.


Amazon has two Netgear WIFI Routers for 70% off today. Just check if the cheap one is dd-wrt compatible.

Edit: Scratch that, the cheap one is actually just a WIFI extender. The R7000 is dd-wrt compatible if you don't mind paying $170.

Edited, Jan 8th 2014 11:00am by Shaowstrike
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#95 Jan 08 2014 at 1:19 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
yea don't think that's worth it Smiley: frown
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#96 Jan 08 2014 at 1:23 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
At that price, you may as well get someone you know a 3DS and make them StreetPass with you all the time.

Edited, Jan 8th 2014 2:23pm by Spoonless
____________________________
Banh
#97 Jan 08 2014 at 1:45 PM Rating: Good
For people like us, who dont get any streetpass data.. There is also the Nintendo Zone option.

"Head to any Nintendo Zone location to use a StreetPass Relay Point and you’ll get StreetPass Mii Plaza data from the last six visitors to visit that location. It’s a great way to connect with other StreetPass users—even if you don’t have the chance to meet in person."


It's not going to get you as much data as the other method, but it's still nice if you at least make a few trips to a larger city (for me, I can go 30 miles one direction, but if I go 60 miles to Fargo, there are multiple McDonalds that offer this service).

Edited, Jan 8th 2014 1:46pm by Dyadem
____________________________
Things I sometimes play...

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"I want to be a unicorn!"
"Awww, why's that?"........
"So I can stab people with my face."
#98 Jan 08 2014 at 2:27 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,278 posts
Dyadem, pet mage of Jabober wrote:
For people like us, who dont get any streetpass data.. There is also the Nintendo Zone option.

"Head to any Nintendo Zone location to use a StreetPass Relay Point and you’ll get StreetPass Mii Plaza data from the last six visitors to visit that location. It’s a great way to connect with other StreetPass users—even if you don’t have the chance to meet in person."


It's not going to get you as much data as the other method, but it's still nice if you at least make a few trips to a larger city (for me, I can go 30 miles one direction, but if I go 60 miles to Fargo, there are multiple McDonalds that offer this service).

Edited, Jan 8th 2014 1:46pm by Dyadem


Downside is that sometimes people might not bring their 3DS to that location often, you could show up that day and get nothing. Home Depots are also Nintendo Zone locations if you want to try there as well.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#99 Jan 08 2014 at 2:28 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,278 posts
Spoonless wrote:
At that price, you may as well get buy another 3DS and StreetPass with yourself every 8 hours.

____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#100 Jan 08 2014 at 3:04 PM Rating: Good
******
20,020 posts
Most of my street passes come from nintendo zones. Primarily Starbucks, but a few others, too.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#101 Jan 08 2014 at 5:42 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
I don't think I've ever streetpassed anyone.
____________________________
Banh
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 46 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (46)