Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Hearthstone babble and other random gamesFollow

#652 May 29 2013 at 11:10 AM Rating: Good
Terrorfiend
*****
12,905 posts
Does gamestop ever budge on their used game prices? I'd like to get -this- used but I think 2 dollars off the "new" price is kind of a rip.
#653 May 29 2013 at 11:12 AM Rating: Good
******
43,175 posts
The price goes down as time goes on. They don't seem to ever really negotiate. Well, they don't negotiate with me.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#654 May 29 2013 at 11:28 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
lolgaxe wrote:
The price goes down as time goes on. They don't seem to ever really negotiate. Well, they don't negotiate with me.

Have you tried walking in with a bomb?
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#655 May 29 2013 at 11:57 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,175 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Have you tried walking in with a bomb?
Superman 64 wasn't as much of a threat as I thought it would be. Smiley: frown
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#656 May 29 2013 at 11:59 AM Rating: Good
***
2,157 posts
KTurner wrote:
Does gamestop ever budge on their used game prices? I'd like to get -this- used but I think 2 dollars off the "new" price is kind of a rip.



Seriously, I would have sold you my copy i just pawned to GS a week ago, Metal Case and all. When I figured if anyone was interested in games they would have spoke up when i posted all my ps3 games.
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#657 May 29 2013 at 12:05 PM Rating: Good
Terrorfiend
*****
12,905 posts
Hah, and you could have even hand delivered it to me if you drove, cuz I certainly live along the way.
#658 May 29 2013 at 12:10 PM Rating: Good
***
2,157 posts
Or I could of mailed it cost would only be like 2 dollars or something tiny. Since we flew instead of drove, Bellevues Bus system is good enough for right now.
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#659 May 29 2013 at 12:15 PM Rating: Good
Terrorfiend
*****
12,905 posts
Oh well, I'll get it some day.
#660 May 31 2013 at 10:43 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
9,201 posts
I got KOTOR for ipad yesterday, aside from movement, it handles surprisingly well. Looking forward to trying a classic I otherwise wouldn't have touched.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#661 Jun 06 2013 at 4:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Trailer that one of the Metro: Last Light developers did on his own. He was moved in the development team and worked to finish this on his own and just released it the other day.

Crank that baby up to 1080 full screen...

____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#663 Jun 10 2013 at 10:50 AM Rating: Good
Jophiel wrote:
Trailer that one of the Metro: Last Light developers did on his own. He was moved in the development team and worked to finish this on his own and just released it the other day.

Crank that baby up to 1080 full screen...



That was pretty bitchen.

My only fear for this game is that it will be too corridory. Endless tunnel mazes start to drive me a bit crazy. Like in Fallout 3 I always kind of breath a sigh of relief when I get out of a vault that has 4-5 levels and half of them are blocked so you can only proceed through a very specific way that I tend to forget immediately after leaving that floor. Then they make me back track through it to get a switch or key I missed or just to gtfo.

Give me land lots of land and the starry skies above!
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#664 Jun 10 2013 at 10:56 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
You spend about equal time above and below ground (give or take). But the game itself is very "on rails"* even in the outdoor portions. Traveling through trenches or the scant non-marshy areas of bogs, etc. You rarely have many movement options. On the plus side, it's not very "mazey" since you'll never get lost in a network of corridors and even some of the underground locations have fairly high ceilings.

*I always feel like I'm making a pun when I use that phrase to describe Metro but it's the most accurate way to describe it.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#665 Jun 10 2013 at 11:07 AM Rating: Good
Well that is reassuring. Rails bother me less than losing my bearing and not knowing where to go next after backtracking across the same maze several times. I used to not mind that when I was younger but something about it now starts to shut my old brain down and it starts releasing heavy amounts of derpamin.

Probably from years of whiskey saturation when gaming. Smiley: blush
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#666 Jun 15 2013 at 6:07 PM Rating: Good
Finished FO3 and all DLC again. Was a fun ride very nostalgic. So I was looking for something to play next and saw Dishonored on sale for $20. I had kind of forgotten about it, but it was on my list of "would like to play someday", so I snagged it.

Digging it so far. Surprisingly I don't even mind the stealth. In some games I hate the stealth (Dues Ex HR) but for some reason I am kind of enjoying it in this game so far. I guess maybe because it has sold me on the idea of being assassiny rather than being a human cyborg tank looking guy? Still nice to have options. I kill some people and sleep others mostly depending on who they are.
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#667 Jun 23 2013 at 12:05 AM Rating: Decent
****
7,803 posts
I have a question. As some of my Raptr friends will know I've been playing ME1 quite a bit. I have both DLCs but I'm reading some mixed things about Pinnacle Station. I ask those of you who have played is, is it worth it, and does it add much, if anything, to the game?
____________________________
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. ~River Tam

Sedao
#668 Jun 23 2013 at 12:24 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,130 posts
I stopped playing after the main story, but from what I heard from my friends the DLC isn't worth going out of the way to play.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#669 Jun 23 2013 at 6:42 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
9,201 posts
I have been playing animal crossing. I am now that casual gaming chick.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#670 Jun 24 2013 at 9:11 AM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,162 posts
Forgot there was the FF14 beta event this past weekend. Sat down Saturday night around 11pm to play it. Hadn't downloaded the client. Did not get to play. Smiley: lol
____________________________
Banh
#671 Jun 24 2013 at 10:53 AM Rating: Good
***
2,157 posts
Me either but its downloaded for next weekend.
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#672 Jun 24 2013 at 12:12 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
9,201 posts
I had mine downloaded already but I had better things to do.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#673 Jun 24 2013 at 7:04 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,608 posts
My character is on the Shiva server. I'm a level 17 Thaumaturge. I just got the Airship pass as visited the other nations before logging out and the Beta ending. I am looking forward to unlocking Materia at level 18.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#674 Jun 24 2013 at 7:56 PM Rating: Good
***
2,157 posts
So other then Beta only weekends we need a game we all play, Im bored lately and feel like mindless grinding. Anyone wanna do GW2(since now Joph has a copy) or Rift?
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#675 Jun 24 2013 at 8:02 PM Rating: Good
Terrorfiend
*****
12,905 posts
i vote rift. been working at getting back into and it would help to have others. hell, it cant be worse than tera was!
#676 Jun 24 2013 at 8:49 PM Rating: Good
Been playing Rift, actually enjoying it enough I subbed up for a few months.
____________________________
Drulian Griggory - Meneldor. Member of There Is No Fifth Star


#677 Jun 24 2013 at 9:38 PM Rating: Good
***
2,157 posts
Fine Smiley: bah Rift it is. I messaged KT on Steam if he wants to referral me, but if you message me before him Ill let you refer me, you wont get much free but w/e I may sub once or twice

He got back to me first.

Edit: If anyone else if going to start playing get a referal it gives bonus XP and stuff. Ned to make an Omnibus Guild too, chop chop.

Edited, Jun 24th 2013 11:04pm by BeanX
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#678 Jun 25 2013 at 2:05 PM Rating: Good
***
2,157 posts
So Lolgaxe tell me your thoughts on the Deadpool game after you play it. Im a cheap ass so ill wait for it to go on sale but from what I am to understand in reviews Shaky controls and ok game play but pitch perfect Deadpool humor and dialog.
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#679 Jun 25 2013 at 3:58 PM Rating: Good
BeanX the Irrelevant wrote:
Fine Smiley: bah Rift it is. I messaged KT on Steam if he wants to referral me, but if you message me before him Ill let you refer me, you wont get much free but w/e I may sub once or twice

He got back to me first.

Edit: If anyone else if going to start playing get a referal it gives bonus XP and stuff. Ned to make an Omnibus Guild too, chop chop.

Edited, Jun 24th 2013 11:04pm by BeanX


No biggie let him get it, I'm referring my wife and just got my first 30 days free Smiley: tongue
____________________________
Drulian Griggory - Meneldor. Member of There Is No Fifth Star


#680 Jun 25 2013 at 5:33 PM Rating: Good
***
2,157 posts
Drulian, Pie Eating Champion wrote:
BeanX the Irrelevant wrote:
Fine Smiley: bah Rift it is. I messaged KT on Steam if he wants to referral me, but if you message me before him Ill let you refer me, you wont get much free but w/e I may sub once or twice

He got back to me first.

Edit: If anyone else if going to start playing get a referal it gives bonus XP and stuff. Ned to make an Omnibus Guild too, chop chop.

Edited, Jun 24th 2013 11:04pm by BeanX


No biggie let him get it, I'm referring my wife and just got my first 30 days free Smiley: tongue


You should click my referral link in the other thread (You can be a referral even with an active account from what im to understand) THat would get you the Bonus Items yourself (5% xp boost til 20, 10% gold boost trinket, The Chosen title) Im trying to get as many as possible so I get a couple free months (and maybe a mount lol)
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#681 Jun 25 2013 at 7:20 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Away from Rift for a moment, the first Bioshock Infinite DLC was released today and wow is it disappointing. It's just the bonus items from preordering plus two new guns. If I had bought the season pass, I'd be pissed.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#682 Jun 25 2013 at 7:22 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,608 posts
Jophiel wrote:
If I had bought the season pass, I'd be pissed.


Why? It's not part of the Season Pass. I'd be pissed if it was a Season Pass DLC, cause it'd be a waste. But it's not, so I don't care...
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#683 Jun 25 2013 at 7:22 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,130 posts
Jophiel wrote:
I had bought the season pass, and I'm pissed.


Smiley: glare

Edit: I'm still pissed because the first DLC wasn't actual gameplay DLC. I heard that the final BL2 DLC is actually awesome.


Edited, Jun 25th 2013 9:27pm by Shaowstrike
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#684 Jun 25 2013 at 7:28 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,608 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
Edit: I'm still pissed because the first DLC wasn't actual gameplay DLC.


Why? It's not like the entire development team of Irrational Games had to stop working on any potential future DLC to work on releasing this already developed content to other users beyond the initial preorder/collector's edition customers.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#685 Jun 25 2013 at 7:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
My mistake then, I'm used to the first three DLC being the SP stuff. I guess I need to buy more season passes (or not).

Edited, Jun 25th 2013 8:54pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#686 Jun 25 2013 at 11:01 PM Rating: Good
You guys should try Neverwinter Online. Seems pretty neat so far. Action style combat, no tab targeting, reticule style instead. But with nostalgic Lost Realms DnD lore. I'm not very far in yet but enjoying it so far.
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#687 Jun 26 2013 at 6:05 AM Rating: Good
Master Shojindo wrote:
You guys should try Neverwinter Online. Seems pretty neat so far. Action style combat, no tab targeting, reticule style instead. But with nostalgic Lost Realms DnD lore. I'm not very far in yet but enjoying it so far.


I have a founders pack, played it a bit at "release" (It was beta they said, but no wipes + store was active) You're right it's a fairly enjoyable game, but then I opened up the cash shop one night, haven't logged in again since. Yes I know you don't HAVE to buy anything but just the fact that PW thinks we'll pay those prices for things makes me sad. At one point I figured up it was actually cheaper to buy another character slot than it was to buy bags from them. Hell it's $8 to respec if you screw up placing points....

Edited, Jun 26th 2013 7:07am by Drulian
____________________________
Drulian Griggory - Meneldor. Member of There Is No Fifth Star


#688 Jun 26 2013 at 7:29 AM Rating: Good
******
43,175 posts
BeanX the Irrelevant wrote:
So Lolgaxe tell me your thoughts on the Deadpool game after you play it. Im a cheap ass so ill wait for it to go on sale but from what I am to understand in reviews Shaky controls and ok game play but pitch perfect Deadpool humor and dialog.
It's crude, violent, immature, button mashy, and absolutely no fourth wall. So all in all it's exactly what you'd expect out of a game starring Deadpool. Aiming is a bit annoying so far, which wouldn't be that noticeable if a majority of the enemies I've so far faced weren't at range and went out of their way to run away and continue shooting at me. Typical "light, heavy, evade/counter" button combinations, ranged combat, and upgradable abilities and gear that have become the norm for this genre. I've only played an hour or so, but I'm enjoying it for what it is: An immature mindless action game that you can play at the end of the day to relieve stress. So I'd say if you're familiar with the source material and aren't looking for something overly complex pick it up. I wouldn't play it around kids though. It really goes out of it's way.

There's an extras menu with bios that I haven't really dived into that I plan to, but the one I did look at I found to be exceptional. It's basically a slideshow using actual comic pages giving information on how certain characters relate to Deadpool, with a voice over. Between that and the first little pre-game area (Deadpool's apartment) I found really well done. The voice acting is really well done.

Edited, Jun 26th 2013 9:30am by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#689 Jun 26 2013 at 8:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,162 posts
Jophiel wrote:
My mistake then, I'm used to the first three DLC being the SP stuff. I guess I need to buy more season passes (or not).

Edited, Jun 25th 2013 8:54pm by Jophiel
I just feel spoiled by the Borderlands 2 Season Pass, where all the DLC it gives you are pretty awesome.
____________________________
Banh
#690 Jun 26 2013 at 12:45 PM Rating: Good
***
2,157 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
The voice acting is really well done.

Edited, Jun 26th 2013 9:30am by lolgaxe


So get it as soon as its 19.99 (50% off) Gotcha
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#691 Jun 26 2013 at 12:46 PM Rating: Good
***
2,157 posts
Spoonless wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
My mistake then, I'm used to the first three DLC being the SP stuff. I guess I need to buy more season passes (or not).

Edited, Jun 25th 2013 8:54pm by Jophiel
I just feel spoiled by the Borderlands 2 Season Pass, where all the DLC it gives you are pretty awesome.


I watched a few reviews for the Last DLC, the DnD like one Looks pretty awesome, I almost want to get it for that.
____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#692 Jun 26 2013 at 7:49 PM Rating: Good
Quote:
It's crude, violent, immature, button mashy, and absolutely no fourth wall. So all in all it's exactly what you'd expect out of a game starring Deadpool. Aiming is a bit annoying so far, which wouldn't be that noticeable if a majority of the enemies I've so far faced weren't at range and went out of their way to run away and continue shooting at me. Typical "light, heavy, evade/counter" button combinations, ranged combat, and upgradable abilities and gear that have become the norm for this genre. I've only played an hour or so, but I'm enjoying it for what it is: An immature mindless action game that you can play at the end of the day to relieve stress. So I'd say if you're familiar with the source material and aren't looking for something overly complex pick it up. I wouldn't play it around kids though. It really goes out of it's way.

There's an extras menu with bios that I haven't really dived into that I plan to, but the one I did look at I found to be exceptional. It's basically a slideshow using actual comic pages giving information on how certain characters relate to Deadpool, with a voice over. Between that and the first little pre-game area (Deadpool's apartment) I found really well done. The voice acting is really well done.


Pretty much this. Wait until you get to Cable, it's pretty "@#%^ing" epic.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#693 Jun 28 2013 at 9:21 AM Rating: Good
******
43,175 posts
I especially liked the Dancing Sinister and the Bar scenes so far. I'm really enjoying the ridiculousness.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#694 Jun 28 2013 at 11:17 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
My power was off for a few days so I just finished Mafia II last night. I'd give it a B-? Maybe a B?

If you enjoy mobster stories from the 1950's era, don't mind a lot of cut scenes and can appreciate a narrative driven game, you'll probably like it. Someone on Steam timed it as having about 4 hours worth of cut scenes and a speed run taking 4 hours. Assuming you won't be speed running, figure at least 8 hours of game play and another 4 hours of cut scenes. The good news for me was that I found the scenes well acted/voiced so I enjoyed them. Fight off the impression that the large map, ability to steal cars and assortment of shops means this is a legitimate "open world" experience and realize that it's a narrative game with some flexibility, not a true open world. Didn't much care for the melee mechanics but gun fighting was fun and occasionally brutal with a flanking enemy taking you down with a Tommy gun before you notice it. Different guns felt legitimately different: the distance spread of a Tommy gun being notably different from a "grease gun" and a 1911 semiauto pistol handling differently from a .38 snub nose revolver. Driving starts out rather tedious with poor handling 1940's cars on snowy streets but becomes much better with the 1950's, both for better cars and summertime conditions. The ending was unexpected but not especially surprising.

It's a somewhat standard mafia story with a game added into it. If you want constant (or even regular) action or if you're annoyed by repeated drives across town while listening to Eddie Cochran, avoid it. Otherwise, if the above description sounds good, pick it up on a 75% off sale.

I got the Betrayal of Jimmy DLC for $2.50 off someone from Ukraine. Guess it's not available in the US. Haven't played it yet but, from what I hear, it's more open/action oriented and a lot less story bound.

Edited, Jun 28th 2013 12:19pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#695 Jun 28 2013 at 1:04 PM Rating: Good
Jophiel wrote:
My power was off for a few days so I just finished Mafia II last night. I'd give it a B-? Maybe a B?

If you enjoy mobster stories from the 1950's era, don't mind a lot of cut scenes and can appreciate a narrative driven game, you'll probably like it. Someone on Steam timed it as having about 4 hours worth of cut scenes and a speed run taking 4 hours. Assuming you won't be speed running, figure at least 8 hours of game play and another 4 hours of cut scenes. The good news for me was that I found the scenes well acted/voiced so I enjoyed them. Fight off the impression that the large map, ability to steal cars and assortment of shops means this is a legitimate "open world" experience and realize that it's a narrative game with some flexibility, not a true open world. Didn't much care for the melee mechanics but gun fighting was fun and occasionally brutal with a flanking enemy taking you down with a Tommy gun before you notice it. Different guns felt legitimately different: the distance spread of a Tommy gun being notably different from a "grease gun" and a 1911 semiauto pistol handling differently from a .38 snub nose revolver. Driving starts out rather tedious with poor handling 1940's cars on snowy streets but becomes much better with the 1950's, both for better cars and summertime conditions. The ending was unexpected but not especially surprising.

It's a somewhat standard mafia story with a game added into it. If you want constant (or even regular) action or if you're annoyed by repeated drives across town while listening to Eddie Cochran, avoid it. Otherwise, if the above description sounds good, pick it up on a 75% off sale.

I got the Betrayal of Jimmy DLC for $2.50 off someone from Ukraine. Guess it's not available in the US. Haven't played it yet but, from what I hear, it's more open/action oriented and a lot less story bound.

Edited, Jun 28th 2013 12:19pm by Jophiel


The one thing I kind of found refreshing about the story was the deviation from the standard sandbox mafia/crime story. What I mean is normally you start off small time, work your way up to made man, then become a don or cappa. At the end you are almost always usually king sh*t of mob/syndicate/gang city.

But in this game everything keeps going tits up on you all the time. 2 steps forward 1-3 steps back. Which is sort of what really happens in crime. You go to jail, you get sh*t on by friends and associates. Your enemies try to kill you. You over reach and someone above you decides to swat you back down.

One thing else I will say about the plot, is that I think Vito would have smelled the betrayal to Joe at the end. As soon as they got into separate cars I knew what was up. Sure Joe was a F up and trouble but they just worked together beyond all of that. I think maybe Vito would have said F you to the Vinci's and jumped out the car to save Joe.

I mean being a consequences be damned, we are bro's, lets blow stuff up for vengeance, duo was their thing after all.


But yeah besides the decent story and ok retro setting some of the gameplay and the terrible save system were pretty hard to put up with. 75% off for sure.
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#696 Jun 28 2013 at 1:15 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Agreed again about the save system. As I said in the other thread, it discourages any sort of experimentation or comic mischief because your "free period" is often at the end of a mission and dying means you're getting set back a fair amount. And the game is slow to get really rolling.

Agreed about the end. You never really rise up aside from being "made". And the one guy in the organization (besides Joe) that you trusted most and thought was on your side doesn't really care about you much more than the guys you just killed. You're owned by the Family and lost the chance to make your own choices. Which was different from either "You're a crime lord" or "You've broken free/taken it all down". It wasn't surprising since everything led up to it in a logical sense but I wasn't expecting such a... level? ending.

Also, it's not a good game to play around kids. Either Joe's dropping the F-Bomb or else you're stuck in the dilemma of skipping that Playboy collectible or your kid getting a view of vintage 1962 boobies Smiley: laugh

Edited, Jun 28th 2013 2:16pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#697 Jun 28 2013 at 3:52 PM Rating: Excellent
I bet he has seen boobs before.
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#698 Jun 29 2013 at 3:09 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,877 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Agreed again about the save system. As I said in the other thread, it discourages any sort of experimentation or comic mischief because your "free period" is often at the end of a mission and dying means you're getting set back a fair amount. And the game is slow to get really rolling.

Agreed about the end. You never really rise up aside from being "made". And the one guy in the organization (besides Joe) that you trusted most and thought was on your side doesn't really care about you much more than the guys you just killed. You're owned by the Family and lost the chance to make your own choices. Which was different from either "You're a crime lord" or "You've broken free/taken it all down". It wasn't surprising since everything led up to it in a logical sense but I wasn't expecting such a... level? ending.

Also, it's not a good game to play around kids. Either Joe's dropping the F-Bomb or else you're stuck in the dilemma of skipping that Playboy collectible or your kid getting a view of vintage 1962 boobies Smiley: laugh

Edited, Jun 28th 2013 2:16pm by Jophiel


Just tell them "Sometimes daddy needs to do things in video games that he's not proud of, like collecting pornography or beating hookers with giant purple dildos."

When they're older they'll understand.
____________________________
"Observe what happens when you force a man to change"
Just as Planned.
#699 Jul 03 2013 at 8:56 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,608 posts
Rather than create a new thread for a small article, I figured I'd post this here since it was already previously mentioned.

Bioshock Infinite real DLC to be revealed later this month.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#700 Jul 09 2013 at 6:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I started Dead Island the other day. Bought the GOTY for a few bucks a while back. I remembered it having mixed reviews but figured I might as well give it a shot.

It's okay. I guess. Hard to get excited about zombie games any more. The characters are done well enough. Some characters are annoying as hell and a just God would let me knife them. The weapon system is sh*t and it's hard to get into a game where your baseball bat or meat cleaver breaks after killing four guys with it. I know there's mods and repair stations and all but... again... my steel wrench starts falling apart after hitting four zombies upside the face.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#701 Jul 09 2013 at 7:07 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,608 posts
I was disappointed by that in The Last of Us as well. A pair of scissors, good for one fungus zombie stabbing. A big steel pipe on the ground? You can hit something with that 6 times or so and then it's no good. I don't know what these fungus zombies are made out of, but I have a three foot piece of 3/4 inch black pipe in my basement left over from replumbing my propane lines. I could hit a brick wall with that thing all day and it would still be a three foot piece of 3/4 inch black pipe. The threads on the end might no longer be in good shape, but I could definitely beat someone/thing across the face with it.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 85 All times are in CDT
arjundas65, sgfedsfrseg, Anonymous Guests (83)