Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

This is why I need to GameStop moar.Follow

#1 Mar 11 2012 at 3:39 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,122 posts
I'm a bit of a Wii nerd, so I called my local WalMart and asked the girl working the counter in Electronics if they got any copies of the new Mario Party 9 in. Didn't bother calling GameStop because, due to transportation issues, I wouldn't be able to get there until around midnight.

The girl on the phone asked me, in all seriousness, "Which console is that on?"

Smiley: disappointed
____________________________
FFXI-Garuda 2003-2009; Lakshmi 2011-8/20/13 (retired)
FFXIV: ARR - Ghost Bear, Balmung server
Free Company: BadAsp Super Friends <BASF>
#2 Mar 11 2012 at 4:45 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
5,587 posts
I would have asked the same question. I'm as big a gaming nerd as the next guy, but Mario Party 9 sounds like it could be on the DS as well as the Wii.
____________________________
my Tumblr
Pixelmon Server Info
#3 Mar 11 2012 at 5:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,163 posts
OH MY GOD A RETAIL WORKER WAS UNFAMILIAR WITH THE PRODUCT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR AND ASKED A QUESTION SO SHE COULD BETTER ASSIST YOU. HOW AWFUL!
____________________________
Banh
#4 Mar 11 2012 at 5:14 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,879 posts
Goddamn, I hate when people ask clarifying questions.

I wish they'd just make something up when they don't know what I'm talking about.

"Yeah, we've got all the mario parties on the xbox 375"


Edited, Mar 11th 2012 7:15pm by Timelordwho
____________________________
"Observe what happens when you force a man to change"
Just as Planned.
#5 Mar 11 2012 at 7:00 PM Rating: Excellent
@#%^
*****
15,781 posts
I hate going to GameStop.

No, I don't want to wax intellectual about the latest Halo map packs. Just sell me my @#%^ing game so I don't have to smell your body odor anymore.
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all hell for a basement"

#6 Mar 11 2012 at 7:19 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Is Mario Party the one with the gorilla and the barrels and stuff?

I dislike GameStop because they open the packages and I always walk out feeling like my purchase came from a garage sale rather than it being shiny new.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#7 Mar 11 2012 at 10:13 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,297 posts
you should have asked her about blackberries.
#8 Mar 12 2012 at 10:58 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,122 posts
axhed wrote:
you should have asked her about blackberries.

She probably would have transferred me to the produce department.
____________________________
FFXI-Garuda 2003-2009; Lakshmi 2011-8/20/13 (retired)
FFXIV: ARR - Ghost Bear, Balmung server
Free Company: BadAsp Super Friends <BASF>
#9 Mar 12 2012 at 4:40 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
5,587 posts
Ralrra wrote:
axhed wrote:
you should have asked her about blackberries.

She probably would have transferred me to the produce department.


Hehe, when I was 17 and worked at K-Mart, some kid asked "Do you have 50 Cent"? I reached into my pocket and gave him two quarters. I will never forget the bewildered look on his face.
____________________________
my Tumblr
Pixelmon Server Info
#10 Mar 12 2012 at 9:44 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
****
4,313 posts
I could understand not knowing if its a WII or DS game. Walmart is bad to put people in departments that they know nothing about though. Best was when my Dad was asking about a gun in sporting goods and this little old lady told him how she hated guns and knew nothing about them.
____________________________
Hi
#11 Mar 12 2012 at 9:53 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
****
5,684 posts
Walmart related, possibly NSFW
____________________________
Signature starts here.
#12 Mar 12 2012 at 10:16 PM Rating: Good


For those of you not near a Walmart, yes, they can really be that bad.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist anus.
#13 Mar 12 2012 at 11:28 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
7,460 posts
i hate you for that link.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. @#%^ OFF YOU. @#%^ YOUR BULLsh*t SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS @#%^ING sh*tTY BINARY ASS. ALL DAY LONG.

#14 Mar 13 2012 at 7:49 AM Rating: Excellent
Official Shrubbery Waterer
*****
14,021 posts
Iamadam wrote:
I hate going to GameStop.

No, I don't want to wax intellectual about the latest Halo map packs. Just sell me my @#%^ing game so I don't have to smell your body odor anymore.

Would you like to buy the one-year warranty on your game for only $5.99 extra? If you ever scratch the disc by using it as a coaster, frisbee, teething toy, or just trying to nail squirrels in the tree outside your balcony, we'll replace it!
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
I'm biased against statistics

#15 Mar 13 2012 at 7:50 AM Rating: Good
@#%^
*****
15,781 posts
Demea wrote:
Iamadam wrote:
I hate going to GameStop.

No, I don't want to wax intellectual about the latest Halo map packs. Just sell me my @#%^ing game so I don't have to smell your body odor anymore.

Would you like to buy the one-year warranty on your game for only $5.99 extra? If you ever scratch the disc by using it as a coaster, frisbee, teething toy, or just trying to nail squirrels in the tree outside your balcony, we'll replace it!


...

What if I try to have sex with it?
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all hell for a basement"

#16 Mar 13 2012 at 7:52 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,191 posts
Iamadam wrote:
Demea wrote:
Iamadam wrote:
I hate going to GameStop.

No, I don't want to wax intellectual about the latest Halo map packs. Just sell me my @#%^ing game so I don't have to smell your body odor anymore.
Would you like to buy the one-year warranty on your game for only $5.99 extra? If you ever scratch the disc by using it as a coaster, frisbee, teething toy, or just trying to nail squirrels in the tree outside your balcony, we'll replace it!
...

What if I try to have sex with it?
Butter's in the fridge.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#17 Mar 13 2012 at 7:53 AM Rating: Excellent
Official Shrubbery Waterer
*****
14,021 posts
If you're able to have sex with a CD, I have some e-mails in my spam folder about some pills that you might be interested in.
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
I'm biased against statistics

#18 Mar 13 2012 at 8:24 AM Rating: Excellent
@#%^
*****
15,781 posts
Demea wrote:
If you're able to have sex with a CD, I have some e-mails in my spam folder about some pills that you might be interested in.


Pffft, those pills never work.

Wait, what?
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all hell for a basement"

#19 Mar 13 2012 at 11:25 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
5,587 posts
fronglo wrote:
I could understand not knowing if its a WII or DS game. Walmart is bad to put people in departments that they know nothing about though. Best was when my Dad was asking about a gun in sporting goods and this little old lady told him how she hated guns and knew nothing about them.


Walmart doesn't care who they put where. Having worked there for many years, I can tell you that if an associate in any department knows anything about the products in the store it is by sheer luck. When you are hired at Walmart, you receive no job training outside of a few brief flash applications on a computer in the back room. If a customer asks you a question about something you don't know about, you either tell them you don't know or bullsh*t your way out of it. Although 99 times out of 100 they will ask you a common sense question that any idiot should know already, if they aren't simply asking you where the bathroom is.

The real problem is when you are expected operate machinery (forklifts, cheap old fashioned paint mixers, handheld computer terminals, cash registers) and know all the proper procedures for every conceivable situation the day you are hired, and do it all for $7 an hour(your bosses will resent you for even making that much, and do everything in their power to make sure you do not get full time benefits or overtime pay)-- Which is why Walmart has one of the highest turnover rates in the country.

You will find yourself running around like a headless chicken with the workload that 5 years prior was handled by a dozen different people. Should you have any questions on what you're supposed to do, you will simply be told that you are expected to already know, or they will find somebody who does. So figure it out, and pray you don't @#%^ it up.
____________________________
my Tumblr
Pixelmon Server Info
#20 Mar 13 2012 at 12:55 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,297 posts
where're y'alls nascar hats at?
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 67 All times are in CDT