Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Kingdoms of AmalurFollow

#102 Feb 15 2012 at 1:00 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
29,373 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
KTurner wrote:
IDrownFish of the Seven Seas wrote:
Master Shojindo wrote:
I killed the Widow. Was merely a set back for her though, or so she claims.


Yeah, she's a Fae, so she's just going to end up coming back anyways.


I was so tempted to side with her and kill the townsfolk. I can never pull the trigger and be truly evil in those games. Typically it ruins so many quests that its not worth doing.


It's like pulling teeth for me too. I enjoy games most when I feel like my avatar, and unbridled cruelty just isn't in my cards. Now, I'm not a goody-two-shoes either, but that's typically where all the rewards lie. Not much of a middle ground to be found, which is problematic.

I'm doing an evil playthrough in Skyrim as a change of pace, and it's just brutal. Every time I do a Daedric quest, I practically have to close my eyes and grit my teeth, to off some soulless NPC.
I personally have little trouble being evil, but only if I'm playing a male character. I usually play female characters when given the option, but can't be evil on them for some reason.
#103 Feb 15 2012 at 1:02 AM Rating: Good
******
20,020 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
Eske Esquire wrote:
KTurner wrote:
IDrownFish of the Seven Seas wrote:
Master Shojindo wrote:
I killed the Widow. Was merely a set back for her though, or so she claims.


Yeah, she's a Fae, so she's just going to end up coming back anyways.


I was so tempted to side with her and kill the townsfolk. I can never pull the trigger and be truly evil in those games. Typically it ruins so many quests that its not worth doing.


It's like pulling teeth for me too. I enjoy games most when I feel like my avatar, and unbridled cruelty just isn't in my cards. Now, I'm not a goody-two-shoes either, but that's typically where all the rewards lie. Not much of a middle ground to be found, which is problematic.

I'm doing an evil playthrough in Skyrim as a change of pace, and it's just brutal. Every time I do a Daedric quest, I practically have to close my eyes and grit my teeth, to off some soulless NPC.
I personally have little trouble being evil, but only if I'm playing a male character. I usually play female characters when given the option, but can't be evil on them for some reason.

Sexist.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#104 Feb 15 2012 at 8:45 AM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
Honestly, evil in these games tends to just be gratuitous murder, which is pointless, and stealing, which makes the game too easy. The most I do is kill people for their misdeeds/acts of extreme stupidity. Early game Like that gnome reporting to the Tuatha. I spared him in the demo, but he BMed me afterwards so I figured he had it coming..
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#105 Feb 15 2012 at 9:40 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,297 posts
i read somewhere that you only had to connect to ea servers once to activate the game, then you were good to go.

wrong. cannot play steam version without a freaking connection.
#106 Feb 15 2012 at 10:53 AM Rating: Good
******
20,020 posts
Can't for Origin version either.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#107 Feb 16 2012 at 4:16 PM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
Maid of Windamere was very hard, not sure if it was meant to be or if I was underleveled (I was 14). Easily the hardest thing in the game so far, though.

Oh, and sprite champions are *********
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#108 Feb 16 2012 at 4:29 PM Rating: Good
Terrorfiend
*****
12,905 posts
Thats good to know. I just beat Nix the troll so im probably not far from that. Im level 15 currently.
#109 Feb 16 2012 at 4:34 PM Rating: Good
******
49,744 posts
Was he FABULOUS?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#110 Feb 16 2012 at 4:35 PM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
The smell was comparable.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#111 Feb 16 2012 at 5:19 PM Rating: Excellent
lolgaxe wrote:
Was he FABULOUS?


He was Not.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129
#112 Feb 16 2012 at 7:29 PM Rating: Good
Yeah I screwed up that fight the first time and used Fatemode on her first wave of adds then promptly started tearing into her. Well my fate juice wore out with her at like 1/3 left. But becuase I beat her through her normal spawn more adds stages so fast I ended up just swarmed with like 20 adds. They beat me down most unmerciful.

Next try I took out the adds first before taking her to her next level of health that spawns adds. Much easier that way, but still a fun fight.

Edited, Feb 16th 2012 5:30pm by Shojindo
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#113 Feb 16 2012 at 11:43 PM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
Yeah, it's not a rushdown fight. I found the first wave the hardest part, in that I was constantly being charged or having something spat at me or having the one-shot shadow wave thing she does flying towards me. Very hard to actually do any damage under those conditions.

The second wave's only a bog thresh and a sprite or some **** like that.


Chakrams are pretty fun, but probably too good. I only really use my faeblades for the fun of it or to beat a single target against a wall.

A question: can you block the lightning sprite strike or the fire sprite charge? Can your shield block projectile spells? I've wanted to try but getting hit by those things is pretty risky if it can't.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#114 Feb 16 2012 at 11:46 PM Rating: Good
******
20,020 posts
So I just got those Shadow or... whatever daggers from that gnome quest in the... fateweaver place. I also have some Faeblades with a health absorb gem.

Add to that a respec to full finesse, and the 2-piece perfidious set bonus that gives +2 to all my finesse skills...

Yeah, I'm now DESTROYING everything I see. :P Generally just cycle between the two weapons depending on if I need healing or not.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#115 Feb 17 2012 at 12:42 AM Rating: Good
Kavekk wrote:
Yeah, it's not a rushdown fight. I found the first wave the hardest part, in that I was constantly being charged or having something spat at me or having the one-shot shadow wave thing she does flying towards me. Very hard to actually do any damage under those conditions.

The second wave's only a bog thresh and a sprite or some sh*t like that.


Chakrams are pretty fun, but probably too good. I only really use my faeblades for the fun of it or to beat a single target against a wall.

A question: can you block the lightning sprite strike or the fire sprite charge? Can your shield block projectile spells? I've wanted to try but getting hit by those things is pretty risky if it can't.


Yeah you can block them. It helps though to have a high elemental resistance. As a Might/Sorc Crusader I get some nice ele resist and I also have it on my shield and armor. The sheilds in particular will say things like "+10% magic block efficiency" for example. I tend to blink dodge when trying to position for a big group then block the things they throw or charge at me.

And yes Chakrams are ridiculous. Great speed, range, multiple targets, and strong elemental effects like 33 fire damage over 3 seconds etc. They are my go to weapon for thinning out a big group of small mobs that are interrupting the **** out of me. My spells are also getting pretty **** crazy now atm as well. I use the might quake, the fully talented chain lighting, and the frost bolts.

Then when I am not getting knocked around anymore I clean up with my greatsword since it can charge swirl chain juggle a single target down like a beast.
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#116 Feb 17 2012 at 1:30 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
29,373 posts
Kavekk wrote:
Maid of Windamere was very hard, not sure if it was meant to be or if I was underleveled (I was 14). Easily the hardest thing in the game so far, though.

Oh, and sprite champions are bullsh*t.
I'm about level 14 right now as well, and getting fairly close to her, but since I've been **** near one shotting most mobs since my crafting my newest sword(trolls are the exception), I'm not expecting her to end up all that difficult.
#117 Feb 17 2012 at 9:11 AM Rating: Good
Terrorfiend
*****
12,905 posts
It wasnt hard no. I was able to easily kill her within my fatemode, which I popped right when the fight started.

Sounds like finesse is more difficult to play as. Maybe i'll try that.
#118 Feb 17 2012 at 10:10 AM Rating: Good
KTurner wrote:
It wasnt hard no. I was able to easily kill her within my fatemode, which I popped right when the fight started.

Sounds like finesse is more difficult to play as. Maybe i'll try that.


That's what I was thinking as well. Seems like a late bloomer just looking at the talents. I'm going to finish this play as might/Sorc and then go back to my pure finesse guy for my next play to see if daggers/faeblades and Bow ever get stronger. Seems like bow would get much better higher up once you get the rain of arrows and whatnot. But early on Chackrams seem way better. Especially with 6 points and the special move points from Sorc.

I dunno if I could resist Fin/Sorc though, for a pure Fin build. Poison blink does look really fun. XD
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#119 Feb 17 2012 at 10:48 AM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
Yeah, fate mode kind of trivialises boss fights. I only use it on trash, or when I'm not in the mood to play tag with a troll.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#120 Feb 17 2012 at 11:17 AM Rating: Good
Terrorfiend
*****
12,905 posts
I'm with ya. Maybe I should just pretend it doesn't exist. Would definitely put the difficulty where i want it.

#121 Feb 17 2012 at 11:52 AM Rating: Good
******
20,020 posts
I have this neurotic need to use it to KILL the boss though. Seems wrong not to...

--Kill animations
--Experience Bonus
--Killing them by directly terminating their fate

Yeah, just seems right. Especially against Fae bosses. They ALL feel the need to tell you that they'll just return, and I'm like LOL THAT'S WHAT YOU THINK.

It really irritates me that I end up watching the gauge on the kill instead of the actual animation, though. Before it, I'm waiting for it to pop up. During I'm trying to see how high my bonus is (and seeing what key to use). After, the thing is dead. :(
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#122 Feb 17 2012 at 2:09 PM Rating: Good
I tried going Bow!Finesse after getting a decent bow from a quest. I just couldn't do it, though. Every weapon besides bow (and I guess scepter, too) has some kind of HOLYCRAPHUGELIEKXBOX animation that is over the top and awesome.

Bows, on the other hand, are incredibly boring. Thunk. Thunk. Thunk. Out of arrows. Run away for a bit. Thunk. Thunk. Thunk. Repeat.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129
#123 Feb 17 2012 at 2:39 PM Rating: Good
******
20,020 posts
The out of arrows thing keeps me from being interested in bows. I guess they could be cool as a sniping tool or something. But I ultimately would rather have an inexhaustible weapon.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#124 Feb 17 2012 at 2:43 PM Rating: Good
Seems like if you took the points all the way up the bow tree though you would have a grip of arrows. And there is something to be said for straight line attacking weapons. You point, you shoot, it hits that target.

It's not flashing all over while you wonder where the F it goes next in the sequence lol.

Next play I will make bows supreme! That is my mission. But seeing as this is a really long game so far, it might be a while until I get around to it heh.
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#125 Feb 17 2012 at 2:45 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
29,373 posts
IDrownFish of the Seven Seas wrote:
I tried going Bow!Finesse after getting a decent bow from a quest. I just couldn't do it, though. Every weapon besides bow (and I guess scepter, too) has some kind of HOLYCRAPHUGELIEKXBOX animation that is over the top and awesome.

Bows, on the other hand, are incredibly boring. Thunk. Thunk. Thunk. Out of arrows. Run away for a bit. Thunk. Thunk. Thunk. Repeat.
It's kinda fun to knock things in the air with a sword and shoot em Devil May Cry style, but it's not very practical against multi-packs.
#126 Feb 17 2012 at 2:55 PM Rating: Good
Terrorfiend
*****
12,905 posts
I should just restart now, go pure ranger style, and be as evil as possible. There have been 2 times now where i strongly considered going the evil route...

I always say 'ill play through again all evil' and then can never actually play through the game again.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 91 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (91)