Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Skyrim, or, How I Ruined My LifeFollow

#752 Nov 28 2011 at 4:01 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
5,530 posts
Ugh, haven't had time to play this recently. Been too focused on KOR before my beta time runs out. Smiley: glare
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129

#753 Nov 28 2011 at 4:02 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,684 posts
Bethesda wrote:
Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead
Dragon corpses now clean up properly
Smiley: lolSmiley: laughSmiley: lol

Even though I knew those problems occur, reading them still amuses me. I'm thrilled about the dragon bones update, though now I can't properly display my hundreds of dragon corpses outside my houses...
____________________________
Signature starts here.
#754 Nov 28 2011 at 4:06 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,866 posts
Archery skillups are also horribly slow, it feels like.

For one thing, if using them with stealth, 1-2 arrows kills a target. But even when I fight with arrows exclusively, it just always seems to take forever. Way longer than one-handed, from what I can tell.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#755 Nov 28 2011 at 4:52 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,957 posts
I had one dragon attack inside Whiterun. Right by the Warmaiden's. I killed it, and the corpse stayed there, wouldn't clear. And one day I fast walked in, and it was gone. Thought it was finally fixed. Then I walked up to the Talos preacher, and the corpse was Spazing out in the statue.

Then, every time I entered, it was clipping in a different building. Once it was right inside of Breezehome, head out the door, tail out the back, wings out the side. Looked kind of neat.

It'll be sad to see my Whiterun perma-skeleton disappear.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#756 Nov 28 2011 at 6:23 PM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,102 posts
ArexLovesPie wrote:
I'm level 48 so powerleveling ench/smith/alch is just another thing to do. I'm thinking though that I might bump up to a higher difficulty when I'm finally finished with all of them just because the damage output I have is going to be near insanity.

Man I can't even imagine having 5/5 one handed damage perk, plus full +one handed damage on your gear and a dagger at legendary status with the 15x perk as well as the double backstab gloves. Even now I'm doing like 1500 a backstab, with all of that it would easily breach the 4k damage range.

EDIT: The theives guild has a quest where you get some pretty interesting info on the falmer. Won't say which one but it's relatively early.

Edited, Nov 28th 2011 1:33pm by ArexLovesPie


I put 45% increased one handed damage on four pieces of armor and put few perks into one handed. I took out an Ancient dragon with three hits and upped the difficulty. Enchanting really can make the game way too easy on normal.
#757 Nov 28 2011 at 7:24 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,162 posts
Quote:
PS3 update was here when I got on after class this afternoon. So far, so good on the lag issues.


Same here. It's running really smooth now. It was not game breaking before but the patch made a noticeable difference.
#758 Nov 28 2011 at 7:59 PM Rating: Good
Well I went ahead and did it. I went back to my Nord and completed the main quest. It was a pretty cool story. Although I upped my smithing to get dragon armor(legendary) I did not over enchant my stuff. I was still pretty strong against the stuff on the way to the final fight but I did almost get smoked by the power of a certain dragon's breath becuase IT BURNS pretty strong.

And now for some thoughts on my Skyrim experience: !!Super Cereal Spoiler Warning Here!! I am going to talk about several plot elements and my choices.

On the ending I received:

One part that is cool about a never ending sandbox is it never ends. But there is a downside to that. After the dragons on The Throat of the World were done talking to me when I got back from Sovergaurde I got kind of a mild letdown. In Fallout New Vegas or Dragon Age Origons it sucks becuase BAM the game is over if you complete the mainquest. But on the other hand you get a cool tailor made epilogue about how your choices affected the world. I don't know what the happy medium is between that.

On my Nord I did the things that felt right for a brutish but noble Nord warrior. I drove the Empire from Skyrim. I did not kill Parthanax. I refused to join the Thieves guild or learn to much magic from the College. I wandred around and helped people whenever I could. It was a fun experience. It felt right to complete the main story as a Nord.


On mini-plot climaxes and stabbing:

I feel like the story line for Thief/Assassins was the most compelling story arc, even more so than the main quest in some ways. On my Dark Elf I started with the thieves guild and completed that first. Then I joined the Dark Brotherhood. Initially I had planned to take them out in the name of the thieves. But as such things happen I found myself liking them. In the end I went through the entire plot and took out the Emperor. The twists and turns for that were really epic. I made one more contract with the emperor before killing him. Then went back and killed the guy who had started it all. After taking his 20k of course.

The whole thing felt really satisfying.



I do plan to play some more after a break. Maybe try and come up with some wacky concept builds or take my mage into really high destruction spells I did not get to play with yet just completing the mages college. But the last weeks have certainly been a huge Skyrim glut for me. Oh Hi friends I have not called in days, and all of that. Smiley: blush


____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#759 Nov 28 2011 at 8:14 PM Rating: Good
feelz wrote:
Quote:
PS3 update was here when I got on after class this afternoon. So far, so good on the lag issues.


Same here. It's running really smooth now. It was not game breaking before but the patch made a noticeable difference.


It helped but after getting into it a bit tonight, it's still pretty lagged in towns with a few people around. Oh well, such as life.
____________________________
"Beyond poor, Beyond ostracized, Destined to be obscured" Black Nurse
#760 Nov 29 2011 at 8:53 AM Rating: Good
******
43,937 posts
Ha ha no shield glitch I didn't want a house in Falsworn country anyway.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#761 Nov 29 2011 at 9:28 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,131 posts
ArexLovesPie wrote:
Program a macro key on your mouse that opens up the console, right clicks where you're pointing and types in resurrect.

Huzzah never ending skill ups!


Since you're already in the console, why not just:

player.setav skillname 100

Once you go down that road, though, the game turns seriously boring. Not to mention, it'll only modify your skill, not add levels, so you'll have find the individual perks (help "perk name" 4) and then add them manually (player.addperk id code).

I spent 15 minutes in the console and was 100 everything with perks.

Yawn.

That's when I loaded an earlier save and just played the game.

Edited, Nov 29th 2011 4:29pm by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#762 Nov 29 2011 at 10:09 AM Rating: Good
***
1,603 posts
Mazra wrote:
ArexLovesPie wrote:
Program a macro key on your mouse that opens up the console, right clicks where you're pointing and types in resurrect.

Huzzah never ending skill ups!


Since you're already in the console, why not just:

player.setav skillname 100

Once you go down that road, though, the game turns seriously boring. Not to mention, it'll only modify your skill, not add levels, so you'll have find the individual perks (help "perk name" 4) and then add them manually (player.addperk id code).

I spent 15 minutes in the console and was 100 everything with perks.

Yawn.

That's when I loaded an earlier save and just played the game.

Edited, Nov 29th 2011 4:29pm by Mazra

player.moveto a2c94 is one I have to keep written down. It makes you warp to where Lydia is. 2 times now I've told her we need to go our separate ways and she says she will head home but never does. She ends up standing where ever I told her to go home. She also doesn't get tired like she does when she is told to wait. She will just stay there forever it looks like. First time I really thought she was dead because I waited and logged out and everything but she never showed back up. I've gotten into the habit of writing down the little code thing for other followers as well in case they vanish on me.
And if you are really lazy, you can always write the code of NPCs you frequent and just warp right to them. May be bad if it's someone who is now in their house and they think you've broken in.

On another note.. Not sure how many people got pickpocketing to 100 and got the perk but it's kind of funny. You can steal the clothes right off their backs (and butts lol) and they are just left in their undies. Most never get dressed again. Entire towns are undies only except there are certain NPCs that you can't do that. There are some NPCs (adults) that aren't wearing any stealable clothes as far as the game seems to be concerned. Not sure why. There's a girl in whiterun who wants an elephant tusk. You can't steal her clothes and AFAIK she is an "adult" NPC because you can steal stuff from her but not clothes.

Edited, Nov 29th 2011 11:14am by MrTalos
#763 Nov 29 2011 at 10:26 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,131 posts
Ah, the Mammoth Tusk chick. Yeah, I remember her. I remember her all too well.

Got the quest at level 4 or 5 and proceeded to go out and kill myself on a huge-*** elephant. So after loading the save, I came to the conclusion that the only reasonable thing to do would be to try again. Smiley: schooled

Ten deaths later, including one after I kited the mammoth with my bow halfway to Rorikstead and then ran into a bandit camp, I decided to just use 'tgm' for that single kill.

A couple of levels later, I found some mammoth tusks in a bandit dungeon. Smiley: facepalm
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#764 Nov 29 2011 at 10:49 AM Rating: Good
*****
19,866 posts
Mazra wrote:
Ah, the Mammoth Tusk chick. Yeah, I remember her. I remember her all too well.

Got the quest at level 4 or 5 and proceeded to go out and kill myself on a huge-*** elephant. So after loading the save, I came to the conclusion that the only reasonable thing to do would be to try again. Smiley: schooled

Ten deaths later, including one after I kited the mammoth with my bow halfway to Rorikstead and then ran into a bandit camp, I decided to just use 'tgm' for that single kill.

A couple of levels later, I found some mammoth tusks in a bandit dungeon. Smiley: facepalm


I'm guessing it was the Halted Steam Camp dungeon right outside Whiterun. And I'm guessing you got TWO quests to clear it--one from an innkeeper and one from the guy who wanted his sword back. And, if I remember correctly, you are led to all those npcs at around the same time as Ysolda or whatever her name is.

:P

[EDIT]

Also, that cave has a spell book for transmute--definitely worth checking it out for anyone. On top of the mammoth tusks (which you only need one of and can sell the rest), there are some mineral veins, usually an enchanted item or two, some chests, some ingots. And the spell turns one [ingot or ore--can't remember which] to the next quality metal. Extremely useful.

Edited, Nov 29th 2011 11:51am by idiggory
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#765 Nov 29 2011 at 11:04 AM Rating: Good
Official Shrubbery Waterer
*****
14,061 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
Also, that cave has a spell book for transmute--definitely worth checking it out for anyone. On top of the mammoth tusks (which you only need one of and can sell the rest), there are some mineral veins, usually an enchanted item or two, some chests, some ingots. And the spell turns one [ingot or ore--can't remember which] to the next quality metal. Extremely useful.

Iron ore into silver ore into gold ore.

Doesn't work on ingots, which makes sense since one iron ore equals one ingot, but it takes two gold ores to make one gold ingot.
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
I'm biased against statistics

#766 Nov 29 2011 at 12:58 PM Rating: Good
Ok I just got my idea for my new wacky concept build guy: Khajit with no weapons! I'm going to use bound bow for ranged. Which gives skills in conjuration and archery when used and can be perked to soul trap and dispel daedra. Then I'm going to get the pugilist gloves from the brawler in the ratway and break them down for the fortify unarmed damage enchant.

*Edit: I wonder how much just having heavy gloves on will effect sneak if all else is light armor? Fist of steel perk would be cool. Also got my first unarmed fatality animation escaping Helgen. He grabed his throat and sort of facepunch broke his neck. +15 damage fists is pretty strong early on.





Edited, Nov 29th 2011 11:47am by Shojindo
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#767 Nov 29 2011 at 2:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,972 posts
Shojindo of the Ten Storms wrote:
Ok I just got my idea for my new wacky concept build guy: Khajit with no weapons! I'm going to use bound bow for ranged. Which gives skills in conjuration and archery when used and can be perked to soul trap and dispel daedra. Then I'm going to get the pugilist gloves from the brawler in the ratway and break them down for the fortify unarmed damage enchant.

*Edit: I wonder how much just having heavy gloves on will effect sneak if all else is light armor? Fist of steel perk would be cool. Also got my first unarmed fatality animation escaping Helgen. He grabed his throat and sort of facepunch broke his neck. +15 damage fists is pretty strong early on.

I'd like to know how this goes. Seems like it could be fun; reminds me of "Kung fu Hardcore Ascension" in Kingdom of Loathing (which later become an actual path). Of course, there's not a ton of benefits compared to weapons, but it could still be fun.
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#768 Nov 29 2011 at 3:42 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,131 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I'm guessing it was the Halted Steam Camp dungeon right outside Whiterun.


Sounds about right, yeah. It had a lot of mammoth corpses in it.

idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
And I'm guessing you got TWO quests to clear it--one from an innkeeper and one from the guy who wanted his sword back. And, if I remember correctly, you are led to all those npcs at around the same time as Ysolda or whatever her name is.


I ran into Mammoth Chick when I ran from Riverwood to Dragonreach the first time. Was talking to a bunch of people in Whiterun, including the guy who wanted his sword (Amlen? Amren?), but I didn't track his quest (first time playing, was still trying to figure out how it worked) so I didn't notice the waypoint at the dungeon.

As for Mammoth Chick, it went something like:

Her: "Get me a shrubbery tusk!"
Me: "Yes, ma'am! I saw some mammoths outside the city, I'll be right back!"
*death*
*death*
*death*
...
Me: "Got the tusk, ma'am!"
Her: "Kthxbai!"

It's pretty obvious that you should go to that dungeon to get the tusk, but unless you know the dungeon is there, your first thought is likely to go out and kill a wandering mammoth yourself, which results in pain. Lots of pain.

By the way, that Amlen guy with the sword... was I drunk the second time I played through that quest, or does the location of the sword change? I could have sworn I went east of Whiterun to a river and a tower the second time I did that quest.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#769 Nov 29 2011 at 3:44 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,866 posts
It's been in that cave each time I've done it. But, due to the nature of the radiant story system, it's fully possible that it will be elsewhere if you clear (or maybe just discover) that cave first.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#770 Nov 29 2011 at 4:10 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,162 posts
Quote:
I could have sworn I went east of Whiterun to a river and a tower the second time I did that quest.


That's where it was for me also on my 2 characters.
#771 Nov 29 2011 at 5:10 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,937 posts
I had no problem with slow down on the PS3. Not a one. Until today, when I snuck up on a dragon and shot it's sphincter with an iron arrow and suddenly the guy is going buck wild a million miles in the sky causing all kinds of slow down and I can't kill the stupid dragon and I almost through the controller through my office door and it would have hit my receptionist/slave monkey which would have been hilarious but I probably would have been in trouble and I just decided to use as little punctuation in this sentence for no other reason than this is how I am thinking this particular post right this minute and I still couldn't get that shield so **** that house I'll go for the Butcher's House in Windhelm.

The end.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#772 Nov 29 2011 at 5:51 PM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,102 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:
Shojindo of the Ten Storms wrote:
Ok I just got my idea for my new wacky concept build guy: Khajit with no weapons! I'm going to use bound bow for ranged. Which gives skills in conjuration and archery when used and can be perked to soul trap and dispel daedra. Then I'm going to get the pugilist gloves from the brawler in the ratway and break them down for the fortify unarmed damage enchant.

*Edit: I wonder how much just having heavy gloves on will effect sneak if all else is light armor? Fist of steel perk would be cool. Also got my first unarmed fatality animation escaping Helgen. He grabed his throat and sort of facepunch broke his neck. +15 damage fists is pretty strong early on.

I'd like to know how this goes. Seems like it could be fun; reminds me of "Kung fu Hardcore Ascension" in Kingdom of Loathing (which later become an actual path). Of course, there's not a ton of benefits compared to weapons, but it could still be fun.


Sounds like a good way to get crushed by every passing mage that comes your way. I suppose with prolific use of the Fus Ro Dah it could work, but not easily.
#773 Nov 29 2011 at 6:29 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,866 posts
The slowdown glitch was hurting me. Part of the reason why I kept restarting. Once the files hit 5.5mb, I got extreme lag. So I'm actually really excited that I don't need to worry about getting too far now.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#774 Nov 29 2011 at 6:51 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,131 posts
Is it the quicksave lag?
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#775 Nov 29 2011 at 7:23 PM Rating: Good
Turin wrote:
LockeColeMA wrote:
Shojindo of the Ten Storms wrote:
Ok I just got my idea for my new wacky concept build guy: Khajit with no weapons! I'm going to use bound bow for ranged. Which gives skills in conjuration and archery when used and can be perked to soul trap and dispel daedra. Then I'm going to get the pugilist gloves from the brawler in the ratway and break them down for the fortify unarmed damage enchant.

*Edit: I wonder how much just having heavy gloves on will effect sneak if all else is light armor? Fist of steel perk would be cool. Also got my first unarmed fatality animation escaping Helgen. He grabed his throat and sort of facepunch broke his neck. +15 damage fists is pretty strong early on.

I'd like to know how this goes. Seems like it could be fun; reminds me of "Kung fu Hardcore Ascension" in Kingdom of Loathing (which later become an actual path). Of course, there's not a ton of benefits compared to weapons, but it could still be fun.


Sounds like a good way to get crushed by every passing mage that comes your way. I suppose with prolific use of the Fus Ro Dah it could work, but not easily.


It's actually working great so far. Stronger than my mage was early on. I decided to go heavy armor so I could get Steel fists (fist armor class = weapon damage) just using the pugilist gloves the rest heavy. Once I got 30 heavy armor I disenchanted the pugilist gloves and put weaker versions on as much armor as I could with just a couple Conjuration spells cost less enchants.

I had to go into Fort Amol to find the Summon bound bow spell and it was full of casters. I beat them down pretty easy with the help of my bound doggy. Now I have the awesome daedric bow spell for ranged with a perk to increase it's damage and fists of the northstar.

First dragon in Whiterun I shot with the bound bow and then I went up and punched his dragon *** in the face!

Next stop is Boethia's shrine:to get the evil ebony chain mail that does poison damage up close and has sound muffle built in for heavy armor sneaking.*Edit just found out you can't get that until your 30 O.o ahh well


Then I am going to join the legion as a mage scout and see what it like to punch Stormcloaks.

This must be semi intended becuase the unarmed boost can be put on most everything. And I have seen 3 separate fatalities already. One of them you push the guy to his knees and then just punch his face in with sick crackly noises.






Edited, Nov 29th 2011 6:31pm by Shojindo
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#776 Nov 29 2011 at 9:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,972 posts
Shojindo of the Ten Storms wrote:
This must be semi intended becuase the unarmed boost can be put on most everything.

Really? The Elder Scrolls wiki page on enchanting said only gloves and ring can be enchanted with unarmed. It would be nice if they were wrong!
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#777 Nov 29 2011 at 10:06 PM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
Mazra wrote:
Is it the quicksave lag?


I've been getting a ton of auto-save lag lately. I tend not to use the quick save feature too much, but every time I transition zones or use the fast travel option, the auto-save kicks in and sometimes it's a good 15-20s before things calm back down. I'm running the game off an SSD, too, so there's something funky going on.
#778 Nov 29 2011 at 10:19 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,866 posts
Mazra wrote:
Is it the quicksave lag?


No--constant lag that affected you everywhere. There would only be small periods of smooth running. Everything's good since the patch though.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#779 Nov 29 2011 at 11:32 PM Rating: Good
LockeColeMA wrote:
Shojindo of the Ten Storms wrote:
This must be semi intended becuase the unarmed boost can be put on most everything.

Really? The Elder Scrolls wiki page on enchanting said only gloves and ring can be enchanted with unarmed. It would be nice if they were wrong!


Well color me corrected. Smiley: blush When I got the idea I did some research and a thread said the guy had put it on near everything. When I first started I just used the gloves becuase I knew my weak chanting would not add up. But I just checked and I now that I broke them I did only put it on my ring and my gloves. I had already put some - conj on head to cast the expesive Bound bow apell before the adept perk. So it works out.

/shrug maybe they patched it. Still working ok so far though alternating between bow and fists.

Edited, Nov 29th 2011 9:33pm by Shojindo
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#780 Nov 29 2011 at 11:57 PM Rating: Good
**
489 posts
I've got a question for everyone. Which view are you playing in, first or third person? I know it was designed primarily as a first person view with an option to go to third. While I have no problem with people that play first person view games, I find that they just aren't for me. I want to like them, they're just not my play style. I prefer to see my character on screen with nice gear. Plus, the area doesn't feel so confined. I know many people feel that adds to the immersion of the game and that's a valid reason. Again, just not my play style. So glad they gave us a choice.
How about it?

Which view do you use?
First person.:11 (42.3%)
Third person.:1 (3.8%)
A mix of both.:10 (38.5%)
Wait, there's an option?:4 (15.4%)
Total:26
#781 Nov 30 2011 at 12:48 AM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,684 posts
I typically play in first person because that how I've played all my other Elder Scroll games. I will switch to third person though just to watch myself slashing through a cave and always when I fight a dragon.
____________________________
Signature starts here.
#782 Nov 30 2011 at 1:03 AM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,102 posts
I use first person pretty much all of the time. I only use third for avoiding traps that have been activated, like those silly spears that poke out of walls and swinging axes in narrow hallways. It's easier to avoid them when I can see where my body is positioned.

Tonight I finally found a shield with Fire resistance so I was able to finish off my armor set by putting 42% Fire and Frost resistance on it. Once I get the elemental perk in the Block category I'll be able to just stand around and laugh at dragons when they try to freeze/bbq me.
#783 Nov 30 2011 at 7:32 AM Rating: Decent
*****
11,576 posts
I play in first person most of the time. Third person is better in this game than I remember it from previous ES titles but for some reason I still find it to be kind of clunky. Also, after playing MMOs for so long, if I can't pull the camera way back in third person mode it doesn't really seem all that beneficial.
#784 Nov 30 2011 at 8:08 AM Rating: Good
Official Shrubbery Waterer
*****
14,061 posts
xypin wrote:
I typically play in first person because that how I've played all my other Elder Scroll games. I will switch to third person though just to watch myself slashing through a cave and always when I fight a dragon.

Pretty much this.
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
I'm biased against statistics

#785 Nov 30 2011 at 9:00 AM Rating: Good
******
43,937 posts
First person, mainly because I find it easier to spot enemies and since I snipe just about everything it works out easier. Once I switch to sword n' board I also switch to third person.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#786 Nov 30 2011 at 9:44 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,162 posts
First person. I'll sometimes switch to 3rd person when walking around town just so I can see my gear but never in combat.
#787 Nov 30 2011 at 9:57 AM Rating: Good
Sage
****
5,684 posts
Turin wrote:
Tonight I finally found a shield with Fire resistance so I was able to finish off my armor set by putting 42% Fire and Frost resistance on it. Once I get the elemental perk in the Block category I'll be able to just stand around and laugh at dragons when they try to freeze/bbq me.
Keep in mind the perk is not additive. So 50% resistance on armor + block perk = 75% resistance, not 100%.
____________________________
Signature starts here.
#788 Nov 30 2011 at 10:19 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,972 posts
xypin wrote:
Turin wrote:
Tonight I finally found a shield with Fire resistance so I was able to finish off my armor set by putting 42% Fire and Frost resistance on it. Once I get the elemental perk in the Block category I'll be able to just stand around and laugh at dragons when they try to freeze/bbq me.
Keep in mind the perk is not additive. So 50% resistance on armor + block perk = 75% resistance, not 100%.

Oooo, I did not know that. I was wondering why 40% magic resistance on my armor plus the block perk was still letting an Elder Dragon's breath BUUUUUUUURN!
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#789 Nov 30 2011 at 10:58 AM Rating: Good
I use first person when I'm looking at something or sniping enemies from far away but I like playing in third person for the most part. I get lost in first person view. I do wish I could pan out in the third person a little bit. I tend to walk around with my weapon drawn because it makes it zoom out a little.
____________________________
"Beyond poor, Beyond ostracized, Destined to be obscured" Black Nurse
#790 Nov 30 2011 at 11:27 AM Rating: Good
*****
19,866 posts
I largely play in first person, but sometimes do third person when running around, or for kicks.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#791 Nov 30 2011 at 11:44 AM Rating: Good
***
1,877 posts
Rarely do I ever switch to 3rd person. I tend to roll play quite a bit and it is a bit hard to do so while staring at the back of your characters head. I will look at my character in third person once and a while to see how epic/pathetic I look.

On the subject of Skyrim I currently have it on hold. I made a promise to a friend that I would play through Mass Effect 2 (I know, should have been higher on my list but mining planets is about as fun as doing taxes) if they would play Skyrim. He is one of the few who are indifferent to the game.
____________________________
#swaggerjacker
#792 Nov 30 2011 at 11:52 AM Rating: Good
*****
19,866 posts
Criminy wrote:
On the subject of Skyrim I currently have it on hold. I made a promise to a friend that I would play through Mass Effect 2 (I know, should have been higher on my list but mining planets is about as fun as doing taxes) if they would play Skyrim. He is one of the few who are indifferent to the game.


Well, still better than the system in ME1.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#793 Nov 30 2011 at 12:28 PM Rating: Good
***
1,877 posts
I hope they improve it even more for Mass Effect 3. I really do enjoy the rest of the game but I can only handle mining one planet at a time before I have to shut the game off and do something else. Smiley: frown
____________________________
#swaggerjacker
#794 Nov 30 2011 at 12:53 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,519 posts
I go into 3rd person for some stealthing just for fun, but other than that it's 1st person all the way.
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#795 Nov 30 2011 at 12:54 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,877 posts
Yahtzee does Skyrim. A solid video that had me laughing most of the time. Smiley: lol

Edit: NSFW and all that.

Edited, Nov 30th 2011 1:56pm by Criminy
____________________________
#swaggerjacker
#796 Nov 30 2011 at 1:16 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,866 posts
Yahtzee does positive reviews? Holy sh*t.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#797 Nov 30 2011 at 2:26 PM Rating: Good
Criminy wrote:
Yahtzee does Skyrim. A solid video that had me laughing most of the time. Smiley: lol

Edit: NSFW and all that.

Edited, Nov 30th 2011 1:56pm by Criminy


I think It's funny that "...and then I took an arrow to the knee." jokes are going meme right now. But that was a good Yahtzee for sure had me doing that laugh thing where it's outloud.
____________________________
An old silent pond...
A frog jumps into the pond,
splash! Silence again.

~ Matsuo Basho
#798 Nov 30 2011 at 3:30 PM Rating: Good
******
43,937 posts
I find it pointless to put more than a one second Soul Trap enchant on my bow.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#799 Nov 30 2011 at 3:47 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,866 posts
There are occasions were it makes sense, but for general purposes 1 sec will suffice.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#800 Nov 30 2011 at 5:14 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,519 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
Yahtzee does positive reviews? Holy sh*t.


He's done a couple in his time. I also find it funny that he basically said "I'm giving this a positive review, but part of my lack of complaining is due solely to having to review nothing but crappy shooters recently."
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#801 Nov 30 2011 at 5:30 PM Rating: Good
****
9,043 posts
Ok, so I am level 18, and I am now finding myself struggling to find motivation to play the game. I haven't played since Saturday.

I think Skyrim might actually be too big for my liking. And I'm already aware that I'm a bit disinterested.

Oblivion, I had the same sort of issue with, but that was due to the humongous load times for EVERYTHING. Skyrim doesn't have the same problem...

I will persevere, but I don't think this game's for me :(
____________________________
Likibiki ~ 75 WHM ~ 75 SAM ~ 75 THF ~ 75 SMN ~ 74 NIN
Pandemonium Server, FFXI. Retired. Gone but not forgotten.
Cailey ~ 90 DNC ~ 90 RDM ~ 90 BLM
Asura Server, FFXI. Adventurer Extraordinaire.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 76 All times are in CDT
Drulian, LockeColeMA, Anonymous Guests (74)