This is the main thread for help and issues reguarding WowReader. The previous threads can still be found v.3, v.2 and (older) v.1.
If you just need general usage instructions, be sure to check the Readme.txt included before asking any questions. If you have any problems, or run into any bugs, post here. If you encounter an error message that mentions error.txt, post it's contents here. If you have trouble patching, post the contents of patch.log and startup.log here.
"After entering my login info, I get an invalid-password error when I try to upload, and if I go back, my pw changed to a long string of ***'s."
- Ensure that you actually entered your correct login and password for this website. Be sure that both the login AND password are correct. They are both case-sensitive. If in doubt, or the error persists, try changing your password on the website, then entering the new one. The number of ***'s shown on the login screen is not related to the length of your password. The extra stars shown are not causing your problem.
"Profile not updating"
- Verify the Wr UI Addon is loading within the game. You can type /wver in game to confirm it's running. If it's not loaded, exit out of WoW and go to character select, then click on the "Addons" button and make sure its not disabled. If you've checked this, please mention it in your post so we can save some time.
- Ensure you're having Wowreader upload successfully after you've logged out from the game world on the character you wish to update.
- It can take a couple minutes between a successful upload and your profile reflecting the changes.
- Stats on profile search are updated hourly, not instantly, so if your profile shows the correct stats, but search doesn't, just give it some time.
"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."
- Fix this by installing the newest version of .NET
Error message: "Application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process id = 0x??? (????) Thread id = 0x??? (????)."
- This can be caused by a few different things.
. First, make sure that you installed WowReader to a local hard drive, and not to a network share.
. Next, try uninstalling, downloading the installer again and reinstalling wowreader.
. Finally, try deleting the WowReader SavedVariables file and WoW's WDB directory. By default, this would be the file "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<account>\SavedVariables\Wr2.lua", and the directory "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Cache". Log in and out of WoW after doing so, and they'll be recreated.
One final note: Off-topic posts in this thread will be deleted. Please don't use this thread for general questions.
Edited, Apr 5th 2007 10:25pm by rale
Edited, Mar 2nd 2009 11:07am by Darqflame