Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Skill-CappedFollow

#1 Mar 15 2011 at 12:00 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,022 posts
Anyone happen to have a subscription?
The video's (as far as I can see what they have) look interesting and potentially very helpful but I have no desire to pay for stuff I already knew.

Although they don't seem to have that much content yet, they do have Reckful as a contributor so there's that.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#2 Mar 15 2011 at 9:27 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,761 posts
I doubt its worth it.


Arena really just comes down to being elite at 1v1, playing with elite partners, using focus macros, knowing every ability in the game and making videos to become e-famous

Read Reckfuls guide to rogues on arenajunkies, its really nothing special at all. You can be #1 in the world and still offer no real valuable insight that a million other people havent already told you.
#3 Mar 16 2011 at 5:25 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,022 posts
True, but there's so few video's with arena play where people explain what they do. I still have a video from buddhist+Lewt playing rogue/balance where they explain their tactics and why and I'd love more of those type of videos.
That said, there doesn't seem to be anywhere near enoug content to be worth it right now.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#4 Mar 16 2011 at 12:55 PM Rating: Decent
Does it from behind...
Avatar
*****
13,048 posts
mikelolol wrote:
I doubt its worth it.


Arena really just comes down to being elite at 1v1, playing with elite partners, using focus macros, knowing every ability in the game and making videos to become e-famous

Read Reckfuls guide to rogues on arenajunkies, its really nothing special at all. You can be #1 in the world and still offer no real valuable insight that a million other people havent already told you.

Yeah, not really. You can be the best in the world at 1v1 but still fail at arena if you don't peel for your partners.

Skill-capped is a nice idea, but there's not enough content yet to justify it, though it might be worth it just for the forums (basically an AJ where you can ask any question you want without getting trolled/flamed into a derail).

For the record, I don't know too many rogues that know how to play the way Reckful does in this video. 99% of rogues just faceroll; they can target-swap and CC, but I doubt they ever consider playing defensively with some of their cooldowns.

Just my point of view after giving out years of extremely basic advice. Everyone always asks how to get better at PvP and where to find more advanced strategy, and $24/6 months isn't that expensive as long as the content is there (both forums and videos), IMO.
____________________________
The·oph·a·ny (thē-ŏf'ə-nē)
An appearance of a god to a human; a divine manifestation.
Rogue Hunter
#5 Mar 16 2011 at 1:05 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,022 posts
See, I really like that video and there's just so very very few of those type of video's on WCM, even for a heavily played PvP class like rogues.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#6 Mar 16 2011 at 10:30 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,761 posts
Hmm I take it back, thats an AMAZING video. If theres more like that, **** yeah its worth it, I should check it out further.
#7 Mar 17 2011 at 12:54 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,022 posts
The problem is that that seems to be half of all the rogue videos on the site right now Smiley: tongue
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#8 Mar 17 2011 at 11:17 AM Rating: Good
I wish people would post more videos that are just watching gameplay/listening to them on vent. I find that too many videos on WCM are all edited out the **** with effects and music that I really can't tell sometimes what's going on.
#9 Mar 17 2011 at 4:09 PM Rating: Excellent
****
7,545 posts
Hyolith, Hero Among Heroes wrote:
I wish people would post more videos that are just watching gameplay/listening to them on vent. I find that too many videos on WCM are all edited out the **** with effects and music that I really can't tell sometimes what's going on.


I'd rather watch people playing at a lower rating level with vent then the uber leet folks with loud music and fancy effects.
____________________________
Hellbanned

idiggory wrote:
Drinking at home. But I could probably stand to get laid.
#10 Mar 22 2011 at 4:04 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,680 posts
Quote:
I'd rather watch people playing at a lower rating level with vent then the uber leet folks with loud music and fancy effects.

Totally agree. I rarely resort to PvP videos for information simply because they are almost always exactly that: Self-indulgent "ZOMG look at what I did once" style **** sessions. Extra points if they play Yngwei Malmsteen mega-bonus-LOUD over their edited arena kills.

Other than the pay site, anyone know if there's a reliable source for commentated videos? As a dabbler in PvP, they would be invaluable.

If only TotalHalibut did PvP videos... sigh =)
____________________________
[h5]"I'm gonna need to see more math I don't understand to believe all this"
"I'm not directly saying that you're this type of person, but I am implying it." -- Pigtails of DOOM!
Therion the Light of Dawn - Phezz the Insane - Snaffu @ Proudmoore US[/h5]
#11 Mar 24 2011 at 3:20 PM Rating: Good
***
3,272 posts
I got lucky and Jiggs put out a few videos explaining stuff in s7/s8 like phd and tsg from dk perspective. Was incredibly helpful in learning how to play my dk. I guess thats the one nice thing about the dk forums on AJ, while they do derail a **** load the stickies have some pretty awesome information.
____________________________

(V)(;,,;)(V) Why not Zoidberg?
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 12 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (12)