Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

So eh, what's with the bumping?Follow

#1 Jul 24 2014 at 8:49 PM Rating: Good
***
2,830 posts
New forum code or some kind of forum hiccup that old posts are getting bumped without responses?
#2 Jul 24 2014 at 9:37 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,413 posts
Spammers. They're bumping and getting nuked, but the threads aren't getting re-sunk.

Edited, Jul 24th 2014 9:45pm by Poldaran
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#3 Jul 24 2014 at 9:49 PM Rating: Good
***
2,830 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
Spammers. They're bumping and getting nuked, but the threads aren't getting re-sunk.

Edited, Jul 24th 2014 9:45pm by Poldaran


Ahh, odd. Usually the threads get locked or buried or something. Odd. You'd think people would have better things to do than to make accounts and bump old threads lol.
#4 Jul 24 2014 at 10:05 PM Rating: Good
Lyrailis wrote:
Ahh, odd. Usually the threads get locked or buried or something. Odd. You'd think people would have better things to do than to make accounts and bump old threads lol.


It's actually being a pretty huge issue around here. It's a company (or companies) paying spammers to go on sites like this to do this kind of crap. Badly, I might add.

As far as Kao has mentioned, the majority of them seem to be coming from Indian IP addresses.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist anus.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129

#5 Jul 25 2014 at 6:29 AM Rating: Excellent
**
851 posts
They are not only bumping old threads. I posted in the General Gaming Discussion a few days back and there were only a handful of topics on the first page because so many spamthreads had been deleted.
Now it's seemingly back to normal.
____________________________
Osseric
#6 Jul 25 2014 at 10:06 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,413 posts
TherealLogros wrote:
They are not only bumping old threads. I posted in the General Gaming Discussion a few days back and there were only a handful of topics on the first page because so many spamthreads had been deleted.
Now it's seemingly back to normal.

You should see the DAOC forum. Smiley: laugh

15 pages without a topic.

Edited, Jul 25th 2014 10:07am by Poldaran
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#7 Jul 25 2014 at 1:51 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,875 posts
I've kind of abandoned the DAOC forum since no one was posting in it at all, ever. I may go clear it out one of these days, or we might just scrap it.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#8 Jul 25 2014 at 2:05 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,413 posts
No complaints. It's just amusing.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 48 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (48)