Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

WoD gold prep guideFollow

#1 Jul 13 2014 at 5:28 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
22 posts
Gold prep guide from http://mouseandkey.com/warlords-of-draenor-gold-preparation . Always one or two floating about pre-expansion.

Sell Now
MoP BoE Blues:
Sell them now. Remember that everyone who picks up WoD will be handed a free 90 boost, thus eliminating the need for these. Although, we know Blizzard has a habit of nerfing XP and making leveling easier – meaning any new toons will breeze through MoP content.

Overstock of Gems
Blizzard has been pushing this whole entire movement of having less gem slots, which means you shouldn’t expect to see random gem slots on leveling gear at all. We haven’t seen it as a constant thing since BC and I doubt you will see any pre instance gear with a gem slot on it. Not to mention any new gear we do acquire, may not even have gem slots on it. They want stats to be baselined coupled with the removal of reforging, so we may not even get gem slots until raid gear to make it feel “special” again. By the time gem slots start popping up on gear and people need gems you’ll already have the new gem cuts.
Jewelcrafting may lose its value as one of the top professions due to the major downsize in gems. Blizzard stated they were going to fill in the blank with new profession kinks but we still don’t know exactly how this will pan out. Personally, jewelcrafting wouldn’t be my first profession rushed this time around and may take a major hit with the attempt to shut down the shuffle.

Wild Cards
Garrisons:
To my knowledge Blizzard hasn’t stated how difficult the Garrisons are to acquire. With how beneficial they sound I don’t see them just handing them over free or even through a series of dailies / rep grinds (especially since they wanted to remove the rep grind requirements).
Garrisons also will have an unknown impact on professions, with the fact your followers will be able to mine, craft, etc, for you even when you are offline. How much damage they will do to the profession market is unknown. Not to mention they will allow for you to trade goods with friends – we may be in for a big rehash of how professions factor into gold making. Although, not everyone owned a farm during Mist of Pandaria so this could be an oversight.
GIO:
Ghost Iron Ore is a double edge sword. Currently it is required for random stuff - most importantly to power level blacksmithing (roughly 7200 GIO) which if left as is and not updated the price will rise to something crazy, with everyone focusing on new world mat. However if they do update the catch up method with new world mats that gold mine can morph into a sinking ship. Fast. To invest in GIO stocking is a coin flip, something I’d wait until more information is released.
Transmog Steals
See all the BoE epics from raids on the auction house for cheap? The ones that are destroyed by timeless isle gear. Stat wise in the current content they are terrible thus the low prices but as MoP material stops being ran they may come back at scorching prices as transmog gear. Something worth looking into and maybe even investing in if the price is right.

Sure Bets
Embersilk Cloth
ESC will be a gold mine. Why? Its already the highest selling cloth on the market (bolt wise) and will remain so. It serves as the biggest volume of bags sold due to not everyone being able to afford Royals and I have a strong feeling Blizzard will be patching the biggest “unknown by the public” source of Embersilk Cloth farming really soon. They have already hinted at it so I know its coming, I’m willing to bet over 50% of the supply will be shut down with the patch. I already stopped selling my current stock to save for later. Trust in the Embersilk.
Windwool Cloth
Another cloth that is a safe bet. Why? Because it’s cheap. You can buy a nice supply for next to nothing and run little to no risk doing so. Royals will be the biggest sized bags you will be able to obtain until some odd weeks after hitting max level. I’m sure IF they do release a new bag it will more than likely again be faction unlocked. Worse case here is you move it when the market dries up whilst people are busy in the new content.
Hypnotic Dust
It hasn’t gone anywhere and it won’t. I don’t see any catch up method being applied to enchanting to by pass the phase where Hypnotic Dust either rapes your bank account or rapes your free time. It is one of the most annoying things to deal with in any profession and I only see the price going up. This by NO means is telling you to buy it off the auction house, this is instead informing you to take a few hours a day or a week to farm those wonderful greens and start stocking the disenchanted mats. I don’t see HD biting the dust anytime soon.
MoP Mount Mats
The lovely thing about mounts is that they never become irrelevant. You will always want a certain mount which means any material that is required to make them (JC/Engineering mounts) will stay in demand.
Guardian Cub
You can still find this bad boy on the AH for 10k on the majority of realms, if you do, buy it. It has been removed from the store and I don’t think it will make its way back in. It will become a vanity item and eventually you’ll be looking at a nice price tag on this bad boy.
Altered Zone Recipes / Gear
This one is flying under the radar due to all the speculation about professions and such, but with the zones that are being altered we will be seeing items removed from the game. Recipes and specific mob drop gear will become priceless and fetch you a hefty penny. This is something you’ll have to take the time and research if you want to benefit from it.

If it isn’t getting you gold, it shouldn’t be getting your time.
____________________________
FFXIV Endgame Forums - http://www.eorzeaendgame.com
#2 Jul 13 2014 at 5:40 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,992 posts
RE:...

.....Embersilk Cloth:

I disagree. Dungeons drop lots of cloth naturally, and with Blizz's rules about soloing old content, Cata dungeons will be easy to solo and they drop lots of cloth for tailors. Even if they patch the Uldum Stairway, you'll still get plenty of cloth from any dungeon filled with humanoids. Also, the bags, Glacial Bags are 10x easier to get and are the same size as Embersilk Bags.

......Ghost Iron Ore:

Meh. Given the HUGE supply (and somewhat low-ish demand), GIO is not a sure-fire way to "get rich quick". It will make you OK money over time, but I don't expect it to be any better money-maker than Saronite was once Cataclysm dropped.

.......Hypnotic Dust:

HD isn't THAT hard to get. Again, dungeons spew greens out like crazy. Dungeons will be easy to solo. Even if you have horrible luck with dungeons, there's always the fact that you can make greens if you've another character with, say, Leatherworking (every 7 kills is 1 green item to disenchant). And add to the fact that there will be less Enchants, so Enchanting itself will be less desirable.

MoP Mounts/Pets: The market for these has already fallen to the point it isn't even worth sticking them up on the AH. I tried to sell a Pierre a couple months ago, and it took it ~5 weeks to sell and I had to slash the price by 60% until it finally sold and I was undercutting everybody else. Sky Golems, last I checked, sit on the AH for weeks without selling (Same seller, same price). Panthers are sold at break-even prices (22-25k where the orbs are 20k to buy).

WW Cloth: Buy it? You nuts? Farm (literally) it! You can get ~20 bolts per day out of your farm for next-to-nothing (16xWindshear Cactus). 5min and ~3g.

I agree with the "Sell your gems"... there's some good money to be made by vendoring gems. In fact, last I saw of Moon Guard's GIO prices... you're almost better off prospecting your GIO and vendoring cut gems than you are trying to AH the ore.
#3 Jul 13 2014 at 6:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
997 posts
FeroXs wrote:
Hypnotic Dust
It hasn’t gone anywhere and it won’t. I don’t see any catch up method being applied to enchanting to by pass the phase where Hypnotic Dust either rapes your bank account or rapes your free time. It is one of the most annoying things to deal with in any profession and I only see the price going up.


You know what is really annoying? People freely using the word 'rape' in such a context.
____________________________
Osseric
#4 Jul 13 2014 at 6:52 PM Rating: Good
***
2,992 posts
TherealLogros wrote:
FeroXs wrote:
Hypnotic Dust
It hasn’t gone anywhere and it won’t. I don’t see any catch up method being applied to enchanting to by pass the phase where Hypnotic Dust either rapes your bank account or rapes your free time. It is one of the most annoying things to deal with in any profession and I only see the price going up.


You know what is really annoying? People freely using the word 'rape' in such a context.


That too.

It sounds so.......immature. Gives me the impression I'm reading the words of a 15 year old who thinks rape is a humorous subject.
#5 Jul 14 2014 at 3:33 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
997 posts
Normally I don't say anything when I get rated down because, yeah, that's what happens and often I deserve it. But please, speak up whoever thinks my previous post in this thread was somehow wrong. I really want to read your reasoning...
____________________________
Osseric
#6 Jul 14 2014 at 7:30 AM Rating: Excellent
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,187 posts
TherealLogros wrote:
Normally I don't say anything when I get rated down because, yeah, that's what happens and often I deserve it. But please, speak up whoever thinks my previous post in this thread was somehow wrong. I really want to read your reasoning...


I didn't rate you down, but I think you're being over-sensitive. Also...

TherealLogros wrote:
You know what is really annoying? People freely using the word 'rape' in such a context.
Lyrailis wrote:
That too.

It sounds so.......immature. Gives me the impression I'm reading the words of a 15 year old who thinks rape is a humorous subject.


...you guys should probably look up the word in a dictionary. The word 'rape' originates from Latin and did not originally refer to forced sexual intercourse. It can also be used about anything that violates anything else, such as Hypnotic Dust violating your free time or your bank account.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rape
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#7 Jul 14 2014 at 11:22 AM Rating: Default
***
2,992 posts
RE:Mazra:

To be fair, Words evolve and change over time for various reasons.

As Rape is becoming a more sensitive subject in Today's society (back then in the medieval days, rapes were more commonplace and to be honest, not as heinous of a crime when women were thought of as property), it only stands to reason that the word itself is treated a lot more seriously.

In Today's World where the Woman is becoming more equal to the Man (society-wise), Rape (the sexual kind) is treated a lot more seriously than it was back then.

While the word might have had those other meanings way back when, there's really no reason one must use it; there are plenty of other ways to get the same point across without using such a sensitive and provocative word. If there were no other words one could use to say what the OP was saying, then I could see the point... but I could think of several different ways to phrase that and still get the point across.

That, and in many other forums/messageboards on the internet, usage of the word 'Rape' for anything other than heinous *** crimes can result in actions against the user (suspensions, and even bans on multiple offenses).
#8 Jul 14 2014 at 11:49 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,187 posts
Lyrailis wrote:
While the word might have had those other meanings way back when, there's really no reason one must use it; there are plenty of other ways to get the same point across without using such a sensitive and provocative word.


Sigh, this reminds me of the time I had to educate a Blizzard moderator on the use of the word 'retarded'.

Rape CAN mean the unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse, or any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person, or even statutory rape. However, the original meaning was and still is an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation; violation, or the act of seizing and carrying off by force.

Ever heard of the rape of the countryside? They're not referring to forced sexual intercourse with Mother Nature.

Words have different meanings. Speaking of which, I'll go light up a *** now. Yeah.

Edit: And don't get me wrong. If someone said "I raped that mother@#%^er in a duel", I would probably also consider it offensive use of the word, since it's obviously referring to the act of forced sexual intercourse (dominance). To my knowledge, however, Hypnotic Dust is not capable of having sexual intercourse with my bank or my free time.

Edited, Jul 14th 2014 9:59pm by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#9 Jul 14 2014 at 11:58 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
997 posts
Mazra wrote:
TherealLogros wrote:
You know what is really annoying? People freely using the word 'rape' in such a context.
Lyrailis wrote:
That too.

It sounds so.......immature. Gives me the impression I'm reading the words of a 15 year old who thinks rape is a humorous subject.


...you guys should probably look up the word in a dictionary. The word 'rape' originates from Latin and did not originally refer to forced sexual intercourse. It can also be used about anything that violates anything else, such as Hypnotic Dust violating your free time or your bank account.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rape


Maybe it's a language thing. I'm German and our word for 'rape' (= Vergewaltigung) has no harmless meaning (that I know of). Seems like I forgot to do my research properly. Smiley: frown
____________________________
Osseric
#10 Jul 14 2014 at 2:05 PM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,187 posts
TherealLogros wrote:
Maybe it's a language thing. I'm German and our word for 'rape' (= Vergewaltigung) has no harmless meaning (that I know of). Seems like I forgot to do my research properly. Smiley: frown


The Danish word for rape, when used figuratively, means abuse or violation of something. For instance, someone who is tiping liek dis is raping the English language.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 50 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (50)