Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

5.1 Patch NotesFollow

#52 Nov 30 2012 at 10:58 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,877 posts
Lyrailis wrote:


What about Razergore?

I was hearing some people going "you can't" and some said "I did", and then a Blizz guy said there's a new supposed tactic solo peeps are supposed to use, but I didn't quite understand what they were talking about (I've only seen the fight once).

I'd like to get the Judgment set (if I can find a pair of legs that goes along with the rest of the set; I ain't wearing no dress), so I'm kinda interested in that.


Here is a video on it. Seems infinitely easier.

____________________________
#swaggerjacker
#53 Dec 03 2012 at 6:19 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,008 posts
Criminy wrote:
Lyrailis wrote:


What about Razergore?

I was hearing some people going "you can't" and some said "I did", and then a Blizz guy said there's a new supposed tactic solo peeps are supposed to use, but I didn't quite understand what they were talking about (I've only seen the fight once).

I'd like to get the Judgment set (if I can find a pair of legs that goes along with the rest of the set; I ain't wearing no dress), so I'm kinda interested in that.


Here is a video on it. Seems infinitely easier.


In my personal experience, Razorgore is a chump. Took me two tries, because the first time I wasn't really understanding what I was supposed to do (haven't run BWL in like 3-4 years). Nailed it the second time without issue. As long as you can destroy the eggs within two orb cycles, you should have no issue.

C'thun is ridiculously easy as well. Killed him last night after being sucked down to his stomach twice. If I had run as my DPS spec instead of tank, I could have killed him with only one stomach trip.
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#54 Dec 04 2012 at 1:29 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,826 posts
Huh. I'm starting to wonder how difficult some of these bosses would be to solo as a mage. Would love to finish off my Netherwind set.
#55 Dec 04 2012 at 8:59 AM Rating: Good
***
2,992 posts
Apparently, the Enlightenment buff stacks to at least 8 hours, but yet it doesn't actually SEEM like 8 hours.

Mom claims that she's losing entire hours off the counter with just a few minutes played, and to be honest I keep logging into her character and she's staying near 4-5 hours even though I do the daily every day for her. She should be up to **** near 8 herself and I know she hasn't been on her monk ~4 hours a day; not enough XP gained and nothing else was done, so she must be telling the truth.
#56 Dec 04 2012 at 12:01 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,877 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
Huh. I'm starting to wonder how difficult some of these bosses would be to solo as a mage. Would love to finish off my Netherwind set.


The only boss you would have problem with is Vael. I don't know if they made it possible for a mage to easily solo him or not. Only one way to find out. /chopchop
____________________________
#swaggerjacker
#57 Dec 05 2012 at 1:26 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,826 posts
Criminy wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
Huh. I'm starting to wonder how difficult some of these bosses would be to solo as a mage. Would love to finish off my Netherwind set.


The only boss you would have problem with is Vael. I don't know if they made it possible for a mage to easily solo him or not. Only one way to find out. /chopchop
If he doesn't hit you with the insta kill debuff of the old days, Vael had a mechanic that makes mages nigh-invincible. Discovered it back when we were learning him during vanilla. While it might not work as well now in the days of insane health and mana pools, it could certainly help out a fair bit.

Blessing of the Red meant that we could keep up mana shield pretty much the entire fight. At worst, nowadays it should simply effectively a 500hp/s heal if we keep up the shield.
#58 Dec 05 2012 at 7:51 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,008 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
Criminy wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
Huh. I'm starting to wonder how difficult some of these bosses would be to solo as a mage. Would love to finish off my Netherwind set.


The only boss you would have problem with is Vael. I don't know if they made it possible for a mage to easily solo him or not. Only one way to find out. /chopchop
If he doesn't hit you with the insta kill debuff of the old days, Vael had a mechanic that makes mages nigh-invincible. Discovered it back when we were learning him during vanilla. While it might not work as well now in the days of insane health and mana pools, it could certainly help out a fair bit.

Blessing of the Red meant that we could keep up mana shield pretty much the entire fight. At worst, nowadays it should simply effectively a 500hp/s heal if we keep up the shield.

I'm not sure what caused issues with Vael previously, but I solo'ed him last week on my feral druid without even getting the insta-kill debuff cast on me. I think that means I beat him in 45 seconds or so? Essence of the red means pretty much unlimited energy for classes that use it. My gear is mostly tank stuff, and I sorta bite (heh, pun) at feral DPS, so I expect mages will be fine.

The whole "pets drop from raids!" change actually makes me super excited to solo old raids this week Smiley: grin Just wish they had pets dropping from Mount Hyjal or BT, as I still need the reputation in both of those. And I just dinged Exalted with Hydraxian Waterlords last week so it was annoying to have 0/3 pets drop from MC... but at least you can run that one in like 15 minutes (and make decent coin if Blood of the Mountain or Sulfuron Ingots drop). Luckily I only have Gluth to kill in Naxx; unfortunately he's also the most annoying, IMO. Both he and Patchwerk can still put up a fight. AQ40 is pretty much perfect; still need reputation, and still need the Twin Emperors' pet. Being able to kill C'thun is just icing on the cake... and it's like 2500 rep (plus bonuses).

Edit: The Darkmoon trainer is kicking my **** though. Only have two 25s and a 23... versus his three epic 25s. And only my Onyxia whelpling is strong against his magic eye; no other bonuses from my pets. I need a good elemental or something with elemental attacks to take down his tonk... the thing crits for almost 1200 Smiley: eek

Edited, Dec 5th 2012 8:55am by LockeColeMA
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#59 Dec 05 2012 at 8:15 AM Rating: Good
***
2,992 posts
Quote:
Edit: The Darkmoon trainer is kicking my **** though. Only have two 25s and a 23... versus his three epic 25s. And only my Onyxia whelpling is strong against his magic eye; no other bonuses from my pets. I need a good elemental or something with elemental attacks to take down his tonk... the thing crits for almost 1200


With having a guy that has PURPLE pets, I do not understand why they didn't put a #*&$&#*@)(@)@!#*ing stable master in DMF, or allow him to heal your pets.

I mean come on, Blizz... PURPLES? Yeah I get that you want the guy to be a challenge, but making us walk clear to the portal, go back out, go to town, heal and come back down for 2 out of 3 attempts is just lame.

Even with 3x Blue-quality 25s, this guy is Hard. All of his pets cheat like crazy and they have ridiculous HP. I can get him usually 2 out of 3 times, but it depends on what order he calls his pets out. If I get the eye first, I can usually do it. But I _hate_ that stupid @#*#*@( tonk.

NNNNNNGH.

And some idiot decided to NOT put a Stable Master nearby?
#60 Dec 05 2012 at 10:00 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,197 posts
I wish the Battle Pet dude would scale with the challenger's pets. I spent a token on that guy only to forfeit when I realized he could one-shot my pets. All the other challenges are doable regardless of your level or time spent playing, but the pet battle challenge requires you to level three pets up to 25. Lame.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#61 Dec 05 2012 at 11:34 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
611 posts
Mazra wrote:
I wish the Battle Pet dude would scale with the challenger's pets. I spent a token on that guy only to forfeit when I realized he could one-shot my pets. All the other challenges are doable regardless of your level or time spent playing, but the pet battle challenge requires you to level three pets up to 25. Lame.


yup i had to do the same thing....
____________________________
EQ acct
Rukkuss 71 Iksar SK 1.5 Epic
Mokkas 70 Halfling Druid 1.0 Epic
Turfidor 66 Barbarian Shaman 1.0 Epic
Simplid 70 chanter(boxed)
Trembledon(70 ranger)/Rumblesx(68 monk) combo
Thugak 58 warrior
Bertoxx server
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 54 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (54)