Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Druid or Warrior Follow

#1 May 01 2012 at 8:18 AM Rating: Default
2 posts
Hey guys i dont know wich one i should roll :S why should i roll a warrior and why a druid
#2 May 01 2012 at 8:20 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
606 posts
No one will be able to answer that question for you. My recommendation is play both and stick with the one you enjoy the most. While you are at it, you can always play all the jobs and go from there.
____________________________
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nghthawk Evenfall
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nytehawk Evenfall


Time is but a window,
Death is but a doorway,
I'll Be Back
#3 May 01 2012 at 8:22 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
27,904 posts
What do?
Warrior:1 (4.2%)
Druid:2 (8.3%)
choice 3 :8 (33.3%)
Sorry, I got confused by the butterfly ballot.:13 (54.2%)
Total:24
#4 May 01 2012 at 8:34 AM Rating: Good
***
1,679 posts
robo2207 wrote:
Hey guys i dont know wich one i should roll :S why should i roll a warrior and why a druid


Druid: You've been *********** before?
Warrior: I don't think so.
Druid: I'm ************ you right now.
Warrior: You are?
Druid: Can't you feel my **** ******* your mind?
Warrior: No, I can't really feel anything.
Druid: See? That's it. That's the art of it. I'm ************ the **** out of you

Roll a Druid, they are beast!
____________________________
"anything added to the game is technically content, even if it was only a giant, steaming pile of turds for us to climb for a paltry achievement." - Drusas

#5 May 01 2012 at 8:44 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,973 posts
Warrior.

Why? Because MoP is going to come out and there are going to be a ton of Monks (the new class of the expansion). All of them are going to be rolling for leather and a Druid is going to be caught in the pack, fighting for the same gear. Until they get mail, Shaman and Hunters will also be using leather, so those first 40 levels could be ugly.

____________________________
In Chinese: glasses are yanjing; eyes are yanjing, and the beer of Beijing is Yanjing. When speaking, the difference is in the tones. Did I just order a glass of beer or a glass of eyes?
#6 May 01 2012 at 8:54 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
12,018 posts
Can't go wrong either way.

Roll both! Smiley: nod
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#7 May 01 2012 at 10:54 AM Rating: Decent
2 posts
I have them both in lvl 20 and it looks like im going for the druid :)
#8 May 01 2012 at 10:56 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,679 posts
robo2207 wrote:
I have them both in lvl 20 and it looks like im going for the druid :)
Now go to the bored druid thread and make friends.
____________________________
"anything added to the game is technically content, even if it was only a giant, steaming pile of turds for us to climb for a paltry achievement." - Drusas

#9 May 01 2012 at 5:25 PM Rating: Excellent
*
161 posts
Druid has WAY more utility: melee dps, ranged dps, tanking, or healing.

Warrior is just melee dps or tank.

I have both at level 85. The druid is more useful.
#10 May 01 2012 at 5:58 PM Rating: Good
**
681 posts
Rhodekylle wrote:
Warrior.

Why? Because MoP is going to come out and there are going to be a ton of Monks (the new class of the expansion). All of them are going to be rolling for leather and a Druid is going to be caught in the pack, fighting for the same gear. Until they get mail, Shaman and Hunters will also be using leather, so those first 40 levels could be ugly.



Except you're forgetting Warriors already have high competition with Paladins (the most played class) and Death Knights with their drops. Strength plate always seems to be fought over.

I also don't believe Monks are going to be overplayed like DKs were in WotLK. They're overplayed in Beta, but that's because many are trying them out, but I don't see anyone but the people that really want to play a monk leveling them from 1-90 on launch especially if they aren't overpowered which so far only the Mistweaver sounds anything remotely OP). Not that it can't change, but I feel a lot of people will get bored with them as soon as they hit Outlands.

That said, Warriors look like they are going to get a lot of cool stuff come MoP that seems really fun to try out. But, only a druid can fulfill all four roles in the game so you can't pick a better class for that. The problem is their PvP viability is all over. Feral is good for arena, but only Balance seems to be needed for RBGs. If you want to just play a druid in all variations of the game, you'd have to learn to play more than one specialization.
#11 May 01 2012 at 7:39 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
606 posts
OnimenoJason wrote:
Rhodekylle wrote:
Warrior.

Why? Because MoP is going to come out and there are going to be a ton of Monks (the new class of the expansion). All of them are going to be rolling for leather and a Druid is going to be caught in the pack, fighting for the same gear. Until they get mail, Shaman and Hunters will also be using leather, so those first 40 levels could be ugly.



Except you're forgetting Warriors already have high competition with Paladins (the most played class) and Death Knights with their drops. Strength plate always seems to be fought over.

I also don't believe Monks are going to be overplayed like DKs were in WotLK. They're overplayed in Beta, but that's because many are trying them out, but I don't see anyone but the people that really want to play a monk leveling them from 1-90 on launch especially if they aren't overpowered which so far only the Mistweaver sounds anything remotely OP). Not that it can't change, but I feel a lot of people will get bored with them as soon as they hit Outlands.

That said, Warriors look like they are going to get a lot of cool stuff come MoP that seems really fun to try out. But, only a druid can fulfill all four roles in the game so you can't pick a better class for that. The problem is their PvP viability is all over. Feral is good for arena, but only Balance seems to be needed for RBGs. If you want to just play a druid in all variations of the game, you'd have to learn to play more than one specialization.



I might of missed it being only recently coming back to the game over a week ago, but who's to say that anyone deciding on Monk will have to start at Lv1. When DK was introduced they started out at 55. Perhaps they might do something similiar for Monks.
____________________________
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nghthawk Evenfall
FFXIV Gilgamesh: Nytehawk Evenfall


Time is but a window,
Death is but a doorway,
I'll Be Back
#12 May 01 2012 at 9:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
395 posts
SillyHawk wrote:
I might of missed it being only recently coming back to the game over a week ago, but who's to say that anyone deciding on Monk will have to start at Lv1. When DK was introduced they started out at 55. Perhaps they might do something similiar for Monks.


Monks start at level 1 and choose a faction at level 10 currently and I really don't see them changing that. Besides, DKs are a "hero" class which I believe was the reasoning for starting at 55 and Monks are not, so there's that too.
#13 May 02 2012 at 7:43 AM Rating: Excellent
Labiarinth wrote:
Druid has WAY more utility: melee dps, ranged dps, tanking, or healing.

Warrior is just melee dps or tank.

I have both at level 85. The druid is more useful.


LIES! I totally heal on my warrior with victory rush and bandaids! And can range dps with heroic throw and my gun/bow... Your argument is invalid!
____________________________
Alliance
90 Rogue - Aresella
90 Shaman - Aislynn
90 Warrior - Alazara
88 Mage - Gízmo
85 Druid - Araxi
85 Hunter - Xeliara
85 Priest - Alaxandra
85 Paladin - Kallísto
30 Monk - Faewyn
#14 May 02 2012 at 8:20 AM Rating: Excellent
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,218 posts
Warrior: "You want answers?"
Me: "I think I'm entitled..."
Warrior: "YOU WANT ANSWERS?!"
Me: "I WANT THE TRUTH!"
Warrior: "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH! ... Son, we live in a virtual world that has walls, including a fourth wall, and those walls need to be guarded by men and women with weapons. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Mr. Druid? You don't want the truth, because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you WANT me on that wall. You NEED me on that wall."
Me: "Do you want to be a Druid?"
Warrior: "I want to be whatever's..."
Me: "DO YOU WANT TO BE A DRUID?!"
Warrior: ********** RIGHT I WANT TO BE A DRUID!"

I rest my case. I'd put in a picture of Jack Nicholson screaming, but ZAM is being a ****** and won't allow me to upload images unless I'm paying for the VIP lounge. You'd think they'd trust me after 33k posts and ten years, but meh.

Edited, May 2nd 2012 4:29pm by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#15 May 02 2012 at 11:51 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
32 posts
To throw my two cents in:

I have both Druid (85) and Warrior (70). While my play style is predominantly melee, I am trying to make my druid be a ranged dps. Of course the problem I am running into is that ranged dps is boring (No offense meant).

So it is good that you have both classes and options within them, just make sure you try out everything. Don't think that druids are only Kitty cats when they are so much more. And don't think that warriors can only be tanks... they actually have pretty decent dps as well.

Of course, this is simply my two cents.
____________________________
Windrunner - US
Zestra 85 BElf Rogue
Easykill 85 BElf Paladin
Mycowisdead 85 Tauren DK
Coolmintoreo 85 Troll Druid
Sissyla 85 BELF Priest
#16 May 02 2012 at 7:44 PM Rating: Excellent
**
493 posts
Mazra wrote:
Warrior: "You want answers?"
Me: "I think I'm entitled..."
Warrior: "YOU WANT ANSWERS?!"
Me: "I WANT THE TRUTH!"
Warrior: "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH! ... Son, we live in a virtual world that has walls, including a fourth wall, and those walls need to be guarded by men and women with weapons. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Mr. Druid? You don't want the truth, because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you WANT me on that wall. You NEED me on that wall."
Me: "Do you want to be a Druid?"
Warrior: "I want to be whatever's..."
Me: "DO YOU WANT TO BE A DRUID?!"
Warrior: ********** RIGHT I WANT TO BE A DRUID!"
Screenshot

#17 May 02 2012 at 7:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Mazra wrote:
I rest my case. I'd put in a picture of Jack Nicholson screaming, but ZAM is being a ****** and won't allow me to upload images unless I'm paying for the VIP lounge. You'd think they'd trust me after 33k posts and ten years, but meh.


I'm pretty sure 10 years and 33k posts is evidence to convince them not to trust you, Maz.
____________________________
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a racist ****.

Steam: TuxedoFish
battle.net: Fishy #1649
GW2: Fishy.4129


Join us in the =4 subreddit!
#18 May 03 2012 at 4:34 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,218 posts
Touché.

And thanks, BonYogi.
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#19 May 03 2012 at 9:58 PM Rating: Excellent
**
493 posts
Smiley: thumbsup That picture ties the whole post together.

I also have a druid and warrior at 85, so let me add to the "roll a druid" side. As for why a druid, I believe it was Mazra who said it best...Instant flight > all.
#20 May 04 2012 at 12:54 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,904 posts
BonYogi wrote:
Teleportation > Instant flight > all.
Fixed that for you.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 71 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (71)