Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Wrath of the Lich King : What we know thus far.Follow

#252 May 27 2008 at 6:39 AM Rating: Decent
12 posts
any? race?? great the stupid little gnome now will cast me from afar toss me aside once i get to them
____________________________
-twizkid

(wait its not a signature?...but it says...w/e)
#253 May 27 2008 at 4:55 PM Rating: Default
17 posts
youse this link real footage of deathknight spells NO JOKE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkx0pVGJ1Os hope you enjoy as muc as i did
#254 May 29 2008 at 9:31 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,056 posts
Deaver wrote:
Can the Death Knight also be a female? ;)


Yep.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#255 Jun 01 2008 at 8:23 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,211 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
Deaver wrote:
Can the Death Knight also be a female? ;)


Yep.


Now for the real question. Is she hot?
____________________________
How to beat a warlock 1v1 is simple, call a priest or paladin to come save you.
Manicshock - 80 Warlock
Riine - 80 Warrior
Paka - 80 Druid Zangarmarsh
Never argue with an idiot. They will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
#256 Jun 03 2008 at 5:16 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,632 posts
I will probably be revamping this sticky soon in order to commemorate the site update. Stay tuned. ;)
____________________________
I've never seen so many dead hookers!
Caznode - <G for Guild> - Ysera
#257 Jun 03 2008 at 11:06 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,114 posts
manicshock wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
Deaver wrote:
Can the Death Knight also be a female? ;)


Yep.


Now for the real question. Is she hot?


I hear she's bloody cold. (Boom-tish)
#258 Jun 05 2008 at 10:39 AM Rating: Decent
*
94 posts
Ok, I have a question. It says we will be able to use flying mounts in Northend but I was wondering. Will we have to buy another mount or we will we be able to still have the same one we have now? I hope we don't have to buy another because those mounts are expensive.
#259 Jun 05 2008 at 1:44 PM Rating: Default
5 posts
this sounds so awesome but can we make a death knight and level him from scratch and our some of the hair changes going to include the mohawk, what about dreads or cool braids for the woman too...
Wiki Link[poll]
#260 Jun 05 2008 at 9:39 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,056 posts
warriorownage wrote:
Ok, I have a question. It says we will be able to use flying mounts in Northend but I was wondering. Will we have to buy another mount or we will we be able to still have the same one we have now? I hope we don't have to buy another because those mounts are expensive.


As I understand it, you will do a quest in the upper 70s to unlock your flying mount in Northrend. I wouldn't doubt that said quest may cost money, but I'm sure it won't be too much.

goblinnite wrote:
this sounds so awesome but can we make a death knight and level him from scratch and our some of the hair changes going to include the mohawk, what about dreads or cool braids for the woman too...


Wait...what?
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#261 Jun 06 2008 at 3:04 AM Rating: Default
3 posts
i'm sorry .... this is horrific!! what aterrible change!
#262 Jun 06 2008 at 11:49 AM Rating: Decent
I cant wait myself
#263 Jun 06 2008 at 5:45 PM Rating: Decent
**
502 posts
I hear that Deathknight starting area is the Old Naxxramas floating over Eastern Plaguelands... is this true?
____________________________
Twinks are small boys with big toys.

A brave minister in the movie "The Patriot" wrote:
A shepherd tends the flock and, at times, fights the wolves.
#264 Jun 06 2008 at 10:05 PM Rating: Decent
**
406 posts
Soulreign wrote:
I hear that Deathknight starting area is the Old Naxxramas floating over Eastern Plaguelands... is this true?


There's only one Naxxramas and that's getting completely moved to Northrend. They might just add another Ziggurat type floating building, but from current Alpha videos, DKs seem to start in an area near Stratholme.
____________________________
You are the Species, I am the Extinction
#265 Jun 07 2008 at 3:58 PM Rating: Decent
The question is what exact lvl will a death knight start out at?
#266 Jun 07 2008 at 5:47 PM Rating: Decent
**
502 posts
I read somewhere (I think it is in WoWWiki.com) that the cave where Arthas found his runeblade Frostmourne will be an instance... I wonder if a soulless Muradin Bronzebeard will be a boss there...
____________________________
Twinks are small boys with big toys.

A brave minister in the movie "The Patriot" wrote:
A shepherd tends the flock and, at times, fights the wolves.
#267 Jun 07 2008 at 7:50 PM Rating: Decent
**
406 posts
deathwingsservent wrote:
The question is what exact lvl will a death knight start out at?


As of right now, DKs start at lvl 55

Soulreign wrote:
I read somewhere (I think it is in WoWWiki.com) that the cave where Arthas found his runeblade Frostmourne will be an instance... I wonder if a soulless Muradin Bronzebeard will be a boss there...


The place you're talking about is actually Drak'Tharon Keep. As for the boss, nothing has been specified as of yet.

Edited, Jun 7th 2008 11:55pm by DartMatsuraki
____________________________
You are the Species, I am the Extinction
#268 Jun 09 2008 at 7:30 PM Rating: Decent
2 posts
On the blizzard website they said death knight will be level 55. To gain new abilites you must do quests.
#270 Jun 09 2008 at 9:49 PM Rating: Decent
**
406 posts
DartMatsuraki wrote:
Soulreign wrote:
I hear that Deathknight starting area is the Old Naxxramas floating over Eastern Plaguelands... is this true?


There's only one Naxxramas and that's getting completely moved to Northrend. They might just add another Ziggurat type floating building, but from current Alpha videos, DKs seem to start in an area near Stratholme.


I recently found this article about the DK starting area. Apparently it is another floating Ziggurat that goes by the name of Ebon Hold. It is connected to Tyr's Hand and the Noxious Glade.

You can watch a video and look at screenshots of the area here.

As a side note, that website right there (deathknight.info) has some awesome news about WotLK so if you're looking for new stuff about the expansion, that's the site you want to go to.

Edited, Jun 10th 2008 2:30am by DartMatsuraki
____________________________
You are the Species, I am the Extinction
#271 Jun 10 2008 at 8:07 AM Rating: Default
6 posts
I hope Wotlk comes out after finals in the fall. I would like to add to the expansion, weather effects that can actually hurt u over time, player built housing(although urban blight in UO was terrible) and if you take a boat to Northrend then the possiblity of NPC boats attacking you along the way. Or is that too much?
#272 Jun 10 2008 at 8:48 AM Rating: Decent
**
502 posts
So the Dark Lady Sylvanas Windrunner herself or a very loyal ambassador (possibly the banshee on her left or the Chief Apothecary on Undercity) will go to Northrend to oversee the deployment of their version of the undead plague. I have been wondering. Since it is almost certain that the representatives of the Dark Lady will not be asking help from the Alliance, what kind of faction will the Alliance be getting. Here are my thoughts:

  • Scarlet Onslaught: They will choose the lesser of two evils and side with the Alliance thinking that they are less tainted than the Horde
  • Order of the Silver Hand: They will do everything to stop another plague from being unleashed
  • Yeah, I know... Blizz will pit the 2 factions above against each other like they did with Aldor and Scryer
  • High Elves... Hey it is possible
  • The sanest idea on my head is the Explorer's League of Ironforge... They will be looking for Brann Bronzebeard and stumble on the Forsaken's plot


What do you think?
____________________________
Twinks are small boys with big toys.

A brave minister in the movie "The Patriot" wrote:
A shepherd tends the flock and, at times, fights the wolves.
#275 Jun 11 2008 at 1:26 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,056 posts
Soulreign wrote:
  • Scarlet Onslaught: They will choose the lesser of two evils and side with the Alliance thinking that they are less tainted than the Horde
  • Order of the Silver Hand: They will do everything to stop another plague from being unleashed
  • Yeah, I know... Blizz will pit the 2 factions above against each other like they did with Aldor and Scryer
  • High Elves... Hey it is possible
  • The sanest idea on my head is the Explorer's League of Ironforge... They will be looking for Brann Bronzebeard and stumble on the Forsaken's plot


What do you think?


The aldor/scryer choice of WotLK is supposed to be a choice between a group of intelligent Murlocs and a race of something else(wanna say wolfmen or something).

I believe there is to be an Alliance faction that involves High Elves pissed at Dalaran for allowing the Sin'dorei to rejoin its ranks. But I may have made that up in a dream. I'm a little tired right now.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#277 Jun 17 2008 at 9:45 PM Rating: Decent
Thanks for the info. Glad that I could find all this in one place :D
#278 Jun 18 2008 at 3:36 AM Rating: Decent
5 posts
Awesome post....and though I'm a long way from ever seeing any of it in game...I do look forward to it. Inscription sounds interesting. It will be fun to see how you go about doing it. Will it be a hammer and chisel type thing or will it be like creating scrolls using special inks and writing materials like feathers from mobs et al.

Work Hard. Play Harder.

Dothiel
#279 Jun 18 2008 at 6:45 AM Rating: Decent
ziggler wrote:
I hope Wotlk comes out after finals in the fall. I would like to add to the expansion, weather effects that can actually hurt u over time, player built housing(although urban blight in UO was terrible) and if you take a boat to Northrend then the possiblity of NPC boats attacking you along the way. Or is that too much?

not gonna happen.
____________________________
--- Mike ---
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Aside from the deep and complex parts, WoW is not deep and complex. Jordster
There are only 2 types of goldsellers in these parts. Dead ones, and dead ones that don't know it yet... Dread Lörd Kaolian
Stop hanging out with morons. That's probably impossible though because there are tons of morons out there. Mentalfrog

[wowsig]2577575[/wowsig]
#280 Jun 19 2008 at 12:54 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,056 posts
Dothiel wrote:
Awesome post....and though I'm a long way from ever seeing any of it in game...I do look forward to it. Inscription sounds interesting. It will be fun to see how you go about doing it. Will it be a hammer and chisel type thing or will it be like creating scrolls using special inks and writing materials like feathers from mobs et al.


As I understand it, one of the first reagents will be Peacebloom, so I'm assuming inks will be used.
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#281 Jun 22 2008 at 5:36 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,114 posts
According to Deathknight.info the current amount of exp to level from 71 to 72 1,269,500 and the experience needed for 74 to 75 is 1,309,300 exp

http://deathknight.info/2008/06/live-ff-alpha-info/

EDIT: Undead Drake Mount!

Edited, Jun 22nd 2008 1:48pm by Micros
____________________________
Milkros of The Armory, Agamaggan
#282 Jun 22 2008 at 10:38 AM Rating: Decent
2 posts
#283 Jun 26 2008 at 4:47 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,114 posts
Shadows are changing.

Before
http://deathknight.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/oldshadow.jpg

After
http://deathknight.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/shadowz.jpg
http://deathknight.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/shadows_4.jpg
http://deathknight.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/alphaday4oh1.jpg

Read today in the July Issue of PC Powerplay that the super intelligent Murlocs and the Wolvern are based in a jungle-like area like Un'goro where the titans were experimenting with various life forms. Was protected by four pylons, but one has recently failed and the scourge are invading.

Also mentioned was the fact that DK's might not have to wait til 60 to get their epic mount. Something about not wanting to limit players who have played for a long time" or something. Not quite sure how that would work with the 50-59 bg bracket, however with mounts going from 40 to 30, maybe they're planning on moving epic mounts to 50? (or 58, the magical outlands number)

Edited, Jun 26th 2008 12:49pm by Micros
____________________________
Milkros of The Armory, Agamaggan
#284 Jun 26 2008 at 5:31 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
17 posts
So, Everyone and their brother will be making a Death Night with inscription as a profession when the XPac comes out. Just like the Draenei Shaman Jewel Crafting thing. All I know is I am already hording mats for leveling tradeskills for when we finally have to level again.

--Geeq
#285 Jun 29 2008 at 4:17 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
243 posts
Quote:
I recently found this article about the DK starting area. Apparently it is another floating Ziggurat that goes by the name of Ebon Hold. It is connected to Tyr's Hand and the Noxious Glade.

You can watch a video and look at screenshots of the area here.

As a side note, that website right there (deathknight.info) has some awesome news about WotLK so if you're looking for new stuff about the expansion, that's the site you want to go to.

Edited, Jun 10th 2008 2:30am by DartMatsuraki


this may be a stupid question however I have been away for a while, i'm just wondering where are people getting video's featuring all this content and most of this information. I read the entire FAQ on the offical forums relating to WOTLK yesterday and didn't see half of this.
____________________________

#286 Jun 29 2008 at 6:43 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,114 posts
People in the Friends and Family Alpha have been leakng things, and presumably it was one of them who have also leaked the actual Alpha files, so there are pirated servers out there with Lich King stuff.
____________________________
Milkros of The Armory, Agamaggan
#287 Jun 29 2008 at 8:51 PM Rating: Default
I heard they are gonna combine curse of elements and curse of shadows on new expansion for warlock is this true does anyone know
#288 Jun 29 2008 at 11:18 PM Rating: Decent
Hi,
passing by my nearest Gamestop store, I saw WotLK in presales section, local clerk told me release date 'is' October, 30.

As long they were correct on release date for other games, and they told me "sry, still we don't know" when I was askin in the past, I think this date is a good candidate.

At least, here money is involved (I paid the presale heh) so I think they were somewhat sure about it. If someone has a Gamestop store near his location, maybe can do a check to confirm it.

Andrea
____________________________
[img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-ffxivarr/4c6f3eeaaa793f98.png[/img]
#289 Jul 01 2008 at 8:06 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
4,684 posts
Some PvP information directly from the Worldwide Invitational 2008 in Paris;

-There will be 2 new arena's.
-->One located in the up to now unused arena in Ogrimmar. Players will start the battle 10 yards away from eachother in cages that come up out of the ground. There will be two pillars on the side going up and down to play with the LOS, and there will be a strip of spikes along the middle which will hurt players when walked trough.
-->The other arena is located in the sewers of Dalaran. Both teams start out in a horizontal pipe which will blast the players out with a jet of water as the match starts. There is a vertical pipe in the middle of the map of which water will come out every now and then, blocking LOS.

-There will be one new battleground. It is kind of an "Omaha-beach" type of fight, for those of you who have played Return to Castle Wolfenstein or Medal of Honor online. The idea is that there's an attacking and a defending team. The attackers arrive in boats and must work their way up a beach to capture specific points, as the defending team... defends.

-Wintergrasp will indeed be the new outdoor PvP zone, where everybody who enters will become PvP enabled regardless of the server they're on. It's more or less a non-instanced battleground. Like the battleground, there is a defense/attack type of play in the zone. The attackers must take over various points of interest. To equal out the whole thing, the attacking team will be made stronger everytime an 'attack' fails, causing them to eventually be able to win even if it's 10 vs 40 (to name an example). Bridges in the area will be completly demolishable. Destroying a bridge will go in phases so players can see how many hit points one has left.

-The siege equipment named at the Invitational were
-->The Demolisher: catapult both sides can use, can house 4 players alongside the driver. These 4 players can actually shoot/cast from out of the demolisher while driving.
-->'Catapult': UD-themed horde-only short-range catapult. Can man only a driver which controls both the short-range 'flamethrower' effect and the catapult itself.
--> Flying Machine: Mans a pilot (who controls a rear-turret) and a passenger who can drop bombs.
--> Shredder: Main counter to the flying machine; has anti-air rockets, a melee attack, but is apperantly very weak against catapults/demolishers (apperantly, a rock-paper-scissors system will be implemented regarding siege equipment).
--> Siege Engine: I suspect alliance only. It can house 1 pilot who can use the ram-attack (and possibly a cannon?), and 4 passengers who cannot act from within (unlike the Demolisher).

That's all I can remember right now. I cannot prove this but I'm sure other invitational attendees can confirm the information (or it might be on the WWI site, didn't check there yet). Do with it as you like.
____________________________
"My guildy Kasdaye" wrote:
Gearscore for raiders is like Goldshire for roleplayers.
#290 Jul 03 2008 at 11:19 AM Rating: Default
*
244 posts
Just a head's up, not sure if anyone else has noticed this:

If you log into your account management on the O-Site, you have an option to Opt-In to the WotLK Beta.
____________________________
[wowsig]2343997[/wowsig]

Andarius - 70 Paladin: 0/10/51 - Impending Doom II
#293 Jul 09 2008 at 9:00 AM Rating: Default
**
342 posts
OH YEAH!
____________________________
Level 80 Troll Rogue -> Dethecus

For The
Horde
#294 Jul 16 2008 at 1:21 PM Rating: Default
21 posts
Is this an expansion to TBC??cuz i have TBC
____________________________
ITS OVER 9000!
#297 Jul 20 2008 at 1:37 AM Rating: Default
13 posts
Well, needless to say that I will play Weath of the Lych King for the sake of it, although I lived the trauma of trespassing the portal last time, and finding out that the lvl 61 mobs around dropped items way better than my epics from old good ZG.

I think Blizzard should think about a method where past experience counts, because having to reset all your achievements every time that they release a new expansion set is a real pain in the ass. If you can both compatibilize new players incoming with old players' past experiences, it would be a real virtual world made true.

Hail for the Lych King, forget about Illidan (were we prepared or what?)

____________________________
The Sex Giver waits for you at http://www.ftw-store.com/
#298 Jul 21 2008 at 9:34 PM Rating: Default
3 posts
Quote:
Everything else: Get to 70 or go away, especialy since Blizzard mentioned a while ago (no clue if it will still be this way) that you need to do some end-game quest to open up a Hero character.

Bleh...

I would love to see some low level stuff added instead of so much focus on the high level stuff. High level content is fine and dandy, but you can't just ignore the low stuff, and so far there is basicaly nothing to look forward to unless your 70 already. I'm hoping their "much much more" includes some love for the people who aren't already sitting around waiting for something to do since they already basicaly finished the game.



Isn't that the point of the game already, to get to 70?
#299 Jul 22 2008 at 5:12 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
243 posts
I don't get people complaining about there gear being replace, I thought the point of playing the game was to have fun, achieving the gear is fun yes, achieving better gear and getting further up is surely fun? and if not are you not playing the wrong game? Moaning repeatedly about gear being replaced, why does gear dictate anything in you game, it shows you've achieved something so basically your fun comes from showing other people what you achieved not actually achieving them? idiocy if you ask me.

If your of the group of players that will not complain about the gear replacement because you have just as much fun achieving new gear as you did getting the last, instead of showing off, then you have my respect.
____________________________

#300 Aug 03 2008 at 12:48 PM Rating: Default
*
244 posts
I'm pretty frustrated that you can't play a Death Knight of any race in either faction. If you're a Human Death Knight, you HAVE to be Alliance; if you're a Tauren Death Knight you HAVE to be Horde... that just strikes me as the wrong way to do it. I hope they change that.
____________________________
[wowsig]2343997[/wowsig]

Andarius - 70 Paladin: 0/10/51 - Impending Doom II
#301 Aug 06 2008 at 2:15 AM Rating: Good
TheRogueX wrote:
I'm pretty frustrated that you can't play a Death Knight of any race in either faction. If you're a Human Death Knight, you HAVE to be Alliance; if you're a Tauren Death Knight you HAVE to be Horde... that just strikes me as the wrong way to do it. I hope they change that.

I think it makes perfect sense. As a Death Knight, your character was previously part of the Lich King's faction, under his control. But, since bringing themselves away from his influence, each Death Knight has become their old self again - bringing their mind back to their former race factions (Alliance and Horde).

Imagine a human approaching some forsaken so they can join the Horde. Why would the forsaken let a human - especially one that looks to be a member of the hated Lich King's army - get close without killing him, long enough for him to declare his intentions? If our characters are alive and willingly joined the Death Knight cause, they not only betrayed their own race but their entire faction. Why should another faction trust them now?

It's also just so much easier to keep the consistency, rather than allow cross-overs with this one class.
____________________________
Rorschach wrote:
For my own part, regret nothing. Have lived life, free from compromise ... and step into the shadow now without complaint.

Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 68 All times are in CDT
treeman420, Anonymous Guests (67)