Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Best place to get strange dust?Follow

#1 Dec 21 2006 at 6:04 PM Rating: Decent
2 posts
It seems like every item I disenchant gives me Lesser Magic, Greater Magic, or Lesser Astral. What I really want, and need at this point, is Strange Dust. Where's a good place for me to hunt to get strange dust? Either solo or by myself, doesn't matter all that much.
____________________________
As of December 21, I am a level 21 Night Elf Priest on the Alleria realm.
#2 Dec 21 2006 at 6:05 PM Rating: Decent
****
9,785 posts
from what little i know of chanting with DE it is random on level of the item.

i am sure there is someone out there who has done a much more detailed list of what the % are for DE items by level or type, and if there is i too would love to see it.
____________________________
BANNED
#3 Dec 21 2006 at 6:09 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,396 posts
D/E armor that is between level 1-20 to get strange dust

Here is a link to tell you what D/E's into what

Edited, Dec 21st 2006 6:17pm by jpaugh
____________________________
[wowsig]2262328[/wowsig]
Getaggronoob----lvl 80 Bloodelf Paladin-------Deathhunter--lvl 72 Orc Hunter
Deathgaze-------lvl 66 Undead Warlock-----Deathzsword--lvl 72 Undead Warrior
Sneakypeat---lvl 66 Undead Rogue------Bigginbeefy-----lvl 66 Tauren Shaman
Healmenoob---lvl 72 Undead Priest------Diispet--------lvl 71 BE Mage
Cowmageddon---lvl 80 Death Knight
#4 Dec 21 2006 at 6:09 PM Rating: Decent
**
620 posts
RFC if you are horde
____________________________
Caldone: "KDenelor is not dumb" - Quite possibly the nicest thing ever said about me...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kilrogg&n=Capra - 80 Draenei Hunter

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kilrogg&n=Kaman - 80 Dwarf Warrior
#5 Dec 21 2006 at 6:23 PM Rating: Decent
2 posts
Ah, so magical armor between one and twenty will give me strange dust.

Thanks, and thanks for the link. It's bookmarked. :)
____________________________
As of December 21, I am a level 21 Night Elf Priest on the Alleria realm.
#6 Dec 21 2006 at 6:23 PM Rating: Decent
**
267 posts
One of my characters is a Blacksmith and one particular item earns me 6 strange dust 90% of the time after disenchanting. The good thing is that it is extremely cheap to make. For 3g of materials I get 6ish gold worth of strange dust.
____________________________
Its only illegal if you get caught.
#7 Dec 21 2006 at 6:33 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,084 posts
TheCrimsonKing wrote:
One of my characters is a Blacksmith and one particular item earns me 6 strange dust 90% of the time after disenchanting. The good thing is that it is extremely cheap to make. For 3g of materials I get 6ish gold worth of strange dust.

QFT.. Tailoring and Leathercrafting too (from experience). This is a good road to hoe.
#8 Dec 21 2006 at 6:40 PM Rating: Good
****
7,466 posts
Felicite wrote:
TheCrimsonKing wrote:
One of my characters is a Blacksmith and one particular item earns me 6 strange dust 90% of the time after disenchanting. The good thing is that it is extremely cheap to make. For 3g of materials I get 6ish gold worth of strange dust.

QFT.. Tailoring and Leathercrafting too (from experience). This is a good road to hoe.


I recently took up enchanting and tailoring again on a char, and one of the first greens tailoring can make (a linen robe) DE's 9/10 times into between 1 and 2 dust. Probably not the most effecient means to get it, as you'll need TONS of linen, however it is steady. You can figure per stack of linen you'll get probably 6 or 7 dust, maybe an essence.
____________________________
In a distant land, sink into the darkness...
#9 Dec 21 2006 at 6:52 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,084 posts
If you spend an hour or two with humaniod mobs (for example, I like the Undead in Darkshore) you can reasonably expect to get 10-15 stacks of linen.. perhaps more. And some green items.

What you want to do is make items towards the top half of the range. The lowest level of the range net 1-2 Dusts, the top levels net 4-5 Dusts.

I have not followed your link, but:
Level 01-10: A little strange dust/lesser magic essence.
Level 11-15: Much strange dust/greater magic essence.
Level 16-20: Much strange dust/lesser astral essence.
Level 21-25: Little soul dust/greater astral essence.
Level 26-30: Much soul dust/lesser mystic essence.
Level 31-35: Little vision dust/greater mystic essence.
Level 36-40: Much vision dust/lesser nether essence.
Level 41-45: Little dream dust/greater nether essence.
Level 46-50: Much dream dust/lesser eternal essence.
Level 51-55: Little illusion dust/greater eternal essence.
Level 56-60: Much illusion dust/greater eternal essence.

Aim to make items as high in the "Much" category as you can.
#10 Dec 22 2006 at 12:20 AM Rating: Decent
JamesPat wrote:
It seems like every item I disenchant gives me Lesser Magic, Greater Magic, or Lesser Astral. What I really want, and need at this point, is Strange Dust. Where's a good place for me to hunt to get strange dust? Either solo or by myself, doesn't matter all that much.

buy all the low-level greens you want (those that buyout or have bids under 10S at the AH). Disenchant them. You'll have strange dust coming out of the woodwork, and cheaper than the dust sells for at the AH. Post what you don't use on the AH, and you'll make gold as well.

Edited, Dec 21st 2006 9:24pm by ohmikeghod
____________________________
--- Mike ---
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Aside from the deep and complex parts, WoW is not deep and complex. Jordster
There are only 2 types of goldsellers in these parts. Dead ones, and dead ones that don't know it yet... Dread Lörd Kaolian
Stop hanging out with morons. That's probably impossible though because there are tons of morons out there. Mentalfrog

[wowsig]2577575[/wowsig]
#11 Dec 22 2006 at 10:22 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
48 posts
Best place to get strange dust is in a corner of a strange room. Sorry for being so corny!
____________________________
NE warrior lvl 57 echo isle server
#12 Dec 22 2006 at 1:04 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
44 posts
Quote:
Best place to get strange dust is in a corner of a strange room. Sorry for being so corny!


I was gonna say that....hehe
____________________________
Ravenloch - 17 Orc Warlock of Balnazzar
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 73 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (73)