Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Honorable Kills and RankFollow

#1 Apr 20 2005 at 4:47 AM Rating: Decent
45 posts
Does anyone know how many kills it takes to rise in rank? I've heard from people in my server that it would take more that 10,000 kills to get to rank 2..is that true? I would very much appreciate it if somebody would tell me how many kills it takes to rise in rank.
____________________________
WoW: Junpeii- 32 Mage
Server: Bonechewer

#2 Apr 20 2005 at 6:31 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
517 posts
Disclaimer: I could be wrong but Im fairly certain:

Honorable kills arent what determine your rank. Honor determines rank. An AEing mage could rack up HK's but if they just finish off the enemies they wont gain much honor (unless grouped) since they didnt do very much damage but since they got the kill shot it would still count as an Honorable Kill. HK's are just a fun thing to keep track of. Priests and other healers arent going to have many kills since they are healing everyone else but they will receive honor since they are part of the group that did get the kill. I dont know how many points it takes to move up in rank nor do I know how many you get per fight.
#3 Apr 20 2005 at 6:45 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,520 posts
Kills mean nothing, its the contribution.
____________________________
Bah, signatures
#4 Apr 20 2005 at 6:48 AM Rating: Decent
*
130 posts
The info page on the WOW site is as clear as they plan on being...

1. Your rank is relative. It is a ladder system. .1% can be the top rank that is the only example that they gave, but they did say that most people will fall into the bottom couple of "grunt" ranks.

2. As for kills... it is more of an assist system. Simple example: a group kills one person the honor points for that kill is figured and distributed evenly among the party. More complex example: If a person in soloing and trying hard to kill a ganker... a party comes along and helps lay the smack down. Lets say the solo person got the 25% of the total damage... they get 25% of the total honor points, and the party of how ever many members will split the other 75% with a group bonus added in just like in PvE.

3. Even a grouped healer in the previous example that does no damage at all would get an even share of the 75% portion of the honor points.


All of this information is on the official WOW page on the honor system.
____________________________
Jamey Weare
http://www.jweare.com
-----------------------------
Azora LVL 60 Troll Warrior
Feathermoon
http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?49400
-----------------------------
Ariza LVL 28 Undead Priest
Feathermoon
http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?100673
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 53 All times are in CST
Lyrailis, Anonymous Guests (52)