Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Official Realease date announced. No worldwide releaseFollow

#1 May 29 2004 at 8:50 PM Rating: Decent
It seems Korea, US and Canada are getting the game first in december of 2004.

Open Beta should start end october/november.

Here is the link:

http://www.battle.net/forums/wow/thread.aspx?FN=wow-general&T=1719673&P=1&ReplyCount=34#post1719673
____________________________
Currently Playing : City of Heroes

Currently awaiting : World of Warcraft ( maybe Everquest 2, but only if WoW sucks )


Name:

Server:

Job:

Level:




#2 May 29 2004 at 9:57 PM Rating: Decent
*
58 posts
joy to the world!!
#4 May 30 2004 at 1:28 AM Rating: Decent
Although I am overjoyed by this, my sympathies to all our europeans brothers and sisters out there, we will keep you a warm place in azeroth :)
____________________________
Currently Playing : City of Heroes

Currently awaiting : World of Warcraft ( maybe Everquest 2, but only if WoW sucks )


Name:

Server:

Job:

Level:




#5 May 30 2004 at 8:22 AM Rating: Decent
14 posts
no No NOOOOOOOOOO!!
gdkdfk$&%^(#5
Damn
Now on to business:
Is there any word when it's going to be in Europe then?

Could I order it from the USA and then play it in Europe on USA servers?

By the way when you've got the game how do you create an account/pay/choose a server?
#6 May 30 2004 at 9:07 AM Rating: Decent
What you have to do is:

1) Find an online store that will offer worldwode shipping.

2) Once you get your box, you get a Cd-Key, thats how you will activate your account.

3) There is no problem for you playing on US servers, I play FFXI right now, I'm in canada and the servers are in Japan and there is no problems whatsoever.

Hope that helps.
____________________________
Currently Playing : City of Heroes

Currently awaiting : World of Warcraft ( maybe Everquest 2, but only if WoW sucks )


Name:

Server:

Job:

Level:




#7 May 30 2004 at 9:38 AM Rating: Decent
14 posts
Thanks, just one more question.
Are pre-orders reliable?
I once read they often screw up and you end up getting the game later than people who order the game the minute it's out, but it could have been a load of bull so please tell me if I could order it today or should wait till itís out.
#8 May 30 2004 at 1:31 PM Rating: Decent
*
58 posts
Quote:
I once read they often screw up and you end up getting the game later than people who order the game the minute it's out, but it could have been a load of bull so please tell me if I could order it today or should wait till itís out.
you'll get it at the same time,unless one of yall live closer to the store your getting it from.


edit: i forgot it will be blizzard who will be reasling this game and you know how late they are on release dates:(

Edited, Sun May 30 14:31:28 2004 by Saturos
#9 May 30 2004 at 1:34 PM Rating: Decent
Houbein wrote:
Thanks, just one more question.
Are pre-orders reliable?
I once read they often screw up and you end up getting the game later than people who order the game the minute it's out, but it could have been a load of bull so please tell me if I could order it today or should wait till itís out.


Ialways found them pretty reliable. I have had good experiences with AO and SWG, and gonne repeat it with WoW...

Have you found an online store shipping overseas? I hope so :)

Good luck.
____________________________
Currently Playing : City of Heroes

Currently awaiting : World of Warcraft ( maybe Everquest 2, but only if WoW sucks )


Name:

Server:

Job:

Level:




#10 May 31 2004 at 12:06 AM Rating: Excellent
Spankatorium Administratix
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
1oooo posts
I buy from Ebgames as we have coupons for them :P As for the game, you can probably get the game, however you will most likely need an american credit card as well. Just be patient, more information will be available soon. Target release is for Dec. That may not happen.
____________________________
ZAM: Support FAQ | Forum FAQ | Forum Rules | Mobile
DF: Twitter | FB
KnotKrazy: FB | Etsy
#11 May 31 2004 at 1:00 AM Rating: Decent
Lady Darkflame wrote:
I buy from Ebgames as we have coupons for them :P As for the game, you can probably get the game, however you will most likely need an american credit card as well. Just be patient, more information will be available soon. Target release is for Dec. That may not happen.


Knowing blizzard, you're probably right, although i prefer if they push the game farther and it is more playable upon launch.
____________________________
Currently Playing : City of Heroes

Currently awaiting : World of Warcraft ( maybe Everquest 2, but only if WoW sucks )


Name:

Server:

Job:

Level:




#12 May 31 2004 at 2:56 AM Rating: Decent
14 posts
I thind I'll go pre-order from www.amazon.co.uk as soon as I get A confirmation mail that they ship the us version not the later uk version.
#13 May 31 2004 at 8:18 AM Rating: Decent
14 posts
ok got mail back good news they do give the us version.
Now I do have another question:
If I buy the us version but find the us servers to laggy can I wait a few months and play with the us version on the Europe servers?
#14 May 31 2004 at 9:31 AM Rating: Decent
Houbein wrote:
ok got mail back good news they do give the us version.
Now I do have another question:
If I buy the us version but find the us servers to laggy can I wait a few months and play with the us version on the Europe servers?


I have never seen a MMORPG where you could switch servers once a character is created, be careful.
____________________________
Currently Playing : City of Heroes

Currently awaiting : World of Warcraft ( maybe Everquest 2, but only if WoW sucks )


Name:

Server:

Job:

Level:




#15 May 31 2004 at 9:37 AM Rating: Decent
14 posts
but could your delete all characters from that server and then switch.
or just first take a 1 month subscription and if it's laggy stop playing wait for european release and then create a new account or reactivate your old one and pay for that?
#16 May 31 2004 at 10:41 AM Rating: Decent
Houbein wrote:
but could your delete all characters from that server and then switch.
or just first take a 1 month subscription and if it's laggy stop playing wait for european release and then create a new account or reactivate your old one and pay for that?


Yes, that you could.
____________________________
Currently Playing : City of Heroes

Currently awaiting : World of Warcraft ( maybe Everquest 2, but only if WoW sucks )


Name:

Server:

Job:

Level:




#17 May 31 2004 at 11:46 AM Rating: Decent
14 posts
Well thank you for your support, I just pre-ordered it from www.amazon.co.uk
#18 May 31 2004 at 1:12 PM Rating: Decent
Great news, see you on azeroth.
____________________________
Currently Playing : City of Heroes

Currently awaiting : World of Warcraft ( maybe Everquest 2, but only if WoW sucks )


Name:

Server:

Job:

Level:




#19 Jun 26 2004 at 11:47 AM Rating: Decent
26 posts
I would love to play on US servers from europe - almost everyone of my guild lives in US, but I had to learn the hard way that cross-populated servers are not wanted by every company.

I started playing Horizons end of last year and had to ask a guildie to get me accounts with his US credit card as they DIDN'T support europeans on US servers and vice versa (although they promised transatlantic accounts during the free 30 days at the beginning - which of course never happened to come true).

And for DAoC you need the appropriate version of the game to play on US servers.

As for moving characters: in EQ you can move - for a decent fee.

I really hope that you are correct. If not - I wouldn't play the game if not with my guildies.

Greetings from

Starbright aka Boadicea aka Gesa
#20 Jun 27 2004 at 4:46 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
526 posts
*points at december release date*

*laughs hysterically*

*continues laughing*

dont hold your breath. sorry, not with the way my impression of the beta is going... not a chance... also... tell me one time that blizzard actually made a release date that they announced.... ... .... .... my point exactly.
____________________________
Lightbringer:
Ksetrat - Warlock 70

Azshara:
Xantcha - Warlock 60
#21 Jun 28 2004 at 1:33 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
863 posts
Quote:
dont hold your breath. sorry, not with the way my impression of the beta is going... not a chance... also... tell me one time that blizzard actually made a release date that they announced.... ... .... .... my point exactly.


Blizzard may be notorious for pushing back release dates, but you have to realize that they're counting on Christmas sales to drive the game at it's release. I think they've pushed it back quite a bit already, and now their backs are against the december wall. If they decide to delay it, it's probably just better business to delay it until June to catch the summer crowd.
____________________________
Server(s): Cenarius/Firetree
Class(es): lvl60 Hunter/Mage/Druid
---------------------------------------------------------
**PERMANENTLY RETIRED**
Server: Sylph Character: Grelix
Jobs:69bst/65rdm/35whm/34blm/31thf/25brd/23pal/19nin/14rng/13drg/13mnk/13war/12smn/9drk
1win-2losses on Maat ^^
#22 Jun 29 2004 at 2:19 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
526 posts
Oceaniax wrote:

Blizzard may be notorious for pushing back release dates, but you have to realize that they're counting on Christmas sales to drive the game at it's release. I think they've pushed it back quite a bit already, and now their backs are against the december wall. If they decide to delay it, it's probably just better business to delay it until June to catch the summer crowd.


yea, honestly though, it wouldnt surprise me if they did delay it again. *points to the 'blizzard:please read' thread in here*

hey, your on sylph. so am i, ill try to keep an eye out for ya when i go back in the game. was getting burnt out takin a couple weeks off.
____________________________
Lightbringer:
Ksetrat - Warlock 70

Azshara:
Xantcha - Warlock 60
#23 Jul 23 2004 at 9:35 AM Rating: Decent
12 posts
any bets if they push it back or not?
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 56 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (56)