Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

I am about to return to EQ2Follow

#1 Aug 31 2011 at 7:07 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
32 posts
Hi everybody,
I stopped playing around release of Sentinel's fate. Now I am thinking about returning to the game as subscriber. I wanted to ask...what exactly am I missing out ïf I am gold and not platinum member? Also I remember some sort of card game, but since I am from czech republic I couldnt participate in tournaments, has it changed? And when I collected some rewards from card game (in-game items) and I had character on PvP server, and now I would want to go on RP server are those transferable, or should I simply start new acc and buy the game?
____________________________
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
#2 Aug 31 2011 at 10:05 AM Rating: Excellent
The Great Pretender
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
****
6,648 posts
Sounds like you play EQ2 Extended, and I always have to look that up:

http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Services_%28EQ2%29
____________________________
User Image
ZAM QA Lead
EverQuest II || Free Realms
My Non-Gaming Blog
I see rude people.
#3 Aug 31 2011 at 10:11 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
32 posts
Sorry when I posted it I thought there is just one EQ2. I think I will go to live but first I have some questions : I had all of my Card game loot rewards on one char on PvP server, I want to start over on RP server and not on PvP server. Can I somehow get my loot on the RP server or do I need to create new acc? (Since I will buy the latest expansion it is no problem for me)
____________________________
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
#4 Aug 31 2011 at 10:32 AM Rating: Excellent
The Great Pretender
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
****
6,648 posts
detlik wrote:
Sorry when I posted it I thought there is just one EQ2. I think I will go to live but first I have some questions : I had all of my Card game loot rewards on one char on PvP server, I want to start over on RP server and not on PvP server. Can I somehow get my loot on the RP server or do I need to create new acc? (Since I will buy the latest expansion it is no problem for me)


You can keep your account, but to get your stuff on a new server you'd have to transfer that character over to the new server:

BTW there's a double Station Cash event this weekend that might help you finance some of this :) http://eq2.zam.com/story.html?story=27513
____________________________
User Image
ZAM QA Lead
EverQuest II || Free Realms
My Non-Gaming Blog
I see rude people.
#5 Aug 31 2011 at 10:54 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
32 posts
Hm...and if I want to start over how could my other chars use those items? Also which has larger and better playerbase, live or extended?

EDIT: Is it true that we no longer get monthly booster packs for card game with our subscription?

Edited, Aug 31st 2011 1:50pm by detlik
____________________________
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
#6 Aug 31 2011 at 4:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Empress of News
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
***
2,215 posts
You won't be able to get loot from a character on a Live server over to a character on an Extended server unfortunately. If you do renew your subscription with live servers then your PvP character will still be around to play though. :)

No, that's not true, the 5 monthly booster packs are still granted to accounts with active subscriptions.
#7 Sep 05 2011 at 8:56 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
32 posts
So after some time deciding I am now gold member, have latest expansion and I have 2000 SC...I would like some new race but cant decide between 2 packs or freeblood :( also anybody knows good guilds that would be mainly european? (GMT+1) and do I understand it correctly that extended has just one server?
____________________________
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
#8 Sep 05 2011 at 12:20 PM Rating: Excellent
Empress of News
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
***
2,215 posts
detlik wrote:
So after some time deciding I am now gold member, have latest expansion and I have 2000 SC...I would like some new race but cant decide between 2 packs or freeblood :( also anybody knows good guilds that would be mainly european? (GMT+1) and do I understand it correctly that extended has just one server?

Extended does only have one server right now. No idea if they plan to open another.

As for guilds, try the Extended guild recruiting forum, bet you can find one that fits your playtime there! http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2x/forums/show.m?forum_id=48
#9 Sep 05 2011 at 12:22 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
32 posts
Cyliena wrote:
detlik wrote:
So after some time deciding I am now gold member, have latest expansion and I have 2000 SC...I would like some new race but cant decide between 2 packs or freeblood :( also anybody knows good guilds that would be mainly european? (GMT+1) and do I understand it correctly that extended has just one server?

Extended does only have one server right now. No idea if they plan to open another.

As for guilds, try the Extended guild recruiting forum, bet you can find one that fits your playtime there! http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2x/forums/show.m?forum_id=48


Thanks :D now only to decide which race pack to pick and I am ready to revisit one of the best mmorpg I played.

EDIT: Well posted on the forums :) http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2x/posts/list.m?topic_id=9197 I hope it will appeal to someone.

Edited, Sep 5th 2011 2:58pm by detlik
____________________________
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
#10 Sep 08 2011 at 3:07 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
32 posts
Anyone have good way to decide between Kerra,Freeblood,High elf and Ratonga?
____________________________
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
#11 Sep 08 2011 at 3:15 PM Rating: Excellent
Empress of News
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
***
2,215 posts
detlik wrote:
Anyone have good way to decide between Kerra,Freeblood,High elf and Ratonga?

You can check out their Racial Traditions and see which one is best suited to what you want. :)
#12 Sep 10 2011 at 2:45 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
32 posts
Flipping coin between Kerra and Freeblood (love those two too **** much :D)
____________________________
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
#13 Sep 11 2011 at 12:08 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
****
8,139 posts
If it helps, Kerra get racial 'tracking' ... its very handy, or pawsy...one of those.
____________________________
Things I sometimes play...

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"I want to be a unicorn!"
"Awww, why's that?"........
"So I can stab people with my face."
#14 Sep 11 2011 at 4:29 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
32 posts
Thanks everybody for help. I am playing Freeblood Inquisitor :) and having tons of fun.
____________________________
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 29 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (29)