Here are my ideas to improve the MNK. We need to put MNK back on the wish list... Now it is as much popular as Puppetmaster was in FF11, when it was first introduced.
1. Add an ability to MNK that gives enmity to tank (like SATA from THF in FF11). That will boost their popularity and it will help PLD keep hate in big events.
2. Add an ability to bring down enmity on mages (THM and BLM) after their big nukes. After, MNKs have some elemental abilities... it's logic to see that happends. That will also help their popularity, since now, the BLM have partners who insure them to be able to use their big guns in fight. They wont be scared to get aggro and mess up the fight.
3. Give them self-skillchains abilities, but significant ones, that will make them do as much DMG then a DRG. Or actually, since DRG are less pupular... make DRG and MNK work together for skillchains. The extra DMG on these skillchains needs to be very significant.
4. Make EVA on MNK way more significant... enough for MNKs to kite mobs easely.
5. Give MNKs some shadows, just like NIN from 11... that also will help them kite.
I really wish MNKs to be on the spot. As of now, they are the "lol" class. I also beleive these ideas will not only improve that class, but also will bring strategies in game that we miss at the moment.
We need PLD to hold hate better, we need BLM to use their full potential, we need more kiting, 'cause it's fun and brings intensity. Make endgame mobs impossible to beat at some point in the battle, and must have a kite to round around the mob while the others can just get back on their feet.
As of now, it's too the same things we do over and over... more skillchains, bigger nukes, more kiting, etc. MNK needs to show up with a "aaah cool, we have a monk with us".. instead of "eeew a MNK ? Don't you have something else you can be for this battle?Italic Text"
Anyway... am i the only one here that have these toughts !?