I just went and picked the game up a few days ago after a long debate with myself on whether or not to play it. Im a level 20 glad with all other classes at level 10. My crafts are Armorer 13, Leatherworker 7, Blacksmithing 7. So these are just the things I see at this point that I think would greatly improve the game.
1. Targeting- This is really annoying, like some of the other posts have said, its not too bad when its just me and another person, but in Behest... I cant remember what FFXI's targeting system was like, but i dont remember it being this bad.
2. Im not sure how I feel about the delay time with abilities, sometimes it even seems like if I light strike before my red lotus goes off, then it doesnt go off. I understand spells but abilities may need to be instant, not queued.
3. PLEASE give us auto-attack, Ive noticed that when tanking I spend most of my time using defensive and threat generating abilities, such as phalanx, and very seldom actually swing my sword :)
4. Speaking of Phalanx, am I missing something because I have no idea when it procs... maybe proc'd abilities could be highlighted when they do, I know Phalanx isnt the only one.
5. PLEASE Give us a search function for the wards that allows us to type in a name or maybe just reorganize it to where all the gloves are in a category etc.. Im not complaining about the system, In fact I kind of like it, its a Bank/Permanent Bazaar in one with a search feature, I can deal with running around. Just maybe if it was a little easier to go right to what you are looking for. Sometimes I get things in my bag that I have no idea what it is or what it is used for, so I may spend 10 min just going through each category to find it.
6. Guild marks at level 20... I kinda need some of that training before then :) I attempted a level 10 craft that recommended Chainweaving 9 times today at level 10 Armorer and failed every synth. Also, Why do I need to be level 15 to create a mat that is used in a level 9 recipe? O.o
7. Wouldnt it be great the "Recent Recipe" function actually included all recipes you have accomplished without them going away once you craft something more recent? "What was the mats for my Bronze Buckle again?" Back to Google. /sigh
8. Mini-map - The game is so beautiful, but the minimap just looks out of place. Did someone in Kindergarten draw it? :P
Im sure there will be more. Just want to say this isnt a QQ thread, I am actually pretty happy with the game because I realize that it is new and there are alot of things that need to be done. Rome wasnt built in a day. Also because I am very impressed with SE recognizing that there are problems and are willing to fix them. That is a 180 degree turnaround from FFXI. Thank you SE. I am very excited to see what changes we have coming. Just remember Square, you dont have to be like WoW, FFXI was great, if you are going to model it after something go with what has worked in the past.