This is a long post, and it is divided into three sections. Leve quest, Endgame Content ideas, and general changes.
I play Disciple of Land classes mainly, and to put it simply; we get the short end of the stick when it comes to Leves. First off, for those of you who do not play or have never played any of the Land classes, we have it very rough when it comes to Leves.
We get two leve per tier, per city. That is a maximum of 6 leves that is at our designated rank. In these leves, we have only have two varieties. Mine/Log/Fish x3 nodes until they run out, and Mine/Log/Fish until you find 3 rare-ish items. The first leve, you can gather at the node at a maximum of 5-6 times, depending on rank. At optimal rank (Rank's ending with 5; Example: 5, 15, 25, ect) we gain ~170 Skill Points per successful strike, assuming Guardian's Favor is up. Leading up to a maximum of ~2550 for one leve. The other leve, which is Gather 3 rare items, allows you to gain ~700 skill points per successful harvest of the targeted item, again assuming optimal rank. And that is it. This trend continues on for two more times, but in different cities.
While my complaint is not only in the lack of variety in the leves, it also comes from the fact that we must traverse to the other two cities in order to gain full benefits from the leves. This is not only time consuming, it is very dull as it takes about a little below three hours to complete a full leve cycle. While one could just teleport to each city, and walk to the individual camps, this is very taxing on our anima supply. Not only that, we don't even get to complete all 8 available leve slots for our recommended rank, we must dip below one tier and gain only 1-2k SP per leve on the lower tiered leves. So for three hours of walking, we gain roughly 16,000 SP.
So my suggestions are these:
1) Create a third leve to be at each city for every tier. I was thinking along the line of; Claim 50 points by mining/harvesting/fishing at the designated areas. Each item is worth X amount of points. You have a half hour to get 50 points.
2) Have 1 additional, "Mine X location until it runs out," leve at each city. This will bring our total count of Leve per city to 4, and only requiring us to travel to one other city, which is very reasonable in my opinion.
3) Place "Star Rating" on our leves. Increasing difficulty would make it tougher for us to harvest our goods, but also provide us with more nodes that need to be cleaned out, and more rare items we need to find, before we claim victory to our leve quest. Thus increasing our overall SP gain per leve.
We have zero endgame options, other than harvesting for rare items to sell in the market wards. While this is the entire point of our disciple, I feel that we should have just a bit more to offer, or offered to us. While the War and Magic classes already have their endgame, and Hand classes will have their chance to make wedding cakes soon, were is the Land classes endgame?
So some suggestions I recommend are:
1) Mining/Fishing/Logging Expeditions. This could be the "DoL Behest." The battlewarden needs fresh materials for their camp and you must go out to secure these items. Happens the same time as a regular Behest, but available for Land classes. Could even offer the same option for Hand classes but with crafting items, so they don't feel left out.
2) Fishing/Mining/Logging competitions. A NPC at X camp offers a reward to who can bring back the most quality/quantity items in X amount of time. This would basically be the same as Fish ranking system of old FFXI, and have some nice competition between players.
3) Certain Notorious Monsters must be Mined/Fished/Logged in order to spawn. A Notorious Antlion for Mining, Angler for Fishing, and Gnat for Botany.
4) An "Ebisu Fishing Rod" quest where one must obtain rare materials from dangerous locations. Reward would be a very unique looking fishing rod/pickaxe/hatchet. Very nice stats to go along with them, and would be optimal rank 50.
-Please remove the Daily Fatigue you have on gathering classes. Ridiculous that you have a system to limit me on how much limited skill points I can gain. You want to limit how much SP I gain weekly, fine. But don't limit how much I get daily. Same goes for Hand classes, as I hear they have the same thing.
-Offer some Rank 50 tool options.
-Make Triangulate/Prospect/Douse last 1 minute.