The December update brought some much welcome changes! However, there are some minor issues along with the major ones that could use some fixing. They don't have to be fixed right away of course, but these are some things that might help make the player experience more pleasant.
1) The sky. I've noticed you have fixed the horrible spastic movements of the celestial lights that adorn our night sky, and it's a much welcome change! However, there's still the minor issue of the shading of the sky! Upon closer inspection, the sky does not change gracefully from lighter areas to darker ones, but instead has concentric rings of black/blue color, which is especially noticeable at the highest part of the sky and near the horizon. So instead of seeing a beautiful hemisphere of a starry night sky, it looks like a beautiful... polygon sphere of a night sky? It's also noticeable in the day time, though a bit harder to spot. Can we have this fixed so that the color changes gradually from one part of the sky to another, so that it gives the appearance of an actual sky? Right now it just looks like circles of beautiful sky...from different areas and times of day pasted together. It's the only other thing about the sky that bugs me, and you've fixed the stars!
2) Each time we've had a version update, the sound in FFXIV has suddenly increased to the max, from what I can tell. Minor issue, but thought I should mention it. Maybe it's just a bug on my side. I was actually going to put the fact not all sounds can be muted on this too, but apparently it has been fixed. :3
3) Tells. In Final Fantasy 11, we could reply using ALT + r, instead of CTRL + r. After seven years of playing FFXI, I just can't seem to get used to CTRL + r to reply to people. It feels awkward to me, since I have to swivel my wrist and stretch my hand out to hit both keys at the same time. On the other hand, ALT + r just requires the thumb and pointer finger, instead of pinky and pointer fingers, and doesn't require you to either swivel your hand or use the nail of your finger to hit a key. Can we get an option to use alt + r instead to reply to tells? D:
4) Fishing. Can we have the jig command moved up so it's the default thing you hit when a fish bites, as opposed to wait? I kept hitting wait instead of jig because it's the top option, and it's annoying having to hit an extra button to fish while leveling fishing. (Or more sometimes, because if a fish fails to bite after hitting wait, then you gotta refish that spot. <.<;)
5) Crafting. The new recipe option is awesome! Along the lines of the fishing, however, can we have an option that automatically starts the crafting process from the recipe menu, instead of just putting the items in? Preferably the default option, but even if its something you press left or down or something once to select, it would seriously rock! (Like add begin (main-hand) as the default option selected instead of prepare, and have begin (off-hand) to the right, or something.)
6) Can we have Mammetmaster as a new job? D: I miss my puppetmaster, and the mammets are absolutely adorable. XD
7) Can we get a barber shop? And more hairstyles to give our characters? I'm a highlander hume, and I'd love a new haircut! Specifically, the same haircut Sabin from Final Fantasy VI has! =D (It's actually the hairstyle I have in real life, heh.) Please add this option and more hairstyles to pick from! A lot of people would love this! (and please add the hairstyle I want for highlander humes! ;-; )
8) Monsters that follow you- Can we have curious critters like those Opo-opos and goats back off when we go into active mode? Simply have them move a short distance away, enough to avoid being hit by AoE, when in active mode. No need to get rid of the behavior completely, when you can simply make them behave more realistically instead. Even curious, friendly critters aren't gonna want to stay nearby when fireballs are going off and weapons are being swung!
Well, those are the main things I can think of for now! Thank you for your recent endeavors at listening to player feedback and working overtime into bringing wonderful changes to this game!
Edited, Dec 16th 2010 7:17am by PsionCrystalis