Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

Fanboys!Follow

#1 Feb 25 2013 at 2:27 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
931 posts
I think I'm having a real run in with the Final Fantasy "fanboys" people always talk about, in regards to ARR.

people are REALLY optimistic for ARR huh? to the extent that anyone who says anything bad about it gets attacked viciously

perhaps I'll stop discussing FFXIV for a while... it seems everyone is riding the hype train and they're up in the clouds with their expectations here.

by the way, I'm not talking about ZAM so much (while I get downrated to oblivion here). on the ARR forums there is threads up encouraging 'raids' on negative ARR articles, and if you make a negative/skeptical thread about ARR it gets deleted. XD


i feel like I'm dealing with those people who will slit your throat if you say Aeris is ugly.

Edited, Feb 25th 2013 3:31am by Poubelle
____________________________
MUTED
#2 Feb 25 2013 at 2:48 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
728 posts
I'm pretty sure all of us would be considered fanboys since we are on a site specifically named after a Final Fantasy game >.>. Some of us talking about our shared interest, others trolling for new info, and yet others just plain trolling. I know what I'm doing here, do you?
____________________________
FFXI: DamienSlvrblade Race: Elvaan Nation: San d'Oria Server: Sylph 2002-2007, Phoenix 2012
PUP WHM PLD MNK BLU BST SAM WAR BLM 99 BRD THF NIN DNC SMN RDM 50+

FFXIV: Damien Scott Race: Duskwight Elezen GC: Limsa Lominsa Server: Ultros
DoW GLA50 ACN50 PUG50 MAR 50 Rest30+
DoH/DoL All 40+
#3 Feb 25 2013 at 3:06 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
412 posts
The problem with your kind is, you never address anything holistically outside your own feelings. You nit pick at a certain aspect without any thought for possibilities or solutions or future outcomes. While a healthy amount of doubt is normal, all common sense seems to go out the window, and they're completely obsessed by their feelings.

People who complain about jump, don't seem to grasp that someone jumping doesn't affect them in anyway what so ever, but because they don't like, it's the devil.

People who complain about vanity pets also seem to suffer from the same affliction.

People who whine about legacy status had almost a year to qualify, yet we have to see them post about it every week, thinking that their personal situation makes them the biggest victim than the last.

People who complain that ARR is going to be standard, fail to grasp that re inventing the wheel is quite difficult to do. Oddly enough, they fail to recall that FFXIV tried it and they hated it.

People who complain that SE is bigoted or misogynist because of the character types or that they aren't sure if they want to implement same *** marriages, thinks that the world should cater to them, even though their sexuality or rl body type desires has no affect on the game itself.

People who claim that ARR is a WoW clone, most of whom, never even played WoW, ignorantly repeat the line that WoW is easy mode. The difficult raids that only about 5%(If that much) of the server can beat go completely over their heads. Most of the WoW functions weren't even invented by WoW and it just happened to be implement by them successfully. If you were to study a source, the most successful would be the most logical. Anti WoW, is a poor basis for any suggestion that would improve ARR.

Healthy arguments are wonderful, and can stimulate the mind in new ways. The thing is you all parrot the same crap over and over. You think that if you post the same complaint in a different forum, you'll get more people that agree with you.

Will Final Fantasy FXIV: ARR be successful? I don't know. What I do know, is that 1.0 was a failure. SE came out and apologized. They admitted that it hurt the name Final Fantasy and they were going to fix it. A lot of time and money was spent here.They actually have to make this work. To be honest, I'm glad 1.0 failed, that way they can get it right this time. All the pressure is on them. If it were you, would you want to fail again? What makes you think they do as well? That isn't blind trust, or fanboy-ism. It's just logical.

If you would actually post something that engages in people in a healthy productive debate, things might go differently. Instead of posting a topic like this. He's complaining about the low frame rates and the screen tearing, which was already addressed by stating the ps3 was around 75% optimized. (He was unaware of that) They are also working along side Sony to get things worked out. Had he known that, he'd have no wasted his time making a pointless thread, and his common sense would have advised him to wait till Beta phase 3 when the ps3 beta started. He simply suggested scrapping the ps3 (Ignoring all the potential ps3 people anticipating it), because he's obviously a "superior PC gamer."

Work on building a stronger argument before posting. Maybe then people will take you seriously. Self absorbed whining, no matter how much you disguise it as, "I'm helping to point out flaws to make the game better," is still just that. Simply saying that you don't like the ps3 footage and hope that SE can work it out before launch is much more likely to be a constructive thread.
#4 Feb 25 2013 at 3:30 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,570 posts
GDLYL wrote:
People who complain about jump, don't seem to grasp that someone jumping doesn't affect them in anyway what so ever, but because they don't like, it's the devil.

People who complain about vanity pets also seem to suffer from the same affliction.

People who whine about legacy status had almost a year to qualify, yet we have to see them post about it every week, thinking that their personal situation makes them the biggest victim than the last.

People who complain that ARR is going to be standard, fail to grasp that re inventing the wheel is quite difficult to do. Oddly enough, they fail to recall that FFXIV tried it and they hated it.

People who complain that SE is bigoted or misogynist because of the character types or that they aren't sure if they want to implement same *** marriages, thinks that the world should cater to them, even though their sexuality or rl body type desires has no affect on the game itself.

People who claim that ARR is a WoW clone, most of whom, never even played WoW, ignorantly repeat the line that WoW is easy mode. The difficult raids that only about 5%(If that much) of the server can beat go completely over their heads. Most of the WoW functions weren't even invented by WoW and it just happened to be implement by them successfully. If you were to study a source, the most successful would be the most logical. Anti WoW, is a poor basis for any suggestion that would improve ARR.
This I largely attribute to lack of perspective and frame of reference (this is me being nice about it). Most of the people who make some of those comments have only played FFXI and never cared for the systems that have been implemented since 2003. I used to get flamed for suggesting adjusting player levels in-party (what became Level Synch) back when City of Heroes was the only game on the market that did that, for example.

What gets to me is that instead of discussing suggestions and other ideas, people choose to bump threads about legacy (like it mattered, and I say that as someone with legacy status) or new stupidity like the thread asking the devs to remove vanity pets.
____________________________
Products of boredom: 1 2 3 4 5
Besieged
Hopes for FFXIV: Fencer | Red Mage
#5 Feb 25 2013 at 3:42 AM Rating: Good
****
4,172 posts
DamienSScott wrote:
I'm pretty sure all of us would be considered fanboys since we are on a site specifically named after a Final Fantasy game >.>. Some of us talking about our shared interest, others trolling for new info, and yet others just plain trolling. I know what I'm doing here, do you?

We're all here because... wait a minute, it's BETA NIGHT... Go play the BETA!!!

Oh wait, you can't because it crashed Smiley: glare

I guess you can go to the tester forums and do that thing where you talk about your shared interests.

Oh wait... Smiley: lol
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#6 Feb 25 2013 at 3:50 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,779 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
DamienSScott wrote:
I'm pretty sure all of us would be considered fanboys since we are on a site specifically named after a Final Fantasy game >.>. Some of us talking about our shared interest, others trolling for new info, and yet others just plain trolling. I know what I'm doing here, do you?

We're all here because... wait a minute, it's BETA NIGHT... Go play the BETA!!!

Oh wait, you can't because it crashed Smiley: glare

I guess you can go to the tester forums and do that thing where you talk about your shared interests.

Oh wait... Smiley: lol



Just speaking theoreticly here, but how would you know such things? *stares intently*

Oh, btw, do you have a favorite FF themed plush creature?
#7 Feb 25 2013 at 4:01 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,172 posts
Hyrist wrote:
FilthMcNasty wrote:
DamienSScott wrote:
I'm pretty sure all of us would be considered fanboys since we are on a site specifically named after a Final Fantasy game >.>. Some of us talking about our shared interest, others trolling for new info, and yet others just plain trolling. I know what I'm doing here, do you?

We're all here because... wait a minute, it's BETA NIGHT... Go play the BETA!!!

Oh wait, you can't because it crashed Smiley: glare

I guess you can go to the tester forums and do that thing where you talk about your shared interests.

Oh wait... Smiley: lol



Just speaking theoreticly here, but how would you know such things? *stares intently*

Oh, btw, do you have a favorite FF themed plush creature?


Realized that beta was starting so I typed FFXIV into google and filtered the results to this hour. Using the internets is hard?

I could never find a plush Aspid Smiley: mad
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#8 Feb 25 2013 at 4:08 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,779 posts
Wait... wha...

I mean, I'm not shocked at the possibility of using Google that way... buy why would you?
#9 Feb 25 2013 at 4:17 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,172 posts
I wanted to see what people think about it. I also came across some streams on twitch which I check out quite a bit so it's not like it's hard to find this stuff. I guess people think that they're past the statute of limitations on the beta because it's almost 3 years old now. Who knows?

Hopefully no one is paying attention...
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#10 Feb 25 2013 at 4:25 AM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
Poubelle,

I red-arrow your posts because you have a snide way of posting. It comes off as you expect a certain answer, but you make a pointless thread about it regardless.

Here are some examples.

Poubelle wrote:
does anyone else think they're exaggerating how much is actually different in ARR? people keep saying/it's being advertised as "rebuilt from the ground up" when it really isn't.


I think that was a pointless snide/unwarranted post that deserved a red-arrow because they've obviously made leaps and bounds on the changes to the game which you could see if you could simply open a new webpage/did some basic research.

Poubelle wrote:

I highly doubt they would ever be able to get people to pay for that.
so my question is: do you think they will delay the PS3 version and go ahead with the release of ARR for PC only?


Another pointless topic, in my opinion. They've said everywhere they're planning a simultaneous PS3/PC release.

So yeah, that's the reason why you get the red-arrow from me, and partially why you might get "down-rated to oblivion", so to say.



Edited, Feb 25th 2013 2:26am by UltKnightGrover
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#11 Feb 25 2013 at 4:28 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,172 posts
UltKnightGrover wrote:
Another pointless topic, in my opinion. They've said everywhere they're planning a simultaneous PS3/PC release.

So yeah, that's the reason why you get the red-arrow from me, and partially why you might get "down-rated to oblivion", so to say.

Another pointless response to said pointless topic. Mouseover the name and click the ignore button. Responding like this only fans the flames UKG
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#12 Feb 25 2013 at 4:55 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Quote:
Oh, btw, do you have a favorite FF themed plush creature?


Cactaur, Moogle, Tonberry... it's so hard to choose :/

____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#13 Feb 25 2013 at 4:56 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
598 posts
Kachi wrote:
Quote:
Oh, btw, do you have a favorite FF themed plush creature?


Cactaur, Moogle, Tonberry... it's so hard to choose :/



Mandy for me.
____________________________
"The next time you have the urge to stab me in the back have the guts to do it to my face." - Malcolm Reynolds
#14 Feb 25 2013 at 7:00 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
GDLYL wrote:
The problem with your kind is, you never address anything holistically outside your own feelings. You nit pick at a certain aspect without any thought for possibilities or solutions or future outcomes. While a healthy amount of doubt is normal, all common sense seems to go out the window, and they're completely obsessed by their feelings.

People who complain about jump, don't seem to grasp that someone jumping doesn't affect them in anyway what so ever, but because they don't like, it's the devil.

People who complain about vanity pets also seem to suffer from the same affliction.

People who whine about legacy status had almost a year to qualify, yet we have to see them post about it every week, thinking that their personal situation makes them the biggest victim than the last.

People who complain that ARR is going to be standard, fail to grasp that re inventing the wheel is quite difficult to do. Oddly enough, they fail to recall that FFXIV tried it and they hated it.

People who complain that SE is bigoted or misogynist because of the character types or that they aren't sure if they want to implement same *** marriages, thinks that the world should cater to them, even though their sexuality or rl body type desires has no affect on the game itself.

People who claim that ARR is a WoW clone, most of whom, never even played WoW, ignorantly repeat the line that WoW is easy mode. The difficult raids that only about 5%(If that much) of the server can beat go completely over their heads. Most of the WoW functions weren't even invented by WoW and it just happened to be implement by them successfully. If you were to study a source, the most successful would be the most logical. Anti WoW, is a poor basis for any suggestion that would improve ARR.

Healthy arguments are wonderful, and can stimulate the mind in new ways. The thing is you all parrot the same crap over and over. You think that if you post the same complaint in a different forum, you'll get more people that agree with you.

Will Final Fantasy FXIV: ARR be successful? I don't know. What I do know, is that 1.0 was a failure. SE came out and apologized. They admitted that it hurt the name Final Fantasy and they were going to fix it. A lot of time and money was spent here.They actually have to make this work. To be honest, I'm glad 1.0 failed, that way they can get it right this time. All the pressure is on them. If it were you, would you want to fail again? What makes you think they do as well? That isn't blind trust, or fanboy-ism. It's just logical.

If you would actually post something that engages in people in a healthy productive debate, things might go differently. Instead of posting a topic like this. He's complaining about the low frame rates and the screen tearing, which was already addressed by stating the ps3 was around 75% optimized. (He was unaware of that) They are also working along side Sony to get things worked out. Had he known that, he'd have no wasted his time making a pointless thread, and his common sense would have advised him to wait till Beta phase 3 when the ps3 beta started. He simply suggested scrapping the ps3 (Ignoring all the potential ps3 people anticipating it), because he's obviously a "superior PC gamer."

Work on building a stronger argument before posting. Maybe then people will take you seriously. Self absorbed whining, no matter how much you disguise it as, "I'm helping to point out flaws to make the game better," is still just that. Simply saying that you don't like the ps3 footage and hope that SE can work it out before launch is much more likely to be a constructive thread.


Smiley: inlove

Have my babies.

No not really, the three I have are plenty thanks.

Edited, Feb 25th 2013 7:00am by Wint
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#15 Feb 25 2013 at 10:08 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,726 posts
Poubelle wrote:
I think I'm having a real run in with the Final Fantasy "fanboys" people always talk about, in regards to ARR.

people are REALLY optimistic for ARR huh? to the extent that anyone who says anything bad about it gets attacked viciously

perhaps I'll stop discussing FFXIV for a while... it seems everyone is riding the hype train and they're up in the clouds with their expectations here.

by the way, I'm not talking about ZAM so much (while I get downrated to oblivion here). on the ARR forums there is threads up encouraging 'raids' on negative ARR articles, and if you make a negative/skeptical thread about ARR it gets deleted. XD


i feel like I'm dealing with those people who will slit your throat if you say Aeris is ugly.

Edited, Feb 25th 2013 3:31am by Poubelle


You know it does happen on the official forums all the time.. Even if you have the littlest concern you get flamed. I was reading a post today that ended up like that. It almost makes you afraid to play the game because if people are this nasty on the forums what are they like in the game. The egos of some of these legacy people are insane. But if you look at the posts they are all from the same people over and over and not the majority. Maybe for some reason if there is a negative post they think it will make the game fail, I don't know why.. But people post so hopefully they do the right things with the game.. Again this game needs new people and instead of flaming them people should help them because again they are needed.

Edit :
Here is how bad things are over there:
I was reading a thread last week about something someone didn't like in the game, I cant remember.. The the thread got turned into a thread complaining about the first person complaining. I thinking how bad is it when people are complaining about someone complaining. What worse the original poster or the other people complaining about him. Isn't that calling the kettle black? Scary.


Edited, Feb 25th 2013 11:23am by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#16 Feb 25 2013 at 10:36 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
972 posts
Fanboys? Haterade boys? Backdoor boys?

You made this thread because you got butthurt you got downrated? Are you so externally validated that you stoop to this?
Our opinion should means two things to you:
Crap and I don't care.

I retract this post if high ratings equal me getting a million dollars.
#17 Feb 25 2013 at 10:45 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
High ratings don't even get you cookies.

Other users have to make an effort to do that.

Smiley: cookie
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#18 Feb 25 2013 at 10:46 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
972 posts
catwho wrote:
High ratings don't even get you cookies.

Other users have to make an effort to do that.

Smiley: cookie

/gives Catwho a cookie.
#19 Feb 25 2013 at 10:47 AM Rating: Excellent
******
49,744 posts
I don't get why this needs it's own thread. Fanboys wasn't even that good of a movie.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#20 Feb 25 2013 at 11:45 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,726 posts
sandpark wrote:
Fanboys? Haterade boys? Backdoor boys?

You made this thread because you got butthurt you got downrated? Are you so externally validated that you stoop to this?
Our opinion should means two things to you:
Crap and I don't care.

I retract this post if high ratings equal me getting a million dollars.


And you just proved his point.
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#21 Feb 25 2013 at 12:07 PM Rating: Decent
**
557 posts
It seems FF fanboys are notorious (see second comment). Can't say I disagree. Posted a negative review of the first open beta in 2010 on another FFXIV forum, was IP-banned.

From what I've seen on the official forums, this seems limited to English-speakers. FWIW, though, this forum remains civil and welcoming, and I'm still optimistic about ARR.

____________________________

[ffxivsig]1809646[/ffxivsig]
#22 Feb 25 2013 at 12:11 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
931 posts
yep, that's the article that I was talking about.

alot of the comments got deleted but they acted like they were going to murder that writer for writing a negative opinion, lol.

it was really pathetic to watch.
____________________________
MUTED
#23 Feb 25 2013 at 1:43 PM Rating: Excellent
*
120 posts
shut up, Meg
#24 Feb 25 2013 at 2:43 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
VitaminD2112 wrote:
shut up, Meg


I lol'd
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#25 Feb 25 2013 at 3:09 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
374 posts
Poubelle wrote:
I think I'm having a real run in with the Final Fantasy "fanboys" people always talk about, in regards to ARR.

people are REALLY optimistic for ARR huh? to the extent that anyone who says anything bad about it gets attacked viciously

perhaps I'll stop discussing FFXIV for a while... it seems everyone is riding the hype train and they're up in the clouds with their expectations here.

by the way, I'm not talking about ZAM so much (while I get downrated to oblivion here). on the ARR forums there is threads up encouraging 'raids' on negative ARR articles, and if you make a negative/skeptical thread about ARR it gets deleted. XD


i feel like I'm dealing with those people who will slit your throat if you say Aeris is ugly.

Edited, Feb 25th 2013 3:31am by Poubelle


Why are you guys letting this **** clown ruin this board? I've just tried to read like 5 topics and they've all included him making some "stir-the-pot" comments.

Ban this fool.
#26 Feb 25 2013 at 3:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
It seems FF fanboys are notorious (see second comment). Can't say I disagree. Posted a negative review of the first open beta in 2010 on another FFXIV forum, was IP-banned.


The second article that's linked in the above comment is perhaps the worst piece of gaming journalism I have ever read, period.

It's not even that the author doesn't really like ARR. What really makes that article sing is the sense of entitlement one could only expect from someone who thinks Guild Wars 2 is the greatest game on earth.

The writer: "I fought something way below my level and I didn't get a single reward!!!"

Holy crap, no way! Not even a "good job!" flashing across your screen? Oh, the horror!

The writer: "I couldn't figure out how to use my map!"

Wait! It gets better!

The writer: "Not only could I not figure out my map, but there wasn't a line telling me exactly where to go!"

Oh, man, that's some bad game design. If I could, I'd take that girl by the hand and lead her to the restroom, so she could get a tissue to dry her pretty little eyes. I wouldn't want her to wander into the wrong room or, worse, accidentally wind up in the middle of the street without a crosswalk nearby.

I also love that she seems to sincerely believe that Guild Wars 2 invented public questing. How cute. Either it was "Take your daughter to work day" at PennyArcade, or someone's knowledge of MMORPGs is very, very small.

Is this really what's becoming of the modern gamer?

Edited, Feb 25th 2013 1:14pm by Thayos
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 76 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (76)