Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Nobuaki KomotoFollow

#1 Jan 07 2013 at 3:58 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
374 posts
You know, as I was reflecting on the XIV video released today (a smallllll let down considering 75% of it was rehashed, and the next 25% looked like the opening scene of Final Fantasy Tactics. I'm still very happy with it overall though, mostly because magictek armor, bahamut, and FFT is awesome -- Just my opinion though.)

Can you imagine if you are Nobuaki Komoto (original FFXIV director) and while you are doing whatever you've been doing for the past few months the new FFXIV is being built.

Then the ARR video comes out, and you realize "they literally had to make a fricking CG video to destroy the world I made because the world I made was so craptastic that is had to be destroyed, and not just destoryed, but destroyed by a meteor. A meteor with a dragon in it. A meteor with a dragin in it that uses world destroying magic........... Damn, my world fricking sucked."


I know it's not 100% his fault, and let's not kid ourselves. We don't know the inner workings at SE. But at the end of the day, they had to spend millions of dollars just to destroy the world this guy made.

And you thought you've been having a bad day!!!
#2 Jan 07 2013 at 4:29 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
428 posts
Nobuaki Komoto is still lead designer, just no longer the director. It's probably still hard to see someone else take the helm of the ship after working for so long. But im sure there is still some excitement for him to see the game succeed.
#3 Jan 07 2013 at 4:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,066 posts
The world he designed existed because of stupid constraints given to him by management - namely, the seamless zoning necessitated absurdly long tunnels to allow the zones to load and forced much of the landscape to be identical.

Who knows, he may have even felt a bit of satisfaction at watching it get blown up like it deserved. No thanks to the pointy haired bosses who never took a programming class in their lives...
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#4 Jan 07 2013 at 4:35 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,202 posts
Well if we are gonna nitpick, the world itself was pretty good, good visuals, very nice locations, and variations, the problem with the world was, it was stale, and dead like, you had nothing going on, there was nothing happening, and the lore/story of the world was bland and boring, we had this "Empire" that we cannot see, yet is a threat, but only up until the last days of the game, did it make an entrance into the game world.

I dint' really like how easy it was for mages to destroy a magitech armor.... In my mind i always envisioned it taking 3 mages to destroy one armor, i mean the thing is a giant steel dragon type thing, and it shoots beams of magic and missiles at you... A ball of fire should not blow it up XD! Unless is Fire 3
____________________________
MUTED
#5 Jan 07 2013 at 8:08 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,176 posts
I don't think it's Komoto who should be feeling bad, he's still Lead Designer.

But I think there might be a certain person at GungHo Online Entertainment that might not be happy to see ARR succeed.

Edited, Jan 7th 2013 6:09pm by UltKnightGrover
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#6 Jan 07 2013 at 8:32 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
539 posts
Ostia wrote:
Well if we are gonna nitpick, the world itself was pretty good, good visuals, very nice locations, and variations, the problem with the world was, it was stale, and dead like, you had nothing going on, there was nothing happening, and the lore/story of the world was bland and boring, we had this "Empire" that we cannot see, yet is a threat, but only up until the last days of the game, did it make an entrance into the game world.

I dint' really like how easy it was for mages to destroy a magitech armor.... In my mind i always envisioned it taking 3 mages to destroy one armor, i mean the thing is a giant steel dragon type thing, and it shoots beams of magic and missiles at you... A ball of fire should not blow it up XD! Unless is Fire 3


Tellah: "I must cast METEOR!"
____________________________



#7 Jan 07 2013 at 10:47 PM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
kainsilv wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Well if we are gonna nitpick, the world itself was pretty good, good visuals, very nice locations, and variations, the problem with the world was, it was stale, and dead like, you had nothing going on, there was nothing happening, and the lore/story of the world was bland and boring, we had this "Empire" that we cannot see, yet is a threat, but only up until the last days of the game, did it make an entrance into the game world.

I dint' really like how easy it was for mages to destroy a magitech armor.... In my mind i always envisioned it taking 3 mages to destroy one armor, i mean the thing is a giant steel dragon type thing, and it shoots beams of magic and missiles at you... A ball of fire should not blow it up XD! Unless is Fire 3


Tellah: "I must cast METEOR!"


*METEO! (Or atleast that's how it's called on my snes cartridge) That scene was so epic when i first played it
____________________________
MUTED
#8 Jan 07 2013 at 10:51 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,229 posts
Ostia wrote:
kainsilv wrote:
Ostia wrote:
Well if we are gonna nitpick, the world itself was pretty good, good visuals, very nice locations, and variations, the problem with the world was, it was stale, and dead like, you had nothing going on, there was nothing happening, and the lore/story of the world was bland and boring, we had this "Empire" that we cannot see, yet is a threat, but only up until the last days of the game, did it make an entrance into the game world.

I dint' really like how easy it was for mages to destroy a magitech armor.... In my mind i always envisioned it taking 3 mages to destroy one armor, i mean the thing is a giant steel dragon type thing, and it shoots beams of magic and missiles at you... A ball of fire should not blow it up XD! Unless is Fire 3


Tellah: "I must cast METEOR!"


*METEO! (Or atleast that's how it's called on my snes cartridge) That scene was so epic when i first played it


That's right. They couldn't call it meteoR because of SNES limitations....... I keed I keed. Lol
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#9 Jan 08 2013 at 10:31 AM Rating: Default
***
2,202 posts
^^^ Lmao!!! Smiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lol
____________________________
MUTED
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 190 All times are in CDT