Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Pure PvP and Scenario Repeatable Quest LevelingFollow

#1 Oct 13 2008 at 11:56 AM Rating: Decent
****
5,488 posts
My friend KTurner and I are going to roll toons for the express purpose of leveling them only in Scenarios and the scenario repeatable quests. Me a Zealot and him a Sorcerer. We have not been to a main city as of yet and were wondering if any of the main cities have all of the different Scenario quest givers there?

Edited, Oct 13th 2008 12:51pm by Aadyn Litefoot
____________________________
KTurner Buggers Animals


Bushmills Dwarf Death Knight
Kil'jaeden Server

#2 Oct 13 2008 at 12:13 PM Rating: Decent
Terrorfiend
*****
12,905 posts
oh man what noobs you and your friend must be.
#3 Oct 13 2008 at 12:18 PM Rating: Decent
****
5,488 posts
******* BS that you didnt have to change your sig and i did....

____________________________
KTurner Buggers Animals


Bushmills Dwarf Death Knight
Kil'jaeden Server

#4 Oct 13 2008 at 12:23 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,489 posts
No they don't, but luckily you can fly to the different cities each time. Honestly though i wouldn't choose to do it that way, you'll end up waiting around alot. I really suggest doing pqs at the very least to make time not stand still
____________________________
Chiel Greenchucka rank 20, RR16 the little shaman that could
#5 Oct 13 2008 at 12:27 PM Rating: Good
****
5,488 posts
Quinz wrote:
No they don't, but luckily you can fly to the different cities each time. Honestly though i wouldn't choose to do it that way, you'll end up waiting around alot. I really suggest doing pqs at the very least to make time not stand still


These won't be mains. I have my Shaman main that I will be concentrating on. These are side projects that Ken and I are doing.
____________________________
KTurner Buggers Animals


Bushmills Dwarf Death Knight
Kil'jaeden Server

#6 Oct 13 2008 at 3:16 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,744 posts
And its a really good way of leveling if you plan on being in your own 2 person party during the scenarios. I did this on my Sorc with a Zealot and we were able to get 12k xp in T1 and 22k xp in T2...that's without even including the repeatable quests. I don't think PVEing could top that sort of xp, especially with 8-10 minute games.

20k xp in T2, even in a ten minute game (which MT usually isn't) that's 2k xp per minute. And the que pops are fairly fast even during the off hours. A quest in T2 gives about 3k xp on average..but takes like 10 minutes to complete. Yeah..idk.


You have to be REALLY good at killing people to make this work though. (Very High Int) Otherwise you'll most likely end up getting less xp then the rest of the group and it's completely pointless.
____________________________
I am Not Always Right, But if you Argue with Me, You are Wrong.

I'm an Official Unamed. Yep.







#7 Oct 13 2008 at 10:30 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,478 posts
Quinz wrote:
, you'll end up waiting around alot.


Depends on the server, destruction or not :p

I leveled 95% of tier 2 from back to back mourkain temple and the 2 repeatable quests in barak var.


edit: and 80% of tier 1. Not because I was waiting around, but I actually forced myself to stop queing to see the open world.



Also, quinz is right in the sense that pq give good gear, so go for it for that.

Edited, Oct 14th 2008 2:24am by Webjunky
#8 Oct 13 2008 at 10:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
10,900 posts
The next person who says "toon" is getting pistol whipped. Smiley: mad
____________________________
Quote:
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk.

The owl then eats the squirrel because it's a bird of prey.
#9 Oct 13 2008 at 10:35 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,478 posts
argh wrote:
And its a really good way of leveling if you plan on being in your own 2 person party during the scenarios. I did this on my Sorc with a Zealot and we were able to get 12k xp in T1 and 22k xp in T2...that's without even including the repeatable quests. I don't think PVEing could top that sort of xp, especially with 8-10 minute games.

20k xp in T2, even in a ten minute game (which MT usually isn't) that's 2k xp per minute. And the que pops are fairly fast even during the off hours. A quest in T2 gives about 3k xp on average..but takes like 10 minutes to complete. Yeah..idk.


You have to be REALLY good at killing people to make this work though. (Very High Int) Otherwise you'll most likely end up getting less xp then the rest of the group and it's completely pointless.



That's basically being a leech. Yea, current mechanics do give you MORE xp, but to my knowledge it takes away from the group. Unless you think you can 2 vs 15 then don't leech the xp. just my opinion, and mechanics will be exploited until fixed, but this WAS supposed to be a group pvp game.
#10 Oct 13 2008 at 11:59 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,744 posts
Well I don't believe it's leeching if you're doing most of the work. I do agree that it's wrong to just join a scenario and stand around and do nothing, because I've seen people who have done that and gotten MORE XP THAN ME while I'm fighting the whole match.

Yeah that's just wrong. But those people generally stay in the main group and just stand around in the far back, or even worse afk.

You get xp based on how much damage you do to a target, or how much damage the person you are healing does to a target...all when the target dies.

So if you haven't tried it yet, it's actually very difficult to out dps a whole group of people just alone, (which is exactly why it's good to have a healer partnered with you) and the only way you can end up getting more xp than the group is if you do out dps the entire group or atleast kill more people. This takes a lot of effort (I guess unless you're a bright wizard?) and I believe if the person is good enough to pull it off then they deserve the extra XP they get. It's a challenge in itself, and for me it makes the game more exciting..constantly trying to outplay everyone else in my scenario.

So no, I disagree, I think those who can do it should because it makes the game more fun and they deserve the xp because if they are actually beating their team then they are putting in more effort than the rest of the team most likely. (Apparently unless you're a bright wizard, but I wouldn't know since I've never played one).

Also generally a good dps/healer partner combo can lead the entire scenario to victory..so they are helping everyone out not just themselves. Atleast let them keep the spoils ;)
____________________________
I am Not Always Right, But if you Argue with Me, You are Wrong.

I'm an Official Unamed. Yep.







#11 Oct 14 2008 at 5:23 AM Rating: Decent
**
361 posts
...toon?

Edited, Oct 14th 2008 8:21am by KannonAshley
#12 Oct 14 2008 at 6:17 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,478 posts
argh wrote:
Well I don't believe it's leeching if you're doing most of the work. I do agree that it's wrong to just join a scenario and stand around and do nothing, because I've seen people who have done that and gotten MORE XP THAN ME while I'm fighting the whole match.

Yeah that's just wrong. But those people generally stay in the main group and just stand around in the far back, or even worse afk.

You get xp based on how much damage you do to a target, or how much damage the person you are healing does to a target...all when the target dies.

So if you haven't tried it yet, it's actually very difficult to out dps a whole group of people just alone, (which is exactly why it's good to have a healer partnered with you) and the only way you can end up getting more xp than the group is if you do out dps the entire group or atleast kill more people. This takes a lot of effort (I guess unless you're a bright wizard?) and I believe if the person is good enough to pull it off then they deserve the extra XP they get. It's a challenge in itself, and for me it makes the game more exciting..constantly trying to outplay everyone else in my scenario.

So no, I disagree, I think those who can do it should because it makes the game more fun and they deserve the xp because if they are actually beating their team then they are putting in more effort than the rest of the team most likely. (Apparently unless you're a bright wizard, but I wouldn't know since I've never played one).

Also generally a good dps/healer partner combo can lead the entire scenario to victory..so they are helping everyone out not just themselves. Atleast let them keep the spoils ;)




Tanks are important to every group. But they don't deal a lot of damage and are mostly single target based. Therefore, they rely off from their TEAM to get them xp and renown. Splitting yourself apart from the group because you deserve the extra xp (even when it steals from others) and not sharing the xp is leeching. When you stand in the back of the group that you are not part of shooting fireballs or whatever, you are leeching. You are using the tanks and other classes to support your ability to stand in the back, safely, and fire away.

Sharing the xp with those tanks is only decency at best.
#13 Oct 14 2008 at 6:31 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
10,900 posts
KannonAshley wrote:
...toon?

Edited, Oct 14th 2008 8:21am by KannonAshley


Screenshot


C'mere a sec.
____________________________
Quote:
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk.

The owl then eats the squirrel because it's a bird of prey.
#14 Oct 14 2008 at 9:14 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
67 posts
Typically I do PvE and PQ in between the RvR sceneroies. I like doing the RvR, but I also recognize that you go to do something while wiating for the queue.
____________________________
Liter, lvl 20 Bright Wizard of Divinity
Ledarr, lvl 22 Shadow Assassin of Captains Hammers Fan Club
Laserus, lvl 22 Witch Hunter of Legendary Warriors
Yenkin, lvl 17 White Lion

"War cannot be humanized.
It can only be eliminated."

Albert Einstein
#15 Oct 14 2008 at 9:26 AM Rating: Good
Terrorfiend
*****
12,905 posts
hmm. maybe queue times are a problem later. ive had instant queues on everything so far.
#16 Oct 14 2008 at 10:08 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,744 posts
Quote:

Tanks are important to every group. But they don't deal a lot of damage and are mostly single target based. Therefore, they rely off from their TEAM to get them xp and renown. Splitting yourself apart from the group because you deserve the extra xp (even when it steals from others) and not sharing the xp is leeching. When you stand in the back of the group that you are not part of shooting fireballs or whatever, you are leeching. You are using the tanks and other classes to support your ability to stand in the back, safely, and fire away.

Sharing the xp with those tanks is only decency at best.


3 Things.

Firstly, who says the tank can't get in a 2-3 person group himself with some friends and do THE EXACT SAME THING. Or just join the Party THEY are in..since clearly they are doing a better job then the others in the scenario if this is actually a problem.

Secondly, I've seen Chosen and Black Orcs be on top of DPS chart before in both T1 and T2, haven't progressed passed that yet but I would imagine one built to damage can there too..it's just probably quite a bit more difficult. They have the advantage of staying alive much longer and therefore having the opportunity to kill more people, unlike many dps classes who drop very fast when actually under attack.

Thirdly, Why the **** would I stand in the back of the "Main Group" if I have a healer with me? That's quite possibly the stupidest thing you can do, then you end up sharing XP with the others in the group whether you want to or not because they TOO are doing DMG to the targets. **** that, if you have a healer with you the best thing to do is go fight in an area where there's less team mates or no "Main Group" and just pick off any enemy players that come by. Easily done and gives TONS more XP then fighting people with the group.

So if your biggest concern was the duo "Stealing" your exp then this shouldn't even be a problem for you because if they are smart they most likely won't be fighting around where you are anyways. And if they AREN'T smart then most likely they will be getting LESS Xp than you anyways so there's no reason to complain about it. ****, if your in the "Main Group" attacking someone with your entire group, and one person is attacking that same target too that's not in it, most likely you'll get more XP than him because your group did more DMG. Like I said, it's harder to out damage an entire group than you might think. So they are better off fighting solo targets. And why on earth would you deserve exp for something he killed practically all by himself without your help at all??
____________________________
I am Not Always Right, But if you Argue with Me, You are Wrong.

I'm an Official Unamed. Yep.







Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 14 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (14)