So far I'm having an awesome time in the game, are you?! I wanted to point out a few things that I took notice of and see what you thought. I'll list them here for easy pickings:
1) I have been on several different servers so far and Destruction almost always outnumbered Order. I noticed large groups playing destruction, while there were fewer groups playing Order. Should we be concerned about overall RvR balance?
2) Graphics are simply amazing at this point! While I still feel there is some work to be done, I think they enhanced a few things over the previous weekend. How do you compare the graphics to previous versions you've seen?
3) Combat encounters are a fun time, but there are a few interesting things here to note. First, the melee ranges seems to need a lot of work still. Second, how cool are some of these maneuvers?! Check out the Squig Herder in particular and watch what they can do when in full combat. I'll try to get some screenshots up later. Their bow attacks are simply wicked. Send in yours and we'll post them!
4) I don't know if you've noticed yet, but in playing a male elf... well, sometimes I'm simply confused if I'm playing a male elf! A few more choices in the "masculine" department are in order I think. Elves are naturally "refined", but to me the game has them a bit TOO refined at this time. A "scruffy" elf isn't a bad thing.
5) Squig Herders were a difficult experience in the beginning of the game to play, but this is one area that has most definitely seen tremendous improvements. So far this is my favorite career to play! I love having pets in general, and playing this career really makes it fun. Everything I've been doing hasn't been ruined by the pet doing (or not doing) something it wasn't supposed to.
6) Renown gear seemed a bit underpowered right now. I've been trying to use this with a couple of characters, but it just doesn't seem functional at this time. What are your impressions? I haven't had a lot of time with these characters yet, but I'm not getting anywhere with Renown gear.
7) Give me high resolution graphics! Yes, there are great graphics in the game when in your immediate area. However, one thing that a lot of games will do is lower the details of resolutions the farther out they are. This preserves performance when details aren't really necessary, however, it can still make things from a far view look rather ugly, marring everything up close. There aren't many options yet for graphics adjustments, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the game will offer settings on the order of what I've seen in EverQuest II.
8) I love just exploring and getting lost. Fortunately for those adventurers you will find great areas to explore in the game. WAR is actually bringing back memories of Dark Age of Camelot (an old time favorite of mine I still play from time-to-time).
Ok, I have 2) and 7) that could be combined, but graphics are seriously important to me, and so they deserve double mention :P.
So far overall, it's been a blast! I just wish I could join up with the rest of the group here, but its been sporadic with my Internet connection :(. I feel like I'm in China again! (I'm not, honest!).
Edited, Sep 7th 2008 9:13pm by Berek