Thank you for responding. I was getting a little discouraged that there hadn't been a single post for days. A little update, I'm now 0/2 on this, with my second attempt being a definite improvement from the first. I tried working on the Warmachine first (2 reasons- one, if I bind it anywhere near the horde, it may curaga and wake them up prematurely, and two, so long as I can handle the ranged damage from the RNG, binding him is not really necessary as he doesn't get in your face and start interrupting your casting with melee attacks. On the other hand, the Warmachine DOES do this occasionally, which is actually why I failed my 2nd attempt,) and I almost took him out, got him down to about 25% before things hit the fan.
I'm really coming to the conclusion that Inventory space is my biggest problem- with all of my gear required to maximize the impact of each set (nuking, enfeebling, SS, MPH, etc..) it only leaves a couple of spaces free for meds and yags. (BTW I've been using Cream Puffs for food- unless you really think that Pies will give me a better edge.) I wish Vile Elixir(+1)s were'nt Rare, so I could carry more than one. Here's what I brought to the fight my last try:
Cream Puffs (food slot)
Vile Elixir+1 (1 second use)
Vile Elixir (1 second use)
Hi-Elixir x 3 (10 second use)
Yagudo Drink x 4 (drink slot)
I did use AM2 last time. I agree its not as MP efficient, maybe I should change to using T4's other than Ice and Thunder, or maybe using T3 Ice and Thunder nukes while my T4 recast timers are down. Aspir works good on the Warmachine too.
Yes, my gear is in good shape, near maxed merits, and my macros are set to take full advantage of whatever spell is needed at the time. (Doesn't leave room to macro in meds though.) The only set I'm missing is a Zenith/Sorc. Ring set, and I don't have any Morrigans, or a pair of Herald's Gaiters. Other than that, gear is in great shape. What I'm concluding though is I need more room free for meds and yags. That means leaving some equipment home. I'm thinking maybe I could cope without a few of my MPH+ pieces, and maybe my Dark Skill set. I think I need to keep my full enfeebling, nuking, and max-mp sets (this would mostly be used just before I pop a med, to max out how much MP I recover from it.) Does that sound solid to you?
And for the second part, which I haven't experience yet, yeah hopefully Trio won't be dumb though I suspect he will. I have no idea how strong those final 3 Orcs are, and how resilliant Trion is. Like, how fast would he die if I left him to his own devices? I think I may just have to get lucky on the second part and hope Trion picks the PLD first, otherwise I don't know how well I could handle kiting the PLD while keeping Trion alive and the 3rd Orc slept AND helping take down the Orc Trion picks as fast as possible. If it weren't for worrying about keeping Trion alive, I've seriously toyed with the idea of attempting it on THF in full evasion gear, lol.
Oh, and I was actualy the person who posted that info on Wiki about being able to cast on the RNG before they aggro. I learned that on my 2nd attempt XD
So, in summary, here are my questions I'd like some feedback on if possible:
1. The advisability of sacrificing the following gear to free up room for more meds and Yag drinks:
MPH (5 slots at a cost of sacrificing +8 MPH)
Dark Skill (2 slots at a cost of sacrificing +22 Dark Skill)
Elemental Skill+ set (2 slots at a cost of +20 Elemental Skill)
Stoneksin(Enhancing) set (1 slot at a cost of +4 MND) (Still capped without it, I think.)
MAB (1 slot at a cost of 2 MAB)
2. Which would be the optimal day to do this fight on? Iceday, Thundersday, or Darksday? (Ice, Thunder, obis obtained, and would bring the matching one if fought on one of those days. No problems with landing sleep so far on the first round, but I don't know how resistant to Sleep the second round Orcs are.)
3. Do you think I'd be better off taking the RNG down first, instead of the War Machine? Since I could get off a nuke before aggroing on the RNG.. but the War Machine seems to be a bigger threat imo.)
4. Food. Stick with Cream Puffs for their +7 INT?
5. Save 2hr for the second round, or use it to assist in taking the unsleepable mobs down faster on the first round?
6. Include a haste/fastcast macro set? I could do this with Loq Earring, Rostrum Pumps, Swift Belt, and Wally Turban, at a cost of 2 additional inventory slots. It would cost me in other stats though, about +11 INT would be sacrificed for nukes/enfeebs(mostly enfeebs) when casting with gear swapped out for the haste/fastcast. (Could be used to shorten recast timers of nukes and Bind/Sleep)
I appreciate any feedback. ^_^
"An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less." -Japanese proverb
75's: THF BLM WHM SMN [Up and coming: DRK(66)]
Windy, Bastok, Sandy, Zilart, CoP, ToAU, WotG: Complete
Chocobo Digging: A10