It's true that you can only *start* the quest in your home city's mog house (edit: and you do it by *talking* to the moogle, so be sure to do that rather than, say, access MH menu from the main menu).
However, once started, you can a. ditch the bed if you like, b. trade the items to the moogle in home city *or* rent-a-room, c. get the cutscene announcing the safe was expanded in home city *or* rent-a-room.
In other words, only *starting* the quest is all picky about requirements, but completing it, it's not strict at all about where you do what.
Anyway, my ideas:
- Bronze Bed is in mog safe but isn't set out as furniture with the Layout command in mog house. It needs to be set out in the layout for it to count.
- Bronze Bed is in layout, but wasn't there at the time of the conquest update this past Sunday. (This seems unlikely from your wording, but it could be possible.)
- You need more home city fame. (And if you're not Windurstian, you want fame for whatever city you have allegiance to, not just Windurst.) Either because you have less fame than you think, or the quest requires more fame than everyone thinks. Either way, raising fame won't hurt.
- If your Bronze Bed wasn't already in layout, put it there. If it was, leave it there.
- Keep working on fame-raising. Chances are, this is the issue. (The vast majority of the time when someone can't start a quest, it's because they think they have enough fame, but actually don't for one or another reason. So right on up until the fame checking NPC mentions the goddess in their babbling - which indicates max fame - it can never hurt to raise fame.)
Edited, Oct 25th 2006 at 4:36pm PDT by Vilurum
Vilurum - Quetzalcoatl
Career bard. Mission hound. Map collector.
Fan of logic and objectivity over prejudice. Map List