Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

These still exist?Follow

#1 May 04 2008 at 9:29 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,210 posts
Well I got dragged onto my whm (59) today, and exp'd, our decent rdm, but with an attitude I don't care for, left because we 'only' made 5k an hour with WAR tank, no PLD or NIN seeking, and hadn't been seeking for the past 4 hours.

Anyway, in comes a replacement, who didn't use a single elemental staff, not even dark for resting, she also meleed in int rings and whatnot.
She was unable to keep up refresh cycle, or haste cycle, or even haste anyone, she only hasted herself.
Her debuffs got resisted most of the time, and then she even DoT'd a monster we weren't fighting which wiped the PT and we decided to disband rather than put up with her...

To be nice I did the following:
click for picture

Well, I lost my niceness after a while, but wow, I'm surprised RDMs like that still exist...
____________________________
~~~~FFXI~~~~
~Various jobs~
#2 May 04 2008 at 9:33 AM Rating: Default
***
1,911 posts
And now if you have to pick, you pick the first RDM or the second RDM?


PS. that is why a lot of RDMs act like that.
____________________________
[ffxisig]90687[/ffxisig]

http://crissagrym.livejournal.com/
#3 May 04 2008 at 9:38 AM Rating: Decent
*****
13,160 posts
crissagrym wrote:
And now if you have to pick, you pick the first RDM or the second RDM?


PS. that is why a lot of RDMs act like that.


You do know there are sh*tty players on every job, right?

Look, I'd stay if a party is running smoothly and making 5k/hr. Maybe the kills are slow or whatever, but I'd take it. Some people have higher standards. I'm not going to begrudge them for it. I just disagree with the way you worded your post. It makes it seem like RDMs are the only ones who are free to refuse a party that is below their standards.



As for the RDM without staves, you (OP) were nicer than I would have ended up being.
____________________________
Banh
#4 May 04 2008 at 9:55 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,245 posts
I don't find it wrong to pick and choose your party. If your job is that much in demand, then more power to ya. Why take less when you can get more?

I don't find it fun casting Refresh and Haste over and over and over and over and over, but I do find everything else my job can do very fun.

If I had to choose between the 5k/hr pt or going lfg again, I'd go lfg. There's plenty of stuff to do while going lfg for a pt that can do over 5k/hr at that lvl range.
____________________________
Bsphil wrote:
Rana does his own sh*t. He's edgy and 3-hitty. He'll walk up to merit mobs and go, so what I don't have an attack bonus, I'm @#%^ing rana. I'm a black hole of awesome, absorbing all dimensions of win from all around me. That's right I @#%^ing open darkness for your gekko. Without me you'd be a @#%^ing nobody. You'd be blowing PUPs for party invites. Rana is the alpha and the omega, if by alpha and omega, you mean the first and third hits of rana.
#5 May 04 2008 at 10:00 AM Rating: Good
****
4,719 posts
I can understand where he or she gets the idea to think a sword is a RDM's primary weapon, but gah. >< Here's a description of this job out of an old manual:

Capable of using both white and black magic; adept at swordsmanship. However, red mages take far longer to master powerful spells than white and black mages due to their broad range of abilities.

A sword solely made for RDM.

And for a fact that they can wield this and their coming new relic which is also a sword.

Their weapon is primarily a sword in past FF games, especially as we can see from the original (see crissagrym's avatar).

The stuff as mentioned above is what may confuse the player. Not every player goes to Allakazam or even know about it, which I would mention it to that misguided RDM in /tell about it in case he or she didn't know.

The RDM is probably lazy if not misguided, their party invite rate is pretty high and it was probably hard for him or her to decline in order to spend the time to better him or herself in affording elemental staves and vice versa. As a THF myself, which the party invite rate is not as high, I had to find myself declining some of the invites I've gotten while in the middle of upgrading my gear.

This RDM could of been informed that since their party invite rate is pretty high anyway, it won't hurt to decline some invites as much like I had to do as a THF to spend the time elsewhere onto gil to upgrade the gear. Could also of been informed that swords for RDMs to use are better off for solo/campaign/fun with friends, elemental staves for exp party play & big HNM fights and etc.

Edited, May 4th 2008 1:11pm by Jevilwolf
____________________________
Reiterpallasch wrote:
Horst needs a 1 minute, 15 foot doom aura. Get in, get out, or @#%^ing die.
Calmus wrote:
...draining with sambas is kind of like you smack the thing and as you smack blood flies out... normally the blood would just you know fall and be red an what-not, but, with the samba your all whacked out and decide to drink the blood as it flys out. thus not adding MORE damage just taking more advantage of your damage. at least thats my take on it.
#6 May 04 2008 at 10:18 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
72 posts
There's more players that's like this then ever before. >< That's partly why I've taken a long break now.
____________________________
Shohlenole at Garuda
lvl 75 blm 75 brd 75 smn
#7 May 04 2008 at 10:21 AM Rating: Good
***
2,552 posts
Thats why you 'inform' a new player by saying 'hey, your level 51 - you need to get the elemental staves because they do *insert all the flavor here*'.

It has nothing to do with forums, it has to do with simple common sense. This is 2008, the game is bleeding 75s - if your new, kindly ask the 123 RDM75s online what they did at 75, most will help you as they are willing to hand out advice - hell 10 opinions is enough to make a decision, FF is supposed to be friendly right?

If a player is too lazy to gear themselves up to 'mediocre' via the common sense gear then something is wrong, if players in a party are being bogged down and the person is obviously being ignorant - thats what the remove player buttons for.

I have nothing against new players, hell i bleed out advice... what i do have an issue with is people who obviously want to skate to 75 on sh*t gear and the excuse that they are new and dont know better - do some homework, ask some questions, make some decisions.
____________________________
Sparthosx
90 WAR BLU BRD RNG PUP COR SCH DNC WHM RDM






#8 May 04 2008 at 10:29 AM Rating: Good
Sage
***
2,220 posts
Omg Magistar! lmao.

she's still around? Ya, Dude. She's dumber than a brick wall.
#9 May 04 2008 at 10:33 AM Rating: Good
***
1,911 posts
What the community need to do, is the kick her on the spot, not just "OK just bear with it", it's those mentality that let those kind of morons hit 75.

Wait, actually it should be fine, don't tell her to use any staff or she might really have a chance to beat L5. (I know L5 can also be melee'd but I doubt she can)

Tell her to stick to her sword.
____________________________
[ffxisig]90687[/ffxisig]

http://crissagrym.livejournal.com/
#10 May 04 2008 at 10:59 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,769 posts
She's a RDM. If she bought a scroll of refresh, she gets a free ride to 75. It's how the game works, unfortunately. Which is why I am SOOOOO glad they let sublimation be subbable. Really helps you NOT invite the idiots who only leveled RDM and BRD in level 30 gear all the way to 75, yet still have a damn party!
____________________________
Quote:
Maybe if we wait long enough, he'll tell us about how he walked barefoot uphill through snow both ways in Uleregand and defeated the evil Snoll Tzar with nothing but a stack of pebbles. Men were men back then. Mithra were men, too, but they don't talk about that.

Mellowy is awesome, now.
Quote:
I'm sorry. My hoovercraft is full of Summoners. As soon as I claim a thread, they just flood out and cover the whole place. Slippery suckers, those Summoners.
#11 May 04 2008 at 11:07 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,911 posts
That is why RDM L5 is a bit harder than others, to stop these sort of people, although doesn't seems to be working, may be need to make it harder.....

>.>;
____________________________
[ffxisig]90687[/ffxisig]

http://crissagrym.livejournal.com/
#12 May 04 2008 at 11:17 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,123 posts
I think Birdhair of Bahamut still takes the cake.

RDM/NIN... no Utsusemi. I first ran afoul of him when he was leveling said NIN sub (which never got past ~24 mind you).

Melees in party.

Refreshes only self.

Hastes only self.

Will go anon before arriving to a party and say he brought /WHM as expressly requested while still dual-wielding swords.

Check the Bahamut forum for a thread, theres more than a dozen over the years.

Thank Altana for that L5 fight.

Edited, May 4th 2008 12:18pm by Ranzear
____________________________
Quote:
I knew a man who once said death smiles at us all; all a man can do is smile back.
#13 May 04 2008 at 11:24 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,911 posts
And he is 75 now?

May I ask how?

And Party did NOTHING when he is /WHM while dual wielding?



EDit: Just checked Bahamut server forum, at least nothing about him on first page :D

Edited, May 4th 2008 12:26pm by crissagrym
____________________________
[ffxisig]90687[/ffxisig]

http://crissagrym.livejournal.com/
#14ghostfear, Posted: May 04 2008 at 11:27 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I can't figure out if it's because there are so many rdms that I see lots of rdms who have no idea what rdm is beyond Cure/Haste/Refresh. But it's a little disheartening seeing so many rdms not macroing or just in full AF...everytime a rdm exps in full AF a goblin kills a noob...
#15 May 04 2008 at 11:27 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,123 posts
Last active in July.
http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=32585&sid=1

Good riddance.
____________________________
Quote:
I knew a man who once said death smiles at us all; all a man can do is smile back.
#16 May 04 2008 at 11:29 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,473 posts
lol, Birdhair quit or transferred servers or something.
____________________________
Kelia, Bahamut. RDM/WHM/BLM/BRD/BST/PLD/SMN75 ~ Next: mystery melee
http://refreshwhore.livejournal.com
Discordia, 80 human gimpmage + Vrtra, nub drood - Shattered Halls EU
iRage (。◕‿‿◕。)
#17 May 04 2008 at 11:32 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,123 posts
He'd still show up on FFXIAH.com if he didn't change names.

No... he'd still show up. Somebody would point out a RDM doing what he does and everyone would know its him.
____________________________
Quote:
I knew a man who once said death smiles at us all; all a man can do is smile back.
#18 May 04 2008 at 11:37 AM Rating: Decent
*****
13,160 posts
crissagrym wrote:
And he is 75 now?

May I ask how?

And Party did NOTHING when he is /WHM while dual wielding?



EDit: Just checked Bahamut server forum, at least nothing about him on first page :D

Edited, May 4th 2008 12:26pm by crissagrym


Well, at least according to your sig, RDM is the only job you have 40+. Maybe it hasn't been updated, or maybe you do have jobs leveled that you didn't put in the sig, but as a RDM you probably haven't experienced the hell that is waiting for a Refresher, since most other people won't party without one.

I mean, if the guy isn't Refreshing anyone else or whatever, he's obviously not helping a party, but there's a reason a party will put up with a poor RDM, if they at least Refresh and Cure a bit. As a melee, it's not like you can usually just disband and get another invite instantly. It's not like there's usually a large number of Refreshers just waiting for parties.

You say that people should just kick the RDM without staves, and blame people who probably waited a few hours for allowing someone like that to gain EXP. What the hell would you have people do? If some sh*tty RDM making it to 75 just because they can Refresh lets me get my EXP, I'm going to take it.
____________________________
Banh
#19 May 04 2008 at 11:42 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,123 posts
boywithoutaspoon, Eater of Souls wrote:
If some sh*tty RDM making it to 75 just because they can Refresh lets me get my EXP, I'm going to take it.

+1 from the DRK

Unless its Birdhair or something equally inexcusable of course.
____________________________
Quote:
I knew a man who once said death smiles at us all; all a man can do is smile back.
#20 May 04 2008 at 11:46 AM Rating: Decent
**
673 posts
I just came from a party like this. Level 59. I can completely undestand where you are coming from. You just need to disband and look for another party or kick the member and move on.

After 5 years of playing this game I am willing to help, but I'll be damned if I have the patience to deal with mouthy, gimped players.

Among my favorites to advise and then if said player mouthes at, disband:

Fighting mobs that are too hard.
"We CAN fight dese i did dat yday don't leik dat den leav!!!!!!"

Puting up with awful camps and exp (>~4.5k/hr)
"Try anuva 1 mite be beta sum r harda dan ovas"

Rediculous party setups
"We dun need no whm we got da mage da blm"

Going afk without saying anything more than once at key points.
"Sorry abowt dat mah dog wuz on meh agen"

RDM's that refuse to (backup) cure.
"I aint no whm"

BRD's that let key spells go down for long periods of time.
"i woz gunna do it in a min"

BLM's that pull hate all the time.
"He reli hates me haha"

Mages with key missing spells.
"dude, der wuz no raise on ah, quit complainin"

When no effort has been put into gear, so that the party suffers.
"I aint got da moneys for dat, dis is good neways stfu"

Bad attitude when asked to do something that whilst may be out of the ordinary, could cause the party to wipe or fail without.
"mnk aint no tank I aint vokin for da thf"

There are some things that I can put up with because we can still manage, although the situation is not ideal; e.g. WHM's who don't use Flash appropriately (/at all). In this situation if everything else is O.K. I'm not going to disband oevr an argument about Flash.

I would not have put up with that RDM. I can't blame the first one, as long as he was at least decent about it.


____________________________
95THF
Bismarck
#21 May 04 2008 at 11:46 AM Rating: Default
***
1,911 posts
nah unfortunately RDM is the job I started with 4 years ago and still my only 75, and I refuse to take on another job til I get everything I want for it (wish list is still rather long).

Way back 3-4 years ago, even before that massive inflation, as RDM you will be expected to actually Enfeeble, if it is a NIN tank, he will have a go if he notice enfeebles are not on. Yes mages will also have a go if you don't Refresh, back then WHM and BLM were still highly sought after in a PT, in fact, BLM is another one of those job there isn't one, it wasn't worth exp-ing cause without MB kills are just way too slow, and they will happy to yell if you don't Refresh, in fact, some of them start shouting the moment Refresh wore and I am already mid-casting.

While I never had the problem of looking for Refresher, I had my fair share of looking for WHM/BLM/tank. While BLM were sought after, I remember exp-ing with a BLM around 60 in Valley of Sorrow, he just keep casting every single elemental debuff and let them cancel each other, tried to tell him to stop but he just won't listen, ended up I just Warp from the PT and go back to LFG. That didn't stop me then, it will not stop me now.
____________________________
[ffxisig]90687[/ffxisig]

http://crissagrym.livejournal.com/
#22 May 04 2008 at 11:50 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,911 posts
And also you missed when BLM dies
"PLD what the hell were you doing?"
____________________________
[ffxisig]90687[/ffxisig]

http://crissagrym.livejournal.com/
#23 May 04 2008 at 11:52 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,123 posts
Related:

Not keeping track of party members' recast times.
"Cover!" -Very Next Pull- "Zomg wtf cover me!"
____________________________
Quote:
I knew a man who once said death smiles at us all; all a man can do is smile back.
#24 May 04 2008 at 11:58 AM Rating: Good
*****
13,160 posts
crissagrym wrote:

While I never had the problem of looking for Refresher, I had my fair share of looking for WHM/BLM/tank. While BLM were sought after, I remember exp-ing with a BLM around 60 in Valley of Sorrow, he just keep casting every single elemental debuff and let them cancel each other, tried to tell him to stop but he just won't listen, ended up I just Warp from the PT and go back to LFG. That didn't stop me then, it will not stop me now.


Right, but my point is that you were a RDM, a sought after job. I know how it goes, I leveled PLD. Instant party invites all the way up to 73. I was pickier with PLD than I was with MNK. Yes you can afford to be. That's not my point. My point is that these bad players get to 75 because while you won't get the best EXP/hr with them, some is usually better than none, when you don't get many invites. I think that if you took a melee up, you'd find yourself putting up with a lot more crap than you do on RDM.
____________________________
Banh
#25 May 04 2008 at 12:34 PM Rating: Good
*****
13,160 posts
Ranzear wrote:
Related:

Not keeping track of party members' recast times.
"Cover!" -Very Next Pull- "Zomg wtf cover me!"


I like when you move in front of a melee, and Cover them, and they move to the side because "you're blocking my view of the mob"
____________________________
Banh
#26Belaneau, Posted: May 04 2008 at 12:36 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Why does everyone think Rdm's main weapon is a sword? Cause of AF?(look at War for fail on that) because pics show it?
#27 May 04 2008 at 12:41 PM Rating: Good
***
1,911 posts
Agree on the fact that, without specific sub, Evisceration wins.

With correct sub, I do like my Vorpal Blade
____________________________
[ffxisig]90687[/ffxisig]

http://crissagrym.livejournal.com/
#28 May 04 2008 at 12:43 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
13,160 posts
Belaneau wrote:


Look at Sword vs Dagger skill. Same right?
Now name a single Sword WS that is worth a damn at 100%?
There is none.


/BLU, /WAR, /DRK, or /PLD and Vorpal Blade.
____________________________
Banh
#29 May 04 2008 at 12:43 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,911 posts
Fun Fact:

RDM used to have even weaker Sword skill than now, and if you notice, RDM's starting weapon is actually a dagger not a sword.

It was til a later time, when people discovered BRD has higher sword skill than RDM, and people complaint how does BRD have highest sword skill than RDM when RDM suppose to be a "melee mage", which is then SE boosted RDM's sword skill to it is now.
____________________________
[ffxisig]90687[/ffxisig]

http://crissagrym.livejournal.com/
#30 May 04 2008 at 1:20 PM Rating: Good
*****
11,538 posts
akiraokami wrote:
Well I got dragged onto my whm (59) today, and exp'd, our decent rdm, but with an attitude I don't care for, left because we 'only' made 5k an hour with WAR tank, no PLD or NIN seeking, and hadn't been seeking for the past 4 hours.

Anyway, in comes a replacement, who didn't use a single elemental staff, not even dark for resting, she also meleed in int rings and whatnot.
She was unable to keep up refresh cycle, or haste cycle, or even haste anyone, she only hasted herself.
Her debuffs got resisted most of the time, and then she even DoT'd a monster we weren't fighting which wiped the PT and we decided to disband rather than put up with her...

To be nice I did the following:
click for picture

Well, I lost my niceness after a while, but wow, I'm surprised RDMs like that still exist...


Also, RDM have no staff skill at all. They can equip them (And I agree, should) but they have no skill level in them.

The problem with the RDM in question is that they haven't had enough people explain to them (or it just hasn't sunk in yet) that they need to get the @#%^ in the back and enfeeble/cure/haste/refresh/nuke, not melee (unless they have all of those other bases covered while meleeing, and in this case, they don't).

It's one thing for a RDM to melee early on, in fact I tend to encourage it because it's usually more MP efficient than nuking at lower levels. But as time goes on, RDM melee becomes less feasable because as the player-monster level gap widens, they will need more and more "melee gear" in order to DD effecctively. And in most cases, "melee gear" would be replacing an slot that could use "mage gear".

Sure a RDM -could- gear themselves for dmg, acc, etc but they'd be sacrificing MP, INT, MND, and that's a big no-no in most cases.
____________________________
[ffxisig]55836[/ffxisig]

Mikhalia: and FWIW, my posts are 95% helpful, informative, or funny.
Mikhalia: only 5% or less of my posts are utter crap.
Tyapex: 393 posts of utter crap...
Mikhalia: Sounds about right.
#31DaimenKain, Posted: May 04 2008 at 3:42 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Yeah, I don't think it's bad for a RDM to be displeased with 5k/hr at level 59. Why should they have to stick it out with a crappy party?
#32 May 04 2008 at 8:51 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
255 posts
Quote:

To be nice I did the following:
click for picture


D: Elemental staffs are not THAT expensive. They used to be 100k+ at inflation , now they are only 30k tops. That Rdm could have at least have gotten Light/Dark staffs . . .

"but im not going to waste all my gil just to have 8staff that will not be use when im 75"



"you are obviously a lost cause"



Edited, May 5th 2008 12:54am by Slavek
#33 May 04 2008 at 9:32 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
52 posts
Quote:
Right, but my point is that you were a RDM, a sought after job. I know how it goes, I leveled PLD. Instant party invites all the way up to 73. I was pickier with PLD than I was with MNK. Yes you can afford to be. That's not my point. My point is that these bad players get to 75 because while you won't get the best EXP/hr with them, some is usually better than none, when you don't get many invites. I think that if you took a melee up, you'd find yourself putting up with a lot more crap than you do on RDM.


Well actually its quite the opposite, for me at least. If you take a look at my sig, as well as the other characters I've lvl'd, you'll notice I've had experience to some degree with a bit of each job. My patience at this point is very very thin. I would rather farm while lfg, or sit in my MH, as opposed to dealing with gimpy/crummy players. Yes, its true alot of the newer players lack some of the refined upbringing us old school players were formed around. However alot of the newbs simply dont want your advice or take offense to suggestions. I too had a similar issue while xping nin for the 3rd time.

I was at the Jungle camp outside of Sea Seperant Grotto, party setup was NIN(Me),MNK(GF), SCH, WAR, THF, RDM. Lvl Range 27-31. Honestly I'm not a big fan of thfs pre-30, but they have to get to 30 somehow so I dont give alot of lip or anything. This thf, however was in lvl 17 gear using a lvl 20 Merc dagger and was about 1 lvl above everyone else, war sub and had no ring, belt, earrings, or back slot. The war in the party was /mnk and insisted on using a sword and shield.....I gave the war a suggestion of picking up a GA if /mnk was going to be in her future. In any case the party was struggling and I had a chat with the leader in /tell. I then requested leader and basically told the thf and war they were dead weight and had to remove them from the party. I got a blm and mnk as a replacement and we were golden.

I think after having put so many lvls into my characters, I simply no longer have the patience to deal with halfa^&#d put together parties. It was interesting that the OP was not willing to put up with a crappy rdm, but willing to deal with a WAR tank at 59ish. Personally War tank can work if the kills are very quick, but parties at that lvl where you can pull out the speed kills you need to make it effective are far and few between. I would actually like to commmend the 1st RDM for staying as long as he/she did to at least see if it would work out, because tbh even if I was in that party as a thf I wouldnt have been around long enough to find out. ^^;

Edited, May 5th 2008 1:35am by Eliteos
____________________________
75DRK/75MNK/75WAR/75NIN/75SAM/75BRD/75PLD/75DRG/74RNG/74BLU/72THF/61PUP/61BLM/45RDM/45SMN/44COR/43SCH/42WHM/37DNC/
#34 May 04 2008 at 9:47 PM Rating: Default
14 posts
we'll when i'm playing my blm <75>... if i cast am2 and get hate i expect a big hug from said mob. When i need to control my hate ,have for years, i can np... but to the point said rdm should, or any rdm whm blm smn, have all ele staffs




Edited, May 5th 2008 1:48am by goldenkid
#35 May 04 2008 at 9:50 PM Rating: Good
Quote:

I think after having put so many lvls into my characters, I simply no longer have the patience to deal with halfa^&#d put together parties. It was interesting that the OP was not willing to put up with a crappy rdm, but willing to deal with a WAR tank at 59ish. Personally War tank can work if the kills are very quick, but parties at that lvl where you can pull out the speed kills you need to make it effective are far and few between. I would actually like to commmend the 1st RDM for staying as long as he/she did to at least see if it would work out, because tbh even if I was in that party as a thf I wouldnt have been around long enough to find out. ^^;


However some people actually would like to level jobs, not sit around for endless hours not leveling. That means putting up with lower exp, trying odd combinations, and just making do. Unless people stop partying altogether, which in this game seems to be an increasing trend.
____________________________
Retired.
#36 May 05 2008 at 2:51 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,210 posts
Eliteos wrote:
It was interesting that the OP was not willing to put up with a crappy rdm, but willing to deal with a WAR tank at 59ish. Personally War tank can work if the kills are very quick, but parties at that lvl where you can pull out the speed kills you need to make it effective are far and few between. I would actually like to commmend the 1st RDM for staying as long as he/she did to at least see if it would work out, because tbh even if I was in that party as a thf I wouldnt have been around long enough to find out. ^^;


Well I don't have all my characters listed in my sig, I have a ton of jobs at tons of levels, and I just got back from a rather long break, to me the exp flow don't matter that much, i was there to play, 5k an hour isn't bad exp, it's not great, but it isn't bad.
When I started the game, 5k an hour was "omg that's high!" and I dreamt of reaching those uber party levels that made the fabled 8-10k an hour.

In today's game you can go days between each nin or pld you see lfg, so right now, nin and pld are just as much in demand as a BRD is.
And you know what? I'd like more to put up with 5k an hour with a WAR tank, than wait 1 week between each time I exp.

But, as an RDM75 myself, I -love- my sword, and my dagger, but I wont ever pull either out in an EXP pt, unless one or more of the following criteria is met.
1) I'm the tank as RDM
2) It's an LS/Friend party where we're all just goofing around and I therefore dress up in melee
or
3) the mob is sleep resistant, gravity resistant, bind resistant, and I happen to have my melee gear on me and everyone else is dead.

neither of those are met especially often.

On yet another note, dark staff is 10-13k in midgard.
I think Light staff is roughly the same, i'm at work so I can't check right now, but I just sold one of my dark staff's for 11k myself.
____________________________
~~~~FFXI~~~~
~Various jobs~
#37 May 05 2008 at 3:11 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,896 posts
DaimenKain wrote:

Yeah, I don't think it's bad for a RDM to be displeased with 5k/hr at level 59. Why should they have to stick it out with a crappy party?


5k an hour at 59 is fine and any rdm or brd or other primadonna that would leave to get a better party deserves to be blisted, imho.

____________________________
ffxi: (retired) RDM,WHM,BLM,PLD,NIN,BLU,THF 75
WoW: PAL,SHA 80, ROG 80

#38 May 05 2008 at 3:12 AM Rating: Decent
******
43,139 posts
Is this this weeks RDM Melee Flame thread? Let me pull up a seat. I love the drama these produce.

Smiley: popcorn
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#39 May 05 2008 at 3:16 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,210 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Is this this weeks RDM Melee Flame thread? Let me pull up a seat. I love the drama these produce.

Smiley: popcorn


Only if you want it to be good sir :P
____________________________
~~~~FFXI~~~~
~Various jobs~
#40 May 05 2008 at 3:25 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
******
20,072 posts
I pulled my one and only Princess Bard a few weeks back when I got an invite from a MNK for this party:

MNK*
DRG
PUP
SAM
WHM
BRD

After I was invited, and checked to see whether it was a NIN or PLD or double WAR or double DNC since it alters the way I perform my job on BRD, I cautiously pointed out that we had no tank. The MNK was like, oh then we'll get one, but then the PUP of all people was like, "Well I'll drop then because this setup is sh*t."

After 30 minutes of {Looking for members.} trying to get a tank, I told the party "Sorry, can't take this," grabbed the PUP (a friend) and a few minutes later the PUP grabbed the DRG because he had been decently geared and agreed with her that the PT setup was sh*t (XD)

We all subbed WHM, went out to the Lesser Collibri, and trio'd our way for a bit at 7K/hour. About an hour later we saw the remains of the party we'd ditched on chocobos heading to camp in Aydeewa.

I hope that's the last time I ever invoke Princess Bard, but damn, that monk was an idiot.

Edited, May 5th 2008 7:25am by catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#41 May 05 2008 at 10:13 AM Rating: Good
LOL, this is gonna sound strange, but I have elemental staves for my ninja, I rarely use them, but from time to time I feel like killing a mob without hitting it...

Edited, May 5th 2008 4:59pm by twofli
____________________________
[ffxisig]189626[/ffxisig]
#42 May 05 2008 at 10:19 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
****
4,209 posts
boywithoutaspoon, Eater of Souls wrote:
I know how it goes, I leveled PLD. Instant party invites all the way up to 73. I was pickier with PLD than I was with MNK. Yes you can afford to be.
When in the realm of time did you lvl PLD? When I took it to 75 it was "never be picky, take ANY party, stay no matter how sh*tty the part is because you never knew when your next invite would be, never blacklist anyone no matter how much of an @#%^ they are because thats potentially one less person that might invite you for exp".

Edited, May 5th 2008 2:20pm by Alrefie
____________________________
AlatarielRamuh wrote:
Sitting in one spot for hours upon hours totally = skill.
You'll know you have skill when you can't feel your ass anymore.

Show me someone who says mages can not melee and I will show you someone who has not seen the actions of Gandalf The White at the battle of Minis Tirith.
#43 May 05 2008 at 10:22 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,853 posts
akiraokami wrote:
Well I got dragged onto my whm (59) today, and exp'd, our decent rdm, but with an attitude I don't care for, left because we 'only' made 5k an hour with WAR tank, no PLD or NIN seeking, and hadn't been seeking for the past 4 hours.

Anyway, in comes a replacement, who didn't use a single elemental staff, not even dark for resting, she also meleed in int rings and whatnot.
She was unable to keep up refresh cycle, or haste cycle, or even haste anyone, she only hasted herself.
Her debuffs got resisted most of the time, and then she even DoT'd a monster we weren't fighting which wiped the PT and we decided to disband rather than put up with her...

To be nice I did the following:
click for picture

Well, I lost my niceness after a while, but wow, I'm surprised RDMs like that still exist...


I love how you don't mention SMN in your all mage jobs use them at 75 thing ;) (Considering they get THE most use out of all 8 =P)

But yes, they do still exist, I get them a lot >_< Mainly on my BLU, but they refresh the white mage... just not me -.-

Edited, May 5th 2008 11:22am by DigiDude
____________________________
~~~~~! Final Fantasy 11 !~~~~~
DigiDude - Rank 10 Windurst
75 Summoner/75 Dancer/71 Puppetmaster
Server: Pandemonium (RAWR!)
~~~~~! Retired For Now !~~~~~
#44 May 05 2008 at 10:23 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,209 posts
graspee wrote:
5k an hour at 59 is fine and any rdm or brd or other primadonna that would leave to get a better party deserves to be blisted, imho.
Any EXP more than 3k/h is good. I only get really pissy if it drops below that. Yeah, im really old school.
____________________________
AlatarielRamuh wrote:
Sitting in one spot for hours upon hours totally = skill.
You'll know you have skill when you can't feel your ass anymore.

Show me someone who says mages can not melee and I will show you someone who has not seen the actions of Gandalf The White at the battle of Minis Tirith.
#45 May 05 2008 at 11:37 AM Rating: Good
***
2,552 posts
4.5k/hr in pre-ToAU zilart/wotg zones.
6-7k/hr in ToAU.
9-10k/hr in merits.

Simple benchmarks for a party, dip below these marks and your doing worse than a standard party in 2004: nothing to write home about.
____________________________
Sparthosx
90 WAR BLU BRD RNG PUP COR SCH DNC WHM RDM






#46 May 05 2008 at 11:52 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
**
450 posts
So you are an elitist prick that thinks he is better than everyone else, and blacklists new or uninformed players...rather than offering further help via suggestions in the future??

Edited, May 5th 2008 4:00pm by Ragunax
#47 May 05 2008 at 12:04 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,911 posts
I still dun get this arguement.

exp/hr doesn't satisfy one person so he left to try for a better group and that makes him a prick? Some people play for fun and don't care how much exp/hr they are getting, whereas for some people when they exp, exp/hr is all they care about, they find high exp/hr the fun part in a PT, that doesnt make them a prick, just different people enjoy different things.

Most people have an issue with people like that is because the person left their PT and they ended up back on hold til they can get a replacement, but that isn't the issue of the person that left. It is simply conflicting of interest, while you prefer "any exp is better than no exp", the person that left perfer "fast exp > no exp > slow exp".

I do get annoyed when people left due to exp/hr wasn't up to the person's standard and everyone jump on him and go "OMFG you left my PT cause we not good enough, you prick!!!" If the exp/hr is slow, that person might not find it fun, I apologise for people didn't stick to a PT that they didn't enjoy just for your sake.
____________________________
[ffxisig]90687[/ffxisig]

http://crissagrym.livejournal.com/
#48 May 05 2008 at 12:07 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,210 posts
DigiDude wrote:
I love how you don't mention SMN in your all mage jobs use them at 75 thing ;) (Considering they get THE most use out of all 8 =P)

But yes, they do still exist, I get them a lot >_< Mainly on my BLU, but they refresh the white mage... just not me -.-

Edited, May 5th 2008 11:22am by DigiDude


Sorry it slipped my mind :P
Speaking of SMN though, did I mention her subjob was /SMN? :S
____________________________
~~~~FFXI~~~~
~Various jobs~
#49 May 05 2008 at 12:12 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,911 posts
/SMN used to be a good sub, for the max MP boost (helps Convert) and auto Refresh helps your mp last longer. While BLM also have Conserve MP trait, I find Conserve MP helps more when you cast more high MP cost spell constantly and when they kick in your safe a lot of MP. But while spells like Paralyze and other enfeebles, MP cost is low so even when Conserve MP kicks in you don't save that much MP, in a constant low MP cost spell situation the Auto Refresh seems to help a lot.

Although now /PLD also offer auto Refresh as well as Flash, but then at 75 you most likely wouldn't choose a sub due to the Refresh trait anymore.
____________________________
[ffxisig]90687[/ffxisig]

http://crissagrym.livejournal.com/
#50 May 05 2008 at 12:27 PM Rating: Good
Quote:

Most people have an issue with people like that is because the person left their PT and they ended up back on hold til they can get a replacement, but that isn't the issue of the person that left. It is simply conflicting of interest, while you prefer "any exp is better than no exp", the person that left perfer "fast exp > no exp > slow exp".


that's it, and when the person leaving happens to be a key job like tank or support, it can cause a party disband. Lets say you get a good merit party going with the right jobs, and the bard shows up, fights a few mobs, and says. "Sorry I can do better," and leaves. Wouldn't you be annoyed, especially if he is the only brd free at the moment?

Edited, May 5th 2008 4:27pm by Neispace
____________________________
Retired.
#51 May 05 2008 at 12:28 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,896 posts
crissagrym wrote:
I still dun get this arguement.

exp/hr doesn't satisfy one person so he left to try for a better group and that makes him a prick?


It makes him a prick because the amount of xp/hr the pt was getting was respectable, and if he weren't on some much needed job like rdm he would stick it out and like it, but because he is a rdm he gets to be pissy and leave, therefore screwing up 5 other people's xp/hour.

____________________________
ffxi: (retired) RDM,WHM,BLM,PLD,NIN,BLU,THF 75
WoW: PAL,SHA 80, ROG 80

« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 83 All times are in CDT